Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Trust Thy Sensei ❯ Why? ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Why?
 
She breathed in the scent of freshly polished wood flooring with shallow gasps of breath. Cool beads of sweat slid down her face in smooth uneven pathways. Knuckles white from the iron grip of the naginata she held firmly in callused hands. Feet squared and blade ready to strike or defend her life at any second. Minutes passed and the only thing she felt was the cool dojo floor under her feet and the adrenaline pumping through her tense body.
 
Just ten feet away from her exhausted body stood the tall regal form of a well-matured woman. Back strait and stance relaxed she stood there calmly and without concern of the outcome of the bout. The moons pale light shown through the sliding doorway making the grown woman almost glow with a ethereal light. A slight smile tipped over her lips. Head slightly tilted to the right with half-lidded eyes you'd thing she was looking fondly at someone or something. Not trying to kill her only student.
 
“You know, you've grown into a strong woman over the years despite your young age. I'm proud.” She said, cutting the thick silence hanging over the air. Her lips twitching into a half mocking half sarcastic smile.
 
“But, then again, what do you expect when you have a sensei like me.” She continued to taunt hoping to anger her underling enough for her to lose her cool. She did not disappoint.
 
“…Why?” The young worn out woman mumbled under her breath, eyes downcast. It was a wander that she managed to speak a single letter let alone a word with as short of breath she had.
 
Cupping a hand over her ear, the teacher leaned forward the slightest bit to make it seem like she couldn't hear the unanswered question when it was quite clear that she heard the mumble.
 
“Oh, did you say something? You're going to have to speak louder than that.” Her tone was mocking and laced with arrogance that rivaled none other while still having that twisted sarcastic smile.
 
Anger, rage and pent up frustration found its way into the young, and still developing, body of the crazed teacher's student. Tearing her head upward to bear into the eyes of the once kind and trusting sensei to the now warped eyes of a person filled with bitterness. Growling lowly in her throat, lips twisted into a snarl and eyes filled with a number of heated emotions the petite woman asked a final time.
 
“…WHY!” Scorn and resentment was clearly within the animal like snarl. Eyes burned with new found vigor as she saw her own teacher shrug the question off with nothing but boredom on her face.
 
Face slack with a hint of indifference the older woman close her eyes and lightly shook her head much to her student's distain.
 
“Have I taught you nothing at all? You must learn to stay calm in battle less you fall under the enemies' manipulation.” She said in a tone that reminded the pupil of times were her sensei was not this thing standing in front of her, but a wise and caring woman. This revelation further deepened the emotional scars she already bore from her own sensei.
 
“…But that's all I really wanted.” Head held high, in striking position, and a grin that bore a nasty resemblance to a shark that has just found its prey, she pounced completely forgetting to answer the question.
 
Holding the naginata at her right side, held parallel to her shoulder blades, she took off at amazing speed towards her pupil. She swung her blade in a wide arc, causing her student to barely have enough time to block. The shear power and force dealt into the two blades made the younger woman stumble a ways back onto the floor in a heap of trembling nerves, because she knew that at her current strength she was no match for her sensei.
 
Quickly summoning up the last bit of energy and willpower she had left, she flung herself out the open sliding doors of the dojo, and into the crisp open air of the night sky, with only the moons pale face to guide her.
~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~ _~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
 
AN: Hello fellow readers! I must say it is a pleasure to put my very first piece of literary art up and to have it shared with all of you! It is my very first complete story so please feel free to use constructive criticism. Harassment on the other hand I will not deal with. To the people out there who are wondering if I might continue I'm sorry but I have no plan to. So with all that said please Read & Review!
 
P.S. sorry for any grammar issues -_-` I may be a writer but I sure as hell ain't an editor!