Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Tulips on the Kitchen counter ❯ Tulips on the Kitchen Counter ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

~~~~~
 
Tulips on the Kitchen Counter
 
The tulips are beginning to wilt. Some of the stalks bend under the weight they are holding. The flowers have lost their bright red tone and have acquired a darker, more velvety, shining hue.
I find that I like them better this way. The new tone gives them a deeper, more complicated beauty; like that of an elegant, solemn woman. When they all stood straight as soldiers in the vase, showing their youth in the bright color, they were nothing more than flash and decoration, like young girls parading their pretty, new dresses. Now, they have taken on a life of their own and grown up into beautiful women, and I am drawn to study and observe them. Would that I could keep them like this. But I know that this acquisition of beauty only means for them that they will further lose their freshness and appeal, gaining nothing for it. They will lose their petals and turn into sagging old women with not even knowledge to show for their age. By next week, they will have been thrown away, replaced by fresh, new flowers showing off their pretty, new dresses. Flash and decoration.
 
 
~~~~~
 
Please review. This is the first time I have posted anything that I have written, and I would like very much to have a second opinion of the piece. Thank you.
 
~Sherada