Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation Girl ❯ Volume Two, Chapter Thirteen: Treasure ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Treasure

-Friday Afternoon-

This morning led to a new adventure. Fumio awoke to singing in the living room. He sat up in the bed with a puzzled look on his face. The freshman followed the sound to Sui-Topii dancing around in the doorway. Fergi stood by, smiling. Fumio looked around, blinking.

“What's the celebration for?” he asked. His sister jumped over to him.

“We're going on a treasure hunt!” Sui-Topii exclaimed.

“A treasure hunt?” her brother asked.

“Yep, yep!” the little girl said. Fumio looked up at Fergi.

“What brought this on?” he asked.

“Your grandma told her that there was a treasure buried in the backyard,” Fergi said. Fumio tried not to laugh.

“You really believe that?” he whispered.

“Might be fun to see,” she said. The freshman boy frowned. They can't be serious, he thought. Nevertheless, Fumio ended up going along with it.

-Now-

Sui-Topii looked around the giant backyard. She dragged her little pink shovel behind her. Fumio shook his head, smiling. At least she's cute, he thought. Fergi nudged him in the arm.

“Come on!” she said. “You have to get into it!” Fumio kind of nodded.

“I don't see what we'll find,” he muttered.

“That doesn't matter.”

He gave her a funny look. “Huh?”

Fergi grinned. “It's the adventure, man! The adventure!” She rushed over to join Sui-Topii. “Wait up!” Fumio tilted his head.

I don't get it, he thought. They wouldn't let it die. Fumio picked up his shovel and walked over to the girls.

“So where are we looking?” he asked. Sui-Topii walked ahead.

“There,” she said, pointing to a small willow tree. To Fumio's surprise, their grandmother sitting on the ground next to the tree. He raised an eyebrow.

“Grandma?” he asked. The old lady looked up.

“You found the spot,” she said.

“Is this where the treasure is?” Sui-Topii asked.

“Yes,” the old lady said.

“Yay!” her granddaughter cheered. She got right to digging under the tree. The grandmother looked at her grandson and his friend.

“Well, don't just stand there,” she said. “Help the child out!” Fergi jumped forward and started digging.

“You too,” the grandma said to Fumio. Her grandson shrugged. Might as well, he thought. The freshman joined in with the digging. Even grandma helped them out. After about an hour, Fumio's small shovel struck something.

“I think we've got something!” he said.

“Go on,” his grandmother said. “Pull it out!” The four of them dug away the dirt and pulled out a small silver box.

“What is it?” Sui-Topii asked. Her grandmother placed her hand to her chest.

“This was the box your grandfather gave me on our wedding day,” she said.

“Grandma,” Fumio said as he noticed the tears forming in her eyes. Her mind got lost in a sea of sentiment. Her grandson closed his mouth as he realized what type of treasure she meant. Grandma…

Friday