Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ When Life was Young ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Late nights with you, staring at the screen and never wanting to leave. Wishing the hours would freeze while we type back and forth. From empty lonesome nights, to coming home off the bus and logging in to see her screen name at the top of your buddy list, you start to change. Smiling at her `hello', you type it back. And for hours just talk and talk and talk. Share with her your past and your future plans and present situation.
 
Lie about how your fine to everyone else and then tell her how it really is. It took so long to finally reach this step. Started out as a simple review, on my story, then a reply…more reviews and replies, a month….and an email address. Then shortly after a screen name. and then the conversations explode.
 
I would sign in at school, at friends houses, check my stories all the time just to see…hoping and wishing you'd left a trail for me to keep me alive until I run into the house and turn on my computer screen and see it
 
 
`fupalumpagus'
she's online
 
 
I want to cry, my chest is heaving and my throat is dry and I open the box and say, `hey'.
I waited patiently…as if I possibly could…'hey!' is your reply.
 
It goes on from there better every minute. Talking about everything, real or imaginary. You made me feel better
You made me get up every morning
You made me start to…
 
Love
 
again.
 
I loved talking to you, I loved our conversations, I loved our poems….
 
 
But I did something wrong
 
I fell in love with you, too
 
 
But I couldn't touch you.
 
I can't touch my screen and have my fingers slide through to touch your cheek and wipe away the tear falling down it. I couldn't touch your hand timidly and shyly and wait for your reaction. I couldn't be excited when you threw your arms around me. I couldn't feel your lips touch mine in a sweet and rare kiss shared between two lonesome girls. I couldn't get the rush of pure energy and passion from my hand on your breast, your heartbeat in my palm, your fingers threaded through my hair, your sweat on my forehead, or your breath in my ear…
 
You were a dream come true. An angel floating just out of my reach. But I can't reach you no matter how hard I try to stretch…
 
You get farther away
 
And then I wake up, tears falling down my face.
 
I would never get the chance to do anything with you, or for you, or even near you.
 
I succumbed to you, submitted and then turned away.
 
Your voice in my head kept whispering my name throughout the hallways when I walked to class, listened to a teacher, ate my lunch, rode the bus. Your lingering fantasy followed me. I bit back the urge to talk to you again. I made excuses trying not to let myself turn back to your fake presence in my bedroom. I tried so hard not to call out your name in the rain falling on my skin. I threw out my blade not wishing to spill blood on your name. I would not die without you. Never.
 
I would never leave with out you by my side…
 
I hurried my pace and burst through the door signed on to my messenger, scanned through the unread messages. And found you
 
 
 
Finally found you. Opened a new box, and say `hey' as if nothing happened. `hey!' you reply…it restarts again…
 
 
I can only go a week without talking to you.
 
 
 
God, what I wouldn't give to tell you more….with your head on my shoulder and my arms around you, as we dance eternally in the moonlit rain.
 
Can you remember me, like I still remember you…?
 
 
Crimson sisters?
 
I wanted to be your crimson lover…