Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Wingless ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Neim*n!”
The voice was booming from overhead and it echoed in his ears. He would have answered but his body was so heavy and he could barely breathe. With every breath, he could feel every bone in his ribs shake and the air captured within seemed to whip around as if it were a hallow cavern.
The most distinct features of that day were as horrible as they were beautiful. The first was the scent of blood in the air and the second was the knowledge that the ground had such a crimson color to match the air. But since he was on his back, he didn't see it or the carnage going on around him. He didn't remember even hearing any other sound other than his name from a mysterious one from above had couldn't see.
What he remembered the most about that day was in fact how blue the sky was. It wasn't a bright blue or a gray but a mix of both in a color that reminded him of a normal, ordinary day. There were even some clouds in the sky, eight he could see. He loved clouds, the way they looked as they hung in the sky.
Then he felt a pressure creep upon him from below his heart and everything went black.