Other Fan Fiction / Original Song Lyrics Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Five Minutes and She's Where I Wanna Be ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9
 
Joe woke up on Wednesday morning when Frankie started jumping on his bed. “Joe wake up! Wake up! Four more days four more days!!!!!”
“I'm up, Tank. What's in four days?” Joe asked, playing dumb.
“My birthday silly! And then my party is a week after that!” Frankie, said, smiling a wide, toothy smile.
“Awesome! So what are you doing today?”
“I get to come with you to the photo shoot! But mom says I have to sit still and read this.” he replied, holding up a Magic Tree House book. “But I'm gonna watch instead.”
“Okay. Are you excited?”
“Yes!” Joe laughed when his little brother started jumping up and down again.
“Then you better go get ready!”
“Okay!” Frankie was just about to walk out the door when Joe remembered something.
“Wait! Frankie!”
“What?”
“Is it okay if I invite some friends to your birthday party?”
“Will they give me presents?”
“Of course!”
“Okay! Wait… is it that jewelry girl? Ruby or something?”
“Krystal… how do you know about her?”
“Nick and Kevin told me a few days ago when I asked why you always come here after dinner.”
“Oh.” Frankie left Joe to his thoughts, and a little while later, Nick and Kevin walked into the room.
“Hey Joe.”
“Morning.”
“So, how's Krystal?” Kevin asked.
“She's okay. She had a… weird day yesterday.”
“Define weird.” Nick said.
“Did I ever tell you guys about Ryan?”
“We were wondering about that, actually. You put Krissy, Nicole, Marisa, and him on the invitation, and you told up it might get you on his good side. Is he like her cousin or something?” Nick asked.
“Worse. Her best friend who's in love with her.”
“Uh oh.” Kevin said.
“Yeah. He hates me cuz I talk to her every night and yesterday, he kissed her.”
“Does she like him?”
“Only as a friend, or brother, I guess.”
“Well, that's good, isn't it?”
“For now, but what if she changes her mind?”
“In eleven days?”
“It's possible.”
“Just keep, I don't know, talking to her. Hopefully she can come… Kevin! You zoned out again.”
“Sorry.. well, Joe, I don't think this situation's a movie.” Kevin said, trying to keep a straight face. The three of them stared at each other, then broke out in laughter.
“But seriously,” Joe said, recovering, “Frankie's party won't come fast enough.”
“You worry too much.” Nick said.
“Wouldn't you be worried?”
“Maybe, yeah. But I don't think I would be as jealous.” He replied, smirking.
“When did I say I was-”
“There it is again.” Kevin sighed.
“What?”
“Denial.” Kevin and Nick said in unison.
“AH! You to are so creepy when you do that!”
“It's more effective.” Kevin replied, smirking.
“But don't change the subject.” Nick added, giving Joe a question look.
“Well, of course I'm jealous! He gets to see her everyday, and he got to kiss her yesterday!”
“But it didn't mean anything to her. Joe, I'm pretty sure that means she doesn't like him. Are you sure you wanna be jealous of him?” Nick reasoned.
“I guess not of that, but he still gets to see her.”
“But just yesterday you were explaining how it's more interesting to wonder!” Kevin said.
“Yeah, and I also said how wondering gets old! You even agreed that after a while you would get impatient!”
“Oh, true.”
“Yup!”
“Well, I still think you don't have very much to be jealous of.”
“I'm probably more jealous of they guys she likes.”
“So you're jealous of yourself?” Nick asked.
“I wish. I gotta get ready.” Joe replied, walking out of the room. When he was gone, Nick turned to Kevin.
“Pass me his phone.” Kevin did so, and Nick copied down Krystal's number on a post it.
“What are you doing?” Kevin asked.
“Talking to Krissy, but we're not telling Joe.”
“I like it. Why?”
“Oh, just to get one piece of info…”
------
Krystal was in History when her phone buzzed in her pocket.
hey its nick. is it okay to text you while youre at school?
Yeah. What's up?
Nothing much. Joe told us about your `wonderful' day yesterday
Oh joy
hey, it's a funny story
sure it is
sorry ill stop now
good… so why exactly are you texting me?
im bored
you don't have anyone else to talk to?
I do but I picked you. consider yourself lucky. but don't tell Joe im talking to you, he might get mad, cuz hes nice enough to leave you alone while youre `concentrating' in class lol
okay… ill have to tell him that distractions are welcome :P
that's what I said
well why would he trust you ever me?
hmm… maybe cuz im his brother?
but youre a boy…
wow. thanks, I never knew…
haha anytime : )
so can I ask who this ryan guy is? Joe left out those details…
one of my best friends.
friend? are you sure?
positive. I don't like him like that. why are you so curious?
so who do you like?
none of you business
is it Joe?
whoa whoa whoa. when did I say that?
well is it?
no
then who? come on I wont tell
no one
so it is Joe?
no its no one
why else wouldn't you tell me. gotcha! don't worry though your secret's safe with me ;)
nick there is no secret.
Nick didn't respond, and after 5 minutes, Krystal resent her last message. 15 minutes after that, she still hadn't gotten a response.
NICK! What are you up to?? there is no secret!!!!!
sure krissy whatever you say
see this is why Joe's right not to trust you -_- stop distracting me
fine lol… have fun in class!
-----------
Nick closed his phone and went down to the kitchen for breakfast.
“Well?” Kevin asked.
“Mission accomplished.” Nick whispered. They grinned mischievously at each other, then turned to their brother.
“So Joe,” Kevin started, “we should work on that song/”
“Why?”
“Well, don't you think you should sing it to her?” Nick asked. Joe gave him a pointed look, then glanced at his parents, and brought his gaze back to Nick.
“We already know about Krystal, Joe.” Paul said. Joe's eyes widened as he faced his dad.
“What? How? Since when?”
“Did you think they wouldn't notice you locking yourself in your room every night?” Kevin asked.
“Mabye…”
“Well, I think the song is wonderful. You should sing it to her at Frankie's party.” Denise said.
“You know about that, too?!” She got up and grabbed the piece of paper that had the lyrics on it up off the counter. The whole family (except Joe, of course) laughed as his face turned bright red.