Other Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Safe Haven ❯ Safe Haven ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue
What do you mean you didn't know?”
That's exactly what I mean, I didn't know.”
How could you notknow? It was right there in front of your face!!! You should have…
The shouts continued to echo through the small two-bedroom apartment. They pierced right through the walls and allowed the teenage girl sprawled out on her bed to listen to everything they shouted at each other.
Absently, the girl tossed the book she was reading to the side and got to her feet. She crossed her room and slammed her door shut so hard it cracked the wood framing, and still her parents continued to yell and scream at the other.
She leaned against her door and slid down it until her head rested on her knees and hid her face. Every night her parents fought over one thing or another, sometimes of cheating, sometimes of withholding some of their paycheck, or, their favorite, of being a scumbag and then proceed to curse the other out. Tonight was no exception.
You dirty little…
The shouting continued through the walls, slowly escalating until they began throwing things at each other. Fortunately, their daughter had thought ahead and taken superglue to everything of value and glued it to its stand, or whatever it was sitting on. With any luck, the argument would be over before morning, but it still wasn't soon enough for their daughter.
Tears silently dropped into the white carpet below her as tears slipped unheeded down her cheeks. “I wish I were anywhere but here, anywhere,” she whispered desperately.
I hate you.
I hate you too.
I going to see my lawyer tomorrow.
Good, because I am too, you little…
Marilyn, sometimes called Mari by her friends, got to her feet and made her way over to her window and sat down on the sill, one leg still resting on the floor so she didn't fall off. She pressed her cheek against the cool window and looked up at the night sky just as a shooting star passed overhead.
She shut her eyes tightly and wished with all her heart, “I wish I could disappear to a place that my parents fights couldn't reach me.” Then, she went unconscious, unaware that her wish would be granted.
* * *
When she next awoke her first impression was that her parents had forgotten to wake her up for school again and that she would be late for the millionth time that year. She groaned and rolled over onto her side and fell off the bed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1