Other Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Was That A Tear ❯ Chapter -1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Was That a Tear

Preface:
I never thought of dying or how it felt. I just knew it hurts everyone. Now at this moment I understand why Grandfather had told me not to cry when he was dying. The demon took out its claws from my right chest and blood spilled out. I coughed out blood and my vision blurred.
“You stupid HUMAN!” The demon growled at me and raised his claws again to end my life.
I brought my sword up and stuck it into its filthy mouth as another sword point came out of its left chest. I realized Yuki was the owner of that sword.
“GIN!”
The demon burst into dust and the wind carried it away. I fell to my knees but Yuki caught me as he dropped his sword.
“Please be okay Gin…please be okay…”
He held me against his chest and cradled me. I coughed again and blood came out. My lungs were damage and my breath was stinging my lungs.
“Hold on Gin!”
Hold on…? I want to so bad Yuki…but I know I wouldn’t last very long.
He tried stopping the bleeding but I was losing blood too fast. The chaos around us was ignore as he tried desperately to recover me.
I lift my hands up to his…that took a lot of energy out of me…I lightly squeeze his hands and he looked me in the eyes. I smiled up at him and nodded my head no.
I understand now Grandfather…why you had told me not to cry when you died. It’s heartbreaking when someone you love a lot can’t be comfort by you anymore. Grandfather I really want to apologize for crying at your side…if I knew I would at least have smiled.
“Gin, everything is going to be okay. Just hold on a little longer.”
Yuki’s eyes were darting from my wounds to my face. Close by I saw Kohaku Sensei running up to us, and I smile one more time at Yuki.
I handed him the sword Grandfather had given me not so long ago.
The pain was getting to me as I gasp for air. It was harder and harder to breathe as the time continues.
“Miss Satsu!”
Kohaku Sensei kneeled beside Yuki and looked horrified. It was getting harder to smile.
“Y…Yuki…”
That was just too much to talk…my breathing came harder and my lungs started to sting even more.
“Shh…Gin everything is going to be okay.”
“Yuki…I give…y-you…the…”
My vision blurred and everything went dark…but I knew I was still alive…just barely…
“Gin!”
“You are…the right…ful owner now…K-Koh—haku Sensei…will help you…”
“Gin!”
“M-miss…Ss…aaa…tttsssuuu!”
I can hear Kohaku Sensei crying and holding on to my arms…maybe hoping that would bring some life into my dulling eyes.
Please…oh god please…let me see Yuki one last time before I go…I want to tell him that I love him too…I want to answer him properly.
“Yuki…I lo…ve you too…”
My vision cleared a little bit and I saw his face…the face that brought emotions into me…the face that showed me what true strength was.
I sigh and smile with one last effort before I felt my eyelid give away…but before the darkness took over…I felt something wet drop from Yuki to my face…was that a tear?