Other Fan Fiction / Role Playing Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Daimonion ❯ Daimonion:Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Reign and Psythe walk out the door; you follow, it was only natural. You all walk into the bedroom and in the bedroom as soon and a few feet from the door, Delva had Drakon pinned on the ground.
Drakon groans loudly. Then he starts to struggle. "Oh no, you don't!" Delva says, pinning him further on the floor.
"You don't understand, please, let me explain," he says moaning in pain.
"Explain what? Trying to kidnap _____ is what you tried to do!" Delva grows angry, inflicting more pain on Drakon.
"Delva, let him explain himself," Thantos says.
Delva stands and jerks Drakon up by his shirt. He then throws him to the bed. Drakon sits up, "I did it because..."
"I did it because Beliya'al's command," he says and looks down, "Beliya'al will kill me if I don't show up with ____, tonight."

"That bastard," Delva growls.

"Please understand, I only did it so he won't kill me," Drakon adds.

"We'll kill you if you pulled this off, and believe me, we would have found you," Delva growls.

"Delva, please, remain calm," Thantos says calmly.

You then decide to step forth, "Delva, let's go to the living room."

"Fine," he says.

You turn and walk into the bathroom. You get Patches and walk out. As you walk by the bed, you give Drakon a very evil look.

You follow Delva out of the room and down the stairs. You all go and sit on the couch in the living room and wait a while, silently.

Finally, Reign walks down the stairs and looks at you, "_____, we have a plan."

"Okay," you say.

"Well, we'll need you at the castle where Beliya'al now lives," he says.

"What?!" you and Delva stand.

"What if he hurts her?" Delva asks.

"He won't, he can't do anything with us there," Reign says

"Okay, let me get this straight. We're going to actually put her in danger so we can do what ever it is to Beliya'al? What if something happens to her?" Delva says as he is growing furious.
"She will be fine, Drakon will be with her," Reign says, trying to calm Delva down.
"Excuse me, Drakon just tried to kidnap her and who knows what Beliya'al would do to her if he succeeded!" Delva growls. You had never seen him so angry. It is surprising that from only knowing him for such a short period of time, he'd be this defensive.
They continue to argue and you sit there, not paying attention anymore. You start to think about going. If I go, I'd be a distraction to Beliya'al and they can do what ever they need to do and get me out of there. It must be important since they are fighting each other this badly to decide as to me going or not. You look up at Reign, "I'll do it, but only if..."

"I'll do it, if, and only if you tell me what is going on," you say.

Reign nods, "This is going to be hard to explain. But, Beliya'al has half of the Jewel of Daimonion. We need it back very badly or the demon world will fall to an ill fate. This jewel has the soul of our father in it, and when Beliya'al took half of it, he was very troubled. We didn't know until he came to seize you. If a troubled soul possesses the jewel, it turns black, releasing powers from our father's dark side," he sighs, "If we do not get it back we're all doomed and maybe even the human world may go to turmoil if he decides if he'd like to rule it too."

"I see, then why is he coming after me?" you ask.

"We are not sure," he lies. You knew he was, because of what he had said before, he told you that you had to figure it out on your own.

"When do we leave?" you ask.

"Tonight, prepare yourself," Reign says as he walks back up the stairs.

"_____-" Delva is put to a halt by your lips; you hold them tight with yours and slowly pull back opening your eyes.

His eyes were wide and he was slightly blushing. "_____, I don't want you to do this. What if something bad happens to you? It will be our fault. You don't have to do this," he protests.

"I know, but I want to. I have to for the sake of our worlds," you say.

He nods and looks down. Not saying another word.

You decide to spend the rest of the day, spending time with each of the demons who you've grown to know as friends. Except for Psythe, and you come to him last. The time for your departure was growing near.

You walk into the kitchen to find Thantos. "Hey, have you seen Psythe?" you ask.

"He's in his room, if you want to see him, I'm sure he wouldn't mind," Thantos says as he smiles.

"Thank you," you say and walk into the living room to find Delva sitting on the couch staring into space, at least until you enter. "Can you take me to Psythe?" you ask.

"Yeah," he says and gets up.

You both walk up the stairs and through the hallway. Delva knocks on the door and Psythe answers by opening the door without saying a word.

"She would like to see you," Delva says and he turns to walk away.

Psythe stands back from the door allowing you to enter. You walk in and he shuts the door. You stand in the middle of the room. "Please sit down," he says as he motions you to the bed.

You sit at the foot and he sits at the middle. He was holding something in his hand. "I was hoping that you would stop by," he says as he hands you something. It was an onyx necklace with a locket shaped like a heart. You take it and look at it, it was beautiful.

"Open it up and look inside," he says.

You open it and embedded in the inside of the onyx compartment was a shard of a jewel.

"That is a piece of the Jewel of Daimonion. Just that small portion will protect you from harm, sadly it can not strengthen you in anyway," he says.

"It's beautiful” you say,” thank you so much," you say gratefully.

He says nothing as he leans over to take the necklace. You lower your head as he puts it around your neck. "Be sure to hide it though," Psythe warns, "It is not new to Beliya'al."

You nod and slip it under the collar of your shirt. You smile at Psythe and lean over to give him a soft kiss on the cheek.

After you pull away there was a moment of silence, but sometimes silence says the most.

You hear a knock on the door. Psythe gets up to answer. It is Reign. "Where's _____?" he asks.

Psythe looks back to show him that you were with him. "Okay," Reign says, "We must be leaving now."

You take a deep breath and let the words sink in. But you weren't afraid; you had the locket to keep you safe.