Other Fan Fiction ❯ Bang Bang ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Bang Bang
 
So, yeah.
 
You're dead.
 
I don't know if you want some huge speech, or some creepy hooded guy with his giant scythe leaning over you, or that escalator they showed in those old Bugs Bunny cartoons. I don't know what you want, but I do know I can't give it to you.
 
 
You have all these assumptions about death. I did too, you know. I thought… I don't know what I thought. I was lazy and ignorant and in my own little world, for the most part. I'm pretty sure that's the sign of being doomed.
 
I don't know you. I don't know your life. I don't know if you were a good person or a bad person or if you kicked puppies while saving orphaned children… I know I didn't, but this isn't about me, is it?
 
It isn't about you, definitely.
 
What is it about? Nothing, everything, the Universe fucking us over again.
 
Is that all we ever do? Fuck and fuck up?
 
Sorry, I talk to myself a lot.
 
No, I don't know what happens next. I don't think I'm allowed to know. I had a friend; I think she found out. I don't think I'm half as daring as she is. I probably never will be.
 
In the mystery of the Universe, only one thing lasts forever: death. And I'm forced to live it.
 
Yeah. Ironic. Fucking ironic.
 
This is the end of it all. The final curtain, the last bow, wave goodbye and say hello, and just go on your way. That's all you can do.
 
What did I do? Absolutely nothing. It's nice to know someone else is doing it in my place.
 
 
So, yeah.
 
It's easy as that. Boom, bang, nothing left but a pile of ash or a streak of blood. It's amazing how quick we cover everything up. Someone cracks their head up and there are brains on the floor; in five minutes we can have it swept up and the body in the morgue.
 
It's all end part one and start part two, but part two involves a black void where all we do is live, as to part one was a life that was just a void.
 
End of the line, here's your last stop. Gotta get off the train before it crashes into something worse.
 
I don't know why I'm here and someone else isn't. Destiny, they said. Fate, I was told. Who decides what fate I get? Who decides what I will do and when I'll be doing it?
 
Fucked up, I say, but I think I say that a lot.
 
Anyway, that's all I ever did.
 
Apathy being the opposite of empathy being the sister of sympathy. I had all of the former and none of those last bits.
 
Think that's why I'm here? Because I didn't care when I was alive, and now I'm not forced to are when I'm dead, and that's all I can do.
 
I hope your life was better than mine. I hope it wasn't full of disappointment or at least had some excitement in it. I hope.
 
I hope you weren't like me.
 
So, yeah.
 
You're dead.
 
Sucks, doesn't it?
 
---
I knew all along
That I was right at the start
About the seeds of the weeds
That grew in your heart

Self satisfaction for the factions
Who formed to tear us apart
Oh I gave you the Midas touch
As you turned round to scratch out my heart

Oh what did you expect?
Oh tell me what did you expect?
To lay it on my head?
So is it all upon my head?

Bang bang you're dead!
Oh I'm so easily lead
Bang, bang, you're de-e-ead!
Put all those rumours to bed
Bang, bang you're dead

I knew all along
But I was loathed to believe
There was nothing but spite
Fury and lies in the words that you weave

Bring our illusion to a conclusion
With all our unsold dreams
Put it to bed, kick it in the head
Oh won't they just let it be

Bang bang you're dead!
Oh I'm so easily lead
Bang, bang, you're de-e-ead!
Put all those rumours to bed
Bang, bang you're dead

Bang bang bang bang you're dead
 
Notes:
George's thoughts talking to someone who just died. I thought the song was absolutely perfect for the series, especially for her.
Please don't report me for the lyrics. I put them at the end because it's easier instead of reading through the story and finding them where story should be. So, yeah. Go me.