Other Fan Fiction ❯ Confusion ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1
 
I stared at the door, watching my sanity dance out. What happened this morning? I just don't understand. Everything has gone wrong. I can't believe that this really happened. Why did I even bother to come to school? I shouldn't have bothered. I can't even concentrate on my subjects, and I forgot to grab all of my school work so ill get in trouble for that alone. What even did really happen?
 
“Sweetie, hurry up or you'll be late for school!!”
 
“I know mom, i'm almost done.” I yelled as I finished getting my shoes on.
 
I grabbed my hair brush as I ran down the stairs, nearly tripping halfway down. I walked into the kitchen and stared at the fridge. Do I really want leftovers for breakfast again, or should I just go for some rice. My parents never go grocery sopping for me, they always seem to forget my food. I really didn't feel like some kind of Mexican chicken for breakfast so I went into the cupboards for some rice. “Crap,” I whispered. No rice left. Guess that ill have to skip breakfast for today. Or just mooch off of my friends just like I usually do. Hm, that woks I guess.
 
DING DONG.
 
“Mom would you please get the door for me! I'm kinda busy right this minute!” I shouted.
 
They kept repeatedly ringing the doorbell over, and over. I wanted to tell them to ether just wait or to shut up already.
 
“MOM!!!”
 
“Hold your horses will you. I'm coming.”
 
“COME ON ALREADY!!!! GET OUT OF THE BASEMENT, WHOEVER THIS IS IS STARTING TO ANNOY ME!”
 
“THEN GET THE DOOR YOURSELF!!!!”
 
“I CAN'T I'M LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO EAT!!!!”
 
“FINE.”
 
I wasn't really looking for food anymore; I just don't really like answering the door. I don't particularly like people. Especially if I don't know the person.
 
Finally she took the time from whatever she was doing to answer the door. I mentally thanked her because that damn doorbell was really becoming a nuisance.
 
“May I help you?” I herd her say. Whoever it was didn't decide to respond. I thought how rude. Not only was this person annoying, but they were rude to. At least show some respect to her.
 
I herd some sort of shriek, and then I didn't hear anything. I turned to see what was going on. A guy was standing in the doorway, dressed completely in black. When he saw me he turned so quick that all I really saw of him were his bright yellow cat eyes.
 
I ran up to my mom to see if she was alright. But she wasn't, she was dead. There was a deep gash in her neck, deep enough to see her spinal chord. The cheerful eyes that I had come to know and love was gone. Instead of bright and loving, they were dark and glassy. Absolutely no sign of life. I grabbed the phone on the table behind me and dialed 911. I didn't bother to stay around, I wanted to just go to school, come back, and see everything back the way it was supposed to be. I tried that once before, it didn't work.
 
What truly happened this morning I have no clue. But ill tell you this much, i'm scared out of my mind!! I men what could happen next? Could that happen to me? I don't want to die just yet! I have so much going for me! All it takes is one second and everything changes. It's the end of the world as I know it. Or maybe not just yet.