Other Fan Fiction ❯ Crypton Academy for Vocaloid Enhancement (クリプトンアカデミーボーカロイド用の拡張) ❯ Introduction: The Creation of a Singing Android (歌うアンドロ ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

Introduction: The Creation of a Singing Android (æ­Œã†ã‚¢ãƒ³ã ƒ‰ãƒ­ã‚¤ãƒ‰ã ®ä½œæˆ)
 
The creation of the first Vocaloid happened by accident.
 
The Yamaha Corporation was looking for a new type of music program- one that could have any consumer manipulate a voice bank to aid in composition. They were sick of simplistic composition programs with synthesized instrument midi tracks, or just selling instruments. They just wanted simple voice bank software they could sell discs of to budding composers.
 
They didn't expect to create pop idols. They didn't expect a full, human-like android to be the result of their work, or for it to be standing in front of them. They didn't know how to handle them, either.
 
But the first thing they found out is that these androids had a voice, and it was immense in range, but they didn't understand human emotion, actions, or anything essential to life. They had blank faces, with glazed over eyes, swirling with data. They looked human, but this program obviously didn't have a personality or soul.
 
This would be a problem of course, seeing as this android was not part of their computer, but was walking around the office. If it were to blend in with this environment, they would have to make their creation act and seem as if they were human.
 
This was the creation of Yamaha Project: Vocaloid.
 
For a few years, they had to shut down their first android, so they could figure out how they were to make it look human and act human. They had no idea how they made the Vocaloid in the first place, so they had no idea if they could alter this already-existing android to contain emotion, manners, and human nature. There was a five-layer plan set into motion before the android was brought back into consciousness:
Layer 1: Create a look for the Vocaloid- give it hair, clothing, alter the body type before turning the android on again.
Layer 2: Teach the Vocaloid it's name, the idea of age, about food, water, and the essential elements to life.
Layer 3: Teach the Vocaloid about human customs, and train it in these ideas.
Layer 4: Teach the Vocaloid about it's voice. Train it in singing, until it is ready to record songs.
Layer 5: Introduce emotion and personality to the Vocaloid unit.
 
Then, they could introduce the Vocaloid to the world as a singing sensation- and make it look like it is just some 20-something they found who had incredible talent.
 
After the release of the first Vocaloid into the world, they would figure out how they made their new project, and create more. However, nobody was to know that these singers were created by man.