Other Fan Fiction ❯ Edna and Harvey: The Breakout~A POV Story ❯ In a Room ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1: (In a Room)

***Edna's POV***

I looked around the room I was in. There wasn't much to look through. And I wasn't going to sit around and not do anything. Or at least I didn't think I did so anyway.

Nearby was a table and there, next to it was a chair.

I came toward the chair, looking at it as I said to myself, "My most generous hosts have granted me a whole chair. Looking at it closely, the stunning chair-likeness of this chair practically jumps out at me."

However, I didn't feel like sitting down. For some reason, my rear was hurting from all that sitting and I don't think the chair would have made anything comfy.

After a few moments, I picked up the chair by the leg, speaking, "Let's see how detachable this chair leg really is!"

Quickly and swiftly, I undid the leg from the chair, then glanced at it. I'm glad I found this, I thought to myself, since it would prove useful. But how to make it more useful?

I glanced at the table, then at the leg before having an idea. With delight and excitement, I came up to the table, then bashed the chair leg, causing part of it to break, making it sharp.

"Oops," I spoke, "I broke my chair leg."

Just then, an excited voice, a male voice spoke out in glee, "Yeah, baby! Let's trash the whole place!"

I yelped a bit, trying to look around a bit. Who said that?, I thought as I looked around.

No one else was around the room with me, other than that doctor that just left. But there was one thing I hadn't tried yet. Could I be hallucinating or something?

I looked back at my doll. The blue stuffed rabbit made of terrycloth with light blue belly. I was a bit cautious about it. Could this doll really...?

After a few moments, I sighed before asking it, "Errrm...hello?"

Just then, the doll, at least from what I can tell, started smiling as he said, "Hello, Edna! What's up?"

'Edna'? Was that my name? It was so confusing. I'm locked in a strange room, no one else to be around, and now my doll was speaking to me.

Normally, people would freak out if there was a talking doll. However, this creature, this rabbit plush, he didn't seem very creepy.

Finally, I asked the doll, "Who the heck are you? And what? You can speak?"

"I'm your buddy, Harvey," the rabbit hung by the ears explained to me, "It's a shame you don't recognize me. I'll help you get outta here and try to restore your memory."

He, restore my memory? Well crazier things have happened around Earth like the rumors going on about why no one must have imaginations and such. After all, I know nothing and he seems to be linked to what should be my past.

"How's it going, Harv?" I asked him.

"I'd be much better if we were outta here already." he said with caution.

"What is this place?"

"I have no idea, but I wanna get outta here."

"Me too. It seems to be some kind of asylum."

At that moment, it dawned to me: I was put here in the asylum. Framed for something I didn't do...or at least so I thought.

"This must be a misunderstanding!" I protested before continuing, "I'll go and have a look around then. Maybe I can find a way outta here."

Finally, I came up to a door, looking at it. I know it would be impossible have a door talk, but I was kind of running out of options at the moment.

"Hiya, door." I said with a grin, "How's it hangin' today?"

At that moment, Harvey began making a mock tone, sounding perverted as he spoke, "I was feeling a little unhinged earlier, but I'm feeling better now. In fact, I'm experiencing a perverse satisfaction from blocking your way."

"I hate you, door!" I frowned.

It looked like I was stuck for a good long while, so I took my frustration at one of the pads, slicing down one of them.

For a few moments, I pondered a bit. I didn't know what to say, but maybe if I were to talk through the grate, I could...

With that, I looked at the area where the window to my door was, calling out, "Hello! Heeeeeeellloooo! Can anybody hear me?"

At that moment, the window opened up briefly as someone, a different voice, shouted in anger, "What do you want?"

"I want out outta here!" I demanded.

"Forget it!" the voice snapped before the window with bars closed.

"What kind of a way is that to treat a guest?" Harvey frowned before looking at me, continuing, "We won't give up that easily, will we?"

I looked annoyed a bit, wanting to shout to him once more, so I started to.

***Babbit's POV***

Damn that girl! She was starting to get to the annoying stage now. I just couldn't believe the doctor left me to guard her. I mean why bother? It's not only boring, but also there's nothing to do while I wait.

And earlier, she had the nerve to ask to get out! Yeesh, she was annoying.

After a moment, I heard her faint voice calling out, "Hey! Heeeeelloooo!"

In annoyance, I opened the window, glancing as I shouted, "Don't make so much noise in there! What do you want?"

In a curious, but annoying tone, she spoke, "Where am I?"

I rolled my eyes, saying while I grinned, chuckling, "Honey, if I answered that question every time one of you loonies asked me, I wouldn't even have time to go to the bathroom anymore."

Swiftly, I fixed my hair as I continued, "Listen, honey, I'm not paid for talking. Anything else?"

"Who am I?"

Annoyed, I sternly told her, "You are by far the most annoying patient I've ever had to guard."

"Patient?" she asked in confusion, "Am I sick then? I certainly don't feel sick."

"Listen, sweetie, you're in a room with padded wall. Why don't you try to figure it out for yourself?"

"I'm not insane!" she protested as she briefly showed that stupid rabbit, "Isn't that so, Harvey?"

I rolled my eyes, becoming more annoyed at the situation. Did that shock therapy really damage her or something? Sometimes I wish I was doing the guard duty out by the front at time.

Then, the voice called out, "Right. She isn't insane."

I yelped a bit, pondering a bit. Did she pretended to mimick something not her or was it actually one of those banned...

Afterward, I heard Edna speaking, "Do you hear? Harvey agrees."

Finally, I chuckled in amusement, speaking in a mocking tone, "You really ARE an odd couple, the 'both' of you."

In a rude tone, she spoke out, "I just noticed how much of a doofus you are."

"Doofus? Are you calling me a doofus? This doofus is about to come in there and show you his infamous backhand!" I snapped, showing my backhand.

"Why's it so hot in here?" She asked, as if she was sweaty.

I didn't think she was too much trouble, but I told her, "That might be due to the air conditioner being turned off."

She paused before speaking, "What air conditioner?"

Rolling my eyes, I chuckled, "Do you think the Doctor is stupid enough to have an exposed ventilation shaft in your cell?" He-he-he-he. The air conditioner is hidden behind the padding, of course."

"Is that so, huh? An air conditioner behind the padding. That DOES make much more sense, of course."

"I'll have to think about that. If you keep quiet from now on, maybe...LATER!" I smirked.

"Let me out! This is an emergency!" she shouted.

"Oh is it?"

"I have to pee!"

"Oh, the good old "I have to pee" trick. Truly a classic. Do you honestly think you get to be a warden in an asylum for the insane if you ever fall for that one?"

"I'm a bit dizzy." she told me.

"Well, that's probably because of the stale air in there. I suppose I coud get up now, walk over to the controls of the AC, and provide you with some fresh air. But then again, maybe I won't."

"I'm hungry!"

By now, she was becoming more and more annoying. And it was bugging me. Ugh, what could I do, though? I'm just guarding her.

"Dinner's at 6. It's ashame that all you get is bread and water again. It's free choice day at the cafeteria."

"Hey, who are you anyway?"

"None of your damn business." I snapped at her.

So far, the conversation was turning one sided. Sometimes, I felt like I needed to take my mind off her and read a book, but sadly I'm forbidden to read one while on duty.

"I need to check what the weather's like."

"Well, the early autumn sun is resting low in an orange sky. The air is so clear that the distant light is sparkling in the mountain reflections. It's around 65 degrees Fahrenheit. It's a lovely day outside, but YOU won't be able to see it, I'm afraid."

Then, after a few brief moments, the girl patient spoke out calmly, "I couldn't help but notice how skillfully you're guarding the door."

My eyes opened wide a bit, realizing as I nodded, "Huh. You noticed that, eh? So you might have also noticed that I have my own technique. I developed it at the last tournament. Yep."

"Really? So you're a famous athlete! Do you play on a team or something?"

I looked back at the window before speaking, "Oh, he-he, I...well, I play golf. Mini Golf. Yep."

Just then, I heard her yelping as she spoke, "Mini Golf!? I'm getting all dizzy!"

"And with good reason, sweetheart. You know what? I'll turn on the AC for ya. You can cool off a bit that way."

Finally, after closing the window, I went over to the air conditioner, turning it on. At least she would shut up for a while...hopefully.

***Harvey's POV***

Yippe! Edna's plan was working! All she had to do was find the right conversation and then we could use the AC vent to make our escape, just like we planned it. I can't believe he actually fell for it.

No sooner had the air conditioner turned on, some trickle of stuffing fell to the ground before Edna noticed and said, "There's a draft coming from behind this gap."

And as soon as she could, she went up to where the stuff fell out, cutting the pad wide open. To our notice, we saw the ventilation shaft locked in the grate. It was our escape route. We would eventually be home free.

"I hate grates!" she frowned.

She looked at the screws on the grate, then looked worried as she spoke to me, asking, "I can't unscrew it without some kind of tool."

Confident, I smirked, "Hah! You used to know how way back when."

"What do you mean?" she asked me like a confused child.

"You used to be able to loosen screws with no tool before, that's what I mean."

I watched her pondering a bit before speaking a bit sadly, "I could just cry, Harvey. I can't loosen these screws."

Tears began streaming from her as I began to worry. She use to know how to do so, but she needed a memory boost. And to be honest, I really wanted to help her out, but how?

Just then, an idea formed in my head before I patted her, speaking, "Aw come on. You should be able to eat screws like that for breakfast! That certainly wouldn't have stopped you when you were little."

In confusion, she lifted me before asking, "What do you mean by that?"

"Well...you used to be able to pull off a pretty cool trick."

Eagerly, she asked me some questions, weird questions that she said, "Could I teleport? Could I talk to dolphins? Could I juggle burning chainsaws? Could I polka with my bare feet? Could I hold my breath for 10 minutes?"

I looked a bit uneasily before I meekly said, "Not exactly that. But a couple of screws would never have been an obstacle for you."

It was true. At least from what I could remember anyway.

"I must've been an extra laid back kid. What else do you know?"

I began pondering a bit, trying to figure out the right words. I didn't wanna jump on so many memories too soon. Not to mention I was having a hard time remembering certain events.

Then, I began saying to her, "Errrmm...that isn't how it works. Just remember: I'm a projection of your subconscious."

"Nobody's perfect." she said with a shrug.

"I can give your memory a boost. But you'll have to show me things that remind you of your childhood."

"Like the screws?"

"Exactamundo."

"And then?"

"Then, I'll tempomorph us to the past." I confidentally said to her.

Or at least show her memories of what at least I could remember anyway.

"Cooool." She grinned before pondering, "What exactly do you mean by "tempomorph"? Does that hurt? Will my body be split into molecules and beamed backwards through time?"

"Something like that."

"I'm ready, Harvey."

"Shall I tempomorph you to the past now?"

She nodded with a glee, speaking, "Yeah! Tempomorph me to the past!"

With delight, I bowed somewhat when I was swung as I said with glee, "As you wish. Hold on."

Finally, everything began flashing white, as if we really were going back to the past. I only hoped that this first jump to the past would be enough to help Edna remember to learn how to undo screws.

(End of Chapter 1)