Other Fan Fiction ❯ Edna and Harvey: The Breakout~A POV Story ❯ Into Edna's Past ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: (Into Edna's Past)

***Edna's POV***

I opened my eyes and found myself in a strange place...and yet it was familiar. To my notice, I saw Harvey moving around before looking at where I was: a basement.

"So this is the past?" I asked in a now younger voice, "It looks like our old basement at least."

I then looked at myself with glee as I continued, "And look at me! I'm young!"

"We've jumped back about 10 years." He explained to me.

"Don't I have to be careful now that I don't run over my own grandpa or something?"

"No more than usual. We're just observing your memory here."

"Ah, I see." I nodded, understanding what he explained, "So I don't have to be careful in case I step on some dinosaur eggs."

"Not if you can find any," he said to me.

I looked through the shelf of my basement, smiling a bit with glee. I've never been so excited to remember what I was use to have before realizing something.

" I know what day this is. My father locked me and my foreign exchanged friends at the time up in the basement because I teased the neighbor's boy." I explained to him, "His name was...Albert or..."

I pondered a bit hard. Surely I could remember the boy's name. And I know it started with the letter "A", but what was the name?

Finally, my rabbit friend spoke out, "Alfred. Alfred Marcel."

I looked stunned at the last name, speaking out, "Alfred Marcel? Like in Doctor Marcel? Oh no!"

I couldn't believe it. The boy was the son of the man who brought me to the asylum. This was not good.

"You better believe it." he said sincerely, "He's the son of the doctor in charge of the asylum."

"Whoah!" I spoke in shock.

"But this shouldn't be a concern for us. We're here to teach you the art of loosening screws without a tool."

"All right then." I nodded, looking at him.

"Hmmm...," he pondered, "I have to get my bearings first. I'll go first, if you don't mind. We can take turns, okay?"

I nodded, saying, "Okay."

With that, I watched him walk around, blinking as he gathered his bearings. Guess he was trying to figure out as much as he could while we're stuck over here. He glanced over to the rake before turning to me, as if forming an idea.

"Can you reach the window with the rake?" he asked me.

"Hmmm." I pondered, glancing at the rake, "This almost sounds like it could work. I could give it a try if you let me."

With that, I went up toward the long rake, glancing at it before looking at the basement window. Afterward, I used the rake to open the window. Maybe Harvey can find something to help free me or something. At least I hope so.

Finally, I watched the stuff rabbit trying to hop up to the window before looking at me, asking, "Ummm...Edna? Will you help me up there? Just for a second?"

I nodded, going to him as I said, "Yeah, I think I can manage."

Finally, I lifted Harvey to the window before he grabbed the ledge, exiting the building. Be back soon, Harvey, I thought to myself as he went off.

***Harvey's POV***

As I exited the basement, I looked at my surroundings. It was a beautiful sunny day, flowers blossomed, the sun shone with the sky partially cloudy, and all this was good and all. However, I began worrying that Edna wouldn't enjoy this day because she got locked in the basement.

At least in the past anyway...but currently, I needed to find something to help Edna learn how to undo screws...but what?

At that moment, I saw something as I spoke out, "Oh, there's somebody sitting there!"

When I went to the back patio, there where my eyes laid were two people, eating ice cream. There I started to recognize them both, the two sitting on the patio on their chairs.

"The guy on the left is Mattis, Edna's father", I spoke quietly as I started remembering before frowning a bit, "but on the right..."

It was then I realized who the boy was. And he was with Mattis as well!

"Hey! Isn't that Alfred Marcel?" I spoke to myself a bit loudly, "That's the son of Doctor Marcel, the head of the Asylum!"

I sighed, shaking my head, continuing quietly to myself, "Edna had to play with him a lot back then."

I became concerned, pondering, "But why is he sitting here eating ice cream with Mattis when Edna's locked inside? I don't get it."

And it was true: I really couldn't get it. What did Edna do wrong this time that got her locked in the basement? Did she use a spider? Accidentally punched him? What?

I glanced at the older man, thinking, That's Mattis, Edna's father. I can't believe he's eating ice cream with that obnoxious Alfred while at the same time, poor Edna is locked in the basement! This is the height of injustice!

And truthfully, I wanted to go out there and tell them myself how I felt...how Edna felt and...

However, I had to concentrate on the more important mission: unlocking screws without a tool. I wanted to stay and hear the reason why, but Edna needed help and her help is a bit more important.

Noticing the newspaper nearby, I picked it up, looking at the articles. There had to be something useful to help Edna remember and I was going to find it.

I looked at the first one while stating with delight, "This says that you're allowed to rhyme "-easel" with "-brush". Yippee! That oversight was long overdue!"

After all, I may not read much, but at least I know which news is most important to take...however, this wasn't the article I needed.

I glanced at the second article before speaking, trying not to make myself heard from the two, "In Flint, Michigan, a left-handed person was stabbed with a right-handed pair of scissors. Very strange."

No, no, I thought after a moment of thought, that wouldn't be useful at all.

Finally, I looked at one more article, speaking, "It says that the chestnut burglar has escaped again. We'll have to watch our chestnuts closely now."

Just then, I noticed something as I continued, "Just a second...this is interesting. It says he escaped by using a chewed-off toenail. Hmmmm..."

This may be the article that was needed for Edna, I thought to myself.

Quickly, I hurried back to the basement, hoping to tell her the good news. She needed to hear this. And I hope it helps.

Arriving back to the basement where Edna was looking around, I wanted to tell her what I learned, but first, I realized I need to examine the screws first properly.

After all, I had to make sure I remembered as well.

Finally, I went to the basement door, going up the stairs before arriving to the door where the screws were at.

Slowly, I began to ponder, "Hmmm...this is interesting. The screws keep this plate in place. I remember...it's all coming back to me. Edna was able to loosen the screws! All I have to figure out now is, exactly, how she did it."

Finally, the memory of the article hit me before I went up to her, shouting, "Hey Edna! I found some screws! I know now. You have to loosen these screws to get outta here."

"That doesn't really help us much, does it?" she spoke, "Now we've got the same problem as the one in the present."

"Oh, right!" I spoke sheepishly.

Yeah, I kind of forgot about that, I thought to myself.

"I'll have another look around." I told her, "I promise you I'll get us out of here."

Just then, the memory of the article clicked before I spoke with a grin, "Guess what: The chestnut burglar has escaped again."

She looked worried as she said, "Oh no. Not again! Last time he took 3 trees in our street alone."

"Police are saying that he escaped using a chewed-off toenail."

"Really?" she spoke in amazement before pondering, "Hmmm...a gnawed off toenail shouldn't be hard to come by."

With that, she removed her shoe and sock, biting off one of her toenails, which was obviously very clean this time, before she showed it, putting the sock and shoe back on.

"And now?"

Finally, I followed Edna upstairs as she ran to the door. Then, she looked carefully at her perfect toenail.

"I'm really curious to see if this is gonna work..." she said before trying it out.

I watched as she began unscrewing the screws to the door hinges. To my notice, it was a success! Quickly, the hinges with the frame were removed, much to our delight.

"I can't believe it! It really DID work! The latch isn't held by the panel anymore. I can just open the door." she smiled happily.

Now that was the face that I always liked cheering up, I thought. Maybe...just maybe that today will be okay. And that she would get to be happy once more, like back then.

Finally, the door opened up as I saw Edna stepped out. Never had she been so delighted.

She looked around with glee, speaking, "This really IS our old kitchen. I can't wait to go on exploring my past."

I could only smile warmly. She really was happy. If only her mom were here to...

Just then, as I prepared to follow her to the kitchen, everything began flashing white as Edna became worried, both of us starting to depart from this world.

"No, not yet!" I heard her shouting before she finally screamed, "Noooooooo...!"

All of a sudden, everything went white on us.

***Edna's POV***

I began to awaken in my own timeline as I screamed, "Noooooooo...!"

I couldn't believe it. Just when I finally found myself in the past, to the happier times, I found myself awakened back at the asylum. It wasn't fair! Even after I tempomorphed, it just was not fair!

"Dang," I spoke to Harvey, "It was all just about to come back to me."

The rabbit sighed a bit, saying, "I'm sorry. This was all I could remember...at least you learned how to loosen screws."

I realized what he meant, nodding a bit as I spoke, "Right. Thanks, Harvey. Where would I be without you?"

I hugged my rabbit plush as I said that with Harvey smiling warmly. At least with Harvey, I have some company.

Then, I looked back at the vent, where the air conditioner was still on. If I were to go in after I opened the grate, the fan would cut my fingers. And I know I couldn't let that happen to either me or Harvey.

It looked like it was time to trick the guard once again, and I needed the right words to use to turn off the AC...but what?

(End of Chapter 2)