Other Fan Fiction ❯ Edna and Harvey: The Breakout~A POV Story ❯ Edna vs Adrian ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7: (Edna vs Adrian)

***Adrian's POV***

I sat in my throne, quietly mediating and thinking of new strategies and games I can concur with my psychic powers. For you see, for as long as I remember, I had these psychic visions...visions of winning everything. And as such, I was placed into the asylum for further examination.

During my time in the asylum, I had won many games, so much that a medal of solid gold was given to me by the doctor for winning the jigsaw puzzle contest.

Then, I heard a commotion outside. It sounded like a woman's voice speaking, "Hold it! Para-Ornithological Branch of the FBI, special squad. Sergeant Edna."

I glanced out a bit. To my notice, there was a girl, clinging to a stuffed rabbit showing an authority badge which looked like it was from a cereal box to my best guard.

"Drogglejug!" he asked in his usual language.

"Of course I can show you identification." the voice continued.

"Drogglejug!"

"You bet. Can I have access to the king now?"

"Drogglejug!"

"Cool! I mean...thank you."

Finally, the person who's voice I had not recognized entered. There, coming in from the tent, sat down a violet hair patient clenching on to a stuffed rabbit. She must have been new to this.

As I glanced, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I could have sworn that the toy was waving and blinking, with a smile on his face.

I only spoke to the girl, "Well, well, well, my scouts reported that you'd all be coming. A new power, they said, is on the rise in the Eastern realm of the recreation room. To overthrow me and my kingdom."

"What are you talking about?" the girl asked in confusion.

Ignoring her, I continued, "So you managed to overcome my guard. Poor, devoted Drogglejug! I will avenge him with your blood!"

I shook my fist a bit.

"What?" she asked more in confusion.

"But woe is me! My hand is weak, for the weight of a sword is far too much for me to bear."

"Have I been tempomorphed into the wrong game?"

"Before you usurp what my dynasty has achieved through the years...my castle...my throne...and my gold medal from the jigsaw puzzle contest...you'll have to defeat me in a mental duel. Are you prepared for the challenge?"

The girl shrugged, saying, "I am ready."

"So be it! Let the joust begin!" I spoke with pride.

Fanfare was heard from my tape player as I continued, "There's no turning back now! It's all or nothing. Victory or defeat? Glory or shame? Fish or cut bait?"

"You know how to create suspense," she said with amazement.

"I will ask you a question and you shall give me the answer or perish!"

"All right! All right! Just ask the question!" she snapped, looking impatient.

"Well, then, the question is...heads or tails?" I asked her, showing a coin.

"That's all?!" she spoke in confusion. "Heads or tails? THAT'S the duel for the royal throne?"

"Heads or tails." I asked a bit more sternly.

After a few moments, the girl, Edna I believe her name was, spoke, "Heads!"

The coin was flipped as it showed tails, which I had figured would happen.

"Tails." I said to her in a sing song voice, "Well, maybe you'll have better luck next time. Have you had enough?"

She nodded, wanting to try again. However, as minutes passed, the results were the same: Edna was losing against me.

Finally, having enough, Edna asked with a bit of woe, "Why must I always lose?"

"Do not blame yourself. There was a time when I too had to endure the same misfortunes as you. I tell nary a lie: I was a regular misadventurer, but then..." I spoke before continuing, leaning to her, "I went out for a walk one night on the roof of the tower...there was a thunderstorm brewing. I opened my umbrella as a precaution and my feet were immersed in buckets of water, when I noticed that the TV antenna was crooked. Immediately, I took it upon myself to rectify the problem. What I remember next is seeing a dazzling flash of light. What exactly it was, I cannot fathom, but after that incident, I've never been off the mark again."

After a few moments, Edna pondered before getting up, speaking, "Well, I'll be going, then."

"Cheerio." I told her as she departed from the tent.

She seemed a bit strange, but she looked like she may find a way to beat me eventually...possibly not today, though.

***Aluman's POV***

I watched Edna with her rabbit depart from the tent, looking somewhat frustrated at what they had to endure.

She approached me with her rabbit, speaking, "Hey, Alu."

"Hello, Edna," I spoke to her, "What brings you here this time?"

"I have one more question about King Adrian."

"Fire away."

"Can you help us beat him?"

"Who do you think I am? Mr. Miyagi?" I frowned.

I watched the girl get on her knees, pleading with despair, "Oh pleeeeeaase? With sugar and cream and cherry on top?"

I pondered a bit. And she seemed eager to beat him at his own game. Not to mention the look on her face.

"Well, all right then." I said to her seriously, "I have a radical idea how to level the playing field, but you won't like it."

"Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!"

"Electroshock therapy."

I watched her looking horrified, asking, "What!?"

"We'll give you electroshocks so that you can predict things as well."

She pondered with a bit of worry, "I'm not sure..."

"We can meet at the electroshock therapy chair and off we'll go. I'd need a better coat hanger, though. The inspector won't let me ride the laundry lift with this one anymore. What do you think?"

"I'm not really sure if I'd like that."

"Take your time and think about it. When you're ready, just bring me a better coat hangar."

She pondered a bit, figuring the possibility. After a few moments, she finally looked seriously to me.

"I've made a decision then. I want the shock treatment." she said to me.

"Brave child!" I grinned, "Get me a better coat hanger and off we'll go."

I watched her depart, leaving me alone once more. For now, I would wait, and for now, I would meditate to help me balance my electrical charge.

After a while, Edna had returned, showing the hangar I needed. Now we were fully prepared.

"Let's go! I want shock treatment!" she shouted eagerly while I took the hangar.

"Very well then. We'll meet by the shock therapy chair. Can you find the way?" I asked her.

"I hope so."

"So off we go."

After a while, I had arrived to the electric chair room, setting everything up for what Edna would need to defeat Adrian.

Then, I saw the girl with rabbit, speaking, "Ah! Edna...finally. So, are we ready to go?"

I pointed to the chair, which Edna sat on reluctantly, stuffed toy on her lap and hands on the clamps, which trapped her.

I noticed her looking worried, glancing at me as I asked, "I hope you're all right over there."

The girl whimpered with worry.

"This is your last chance to change your mind." I spoke to her.

After a few moments, Edna began speaking, "I-"

"Too late!" I said, pulling the lever.

The helmet came down on her, electrifying her and her rabbit as she screamed. Never had it been this powerful until I had worked on modifying it, not to make her lose her mind, but to help her with her psychic powers.

Finally, I saw the helmet lift up with Edna, looking stunned, having her hair frizzle while she stayed dazed. I only hope I had not fried her mind in the process.

***Edna's POV***

When I came out of the electric chair room, no longer dazed and confused, I shook my hair normal before speaking to Harvey, "Wow, that was really something."

Harvey only nodded silently before we made our way back to the rails.

It was a bit later that we both came and confronted King Adrian once again in the recreation room. This time, I was surely prepared.

"Well, well. You have returned to challenge me yet again, as I foretold." he smirked a bit, "Are you prepared to suffer another defeat?"

"I want to try once more," I said to him.

"So be it. Heads or tails?"

"Heads!" I spoke to him, watching the coin flip, which showed heads.

In surprise, he spoke in shock, "Oh my goodness! It IS indeed heads! Have you by any chance joined the psychics' world as well?"

"Well, we'll never need to find out. If you'll just give me the medal now-"

However, he interrupted, "Hold it. Hold it. Hold it. Not so fast! You have been right one time, I shall give you that! But the rules say, ha-ha-ha-ha, that I'm entitled to a chance to try and win the medal back!"

"WHAT?! But-"

"I choose tails."

"Wait a minute, that's-"

However, he flipped it, showing tails.

"And tails it is. That means I get to keep the medal. You are out of luck."

I began to ponder, somewhat loudly, "Is it possible that all the electric shocks were to no avail?"

"What did you say?" he asked in confusion.

Quickly, I spoke, "Oh nothing."

"Another try?"

Finally, I spoke to him, "Well, I'll be gone then."

With that, he waved, "Cheerio," as I left the tent.

I couldn't believe he would do that. I mean I was so close to getting the medal I needed. There was only one thing to do at this point: Find something in his profile to take down the cheater.

Later on, Harvey and I went inside to where many books filled with patient records were located at. I couldn't believe there was so many in here aside myself and whom I met. However, they were very confusing: what color was the pet and what position you were picked during gym?

Many of them were weird, especially Adrian's. Fortunately, I at least know what to do at this point.

I came up to the form lying on the top of the cabinet, where one can register for therapy. Fortunately, since I learned how to forge signatures, I signed it under Dr. Marcel's name. After all, I doubt he would mind.

Afterwards, Harvey and I arrived to the therapy session, figuring out what each was telling us. Luckily, I found out exactly what I needed to defeat Adrian. Too bad I couldn't keep remembering what it was aside what questions to ask him.

After a while, I arrived back to Adrian's tent, with him noticing me once more. After all, he DOES know that Harvey and I were coming.

"Well, well. You have returned to challenge me yet again, as I foretold." he said to me, "Are you prepared to suffer another defeat?"

However, I began to ask him, "Which place were you picked for a team during physical education class?"

He smirked, speaking, "First, of course. What other place is there for one such as I?"

"Ha!" I grinned, "And what kind of pet did you have as a child?"

"A large snappish dog."

Confused, I began realizing, "Just a second! It doesn't work like that. Errrm...what color was it?"

"What is this supposed to be? Some kind of therapy?" he demanded.

"Well..." I started with concern.

"So tell me, which color was he?" he asked me.

After a minute of pondering, I stated, "Red" because I somewhat forgot what the real color was.

At that moment, Adrian realized with amazement, "Wow! You're right!"

He smiled a bit, continuing, "Suddenly, I feel so...so understood. And everything is so much clearer! Yes! I was hit by the same flash of lightning twice in a row! And feeling utterly helpess, I developed a control psychosis. I should start to relax and take it easy. Not everything has to be subjct to my control."

After a moment, I spoke a bit reluctantly, "Errrm...exactly."

"Hey, thanks. You've helped me a great deal." he smiled to me.

After that, I said, "I want to try once more."

"So be it. Heads or tails?"

"Heads!"

I watched it flipped, showing heads.

"Indeed! Heads! My turn! I choose tails." he spoke.

He finally flipped the coin, which landed before Adrian gasped, noticing with horror.

"What's that?" he began, starting to shake with worry a bit, "That cannot be! It's...it's heads! What does it mean?"

"Well, foremost this seems to mean..." I began before singing smugly, "EDNA IS THE KING! EDNA IS THE KING! KING KING KING KING KING!"

Finally, I snatched the medal as I continued, "Gimme the medal, you mental! Your throne is mine now!"

***Harvey's POV***

I smiled to Edna, looking at her looking at her new medal with pride.

"Wow," she said, "The medal really IS made out of genuine gold!"

We hi-fived a bit before departing the recreation room. After all, I had enough of that cheating psychic using that dumb mind reading for one day.

We hurried back to the place where we last saw the furnace, using the pot, clay mud, and the key that was made to be imprinted earlier when Bladder went to the bathroom. I was so glad to be getting out with Edna once more.

After a while, the key was finally made by the gold medal with clay harderning to make it look like the key we needed. The girl and I were sure to escape at that point.

After she unlocked most of the other rooms, minus where the Key Master lied in, the door leading out of the building at the back door was opened. I couldn't be more proud.

When we finally left, I heard Edna shouting with joy, "I'M FREE AT LAST!!"

"Yippee!!" I grinned happily, "Let's go to the zoo then!"

However, Edna looked seriously, saying, "We can't do that, Harv. I have to find some evidence that exonerates my dad."

"In that case, I hope the information can be found inside those high walls."

"What!?" she spoke in shock.

It was then she and I realized while we looked at the walls...we were STILL trapped inside the asylum.

"Darn it!" she frowned in annoyance.

Something told me that it was gonna get a bit more complicated now that we were out of the building, but not out of the place yet.

***Marcel's POV***

I groaned at what had happened to me earlier. The city council wanted to talk to me about my therapy not being safe in its experimental stages. I had to make up so many excuses just to keep my job.

Finally, I arrived back to the asylum with my driver. Maybe some lunch the cooks had prepared would calm my nerves.

However, as I arrived to the asylum with my driver, I looked at my pocket watch, noticing the time. It was then I noticed something wrong just as the newbie came.

"What's going on here? Why aren't the patients having lunch?" I asked him.

"Doctor! We have a problem," the man in glasses told me, "Hulgor and Babbit are missing."

Then, to my notice, I saw a familiar figure rushing downstairs, looking like he was trying to conquer a fear he didn't like: Babbit.

"I've just solved one of the problems." I told him.

"Doctor!" the frantic man whom was SUPPOSE to guard Edna spoke, "It's a catastrophe! Edna's escaped from her cell!"

I began to ponder a bit. Edna, escaping again? This was going to be a nightmare getting her back in the cell area.

After a few moments of pacing, I glanced at the mini golfer's son, speaking, "Babbit, how often have patients escaped from their cells?"

"You mean on a daily basis? 3 on an average." he told me.

"And how many of them have escaped over the wall?"

"Well...none." he spoke, realizing this.

"None! That's right." I said, turning to him, "The only way in or out is the main gate. And even if she finds a way to open the gate...she'll never get half a mile without a vehicle. She must STILL be somewhere on the premises. Search every floor one after the other! And would you please escort the patients to lunch!?"

Both nodded, darting off to not only search for Edna, but also grab the patients for lunch.

I don't know what she's up to...but I can tell she's planning to get her memories back...by any means neccessary.

(End of Chapter 7)