Other Fan Fiction ❯ Edna and Harvey: The Breakout~A POV Story ❯ The Key Master's Insanity ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9: (The Key Master's Insanity)

***Edna's POV***

I had just recovered from being knocked out for most of the day and found myself out of the road and Hotti with Motti playing cards.

"Where am I? What happened?" I asked a bit before looking around, continuing, "There must have been an accident."

It really DID look so bad when the Key Master was behind the wheel. Harvey would've...

At that moment, I began realizing with worry, looking around before I found my friend on the ground.

The rabbit toy opened his eyes as I spoke with concern, "Harvey? Harvey? Are you all right?"

The rabbit coughed some mud out before speaking, "I'm okay. You don't get hurt easily when your spine is made of terry cloth, but we've seem to have lost a whole lot of things."

I sighed with relief. If he was destroyed, I would lose the only one linked to my past and that would've destroyed me, figuratively and emotionally.

Afterwards, I glanced inside the trunk, speaking to my rabbit as I noticed, "Empty, except for a towrope. I'll take the towrope."

After all, I needed it to go across eventually.

***Motti's POV***

Both Hotti and I were just playing cards since the crash. After all, neither of us had anywhere to go since one of the guards from the asylum was at the bridge, guarding the surrounding area.

Me looking at the cards and Hotti smoking a cigarette, we both noticed Edna arriving to us.

"Oh, hello." Hotti said as we both noticed.

"Have you sorted things out?" I asked her.

"I can't believe we've had an accident." she protested.

"I guess these things just happen if you put a wacko in the driver's seat." I explained.

"Where are the others?" she spoke, looking around to see if any of them were alive.

"Aluman clambered up the slope after he came to. Was mumbling something about an epiphany." My brother explained.

"I'm afraid he might have lost the rest of his marbles now. He didn't have many left to begin with, anyway." I told her.

"I didn't see the Key Master anywhere, did you, Motti?"

"Nope."

"Does the car still work?" she asked hopefully.

However, we both said nothing before she continued, "All right, I take that question back. Don't you wanna go on?"

I looked at her, speaking, "Let's put it this way: It's not exactly at the top of our list."

"The guards from the Asylum have put a roadblock further down the road. If you're smart, you'll stay here with us until they give up the search." Hotti told her.

"It's much more cozy in here anyway."

"What are you up to?" She curiously asked us.

"Motti has invented a card trick," Hotti explained to her.

I nodded, "It's more like a system."

"Yeah, a system. He's hiding the Ace of Hearts using a system that only he knows."

"And Hotti has to figure it out."

"I'm almost there."

"I believe he would have gotten it a while ago, if it weren't for the electric shocks he keeps getting from the car every time he's about to pick the correct card."

"Every darned time! Strange coincidence that."

"Would you like to have a try?"

Finally, she nodded, "Sure. Fire away."

I nodded, saying, "Pick a card."

With that, Edna began picking cards. As she did so, I noticed Hotti's eyes rolling on each one she picked correctly. Finally, afterwards, she yelped from being shocked.

"Ouch!" she yelped, "The auto body gave me an electric shock!"

"That's crazy!" My brother spoke in excitement, "The same thing happened to me when I won the last time!"

"Is there anything else?" I said to her.

Finally, she shook her head, leaving, "I'll be going then."

"Don't let the door hit you on your way out." I told her.

Finally, the two of us continued playing uneventfully for the rest of the night.

***Aluman's POV***

After I had recovered from the accident, I had a vision, an epiphany as those of you would call.

I posed in a trance, standing on a rail and waited to be struck, hopefully by lightning. Waiting for my true calling.

They climbed up the cliff, noticing Aluman standing on the rail and posing.

Then, up came Edna, saying, "Hello, old dog. Did you overcome your little accident?"

However, as I was trying to contact the lightning, I only spoke, "Nikke wukke bikke bakke dikke dakke Pang!"

"What exactly are you doing?" she spoke in confusion.

I only firmly explained, "When we had this accident, and I was thrown through the air, that's when I had a vision."

"Shoes that grow with your feet!"

"Nonsense! I know how I can be turned into a being of pure energy now."

"We all prayed for that."

"I need to be struck by lightning."

However, she looked around with her rabbit, speaking, "It doesn't look like there's going to be a thunderstorm today."

"Don't bother me with trivialities. After I've been converted into a being of pure energy, I can make thunderstorms happen whenever I want."

"Have you seen the Key Master?" she asked, believing that the man whom caused the accident would be of any help to her.

Frowning, I told her, "He's better off not showing his face around me. My Buddhist mindset prohibits me from all animus, but I think Hotti and Motti are pretty upset because of the accident."

"I thought they looked quite content sitting down there in the sedan."

"Surely they're contemplating ripping his tongue out and breaking his spine."

"Motti is playing cards."

"After that, they'll bend up his toenails."

"And Hotti is enjoying a smoke."

"And then they'll rip his skin from his bones with an old rusty nail." I paused before continuing, "I'm glad I'm so mentally balanced."

Edna only shook her head before speaking, "Do you think the shock therapy could be reversed?"

"Interesting thought. You mean...a correct predition could change you electrically?"

"What?! No, not that! What I meant was-"

"Generating electricity through precognition. That's in accordance with my theories. That implies that I would not only be omnipotent as an energy being, I'd also be omniscient. If only that lightning would strike me already."

Finally, Edna looked at the anti-oxidant, pointing, "Can I borrow your anti-oxident?"

"No, I need it to enhance my conductivity! After lightning has struck me, then you can have it."

"Greeeeat. In that case, I'd get it anyway." she spoke in a somewhat sarcastic tone.

She sighed, continuing, "There's a roadblock in the way."

"Is it really the roadblock that's in the way? Couldn't it be your attitude instead?"

"No, it's the roadblock. A literal one." she explained, pointing downward and being oddly careful to not touch anything, "You can even see it from here. Over there, that's it!"

However, she unintentionally touched me, making me receive a shock.

"Ouch!" I yelped, "What was that?"

The girl began realizing, "Lightning! You've been struck by lightning!"

I looked confused, "Really? It didn't feel like anything I expected. It was so...unspectacular."

"Anyway, you're a creature of energy now."

I began feeling the energy flowing, nodding, "Yes...yes! That seems to be the case."

"So why don't you start acting like one?" She spoke before speaking in a chanting tone with me, "Wooga!"

"Wooga?"

"Wooga!"

Finally, I started embracing my new calling, continuing, "WOOOOGAAAA!!"

"Now that you're a being of pure energy, I guess you won't be needing this anymore." she said, showing the bottle to me.

However, I was busy saying, "Wooga!"

Finally, the girl with rabbit left and I continued to embrace my new calling, trying to summon the lightning to me. Hopefully, it can create a new body for me and NOT what others actually think happens to a body when struck by lightning.

***Key Master's POV***

I had just recovered from crashing and to my notice, I found myself free. Free from the prison that the doctor kept me in. However, I felt something like I had wanted to do a long time ago...

I awoke in a bush, noticing Edna heading to the bridge where Bladder was relieving himself at the side of the river. Seems as though he was not budging or stopping at any time.

Afterwards, I saw Edna go into the van, then put the car to neutral to ensure Bladder stopped and chase after it. As soon as I was able to, I made my way down below and quickly jumped to the other side of the bank of the river. I was a good jumper fortunately.

Then, swiftly, I entered the church and looked around the place. Empty...no one was around. Sweet peacefull bliss at last.

Perhaps this would be my new home for the time being. I mean after all, I don't feel safe at the outside world and...

At that moment, I heard the door opening. To my notice, Edna with her rabbit had arrived. It would seem she's trying to find something to help herself as she went into the door, where noises were heard.

And if there were noises, then that would mean...

I frowned at the situation. I couldn't believe there was someone within my new home. This HAD to end with me locked in for safe keeping, whether Edna wanted it or not!

I snatched the keys that unlocked the gate and the church, quickly locking the doors and made my way up to the organ. In frantic anger, I played violently, hoping whoever was with her would hear it.

Afterward, I climbed up to the bell tower, snatching some rope and tying it like a noose. There, I waited for a few moments, waiting for the person to approach.

***Harvey's POV***

I watched Edna make the van roll away from Bladder, both of us giggling happily before we saw him left, darting after it.

Afterwards, I saw Edna tie a rope to the bridge, which acted like a swing to get us safely across. I'm glad she could make a good use of her skills.

When we came to the other side of the river, we came to a gate, which we used the anti-oxident on, which unrusted and unlocked the gate. We were almost there, hopefully.

We stopped near the graves with Edna looking at one, saying, "This is the last resting place for Henry Miller. He won the Monterey Binge Trophy every year."

We looked at another grave marked "Deidre. Figure skating until late spring." Then one saying, "John Henry Suckinson, vacuum cleaner salesman."

And finally, we came to one specific grave, one we know too well.

"Last resting place of...Mattis Konrad?!" she spoke with shock.

She held me as she sniffed, "This is my father's grave, Harvey! So it really IS true! He is...dead after all! What can I do, Harvey? Where shall I go?!"

I became a bit worried about the situation myself. I needed to cheer up Edna a bit, but I have to be a bit firm when I say it.

I patted her, saying, "Calm down, Edna. Let's just stick to our plan. We'll make our way home, then we'll look for compromising evidence against Dr. Marcel. We'll be okay. I'm sure of it."

The girl that held me sniffed, wiping away her tears before nodding, looking hopeful at me.

Finally, we made our way to the church with Edna speaking, "There's something creepy about this church." before she looked at the gate, continuing, "There's a road leading to our old house behind this gate."

However, when she tried to open it, she frowned, noticing it lock. It looked like there was only one place to go to now...

***Edna's POV****

We needed that key to get to the path leading to my home. And we need it fast before Dr. Marcel and the others find me.

We entered the church, looking around to see if there were any signs of life. Then, we heard a noise coming from the door before entering.

To our notice, a priest was watching a rock music video. Well, he wasn't dressed as a priest at the time.

"Hello? You have a visitor!" I waved to him.

"Just a moment, please. I'm watching this." he said to me, watching TV.

"But I need refuge!" I spoke to him, "I need the key to the church gate! I need information about my father! And I need help against the e...er Dr. Marcel!"

At that moment, he noticed me, speaking in amazement, "Wait a second. You're Edna, Mattis Konrad's daughter!"

"What?! You knew my father?" I asked in shock.

"Did I know your father?" he said to me, "The story of your father has become legend! Don't you remember what happened back then?"

"No! In fact, I forgot everything!" I told him sadly before continuing, "Tell me now! I wanna hear the whole story!"

He nodded, "Yes...I think you should know. You probably know that your father was convicted for the murder of a child. He was given the death penalty."

"Yes...I've heard that, but I don't believe it." I sniffed.

"AND he was not the perpatrator, indeed."

"I knew it!" I grinned.

"Actually, the whole thing happened like this..."

Just then, we both heard loud badly made organ music playing outside the room. Oh no, someone's trying to stop me, I thought with worry.

"What's that?!" he asked in confusion, "Is somebody playing the organ?"

"That's not important now! Just tell me what happened!"

However, he began getting up, speaking, "No, I have to check. I'll be back in a moment."

He went to the door, looking at me and continuing, "Now you just wait here, and don't touch anything!"

"All right."

"You have to promise."

"Yeah, yeah. I won't touch anything. I promise."

"Good girl." he told me before opening the door, "See you in a bit. I'll tell you everything when I get back."

Finally, he left the room. It was just me and Harvey once more. We both glanced around a bit with us looking at the book on playing guitar.

Seems like he was practicing, I thought as I looked.

I waited for a bit, hoping he would return. However, curiosity got the best of me as I picked up some headphones nearby, then turned off the TV. He shouldn't be wasting power after all.

Finally, I looked back at the guitar, looking at it and the amplifier before I decided that it should be plugged to the covnent.

Afterward, the two of us left the room, plugging it in, believing the accoustics would be better.

Then, we decided to check the organ, the source of where it was coming from. I guess it wouldn't be too much trouble to...

Just as we approached, however, we heard a scream, then quickly climbed to the top. There, I saw what had happened...

What had HE done?!

***Key Master's POV***

I waited for a bit, then saw the person approaching. A priest, in fact.

I glared in anger. He HAD to die. And Dr. Marcel was correct about me: I was very sick indeed.

Quickly and swiftly, I began choking him up, struggling as he tried to free himself. However, his scream was loud enough to make a noise of warning as I finally broke his neck, blood spilling from him.

I looked seriously, the deed done before I sat on the rail, somewhat relieved that he was no longer around.

At that moment, I heard a familiar gasp, turning as I saw Edna with Harvey arriving, looking fearful at what I had done.

"But...what?" she began, stuttering.

"Ah, Edna..." I spoke while looking at them.

"What happened here? What have you done?!" she asked with worry.

"That's what you get when you free an insane man from an asylum!" I snapped angrily to her, "You should never have done this!"

"But...but you said I should make a key for you!"

"AND WHY DID YOU LISTEN TO ME?! I shouldn't be free, Edna! You should have known this!"

"Everybody has a right to freedom!"

In fury, I pointed to the corpse, "Have a close look at the poor reverend, Edna...that's what the freedom you gave me looks like!! This is your creation!"

"But-"

"I have taken precautions so this will never happen again. I've locked us both up in here. I can't be allowed out in the world ever again."

Edna became worried, not to my notice, as she spoke, "I can't stay here! I've got to get to my father's house!"

"You have no choice!!" I snapped at her, "I'm afraid this is a puzzle that even you won't be able to solve: How do you manage to escape without setting me free at the same time?"

"It's not my fault! Honestly!" Edna spoke with worry.

"We should get out of here as fast as we can. This guy is a real psychopath!" I heard the rabbit say, rolling my eyes.

"I still can't believe what you did!" Edna gulped before I turned to her.

"You better believe it! But do so quietly if at all possible. I need to contemplate." I told her.

With that, Edna had left the area. Sighing in relief, I relaxed a bit.

There was no way Edna would dare try to escape. At least not without killing anyone.

Had I not gone mad OR homicidal, we could have been something...friends, perhaps.

Then, I heard the bell ringing, frowning above, "Don't make any noise up there! I'll come and get you!!"

I turned away, rubbing the temples on my head. Edna was starting to make me crazy.

However, as I was about to relax more, I started hearing organ music, noticing headphones popping up to my area. Then, I heard the music with the loud guitar.

In agony, I heard the feedback, screaming in agony, "WHAHHHHH!! STOOOOP IIIIIT!! THIS IS HORRIBLE!! TURN THAT OFF!!"

I then looked at the headphones, quickly placing them on. I sighed, knowing that I could now no longer hear the awful noise.

But the truth was...it would be the most tragic and most horrifying final mistake I would make my entire life.

***Harvey's POV***

Edna's plan was working. She only had to make enough loud noises AND make sure the Key Master had those headphones up.

After all, I knew there was something I didn't like about him when I met AND when he killed the reverend.

We got up to the bell tower with Edna looking around before noticing far away, she said, "I can see the asylum in the distance. And there's the roadblock. And there...Isn't that Aluman on the observation deck?"

At that moment, we both saw lightning strike down where Aluman was.

"Now I can't see him anymore." she said, wincing before noticing, "Ah, I think Aluman has recovered from the bolt of lightning."

However, another lightning bolt struck down as she said, "Ooooh. I spoke too soon."

Finally, Edna took the polo mallet she still had, banging the bell. Afterwards, we heard the bell ringing and the Key Master screaming with a thud heard.

"What was that scream?" she asked me.

Quickly, the two of us headed down. At the pews, we saw the corpse of the Key Master, neck broken and the key fallen to the ground.

Both of us couldn't believe what we had done. And what I did again...or did I?

I began looking worried a bit, starting to remember something as Edna began with tears in her eyes, "Oh no! I didn't mean to do that...or did I? All this can't be true! Wake me up, Harvey, please!"

However, I began shivering more and more. It was like it was trying to come back to me...and yet it can't. I can't explain it, but...

"Harvey?" she asked, lifting me up, "Harvey, say something!!"

Finally, with a bit of concern and fear, I spoke, "I'm sorry, Edna. I just had the feeling...as if I..."

"What? What's up? Do you remember something?"

"I..."

I looked at her pleading eyes. I wanted to say what I was trying to remember...but...I just couldn't. Not when we were close. And to be honest, I was scared just as much as Edna...it was reminding me of...

Finally, with a heavy sigh, I said, "Oh, nothing. We...We've got more important things to do right now. Take the key and let's get outta here as fast as we can, okay?"

Edna finally nodded, saying and taking the keys, "You took the words right out of my mouth, Harvey."

Finally, we unlocked the church doors, then headed out and unlocked the gate, heading to Edna's. However, I have a very bad feeling about this...

(End of Chapter 9)