Other Fan Fiction ❯ Edna and Harvey: The Breakout~A POV Story ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Epilogue:

(Marcel Ending)

***Marcel's POV***

The girl snatched her rabbit by the neck as he began to become worried. However, she would not look or listen to reason to him any longer.

I saw her raise the pair of scissors, nearing them to Harvey as I grinned. Each piece of terrycloth being broken into pieces was sweet justice to my eyes.

Finally, when she was done, Edna turned to me, finally reaching out to me. This time, I would TRULY make her become the perfect child I would envision.

Time passed since her transformation and my new adopted daughter, Edna or Alfredine as she is now called has become the perfect human, no longer having childish tomfoolery nor being the troublemaker she once was. And honestly, I couldn't be more proud.

She now liked doing chores like dishes and sorting the files. And ever since having a perfect child, I began socializing once more with people that could understand and those that WANT their own children under their character correction program.

However, I gave up that career since I had a new child. And honestly, I was glad because I was not only living in a house boat with my new daughter, but I was also the oldest Olympian to win the gold medal in professional fishing.

Yes, life was becoming better and better for me. My adopted daughter was no longer trouble, we can BOTH now look forward to a correctional future, and I couldn't be more prouder...

(Harvey Ending)

***Harvey's POV***

...and she with Dr. Marcel would be more trouble...that was what my vision was thinking when I thought about what would happen if Edna went along with that plan.

However, I saw what she was actually doing when she dropped me to the ground, leaving me standing: Edna came up to the doctor, taking out the polo mallet as he gasped in fear.

As I cheered wildly with a wickedly devilish cheer, cheering for Edna to hit him, the mallet hit, causing the doc to scream.

"MY EYE!" I heard him shout.

I continued my victorious dance, not hearing the yelping and tumbling sounds. I mean with Edna finally free, how could I pay attention?

Finally, I turned to Edna, preparing to say what we can do now that we were free. Perhaps a zoo, a movie, anything away from Marcy.

However, before I could open my mouth, the girl, looking down at the stairs with fear only said, "Oh no, Harvey...I think I killed Dr. Marcel!"

Just like that, my smile dropped as I heard those words.

"Killed?!" I began worrying.

I looked downstairs as well, noticing what had happened. Dr. Marcel, with legs broken and head with eye bleeding, was actually dying.

I started gasping in fear, realizing what I had done as I started envisioning the same thing to Alfred, except his neck was broken instead.

"No...no..." I said quietly, "It...it's just like with Alfred!"

As Edna snatched me up, we both left the place, the police sirens being heard and not too far behind. We had to escape, to escape leaving this place, to go...go where exactly?

After escaping through the back door, as Edna and I left the place, memories were beginning to come back and let us remember what we DID have: My memories of my creation with a young Edna alongside her loving mother, the first time we met AND befriended Alfred, the games we played and toys we shared...

Finally, we came to the cliffside, waters rushing around and leading to the sea, away from our home, our town, everything...

I looked down with sadness, realizing what I had done. I mean sure, I didn't like Alfred either when he changed, but...I didn't mean to kill him!

I looked at Edna crying, crying because her life was ruined. She didn't know what to do anymore, I guess.

Then, I started crying as well. Having emotions and things a rag doll that's an Imaginary Friend weren't SUPPOSE to have, but I did...

And worst of all, I still couldn't explain the visions of why I saw myself as a human boy at one point...not even by most of my memories coming back.

Finally, Edna looked at me, picking me up and asking, "Harvey? W...what's the matter?"

I wanted to cheer her up, I wanted to say things that were more positive...but I just couldn't...instead, I told her the truth.

"Edna..." I began, "It wasn't your fault that Alfred's dead...It was me."

She looked a bit more stunned as I continued, "I was the one who told you to push him downstairs, but...but I was just as scared as you were. That he would hurt me...that I would die..."

She placed me down and, for once, started standing up, no help from her this time, while I continued, "Edna...I know why you're upset...and I'm sorry...I'm sorry I caused you to kill him."

A tear escaped from my eye as I continued, "I mean look, people are dead, many others got hurt, and who the heck knows what will happen if I kept clinging to you?!"

I finally turned away, saying, "Maybe...maybe you were better off without me...and I understand if you want to cut me to pieces. So go ahead...take out the scissors and do the deed already!"

After a moment, I was turned around and slapped as she said, "Harvey, snap out of it!!"

I grunted, almost falling down before she continued, "Harvey, you're my best friend and you're like a brother I use to have and just because you helped me kill Alfred, that doesn't mean you did it on purpose!!"

We both looked down a bit, starting to realize something.

"Edna?" I calmly asked, "Do you remember when Alfred used to be friends with us?"

She started nodding a bit, saying, "Yeah. He wasn't a big dork like he was 2 years before his murder."

"That's true..." I nodded, rubbing my arm a bit. "I guess he really WAS our friend after all."

"Yep...but Alfred's gone and I don't want to go back...Harvey, I don't wanna lose you and yet..."

We heard the sirens close by, making us worried.

I looked below, looking at the waters leading to sea before I hopped to her arms, hugging my friend...one last time.

"Edna...I won't make you choose." I finally said calmly with a single tear in my eye, "Goodbye..."

With that, I pushed Edna away from me, forcing her to let go as I fell downward into the waters, eyes closed.

I had realized one thing...that Edna would probably be better off without me...

All that was left for me to see and hear was a splash and then...darkness...

***Edna's POV***

What had Harvey done?!

Harvey just jumped from me and into the waters! This was not good. I had to do something, but what?

However, I heard the sirens about to come close before I looked up, noticing a church on the hill. Maybe they could help me stay until I can find Harvey again or something...

Quickly, I darted up to the covnent doors, banging on the door in fear. I hope someone would hear me.

"Sanctuary!" I shouted, "I need sanctuary!"

Finally, the door opened up. To my notice, I saw a blond girl looking at me with confusion. A young shy looking girl in pigtails with a hairbow.

"Um..." she began with concern.

"Please...I...I need a place to stay. Can you help me get inside?"

She nodded a bit, looking at where the sirens were heard. She thought I was framed for something I didn't do, but what she did not know was that I did...

She pulled me in, closing the door as she led me to the sleeping church. I guess she was pretty nice after all.

We arrived to a bedroom where a bunk bed was. No one else but her lived in that room, which seemed pretty sad if you ask me.

The girl sat nearby, looking curious at me before I asked, "Thanks, I guess. Anyway, my name's Edna...what's your name?"

The girl looked down a bit, blushing shyfully before showing a badly made embroidery with her name on it. I looked at it, looking at it carefully as I saw the name: "Lilli".

"Lilli, huh?" I started smiling, starting to feel a bit at home with her.

"Hey, listen," I continued, "Maybe you could use a roommate. I mean I got nowhere else to go, you know. You could tell the mother I'm an orphan placed in the church and all that, if you can. And anyway, if you want...we can catch fireflies tomorrow. I heard that those things are very bright when the sun sets just right."

The girl started looking a bit amazed, then realized something before opening a drawer, filled with unused clothing for me.

"Wow, for me?" I started smiling, "That's so sweet of you, Lilli. Thank you."

We both hugged a bit as I smiled. I think I may have found a place for me in this world after all...

***Marcel's POV***

A week had passed since the accident. My eye was too damaged and had to be surgically removed, forcing me to wear a ridiculous eyepatch. As for my legs, they say I would recover...eventually, but for now, I was to be stuck in a wheelchair.

I damn the girl if I ever find her again.

However, my thoughts turned to the men whom found a familiar figure, all dripping wet with part of his eye area cut and unconscious.

"Doctor, you should see this!" Babbit spoke.

Hulgor nodded, "The girl was nowhere, but we DID find that doll."

Harvey...the Imaginary Friend whom was a stuffed rabbit...the link to Edna's past.

I lifted the unconscious rabbit by the ears, glancing at him. Perhaps he WOULD be of a use, but he would have to be awake in order for me to concoct the plan.

He WOULD be a use on my latest idea...

***Harvey's POV***

I groaned and awoke, starting to feel like everything was a nightmare. I didn't know what happened after I forced Edna away from me, but...

Just then, I saw what happened: I was trapped on an operating table, about to be experimented on!

I looked around with worry, shivering a bit before I heard the doctor's voice saying, "So, you decided to join the living...IF you call being an Imaginary Friend 'living', Harvey."

To my notice, I saw Dr. Marcel, now with eyepatch and wheelchair with blanket covering his legs approaching, strange items on his lap.

"Y...you knew I was alive this entire time?!" I asked with concern.

"Oh please. Of course you Imaginary Friends existed. It's just that none of you live OR existed in my home town...at least until I discovered YOU were living in it."

I gulped, noticing what appeared to be red pupilless eyes, some sort of cord, and a knife that could cut anything nearby as he placed the objects on the table.

This was not happening, I thought as the last object in question was put down.

I looked at my reflection. At least most of me was okay...except for the rip shown where my left eye was, despite me blinking okay. Or was it my right?

"Now tell me, Harvey...how would you like to be the solution to bringing the extinction of childhood?" he spoke, raising the knife dangerously close to my eyes.

"Wha...what are you doing?!" I asked as I struggled, trying futilely to free myself.

"Well Harvey, in order for you to be my new assistant, SOMETHING has to go...your eyes perhaps?"

"But I like my eyes!!"

However, the doctor held me down before continuing, "Well get use to it!"

I started looking more and more fearful, realizing that separating from Edna was a horrifying mistake. I didn't like where this was going.

"NO!!" I shouted in fear, "DOC! STOP! KEEP THE KNIFE AWAY FROM ME!!"

It was too late and as I screamed "NOOOOOOOO!!!" in agony, all that I could see...was darkness...

To Be Continued...in Harvey's New Eyes POV