Other Fan Fiction ❯ Fractured Water ❯ Fractured Water ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Fractured Water
You're feeling hurt. You can barely stand from the hurt. You're sure he's forgotten you. You're sure he doesn't care. You blamed yourself for his not contacting you, and you feel so broken. The betrayal is there, always, like a hand squeezing you slowly, but constantly.
The tears you hold back stay stuck. It's as if you can't breathe sometimes; the tears are a knife in your throat, pushing and jabbing with every breath. Every agonizing breathe you take is a reminder. They remind you of your failure, your pain, your guilt, your betrayal. Every moment is pure agony as you strive to breath around the tears. You try to push past it all, tell yourself it wasn't your fault, but you just can't. It hurts too much, and maybe you can make it so that you betrayed him, and he didn't betray you.
The betrayal hurts the most. You blame yourself for trusting, for opening up. You hurt so much. The indescribable pain that starts with a cold shard of ice in your center and spreads outwards burns you. It's in your veins, your blood, and your skin. It burns hotter than fire, and it freezes colder than ice. It hurts. It hurts so much, and you don't know what to do.
You think it's your fault. If it's your fault, you think you can fix it. You want something, anything, to make him call you, notice you, remember you. You want to apologize for whatever it is you did so he talks to you again. You miss him with everything you have. You want him to call you, tell you everything's alright, hold you, talk to you, notice you, and love you again.
You ask me how I know, how I could possibly understand. You ask how I can stay so hopeful. The answer is simple really.
I felt the same way when waiting for you.