Other Fan Fiction ❯ I Don't Know I've Not Been Told ❯ Mission 2: Retrieval ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Team
MK (Staff Sergeant) - Team Leader
Duncan (Sergeant) - Intelligence
Mark (Lance Corporal) - Heavy Weapons
Dan (Lance Corporal) - Sniper/Scout

Mission 2: Retrieval

The squad, excluding Mark, are huddled around a table in the main tent, Campsite Beta. MK rolls out a map.
 
MK: OK, orders from the General. We're to locate and retrieve a small box from within the main enemy stronghold. As always the General will be watching via satellite.

Duncan: The main enemy stronghold is guarded by all kinds of nasty, armoured cars, heavy machine guns, sniper posts and I believe there may be active landmines around the outer wall.

Dan: Lovely…

MK: We have the details of our mission it's now down to us to plan it's execution.

Dan: What's the problem? We just send Mark the one-man army in to kill them all, get the box and get out. Easy.

MK: Good plan, except Lance Corporal McCall is suffering from food poisoning. Seems he ate too many donuts too quickly.

Dan: Oh, so we need a new plan.

Dan looks at the map, Duncan and MK look at him, they are silent for a few minutes, Dan notices them looking at him

Dan: Hey what are you- Oh, wait a minute, oh no, I think I know where this is going.

Duncan: Yeah this is gonna have to be an infiltration. MK is too important to be captured, I wouldn't get anywhere. Oh and the guards wear a different colour uniform inside the stronghold so our stolen one wont do any good, so deception isn't an option.

Dan:…

MK: Well?

Dan: I'm warning you if I get caught and interrogated I'm going to sing like a love-struck canary, just to get back at you.

MK: Duly noted, but we all know you won't get caught. Just let us know if there's anything you need

Dan: (mutters) a promotion would be nice (regular volume) ok, is it advisable to eliminate any enemies pre-infiltration?

Duncan: No

Dan: Awww this mission sucks

MK: Lance Corporal!

Dan: I mean this mission sucks, ma'am

MK: That's what I thought you said, now move it.

Dan sneaked slowly towards the stronghold. He noticed that Duncan was right, there was a minefield surrounding it. He circled the structure, keeping out of sight and found two possible ways in.
1: The sewer system for the stronghold led out to a river on the North East Wall

2: T
here was a checkpoint along a dirt track leading from the area. Trucks passed every half hour, the driver presented his ID and was let through.

Dan decided he didn't feel like sewer-swimming today and headed up to the checkpoint, he hid himself behind a bush opposite the guardhouse, right on cue a supply truck stopped between him and the guard. He rolled out from the bush and under the truck, clinging onto the bottom. The truck drove off, winding its way through a tight route through the minefield. Eventually it stopped and Dan dropped, keeping an eye on the feet of the nearby guards. He rolled out and ducked behind some crates nearby. He soon saw a guard come towards the crates, pulling out a cigarette. His gun was in it's holster, Dan waited long enough. As the guard got near Dan heard him speak.

Guard: “Smoking Kills” Ha Ha yeah ri-

That was as far as he got as Dan's knife ripped across his larynx. Along with blood some black gunk fell from his throat, Dan quickly kicked sand over the bloodied ground and shoved the guard into the crate. He stole his uniform and changed. Before he left he extinguished the dropped cigarette and looked at the soldier.

Dan: Warnings are there for a reason buddy.
He entered the main building and started walking around. He searched rooms as he passed them, but didn't see anything that resembled the box he was looking for. Eventually he saw a guard walk past carrying a locked metal box. That must be it.

Dan: Excuse me

The guard turned to face him.

Guard: What is it? I am busy.

Dan: The boss sent me to get the box

The guard looked at him suspiciously

Guard: Well if that's the case then tell me the secret message. If you're under the boss' direct orders you should know it.

Dan gulped slightly and guessed completely sure he was going to get killed.

Dan: The lead singer of **band name removed** is a pathetic donkey-sucking retard who should go fuck himself up the ass with a spatula while simultaneously fisting his own mother and being pissed on by his fellow band members

Guard: …

Dan: …

Guard: … close enough, here you go.

Dan saluted him and carried the box out. He put it in the passenger seat of a jeep and drove out of the building, when he was out of sight of the structure he abandoned the jeep and ran off into the trees. A few minutes later he was back in camp.

Duncan: Well done mate

MK walked towards him and took the box from him.
 
MK: Well done, you took your time though, we were beginning to think you were dead.

Dan: Thanks for having faith in me boss.

MK: Anyway congratulations Sergeant, the General was so impressed with your efforts that you've been promoted two ranks.

Dan: Awesome, oh by the way how's Mark

MK: He'll be ok in a couple of days, though I've decided to ration his donut supply for the rest of the month.

Mark: (from inside medical tent): Ha Ha jokes on you I hid them!

MK: I bet they are hidden in your bedroll

Mark:…shit
 
Dan: Well I could use one right now.

MK: Sorry they are his, you're still on traditional rations.

Dan: …I fucking hate you guys