Other Fan Fiction ❯ Lab Hax: Cotton ❯ Welcome, Painwheel. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was a good thing Painwheel ate before she left or she wouldn't have made it home just at day break. She thought it would be kind of early to do this, but it was never too early for a kidnapped child to return home - in reality. She landed right in front of the door, and ring the doorbell with an anticipating smile. A woman answered to door and her eyes widen as she froze at the sight. "Dorothy, who is it?," a man asked coming up behind her. He couldn't help be stop I his tracks when he was the girl, as well. "Mom, dad! I'm finally home!" Coral hugged her mother, but she screamed out in fear, and the man pushed them apart. "This.. This is sick. You're not Coral. Poor little Coral is dead!" he yelled out. Coral looked at them horrified. "No, I'm not! I'm right here!," the poor girl yelled back, but her yelling tone scared them more. "Get out of here, you monster!" he yelled and slammed the door in her face. She didn't expect this to be easy, but dead... What the fuck? She walked around the house to the window to the living room. She could see her parents crying, and her mother holding a picture fame to her chest. She just stared in disbelief. Her own mother was crying over her picture and crying her name, as if she was gone. Coral slowly backed away from the window, and took flight without thinking. She didn't know where she was going or what she was going to do, but she needed to get away from that house. She landed on a random street, and folded her blade wheel as she started walking. She walked over to a newspaper holder, and was shocked at what the headline said. She busted into tears as it sunk in she really was dead to her home town. "Coral Len Houston found dead, after months missing". There was a short bio of her, pictures of her parents, and her funeral. There's a coffin, which means there's a body in it. The funeral was surely beautiful, if only it were for whoever's body that really is with Coral's full name on the headstone over it. All be begotten girl could do was cry. She looked over to notice people already starting to come outside, and they were staring at her, but they had no intention of going near to see what was wrong. She got to her feet, still in tears, and started running away. She grabbed her wheel and flew off into no where. All she could do was aimlessly wonder. She wondered on for days not knowing where she was going, what she was doing, or caring. She didn't know how long with was before she reached a large hexagon shaped building, and how tried she was had came crashing down on her. She landed on the cold roof of the building, and silently collapsed.

She awoke in a frighteningly familiar setting: strapped down to a pivoting panel, surrounded by glowing red things, and shadows of people. IVs were in her arms and legs, but instead of pain she felt numb. She opened her month to speak, and nothing came of the effort, but drool. "She's awake, Doctor!" a young woman said with excitement. A brown skinned man with green and purple neon marks on his face walked into her view and wiped her drool with a tissue. "Good afternoon, Painwheel!" he greeted her nicely. As her vision faded in and out she was able to tell he had on black coveralls with green markings, and the female was wearing all black, but her clothes were different. The man took his green tented goggles off his face to reveal his bright green eyes, with Painwheel put her attention to pull herself into sorts. "You haven't eaten in a while. I wonder why that is," he commented in his smooth tone. "We'll have time to talk later," he added confidently, and the female giggled. "Don't worry, girlie! You've been adopted!" she says happily. Painwheel looks over to her with the best confused expression she could muster. After she blinked could could see the dawn light with much more clarity than before. She had on an oxygen mask, and was still tied down. She was surprised she was able to see the sun light coming into such a place. They had optional shutters with was a warm welcome feature to the lost girl. A few minutes later the door to the large low lit room soundly opened, and Pain glared at who or what ever was about to come in. "Good morning, Painwheel," a tried female voice said walking in. She didn't like the woman from yesterday, and she surely wasn't. This woman was tall, robust, and brown skinned like the male. She had on coveralls, but the top tied at her hips. She also had on white sneakers,a dark purple dressy top, and a gray lab coat. Her thick rimmed safety goggles were on her neck, to not obscure for dark green eyes, and her dark blue dread locks were pulled into a high pony tail on her head. Painwheel blushed at how confident and attractive the woman was. "How are you feeling? Can you speak now?" she asked pulled a chart from behind her back. "Umm... I..." she weakly started. She started to poke Coral with her pin to get some reactions, but nothing happened. "You're numb... That should pass soon," she said writing on the pack. Coral didn't feel numb in her face, but she didn't know she had don't such damage to the rest of herself. "What happened to Lab 0 was unfortunate. My condoles," she said looking up. When she was Coral sneering she shrugged. "Or not." The woman put on a smile. "I'm Dr. Powers, and welcome to Lab Hax. No need to strain yourself. I already know who you are, and everything about you from what we could pull from Lab 0." Coral couldn't had her surprised expression. "You don't have to worry about us hurting you. We're not an anti-SG lab. At least, not until the new SG shows up." To this, the bond teen only eased slightly.

The doctor took a few steps over to a large wall set computer, and took it out of resting mode. She pulled up Pain's files and dynamics right in front of her, then turned around. "We're going to see if we can remove that wheel. If that's ok with you," she said walking behind her to the wheel. With the way they connected it, I honestly doubt it's possible. It's directly entered into your spine," she said poking around it. "It wasn't meant to ever be removed. They made clear. After you got the Skull Heart for them, they were going to kill you, anyway," she continued. Coral smirked knowing how got the last laugh out of that deal. The wheel did get in the way of things, but on her time a lone she learned her best ways to get it out of the way. There was still so much could could do, or wear with it on, though. "Oh, how does it feel to be dead, by the way?" the doc asked when she came back around. Coral frown deeply. "My...parents..." she muttered. "Lab 0 spent out a mutilated corpse that looked enough like you to make it believable. That bitchy Valentine and her marry band of slut-warrior-pals out-did made alil' show of themselves. They broke into your folks house, messed the place up, and left the body where they wouldn't have to put effort into looking for it." Coral's inhuman tears started rolling down her face, but she had a better understanding of how her parents felt now. She couldn't have been more grateful Dr. Elise removed her hair piece and nails so her hair could freely cover her face as she sobbed. The doctor did more on the computer, and after a good enough time of silence "You can stay here," came out. Still crying, Pain looked over to her and they made eye contact. "What choose do I have?" she replied defeated. "You can go back out there." "I can't. I already know... I can't."

After that Coral didn't care to talk anymore. Other doctors came in and asked questions, while running tests. She just kept her answers short, and let them go on about their business. Painwheel was drugged at same point, as this was the only way they trusted her to be moved around. They found everything Lab 0 did to her was still in place. She was dangerously low on nutrients, and had damaged muscles and organs. They couldn't explain how she made it the the lab with her body in such condition, but Lab 0 was known for making high quality monsters. They didn't even know that she went home first, and wondered after for days before she made it to the lab. She was going to be a lot of work, and need a lot of rest. Time had it's way of bleeding and blending when someone was as drugged as Painwheel. At some point there were people standing over her that weren't doctors, but they just came to look at her. "Eww... So, this is what Lab 0 was best known for. They couldn't make her pretty?" an uptight teen female voice sneered over her. "She's one of their successes. It's clear they don't care about looks. A deep, but young male voice said. "I hope she can hear you 2 so she can kick your asses later. If you're going to insult our new sister before she can even introduce herself, just leave. I'll talk to her," a lighter male voice scolded them. "This poor girl. I hope you stay, so you can be our sister!" he said happily. "She's not even responding. Is she awake?" the female asked. "They likely drugged her up so good she doesn't know her eyes are open," the deep voice said, then laughed. A different voice from the 3 abruptly came in. "Hey, out!" it ordered. Silence, again.