Other Fan Fiction ❯ Lab Hax: Cotton ❯ Now, and maybe one day... ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Coral's POV

It's been a few months now... As Filia's hair retook length she seemed to come back to herself as her hair got longer. They couldn't complete remove what Samson was, however. Her hair has taken on it's own priorities, and she can use it more as another appendage, then something with it's own mind and set of controls. She's still working out all of it's new functions, right now. As for Samson, it's living in a vat until they can figure out what to do with him. I say keep him in there, because he's extremely rude! I'm still in the gardens, mostly. I finally got the outdoor garden into fertile status, but now it's cooled down outside. It will be ready for Spring, though! I watch TV with Filia when she's not training with her hair, at school, or doing homework. I go to a form of school within in the lab, now. I don't like being too far away from the lab for too long. I still go on missions, but I never go more than an hour's drive away. Filia and I love spending time together, as far as I can tell. I just love having her around. I don't know what I'd do without her. Maybe one day, I'll be able to tell her.

3rd POV

Coral looked at the clock in the indoor garden floor. She took off her gardening apron, and headed out. She walked up to the Lab's entrance way and waved at Filia as she returned from school. "How was school, today?" she asked as a warm feeling grew in her chest.

Filia's POV

I'd like to think I'm back to my old self now, but I'm not too clear on who I was. It's been ... a lot weeks... since what happened in Little Innsmouth. I don't remember what happened, though. The last thing I can recall is a massive headache, and Samson yelling. Now he's in a big glowing jar, and sleeps most of the time. When he's not asleep he's his usual rude self! I'm thankful I don't have to walk around with that anymore, but I can't help but feel bad for him, at the same time to. I visit him most days, but sometimes I'm not in the mood... He can make me laugh when he's in a better mood, but it's still depressing to see him in the jar. I hope they can do something for him. I'm sure what happened wasn't his fault. I'm so happy Coral was my knight is shining armor... With a big shiny bladed wheel to save me! I have no memory of my first days here in Lab Hax, come to think of it. I have no where else to go, and I'll gladly stay here with Coral. Aside from new hair abilities everything's going smoothly. My hair doesn't talk or anything now, and it does what I want it to! It's nice to have that back. It's also a lighter blond than my original color, and my eyes are blue now. I wanted Coral to come back to school with me, and I'm disappointed she didn't. There was a chance we'd have more time together if we got the same classes. She has should a nice voice, and she's a good listener. She's good at talking about things that make me happy. I just love having her around! I don't know where I'd be without her! Maybe one day, I'll be able to tell her.

3rd POV

As Filia walked up to Lab 14 she could see Coral standing in the entrance way awaiting her, like she usually did when she wasn't out on mission. She didn't ignore the warm filling in her chest as smiled and ran to Coral. "How was school, today?" Coral asked. "Warm."

FIN