Other Fan Fiction ❯ Mafioso? I don’t think so! ❯ Employed and houseless ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 

They arrived at the smoke shop, and walked in to see Ichimatsu with a customer. The brothers nodded to each other and Jyushi flipped the sign to closed and waited for him to finish up his sales. When the costumer left they walked up to him at the counter, and Jack agreed to let Jyushi do all the talking. “Yo, bro! How’s business?” “Going… who’s this? I know you didn’t bring one of your girlfriends here,” he said looking her over. She snickered and covered she face. So Jyushi’s hoe these days, huh? Didn’t see that over the bin. She fought the urge to tease him about it now, but he was surely going to hear about it later. Her laughter ended when Ichi said “She looks like Karamatsu’s type.”

 

 

 

“Yeah, that’s why you’re here. This is Miyuki.” “Ohh!” “Yeah, can she work here to pay off here debt?” “Sure.” “WHAT?!” They said in unison, surprised at how easy that was. “Yeah, it would totally piss him off to let you work here to pay off the debt. I’m into pissing him off, so welcome abroad.” “Yes! Thank you!” she exclaimed and Jyushi and Jack high 5’d. “However,” he started and they looked at him. “I’d don’t need that much help. You should also check in at the bar, and the brothel. I think Todo needs a housekeeper or janitor or something, and Oso needs a delivery person,” he suggested. “Oh, ok! Cool! Thank you so much!” she said happily. “You wanna go now?” Jyushi asked and she nodded. “I’ll be back tomorrow to talk about my schedule! Thanks again!” she said before leaving. They didn’t see Choro and Kara sitting across the street, both dressed to not be recognized. “Too kind for his own good...” Kara said as Choro silently looked from them getting into the car to the back of Kara’s head.

 

 

 

They arrived at the brothel and Jyushi took Jack’s hand and lead her upstairs pasted the employees only area. “Todomatsu!” he said cheerfully, and Todo looked up from his paperwork. “Jyushimatsu? Surprised to see you here… after what happened last time…” “That was an accident! Anyway, we heard you were hiring for a cleaning person!” he said quickly and moved behind Jack to present her. “Oh, umm… Hi!” Now, she was doing the talking. “Oh, hello...” “Jack,” she said. “Miyuki,” Jyushi added. “OH...” Todo said more knowingly. “But, I’m sure you’d be cuter on the floor, dear,” he said in a more interested tone. “I’m will be on the floor! VACUUMING!” Jack replied brightly. “Well, it was worth a shoot. But, I’m only hiring people with experience and references.” “Got that. Do you want my resume?” “Please.” She pulled it up on her phone, and he gave her the email address to send it. He looked at it on his phone and smiled. “Alright, welcome abroad!” “Thank you so much!” she said with anime tears flowing down her face. “Sure. Email me tomorrow and we’ll talk about when you can do your paperwork and get started.”

 

 

 

Jyushi took her hand to leave, and they got into the car without waiting. “Ok, what about the bar?” she asked. “If you want, but Osomatsu is a shitty boss. That’s why we don’t work for him. And, you already have 3 of us on your side.” “Ok, I’ll take your word for it. Speaking of sides, what’s up with you with this girlfriend thing, huh?” she asked slyly. “Oh! I co-own a rental girlfriend business!” he said putting his hands up. “Oh, I thought that meant something else,” Jack said in a disappointed tone. “I was ready to mess with you about it.” “I can tell!” he said starting the car. “Alright. I gotta do family stuff. You want me to drop you off anywhere?” “The grocery tore closest to my house, please,” she asked pulling it up on her phone. “Thanks for all your help Jyushi. I can pay the debt without having to sell my butt!” “Ha! You’re welcome!” They both laughed as he drove off.

 

 

 

Over the following days, Jack had been in contact with Ichi and Todo. Neither of them had a lot of hours, but they were willing to pay a lot, so she accepted. She was only once to twice month with Ichi for inventory and ordering – paid under the table. Todo needed 2 to 3 times a week for someone to clean the brothel in the mornings before they open. She cut a shift at the pizza place and put in her notice with the slummy landlord. She wasn’t going to be able to afford rent and other things, and the place was shitty so it wasn’t worth not being able to eat to pay rent for a slum.

 

 

 

She already had camping stuff, so why not? Most of her co-workers were in situations able to take her in, if needed. She sold what she could, and gave away what wouldn’t sell out of her apartment. She put the few things she considered valuable with Sam. The brothel had full bathroom with nice bath tubes for employees only, and she was an employee. The pizzeria had a full shower so cyclist employees could freshen up, so she was covered on that, too. She was happy to hang friends as anti-Japanese culture as she was! Things had changed since she was homeless with her family, but she knew how to make a way. The local government had started relegated the homeless sleeping outside to certain areas, but they could only keep track of it at night.

 

 

 

Without rent, she could afford the tattoos a lot faster, so she went ahead and made appointments at a shop the was known for being feminist and queer-friendly, and good friends with the like-minded pizzeria. She also set it up to re-cover at a friend’s house inside of sleeping outside with would make an infection more likely. She was also happy to have money for the parkour gym and a few other things she had to cut or lessen. She even got a hair cut – shaved one side off.

 

 

 

Shortly after moving out of the apartment the building caught fire, and there wasn’t much left of it by the time the fire was put out. She was thankful that not to be there, and it was most likely due to something the landlord didn’t tend to that it was his responsibility to fix. A lot of people got hurt and a few died. In addition, the landlord was now under investigation for being negligent. The fire was all over national news, and her friends and co-workers blew up her phone about how they were glad she had already moved out. She also heard from some unlikely characters. Todo, Ichi, Jyushi, and Kara all texted her to see if she’s ok, and Todo wanted her to come in for a meeting. She hadn’t told them that she didn’t live there anymore, but now it couldn’t be a secret.

 

 

 

She agreed to a meeting, and when Todo sent to address it wasn’t at the brothel. It was at a bar, must be Osomatsu’s. She biked over, and Todomatsu was waiting her outside and he waved when he saw her. “Hey, boss!” Jack greeted. “Hey… What’s this about?” he asked pointing to the backpack. “Umm… I’ll tell you when we get inside. Where can I park?” she replied, and her told her she could bring her bike and stuff inside.

 

 

 

She didn’t know what the meeting was about, but she figured it was about the fire. Since all the sextuplets in contact with her reached out, she was expecting to see all 4 of them – unfortunately, that also mean Kara, but Jyushi would also be there, and that would hopefully make it more bearable. She already told Todo that she would arrive early so she could get dressed up. She went into the restroom and changed into a nice black shirt with see-thur sleeves and a knee length shirt and dress shoes with skulls printed on them. She combed and the brushed her hair and put on bull skull earrings. No makeup. She sprayed herself with rosewater to freshen up, and was ready for the meeting.

 

 

 

Upon entering the room on time, she pushed through the heavy left door and was immediately greeted by a very enthusiastic person in a very nice vast suit that was black with pink and gold accents. “Hello! Come in! You must be Jack! Please have a seat! I’m Osomatsu! Nice to meet you!” the person said guided her into the luxurious room. She was guided to a lovely wood chair with red cushions on the back and seat, in front on a large hard wood desk, that had a few papers on it. The room was black, light brown wood, and crimson themed, and it looked like someone older is years would have something set up like this.

 

 

 

Karamatsu came up from behind her, having been behind the that she used. He had on a similar suit but it was purple with blue accents. His black tie stood out because he put a skull and crossbones clip on it. He sat on the edge of the desk and smirked at her. The other 2 brothers looked at Choro as he entered, in a full dark blue suit that had more of a regal look to it, and went to the right side in the space between Kara and Oso, but behind the desk. Todo and Ichi enter the room at the same time, both looking as they do at work. Ichi from the opposite side behind behind the desk, and Todo from the doors where she came in. “How you are, dear?” he said handling her a cold bottle of apple juice. “Oh, thanks, boss!” she said happily and opens it. “Why are y’all standing, like there’s no couch? Relax, you look like a damn jury,” he said pulls the couch closer to them and sits close to them. Ichi grabs a chair and takes a seat, but Kara and Choro stay where they are. “No point in getting comfortable. I don’t have much time,” Choro said, then look at his watch. “Then let’s get started, shall we?” Kara asked his brothers.

 

 

 

“Where’s Jyushimatsu?” Jack asked without hesitation. “He couldn’t make it,” Kara answered with a long smirk. “I’m sure. Well, apple juice is my last drink.” she thought, as she looked at the wood floor. “Don’t worry! We’re all adults here! Friends, even! Todo and Choro also remember you!” Oso said cheerfully. Todomatsu smiled cheerfully, but she didn’t really know him like she knew Jyushi. Choro seemed like he was trying to be neutral, but it came out as kind of a glare.

“Well, we heard your apartment building burned down. We were wondering how you’re doing?” Todo started to break the silence. “Yep. Tragic,” came out loud, and after in though was “But, not nearly as tragic as whatever you’re going to do to me.” “Are you ok? Where are you staying?” Ichi asked. “Yes, I moved out before it happened. I’m houseless. I couldn’t afford to pay the debt and rent and all my other expenses, so I dropped the rent.” They were all taken aback by her resolve, but Todo put his hand to his chin. “That explains the backpack and why you changed here.”

 

 

 

Jack continued to stare at the floor tying to come up with a possible escape place, but they had the place down packed for that. Bulletproof glass windows, heavy doors, 5 of them – likely armed. She looked up at them as life slowly scrolled in memories. Her times at school with all her friend. Her favorite songs. Friends and co-workers. The people that took her in after she left the family. The friends that were made at the parkour and climbing gym. Her life was hard, but it was still good and she learned a lot and had a lot of fun.

 

 

 

“Just because life has hard time doesn’t mean it’s not worth living, right?” a high school friend said.

 

 

 

She recounted the events of the people that took her in, Mr. Sun and Mr. Moon.

 

 

 

She smiled gently and rubbed her fingers. “Homeless? Isn’t that awful for you?” Oso asked and she answered “No, I had a slumlord, anyway.” “Yes, he’s being investigated, right now,” Choro added. “Pitty you moved out. Had you lived you would have been able to sue for damages,” he said, thinking he was being witty, but it’s likely she would have died, if she had been at home. “Choromatsu, don’t wish harm on her or her things,” Todo scolded. “No such thing, Todomatsu. Any way, are you ok with being homeless?” he asked with the judgemental-ness clear in his voice.

 

 

 

They got her into parkour and homemade movie making. Mr. Sun made her use a trash can lid as an improve shield once. He tough her how to tumble with a shield.

 

 

 

“Yes, actually. Being homeless as a kid kind of set me up for being houseless as an adult,” she answered.

 

 

 

She worked in a stage theater and movie theater because of them. It was own by Miss Star. That’s where a lot of those parkour skills were applied. Jumping through the rafters made it easier to get around.

 

 

 

“You have quite the numbers of talents. It would be a shame for all that to go to waste. What-with the risks of being homeless,” Choro commented as he looked at his leather gloves. “Yeah, I really like your tik tok!” Todo added. “Thanks. I put effort in to those. I love me some memes,” she said smiling.

 

 

 

All 3 of them are dead now. But, that’s ok, because they made their lives worth living.

 

 

 

“You keep saying houseless. Are you saying you don’t consider yourself homeless,” Choro asked. “This planet is my home,” she replied. “Let’s no dig into that, because it’s irrelevant,” Karamatsu stepped in.

 

 

 

Jack had a dream recently, that she was with them. They world was steampunk themed, and it was awesome. “If you’re going to go out, out out with a bang!” Mr. Moon said in the dream… but he said it in real life, first.

 

 

 

“You still belong to me until you pay off your debt. You can’t just walk into a store and stay something is yours before you pay for and walk out. Same logic applies here,” he continued. “And, really, it doesn’t look good for any of us if you work for us and you sleep out in the parks. It looks like we don’t take care of our people. I’ve let you do plenty of what you want already, but now it’s time for you to come home with me, Jack.” Jack silently looked down the the floor and paused.

“I know the floor’s really nice. I just got it refinish! It’s so shiny we can all see how vacant your eyes are in it!” Oso commented with a big smile. “If life is so important why do people sacrifice their lives for freedom?” Jack said that out loud, but in her head she heard it in Miss Star’s voice, because she was the first person to say that to her. They all looked at her, and the energy in the room became heavy.

 

 

 

A loud clap come from the brother on the couch. “Ok! It’s de-escolation time!” Todo said getting up and walking in front of her. “I feel like you haven’t really been in the room with us, while we’ve only been asking you how you’re doing.” She looked at him with blank eyes and remained quiet. “Yeah, Choromatsu’s a bitch. We shouldn’t have done this here. And, Jyushimatsu should have also been here. All MY ideas of how this should have gone, by the way!” he said looking at the others. “And, Kara told us what happened,” Choro speak up. “I know that’s not the best to introduce one’s self, but the situation called for it.” “And, I’ve lived with him for years, and Karamatsu annoying, but it’s better than being home-- houseless,” Oso commented. “He has a hot tube,” he added with a big grin.

 

 

 

“Why haven’t you killed me, yet?” she asked spitefull, and Todo put his hands on his hips. “People weren’t really nice to us growing up. We definitely deserve some of it, for all our pranks, but some people treated us like freaks just for existing,” Ichi answered unprompted. “I know most of your time was with Jyushi, but I remember when you met all of us.”

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

The brothers were all standing under a tree plotting a prank on Chibita, and trying to figure out how to get Totoko to like them for it. One of the most disjointed conversations ever! Suddenly, Jack’s head peeked over the short fence and she ran around as soon as she saw them. “Hey, Matsunos!” she said happily. They looked at her confused, because no one was ever happy to see them unless they were trying to scam them but Jyushi smiled and walked up to her. “Hey, I don’t think you ever introduced us, Jyushimatsu...” Karamatsu said annoyed.

 

 

 

He turned around and glared “Why should I?” he replied and stuck his tongue out.”That’s fine! I can introduce myself! My name’s Miyuki! What’s yours?” she asked and put her hand out. They all looked at her hand and her. “You’re not from here, are you?” they asked. “Kind of, but in other places they just shake hands! I like that more!” They looked at each other than her and shook her hand and introduced themselves. Jyushimatsu looked bored until they were done. “It was nice to meet all of you. Ready Jyushi?” “Hmm? Yeah, I’m ready!” he said before they walked away from the others.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Karamatsu remembered looking at his hand oddly as she and his brother walked away from them. “Their are so many close minded people in this world, but I’m sure you know that, being brown,” Oso commented and asked “Why have less of people like you?” “Karamatsu deserves what he gets, as far as your interactions have gone. But you didn’t try to run from us, or fight us, or go to the police...” came from Choro passively. “People who are kind and creative are rare!” Todo insisted. “I can tell by your cooking that you’re a very soulful person,” Kara said clamly.

 

 

 

“The future is undetermined...” a tarot card reading friend said. That was when Jack got her first deck.

 

 

 

“Kara talks a big game, but going with him isn’t the end of your free will. I can tell you’re ready to kill yourself any time you want, and there’s nothing he can do about that. But, I can also tell you would rather not end things here, because you haven’t already done it,” Ichimatsu said with a light smile.

 

“There are a lot of people that care about me. Just because my biological family doesn’t care, doesn’t mean no one cares. And, I care about myself.”

 

 

 

Jack cleared her thoughs and sat up straight. “Alright, if it means that much to you, than you win. I accept defeat, and I’ll go live with Karamatsu.” Before Kara could comment on how he didn’t like the idea of being with him as defeat Choro blurted out “Ah! A match made in Hot Topic!” “I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!” she suddenly picked up the heavy chair she was sitting on and all 6 of them screaming and loud crashing could be heard from outside the rooms windows.

 

 

 

“FUCK THIS FUCK HIM AND FUCK YOU! I HATE YOU, CHOROMATSU!” she screamed before leaving. She left all 5 of those bruised and dizzy, all furniture YEETED, and papers scattered everywhere in her outraged wake. After a few minutes, Todo was the first to get up. “I know we really fuck with how annoying Karamatsu is, but – show of hands – has he ever gotten us an ass whooping?” Silence. “Hmm! It’s almost like Karamatsu, for as annoying as he is, NEVER ACTUALLY DID ANYTHING WRONG!” Todo yelled at them. “Can we save the “I told you so” for later? I can’t feel my legs,” Oso said in the corner slumped over like a corpse. “Choromatsu, I’m gonna kick your ass as soon as I can see straight,” came from Karamatsu said from under the flipped couch across the room. “Yeah, I know,” he replied with his body hanging from the ceiling, his head on the other side of the drywall.

 

 

 

As Jack was setting up her hammock for bed and gear for bed, the recounted the things she remembered while sitting with 5 of the Matsunos’ thinking it was going to be the end. Her heart and hands felt warm from the energy that her loved ones brought. And, beating all of them up relieved a lot of stress. She slept very peacefully that night. Jack felt warm, loved and mentally detoxed.

 

 

 

She slept in and was thankful for the day off to be able to lay around in the hammock and enjoy herself. Jack was so upset that she biked far enough out of the city to not be disturbed, so she just stayed out there and enjoyed the peace and quiet. She turned on her phone later that day to see that Todo texted her, saying that she doesn’t have to come in until next week, because she’s so stressed. Also, Kara asked where she was, but Jack only answered Todo. She had a lazy day and another restful sleep. But, all things must end.

 

 

 

She packed up and went back into the city, for her pizzeria shift. Everyone was relieved to see Jack back to normal, and the shift was a party for the ages! After work, she walked her bike, and sort of aimlessly wandered to what use to be where she lived. The fire took most of it, and it wasn’t a closed off site, yet. Jack signed and sat there for a while, and thought about setting up a tent there. No one knew how much time had passed before a black van rolled up behind her. Kara turned the van off, but didn’t say anything as he got out of the it and looked at Jack looking at where the building use to be. “Jack?” Silence. “You don’t want to sleep somewhere with a… Kitchen… bathroom… roof?”

 

 

 

She finally turned to him and stood up. She grabbed the bike and pack and went to the back of the van. He opened it for her and let down the seats, and the bike fit in perfectly. She got in the front passenger seat, and they quiet rode to his house.