Other Fan Fiction ❯ Mixed Signals ❯ Mixed Signals ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He gave us a head start and even said to bring my laptop if we were to get anywhere and try to get help. We ran as fast as we could and were almost out of the neighborhood when he shouted at us. I told her to keep running, but he had her brother.
 
“NOOO!!!!” I screamed. She ran after him, I tried holding her back, but wasn't strong enough. I wasn't going to stick around to see what happened.
 
I ran across the street almost getting hit by a car, and was down the main drag in our city. I was still a far way away from any form of sanctuary, and they were all closed anyway, when he grabbed me.
 
“Please, don't,” I said through tears. I didn't want to die yet and I knew he had the full intentions of killing me. I don't know why, I just had that gut feeling.
 
Instead, he grabbed my laptop, and gently set it on the ground, I tried running again, but he ended up in front of me somehow.
 
“Please,” I begged again, but he just shook his head.
 
“How could you leave your friend like that?” he asked.
 
I shrugged, I had no answer for that, so I stated my thoughts. “I know it was wrong, but I also knew that you were after me, not her.”
 
He tilted his head, “Well, you were right.”
 
I looked up and asked, “Why?”
 
Instead of replying, he grabbed me and pulled me into a kiss. I don't know why I didn't pull away. I was fearful, yet it felt right.
 
He was holding onto one arm, and his other hand was holding onto my cheek.
 
It was the most passionate thing I had ever felt. It was as if he was radiating his feelings onto me. I slowly lifted my hand up to his cheek. I had no idea what this meant, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to know. I was too lost in the moment.