Other Fan Fiction ❯ Synthesizing a Play ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
According to Flay, the ingredients for a successful play are Shakespeare, Vampires and Final Fantasy.

Synthesizing a Play

They should have done something else, anything else, instead of putting on a play for that special project, and when Flay unexpectedly agreed to it, they found out why they should have avoided it.

Of course the Duke of Destruction wanted to arrange everything, which ended up with Vayne laying on the floor of the makeshift practice stage on the workshop for the entire duration of the rehearsal, wearing a hamster costume. According to Flay, it was a reference to a classical play by Shakespeare which, combined with vampires and Final Fantasy, would guarantee the play's success.

"Hamster! Oh, Hamster!" Jess cried.

"Roar!" Roxis felt absolutely ridiculous with the oversized plastic vampire fangs sticking out of his mouth. When he previously expressed his difficulty in speaking with them, Flay resolved to change all his lines to growls and roars. The only reason Roxis was playing along was because Vayne was easily pushed into it, and the Mana of Light insisted that Roxis supported his friend.

"Help!" Jess flailed around and pretended to fight Roxis by hitting him with her bag. It was an act and she didn't want to accidentally hit him for real, so she made sure not to swing her bag to close, which made the false battle look even more fake.

"More realism! Put your heart into it!" Flay encouraged.

Jess tried to shake the bag harder, but still kept her distance from Roxis. Then the bag suddenly slipped out of her grasp and went flying into the air, landing on Vayne's head. "Ow! I thought I was only going to play dead!"

"Sorry Vayne!" Jess rushed to tend to the huge bump on Vayne's forehead, courtesy of her heavy bag.

Hearing the commotion, Pamela came on stage wearing a hamster hat. "Is it my turn? I am the ghost of Hamster!"

Roxis then removed his fake fangs, "this is ridiculous!"

"The show must go on!" Flay jumped on stage. "Here comes the hero!" Because having a reference to Final Fantasy would be a huge plus to anything, Flay was wearing a classic summoner costume, except it was all red. He held up an apple, "I summon you, great goddess of justice!"

Nothing happened and Flay repeated the summoning another two times before Nikki finally came on stage holding a large bowl of popcorn. "Sorry, I was making popcorn! What was my line again?"

Flay shook his head, but his disappointment didn't last more than a split second. "I guess I'll have to take care of the evil vampire myself!"

Roxis sighed, fed up with all the insanity, "yes, put me out of my misery."

"You asked for it!" Flay emptied a glass of clear water on Roxis' face with a battle cry of, "holy water!"

"I'm going to kill you!" Roxis finally snapped and attacked Flay.

"Evasive action!" The Duke of Destruction ran for dear life, with a furious Roxis close behind.

Anna face palmed and dashed away to join Roxis in the Flay hunt, while Muppy muttered. "These people are strange..."

End

Disclaimer, I don't own Mana Khemia: Student Alliance, Shakespeare's Hamlet or Final Fantasy.