Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Haunting of Stark Industries ❯ The Haunting of Stark Industries ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Haunting of Stark Ind.
by ~bulma-th-babe

Title: The Haunting of Stark Industries
Author:  geniusinmotion
Theme:  149-Ghost
Rating:  PG
Length:
Summary:  Written for the Pepperony200 challenge.  Quote from the book "Gates of Fire" as in my previous stories.  A break in leaves Stark Industries puzzled and in chaos.  Not quite as hokey as the title sounds.  Its well past midnight here and lots of caffeine and little sleep makes you loopy :D

Disclaimer:  I don't own Iron Man, nor do I own Marvel.  If I did, I would totally build my own Iron Man armor because that would be awesome.  All spelling errors are mine however.  Please ignore them.


Pg. 40  "What was their intention?"

Stark Industries had seen better days.  Chaos might have been an understatement for the morning Tony Stark had been having.  A middle of the night phone call had informed him of the situation and they were still not really sure what had happened.

Certain areas of the building looked as if a tornado had gone through them, a very selective tornado.  Whoever had done this knew exactly what to do to disrupt operations for a while.

The virus to most of the computer systems had been a nice touch, Tony thought wryly as he rebooted the servers remotely from his office.  As had the trashing of said office.  He was lucky his desk and chair were still in one piece.

"I have no idea who did this but I just spoke with the police, the FBI, and security."  Pepper stated, breezing through the door.  "There are no signs of unauthorized entry, no signs of entry at all last night, no camera images, nobody saw anything.  Security said they heard the noise but saw no one.  One of the guys says he saw some stuff moving by itself.  It doesn't make any sense."  She ranted, glancing around at the paperwork scattered all over, the shattered TV screen.

"Sounds like we've got a ghost.  Know any good exorxists?  Or maybe we can call that ghost hunters show?"  Tony asked, as he started the computer, watching lines of code scroll across the screen in safe mode.

"Be serious will you?  Research and Development is a wreck.  So are accounting and Admin."  Pepper sighed.  "What was the whole point of this?  How'd they even get in?"

Tony was about to answer when a line appeared in the code that shouldn't have been there.  A message.

He pointed to the screen.  "Guess he was upset that I decided to help the boy band out."

Pepper blinked at him, wondering not for the first time if she hadn't had enough coffee this morning.  "Boy band?"  she asked, reading the message he indicated.  "Nevermind...You need to call SHIELD right away."

"Great minds think alike." Tony smiled, reaching for the phone.  He pointed at the screen again, at the name after the message.  "Guess Casper really can walk through walls.  How unimaginative is that name?"

Pepper shook her head, "Accurate.  How is that possible though?"

Tony shrugged, as he waited for the phone to connect.

"Hey Fury, Tony here.  Ever heard of a guy named Ghost?"