Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ New Arrival ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Something important: I need to do something terrible, and bend reality a little bit. I am making Tali and Mani age very rather slowly. In this chapter, some time has passed, but the cubs aren't any older. I'll specify when they grow older. Sorry for being unrealistic, but it must be done for future plans I have for them.
Chapter 19: New Arrival
Two months passed. Toni-the other pregnant lioness in the pride-and Kiara were becoming obviously pregnant. A large stomach was added to both girls. Kiara and Toni had become fast friends. They often rested together talking, gossiping, or complaining about cub pains. Sometimes Kanai joined them, and brought her cubs who were as rambunctious as ever. The three got closer everyday. One day, Rafiki received a vision from the Kings that Toni was going to have one girl, and that Kiara would have one boy.
Kovu and Kiara were delighted since they could use the name Kivu for Kiara's son. One day when Toni and Kiara were relaxing together, they decided their cubs would be betrothed to each other. Toni and Kiara were very pleased about the turnout and was sure their cubs would make a perfect couple.
There had been no sign of Death, the evil lion that almost killed Tali a couple months ago. The memories of the all-black lion were fused in Kiara's mind. She remembered the lion's crooked smile. She remembered his frightening size; he had rippling muscles over all his strong body. What was most frightening was how he was so unnaturally black. He had a completely onyx mane and body that was never seen before in the Pride Lands. Now, he should have a scar on his left eye, thanks to Tali. This lion reminded Kiara of Scar. The two seemed similar in a way. However, Scar was gone. In addition, so was Death. He was gone…was it safe to say that he'd never come back?
Just then, Toni went over and sat beside Kiara. The two greeted each other with smiles.
"I can't wait to have my sweet girl." Toni said. " But what should I name her?"
"Pick something you've given a lot of thought to."
"It has to be a really pretty name. Something that sounds good with Kivu." she thought for a moment, while Kiara washed her paws. "I like the name Ciara."
"Oh! That is really pretty! It sounds kind of like my name."
"Yes, that's where I got it from. I think that's what I'll name her."
"It sounds nice. Kivu and Ciara. It's like Kovu and Kiara." She giggled.
Toni smiled. "I can't wait."
"Me either."
The remainder of the day went by peacefully. Would turmoil or event ever come? Little did all Pride landers know that the very next day would be extremely eventful...

The next day, it was foggy and everyone was feeling stuffy. It was calm and peaceful while birds chirped a happy morning song. Kovu woke about the same time Kiara did.
"Good morning, Beautiful." Kovu said.
The two shared a nuzzle. Some lionesses were getting up, some were not. Sleepiness was in the air.
Then, suddenly, everyone was wide-awake when a loud roar came from outside.
"Simba!" An unknown lion yelled from outside the cave. Everyone who wasn't already outside, rushed out. Simba quickly climbed down from the rock and faced the speaker. It was a wounded lion! He was large, but he didn't seem to be aggressive. He was obviously tired and wounded badly, though the wounds didn't look fresh. There was dried blood covering a lot of his body. He was shaking so hard. He was hardly even standing.
"Who goes?" Simba said regally.
"Simba," the lion began slowly. "I am Thresh of the Mountain Pride. I have come seeking help. A strong group of lions has attacked our pride for no good cause. They killed our king and have taken over. I fear the rest of my pride has been taken as prisoners. I learned of you and your strong pride from our king before all this had begun. I traveled a long way to seek your help. We need you..."
As the lion finished, he began breathing heavily. Then his eyes rolled to the back of his head, and he collapsed in exhaustion. Simba walked closer to the unconscious lion.
"He needs rest." He declared. "When he awakens, I will ask him more. For now, let's keep him as comfortable as possible." He then turned to his waiting pride. "I think we should help him out." He hesitated, and his eyes grew dark. "For we all know what it is like to live under a tyrant."
A few lionesses nodded and some simply gazed at their paws. Many of the Pride Landers went closer to get a better look at the stranger. He had a brown body, and a rust colored mane. Dried and fresh blood covered his arms, shoulders and back. Some plastered his mane and face. This lion had obviously been through quite a battle.
Rafiki was called over to look at the lion called Thresh's wounds. Rafiki returned to his tree to make the appropriate medicine. He returned promptly to apply them to the worst spots.
"What is dis lion's story?" Rafiki asked Simba.
"He said a strong group of lions attacked his pride, and killed their king. They took over, and apparently he came to us for help. He was told about our pride and that we were strong. He came to get help to reclaim their kingdom."
"I see."
Kiara, who was standing nearby, nudged her father.
"Daddy, are we going to help him?"
"Probably. I need to get more information from him once he wakes up."
"Poor guy…" Kiara said.
Such a beautiful voice, just like my Lala... Lala?
Just then, Thresh stirred.
"Look, He moved." Kiara whispered
He opened his eyes and looked around. He saw several faces staring at him.
"Did I faint?" he asked confused.
"Yes you did." Simba said. "Can you stand?"
Thresh sat up.
"Are you okay?" Kiara asked him.
Thresh looked at Kiara. It was her voice! He had heard her in his sleep.
"I think so." he replied groggily.
"Thresh, right? Now that you are feeling better, we need more information. You say you are from the Mountain Pride?" Simba asked.
"Yes."
"Fortunately, my father told me about your pride and its location. It's not hard to get there, just rather far. How many are in this pride that attacked yours?"
"There were a dozen or so. I think three males. They were all working together. The rest were females."
Simba nodded.
"We must leave as soon as possible if you are to help me. My pride is in peril!" Thresh said in a shaky, yet strong voice.
"No." Simba said his voice stronger than Thresh's. "You cannot go. You need to recover."
Simba then turned to Kiara.
"And, Kiara, you cannot go."
Kiara looked slightly disappointed, but nodded.
"I need to gather a meeting. Thresh, you get some rest. We will save your pride."
Thresh looked upset he couldn't help, but nodded. Then Simba bounded to the top of Pride Rock. All lionesses were already there, ready to listen.
"As many of you all saw, a lion came in wounded. He is from the Mountain Pride, to the far south of us. He needs our help to drive out the intruding pride. We will leave as soon as possible. All will go except Kiara, Toni, Tali, Mani, and Thresh himself. The rest will come with me and we will fight. It is a long trek, but I know we can do it. Before we leave, we will have one more meal. It will probably be our last time we can rest easy."
Simba then ended the meeting and Nala sent out a hunting party. While they were gone, some lionesses had some time to talk to Thresh. He was lying down, but still ready to listen and answer questions from the ladies.
"You traveled all this way?" Mairu asked. "The Mountain Pride Lands are pretty far away." Apparently, she knew where the pride lived also.
"Yes. I thank the Kings I made it here. It was hard on my own."
"How did you hunt?" a lioness from the pride named Sanai asked.
"Every now and then, I'd find a dead carcass. It was disgusting, but it was better than starving. Only once was I able to catch a small meal. But I'm not as good as a hunter as I'm sure you fine ladies are." he said raising his eyebrows. Some giggled, but not Kiara. She was looking at her dad who was talking to Kovu.
"My name's Sanai." Sanai introduced herself.
"Mine's Mairu."
"And mine's Tikana."
"I'm Jika."
After four out of the five lionesses introduced themselves, Thresh nodded and then said,
"Nice to meet you ladies." he then directed his gaze to Kiara. "And, what is your name?"
Kiara snapped her head to face him from looking at Kovu.
"Oh. My name is Kiara."
…I love her voice…