Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 4: A Single Step ❯ Bliss ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Here I am again, congradulations to me for actually uploading again within this year! Thanks for stopping by, thanks for reading.  
Last time: We took a look at Tempest's feelings. She remembers her family, and remembers her attempt to hunt that lead to her injury. Mani sympathises and hangs out with her for most of the lazy day, while Tali is out having her huntress's test.

Chapter 13: Bliss
Later that day, Tali sucessfully came back to Pride Rock with a kill. She dragged a young zebra by the leg with her strong teeth. She dragged it in front of all who were standing by, watching, growling with approval. Tali let go of her trophy and stood proudly. Tali's young friends surrounded her.
"Tali, it's amazing" Kivu said with excitment, marveling at her first kill.
Ciara nuzzled Tali happily, while Mani was only able to manage, "Tali... wow!"
The young lioness took her praise with a smile. Tali didn't get the chance to talk with her friends about the experience of hunting alone, when Kiara and Kovu approached the crowd. The two royals stood in front of her as she sat by her bloody kill.
"You caught your first kill, Tali." Kiara said formally, and yet with a smile. "Young," she continued, glancing at the zebra, "but a kill none-the-less. Congradulations."
"Congradulations!" Many lions shouted. The air was suddenly filled with roars and shouts of joy for the new huntress. After a moment, King Kovu rose his tail sharply to silence them.
"Tali, as we watched you during your assessment, we saw that you were quick with your planning and smart with your decisions. This zebra is rightfully yours, but you may share it with someone you hold dear."
Tali cleared her throat, "Ciara, Jai, Mani, Kivu, and Tempest."
Each of their faces lit up as their names were called. Their stomach's growled in hunger as they stepped closer to Tali and her prize. They laughed and smiled together, then waitied for their que to behin eating. Kovu smiled on them, especally on the new huntress.
"So be it."
They are then, glad for the nurishment and the great feeling of bonding friendship. As they ate, Toni and Kiara went to congradulate Tali's mother, Kanai.
"I can't believe she's grown up already," Kanai said to her friends.
Kiara touched an affectionate paw to Kanai's arm. "She did great."
"She did, didn't she?"
"I hope Ciara will do as well when it's her time for her assessment," Toni said, "Which won't be much longer from now!"
The friends laughed happily. "We're getting old, aren't we?" Kiara said playfully. "It feels only such a short time ago that Kivu was born. We should all be grateful that we have been living in prosperity all this time. We should all thank the Kings and hope that there are no more perils." This thought brought back memories of Death, the black lion that had attacked Kiara and a trunkated version of the pride while Simba and most of the pride were away helping the Mountain Pride.
"And we should hope the Kings will bring us cooler weather." Kanai said lightly. Kiara and Toni purred in agreement.

Somewhere far away, a lioness and her mate were very upset.
"We must find her!" the light yellow-ish lioness said with distress, pacing the floor of their small cave they called home. Her large maned mate sat with his head lowered. It was just beginning to darken outside, thus causing a yellow-orange glow in the cave. The view of the cave from the outside was outstanding. The cave was actually a crevace on the side of a cliff. Around the cliff's bottom were rocks that had become intertwined with plants and flowers. Ive crawled up and down the outter rock walls, giving the cave a natural beauty. It was a cave fit for a King and Queen.
And so they were, King Tome and Queen Vitani. The couple had their own pride now. It was small, but of course all new things start out that way. Suddenly Vitani stopped pacing and turned to Tome with distress. "What should we do now? We've looked everywhere for her."
Tome rose his head sadly. His black mane covered his eyes. "We are only a small pride, there's not much ground we can cover at once."
The two were silent for a while, just listening to each other breathe, and listening to crickets chirp. Vitani then said quietly, "Maybe it's time for me to go back... Simba's Pride will help us."
Tome looked at his mate worriedly. "How are you so sure he will? I feel so sick when I think about what I did to his friends..." he said remembering when he killed Timon and Pumbaa long ago.
"You had no way of knowing-"
"He'll never let me walk one food into the Pride Lands!" He lashed out in anger. Vitani didn't flinch.
"We must convince him."
"And what of our pride!"
"They will come as well." she said calmly.
"How." He said with a dry tone, not even making it a question.
Vitani looked defeated as she thought of the dangers of crossing such a distance with young cubs. "I don't know."

Tempest moved a piece of hair from her face with her paw, and hurredly approched Kivu.
"Kivu, have you seen Mani?" Kivu turned his head to Tempest, revealing Ciara who was laying on her side behind him.
"Oh hi, Ciara, I didn't see you there. You must be getting fat, Kivu." Tempest said.
Ciara burst into laughter. "So true!"
Kivu stood triumphantly, "It's the mane! The mane is huge." he said, puffing out his chest to show his tuft of chest fur. This caused both girls to laugh.
"You keep working on that," Tempest said to the young prince.
Ciara stood. "Anyway, I think I saw Mani over there," she said, gesturing with her head. "I don't think he's doing much of anything."
"It's too hot to do anything." Kivu complained. The others agreed.
"I'll see you guys later," Tempest said and started off in the direction that Ciara indicated. After she had gone, Kivu looked at Ciara.
"You thinking what I'm thinking?"
"About Tempest? Yes."
Then Kivu looked very amused.
Tempest briskly strolled until she caught sight of her light brown friend, Mani. She lowered into a huntress's crouch and stalked closer to his laying form. As she neared, she picked up speed, and pounced. She landed on Mani's back, startling him completely.
"WHA-"
Tempest leapt off of him as quickle as she leapt on. She laughed. "You should have seen your face!"
"Tempest! What in the WORLD?"
Tempest pulled herself together and replied with a smug smile and flipped her hair out of her eyes with a slight toss of her head.
"You're just looking for a fight aren't you?" Mani said with a smirk.
Tempest lowered into a fighting stance. "Bring it, Mani!"
Mani looked as if he were about to accept her challenge, but then decided against it. "Nah, there would be no point; it's an easy contest." Mani sat down and started licking his paw."
"Oh and I bet you think you'd win."
"Sure would." he replied.
Tempest giggled and joined Mani's side. She nudged him with her shoulder playfully. After a few seconds of silence, Tempest said, "What were you doing over here by yourself?"
Mani shrugged and continued cleaning his paw and arm. Tempest realized that maybe he wanted to be alone, and she was only disturbing him.
"Do you want me to leave?" she asked.
"No, you can stay." he said casually. So she did.

Sorry that it's a boring chapter. I really enjoy writing lazy-day chapters where the characters just kind of enjoy each other's company. Thanks for reading, stick around : )








Converting /tmp/phpXUTtUv to /dev/stdout