Other Fan Fiction ❯ World at War ❯ The war begins ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N I do not on the Civilization series or Timeline 191 I have never written a fanfic before. Go Easy on me in the reviews.
This fic is based on a Time line 191 mod I downloaded. In this altered version of the Timeline, the First Great War(World War 1 in our Timeline) ended indecisively, Jake Feathstion never came to power in the CSA.



The day was August 30th 1968. The through out the world people went about there business. International tensions where high how ever. The people of the world has learned to live with the near constant threat of war. The Confederate States of America had in the last major conflict in North America seized much of the Southwestern US. Including the city of Los Angeles. This war had started as a War in the Mediterranean had brought about war in North America via Alliances. The Greeks who where Allied with the CSA, Britain and France had gone to war with the weakened Ottoman Empire. The loss of much of the Southwest and destruction of US Industrial Centers quickly knocked the US from the War. Without US support the Germans, Turks and Austrians where Forced to sue for peace soon after. The Ottoman Empire had been forced to hand over much of its land in Western Turkey to Greece, much of its Middle Eastern holdings to Britain and France and Armenia and the surrounding region to Russia. Germany and Austria-Hungary where forced to hand over most of there Eastern European lands to Russia. The US and its Allies gained some pay back in the Japanese Civil War of 1951. They had armed and backed a Rebellion that overthrew the Japanese Empire and replaced it with a Republic. The new Republic of Japan was a support of the Central Powers as a result of this. They still retained all the land they had taken in the Hispano Japanese war, this land was now being eyed by the CSA. Many of the CSA's citizens dreamed of Imperial Glory. The tensions between Japan and the CSA had been high for years. Both nations had plans for going to war with the other. The newly independent Canada maintained a strong isolationist policy they also feared the return of troops from the US and Republic of Quebec. The Sandwich Islands fell under Confederate control after they had been anxied. Before the end of the War the US Government granted them Independence to keep them out of Confederate hands. The New Republic of Hawaii was a short lived country and with in 3 years of the end of the War under threat of war they had been anxied. Despite protests from The US and Japan there was no intervention. This incident even distanced the normally pro CSA British and French from the Confederates. They viewed as violation of the end of the War agreements. The threat tensions with the CSA in Japan led to the election of Hikrio Takahashi. He was the Commander of the Rebellion that over threw the Japanese empire and strongly anti Confederate. On this day he was to make a Public speech. As Prime Minster Takahashi made his way to the podium several shots rang out. The Prime Minster had been hit. The gunmen, a Confederate agent named Allen Drake was subdued before he could escape. With in hours he had coughed up the information regarding a conspiracy to assassinate key members of the Japanese government. Soon one of the collaborates confirmed suspicions that they worked for the Confederate government. This was the smoking gun the investigates where looking for. With in a week the Diet in Tokyo voted to declare war on the Confederate States of America. The US also declared war on the CS. The Empire of Mexico under Em porer Juan III entered the war on the CSA side. A new war had begun. In Europe, Germany, Great Britain, France, Russia and Austria Hungary stayed neutral for the time. Russia how ever helped supply the CSA with weapons. Czar Vladimir signed the agreements thrus increasing shipments of weapons to the CSA.

A/N- I am requesting opinions on what I am writing here. Review, just don't flame. I am open to suggestions. For info on Timeline 191 you can view it on wikipedia.