Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction / Gravitation Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome Loves... ❯ Light Yagami ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
This one comes in as a special request from Dark Fox 14, she's my buddy and I really hope that you like this Foxy-chan!
 
Pairing: Light x Kagome
 
Summary: After finding out that her appointed brother, Ryuk, `lost' his Death Note, Kagome travels to earth to recover it.
 
Disclaimer: Inuyasha and Death Note belong to Rumiko Takahashi, Takeshi Obata and Tsugumi Ooba respectively.
 
`Again'
 
“You did WHAT!?” The yell of a really pissed off angel reverberated off the walls of Ryuk's small room.
 
The shinigami cringed and gave a small smile to the raven-haired angel before trying to explain. “I was bored Kagome-nee, I had to do something to pass the time!”
 
Kagome was seething. She turned to her `brother' with furious eyes. “Do you remember what happened the last time you `got bored' and dropped your Death Note on earth?”
 
Ryuk stayed silent. Wise choice.
 
“Let me refresh your memory.” She said, taking a deep breath. “ROME BURNED TO THE GROUND! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE SERIOUSNESS OF THIS SITUATION RYUK!” She stopped screaming and gave a small smile. “You do know that we have to tell him about this. And then this will be your fault not mine.”
 
“You can't tell him! He will kill me this time for sure!” Ryuk panicked. “He said if this happened again then he'd kill me. Come on Kagome-nee, you love your otouto right?”
 
Kagome sighed. “Yes I do love you Ryuk, very much, that is why I will go to earth and retrieve your Death Note for you. Who has it this time and where?”
 
Ryuk let out a breath of relief. “Its in Japan, in the hands of a kid called Light Yagami. He's a good kid, so try not to rough him up when you take it back.”
 
Kagome smiled and ruffled Ryuk's black hair. “I won't. But I am going to be keeping your Death Note under lock and key from now on otouto. Kay?”
 
Ryuk nodded. “Thank you aneue. Oh and could you bring back some apples with you? I really like those.”
 
Kagome made a weird face. “What in the world is an `apple'?”
 
“Ask Light, he usually has some in his room for me.” Ryuk explained. “Try one, you'll like them.”
 
Kagome nodded and spread her obsidian wings. “I swear to all that is holy Ryuk, you loose it again and I am going to Sesshomaru. Lord knows what could happen.”
 
“I'm expecting world war three.” Ryuk joked.
 
Kagome gave a small giggle and shook her head. “We'll see. Well, I'll be back in a few days. If Sesshomaru asks where I am, tell him I've just gone to give some emo kid some guidance, he knows that I like to do that.”
 
Ryuk waved to her as she fell from heaven. “Will do!”
 
XOX
 
Kagome landed in the middle of Tokyo and headed straight for a booth that she had observed mortals using as a way to communicate with other mortals. She picked up the dense book that lay on a shelf inside and flicked through the pages, searching for one specific name. After roughly an hour of searching she found the name and address she required and flew off to her destination. Landing softly on the windowsill, she pushed the window open and sat on the bed, waiting patiently for this `Light' character to enter. He did soon after she had seated herself, walking straight to his desk and completely failing to notice her. He pulled the Death Note out of the trick drawer in his desk and began to read through it.
 
Kagome sighed softly. “You know, it's not good to read that much.”
 
Light froze and slowly turned to face her. He looked in awe at the angel before him. “Who are you and how did you get into here?”
 
“I am Kagome, aneue to Ryuk and I came in through the window.” She smiled.
 
Light nodded. “So why are you here?”
 
“I have come to retrieve the Death Note that my otouto so carelessly gave to you.” She explained.
 
Light clutched the book to his chest. “You cannot have it. I am close to creating the perfect world.”
 
Kagome giggled. “You remind me very much of the last person to get his hands of a Death Note. Do you know what happened to him?”
 
Light shook his head.
 
“He started world war two and a very good friend of mine died for letting him have it. Should you refuse to hand over that Death Note to me, I will have to make you and the consequences will be dire.” She said. “On top of that, I really don't want to have to explain to my boss what you did and then execute my otouto for giving it to you. That would cause too much paperwork for me.”
 
“What would the consequences of my actions be?” Light asked.
 
Kagome gave a malicious grin to him. “You would be hauled to heaven and live for eternity…”
 
“That doesn't sound to bad.” Light said.
 
“…where you will be tortured by every soul that you put in that book, myself and my boss. Now, are you going to hand over that book or do I have to make you?”
 
Light sighed. “I only want to make the world a safer place for the ones that I love.”
 
Kagome walked over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. “I know, but doing so, you are hurting many others. Have you thought of the families that are hurt by loosing someone they loved? Criminal or not, they are still mortal and have other mortals that love them. It is not your place to hand out punishments Light, that is reserved for Sesshomaru.”
 
“Who is Sesshomaru?” He asked, gazing at the book, trying to make his decision.
 
Kagome placed a finger on her chin. “I believe you mortals call him `God', though I really don't understand why.” She looked at the fruit bowl and gasped. “Oh yeah, Ryuk asked for some apples please.”
 
“They are the round red ones, take as many as you like.” Light sighed and handed over the book to her. “I will give this to you, although I really can't understand why I am doing this.”
 
She took the book and gave him a smile. “Thank you Light, you have made the right choice.” She gave Light a kiss on the cheek before putting the book in her kimono and turned toward the window.
 
“Wait.” Light called out as she prepared to take off. “Will I ever see you again?”
 
“Yes.” Kagome said. “In about three years, Sesshomaru has big plans for you.”
 
Owari x
 
I hope you liked that, not very fluffy, but I really haven't seen enough Death Note to make it any better. So, sorry if Light seemed OOC.
 
Much love always
 
Squishy xxx