Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Hikaru's haloween ❯ Hikaru's halloween ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
One spooky Halloween night, Hikaru went trick or treating dressed as a siameese Cat, Hikaru's favorite halloween costume. "Where is Karou?" Hikaru wondered unhappily, tired of waiting. "Karou is late, and I can't go trick or treating alone!" Just then, a bush near Hikaru started to move! The leaves trembled and a cry rang out. Hikaru was frightened but bravely said, "Who's there?" Suddenly, a siamesse Cat jumped from behind the bush! The siamesse Cat shouted, "Boo! Guess who!" Hikaru knew who it was right away and said, "Karou, you silly thing. You scared me! Where have you been all this time?" Laughing, Karou said, "You're a scaredy cat! Sorry I'm late, but there was a problem with my costume and I couldn't meet you sooner. Let's go trick or treating. There'll be no candy left for us if we wait any longer." "That's okay," Hikaru said. "Let's get started. I want some Halloween candy tonight!"

Their hearts still pounding a little, Hikaru and Karou walked along the street. The first house they came to was creepy-looking and very old. It sat back from the street more than the other houses in the neighborhood. A long sidewalk lead up to a front porch that looked like it had seen better days. In the moonlight, the house looked deserted, but lights glowed through the windows. Karou whispered, "I think I remember somebody telling me that this house is haunted." "No way," Hikaru said, confidently pushing open the gate. Suddenly, a strong gust of wind rustled the leaves of the willow tree standing nearby and a loud crash came from the porch. Both friends jumped at the noise. "It's just the wind," Hikaru said a little shakily. Although Hikaru and Karou felt a little nervous, they walked slowly through the creaky front gate and up the long sidewalk towards the front door. The old stairs creaked as they climbed onto the porch. Lying on the floor of the porch they saw a broken flower pot. "That's what made the loud crash we heard," Hikaru said. "See? There's nothing scary here." "Yeah, right," Karou said, "Go ahead, Hikaru. You knock on the door." Just then Hikaru and Karou saw a large, strange shadow behind the wavy glass in the front door. Suddenly, the shadow started moving towards them! Before they could knock or even think, the door flew open! A large Ghost stood before them! Hikaru and Karou shouted and jumped back with a start! Karou turned to run away. "Wait! Happy Halloween siameese Cat and siamesse Cat!" the large Ghost said, laughing. "Great costumes! Don't you two want some candy?" Karou said, "Hey, I remember that voice! I know who you are! You're Kyouya!" Kyouya said, smiling. "That's right, and you're Karou. Welcome to my house. You and Hikaru are my first guests tonight. How about some treats?" "TYPE=PICT;ALT=Lots and lots of candy. . ."

A little while later, Hikaru and Karou called out "Thanks! Bye, Kyouya!" as they walked down the sidewalk, their trick or treat bags full of Halloween candy. Karou said, "Hikaru, you knew all along that was Kyouya's house, didn't you!" "Yes, I knew. The trick is on you!" Hikaru said. "Kyouya is a friend of my folks and I've been to that house before. You know it isn't safe to trick or treat at a stranger's house, so that's why I suggested going there." "That's right," Karou said. "It's better to be safe than sorry!" So, that Halloween night Hikaru and Karou had a great time trick or treating. And they followed all the safety rules to make it home safely, too. "I can't wait until next year!" they said together, smiling big smiles. Then Hikaru and Karou walked home, happily planning their costumes for next year all the way.
The End