Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Moving on in Life ❯ Unexpected ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Hmm, I don't know how many people are waiting on this, but this is for YOU! Haha. I feel like I should have this Uncle Sam sign up or something saying “We want YOU to review!” Lol. Would you do it? xD That would make you absolutely easily influenced eh?
 
Short chapter today. I promise the next one will be written MUCH faster, but this seemed the appropriate place to stop.
 
@cowgirlkitten2000 and loretta537: Sorry for the long wait. It's nice to know someone actually reads this. I hope you're still enjoying it.
 
Read and review please!
(P.S. Does anyone read this? Or do you guys just skip down?)
 
Disclaimer: Do I have to keep saying it? I don't own Ouran.
 
--
 
Kyouya
 
My secretary had already bitten my head off, saying something about my burying myself in work and not being aware of my health anymore. She mothered me insanely, which I should have fired her for except for the fact that she was one of the best secretaries out there - efficient and no-nonsense.
 
However, I privately knew that she was telling me the truth this time. I had been trying to work so hard so that I wouldn't have to think about Haruhi and the uncomfortable situation that we were now in.
 
I was an idiot. That was plain. I had assumed that she would actually want me since she didn't want Tamaki. And there were signs too! Weren't there? Damnit, an Ootori should never have to doubt himself. But it seemed like that was all I could do when dealing with one Fujioka Haruhi.
 
*Buzz*
 
I glanced mildly over at my intercom. I had told my secretary that I hadn't wanted to meet with any clients for awhile. I had a perfectly good PR team that specialized in schmoozing and making people feel important enough to forget they weren't actually meeting with the CEO.
 
I debated answering the page. She was probably just worrying about what I was eating for lunch. Not that she really cared; she usually just shoved food onto a tray and brought it in, telling me she'd withhold all of my messages until I ate. The woman was ruthless. I shivered, and reached over to press the button on the intercom.
 
“Yes?”
 
“There's someone here to see you, sir,” her disembodied voice floated out of the machine.
 
I frowned. This was unusual; maybe she just forgot my instructions. “I am not seeing any visitors today.” There, clear and concise. Maybe she'd give up now.
 
“But sir.” Or maybe not. “This is a very important guest. Her identification matches one that is on your free pass list.”
 
Ah, the free pass list. I had drawn up a list of people of whom my secretary could allow under any circumstances. It basically consisted of my father, my sister, and Tamaki. On a whim, I added Haruhi's name to the list. It's not like she would ever know that one existed. But all the same, there was a very small likelihood of her coming. There were only two females on the list, and by process of elimination that left Fuyumi. My secretary had probably just called Fuyumi over to cluck over me further. Older sisters were experts at nagging their younger brothers.
 
I sighed, and reluctantly tossed out, “Alright. Send her in.”
 
I turned back to the papers stacked on my desk. I didn't need to expend too much energy getting ready for my sister's visit. I saw her nearly every weekend when she managed to drag me to try her homecooked meals in her husband's home. Besides, if it was a pointless conversation, I might as well get some work done at the same time.
 
The door opened and was shut softly. I could hear the soft footfalls as they neared my desk.
 
“Hey Fuyumi, I don't really need -”
 
“Kyouya.” My head shot up at her voice. That voice was decidedly not Fuyumi.
 
That voice was Fujioka Haruhi.