Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Pink Plus ❯ The Appointment ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kibum sighed, walking through the house. He had come up with a revelation; his sister was wrong, but he was 10 times more incorrect than she. He passed by Sun-Hee's bathroom, where she dry heaved over the toilet. She was officially 12 weeks pregnant; in other words, 3 months pregnant and showing a bit. It had been a few weeks since she had temporarily dropped out of school due to 'an unforeseen illness', and the only one who still ignored her in her family (and didn't accept the pregnancy) would be the eldest brother, Kibum. She believed he completely hated her, until the second he walked up behind her and sat on the edge of the bathtub that was next to the toilet, rubbing small circles on her back.
"I know you're a bit...busy right now, so you don't have to talk. Just listen." He started. He took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. I'll definitely say it wasn't my place to demote you or SooYoung. I didn't mean to call you a teenybopper or a whore. Or a slut. Or an ungrateful little bitch with loose morals."
With that, she looked up. "Wait, when did you say that?" Kibum hastily ignored her question and thanked god that his little sister was hit with another wave of nausea and turned her attention towards the toilet.
"Um, as I was saying, I was just upset and scared, that's why I said those things. But I've noticed you're probably twenty times more scared then I am. So for saying those things, I'm sorry. And I'll try my best to help out from time to time and be a better brother."
"Who...put you...up to...this?" Sun-Hee asked carefully, not wanting to get even sicker. "And you were already...the best brother...I could ask for."
Kibum smiled at her last sentence. "Well, nobody put me up to it. I was thinking about a talk I had with dad and I noticed that I was wrong, so I decided to apologize. As much as it bugs me to have to leave the house and not be snorting coke while I'm out, he said today you should go to the doctors and get another ultrasound. Your appointment is in an hour, so stop throwing up by then and get ready. I'll be back when I get Yasuchika." Sun-Hee rolled her eyes. Her brother was a rebel, but she couldn't even tell if he was kidding about the cocaine part or not...
"But...he said he was busy today, so..." Sun-Hee started. Kibum howled with laughter.
"Whatever he's busy doing, he's shit outta luck." Kibum said. He walked out, leaving Sun-Hee to herself. She walked downstairs and got herself a glass of ginger ale to calm her stomach. After 10 minutes of a calm stomach, she took a shower and did her hair. By the time she was done, Chika and Kibum were standing at the door downstairs.
"Let's go." Kibum said, walking to his car. There was a plastic seat cover in the front of his blue Prius Five.
"What the hell do you think you're doing? Sit up here." Kibum scoffed, patting the passenger seat. Chika roughly plopped down onto the seat and crossed his arms while throwing his feet onto the dashboard.
It had been a little game they had always done in the presence of each other. Chika liked Kibum; he was much cooler than Mitsukini, he had believed, with his carefree attitude and various piercings. Much more manly, just like he thought the Haninozuka head should be. And he also didn't like pink, and wasn't obsessed with cake. As a matter of fact, he wouldn't mind switching brothers for a day if Kibum wasn't such a tool...
Kibum snapped Chika out of his thoughts with a loud, "Hey!" Followed by, "Are you listening? Don't give me that attitude boy! I'll throw you out of this car. What if you had damaged the leather, huh?" He was frowning deeply, which made Chika smirk a bit.
"Oppa!" Sun-Hee scolded. "He didn't even do anything. Don't be an ass just because you feel like it."
"I wouldn't mind that, actually. It'll give me a reason to kick his-" Yasuchika started, and stopped just as abruptly when he heard a yell.
"Geunyang ib jom dagchyeo!(*1)" Sun-Hee shouted. She watched as Yasuchika sunk back into his seat. He didn't understand what she was saying, but judging by her personality when she gets mad, he knew it was probably something with curses. She resumed her speech, and Kibum sighed because he knew what she would say next. "Imagine how the baby's environment would be if they grew up with an uncle and dad that constantly bickered!"
"I can't believe it. I feel so old. The kid's going to go around saying, 'Ajusshi! You're so cool! Better than my deadbeat Papa is!' Oh my, I seem to be rambling. Excuse me."
Yasuchika tried to ignore the male to the best of his abilities. That was, until Kibum stopped the car short, making Chika smash his head into the dashboard.
"Motherfu-!" He started before Kibum unlocked the door.
"We're here. Get out. I'll be waiting in this spot in the car." He said. Sun-Hee dragged Yasuchika (who was itching for a fight) out of the car. It was a large, pristine building that said 'Ootori Medical Inc.' on it. Sun-Hee sighed, nervously. Ootori Kyouya was a classmate of her sister's. If he found out...well, that could be plain chaotic. He probably wouldn't tell anybody, but sometimes it could just slip out, and that thought made her nervous.
They got into the waiting room of the maternity ward, and it was going to be about thirty minutes. Sun-Hee turned towards the direction of some muffled cries. She walked straight though a door, and there was a glass window with rows of newborn babies.
"Excuse me, miss, are you the sister of one of these children?" A nurse asked. She was very pretty, with short black hair in a bun and a beauty mark on her upper lip. Her nametag read 'Hajima Yuka.'
"Oh. I was just looking at the babies...I myself am about to become a mother soon." Sun-Hee answered, smiling back down at the babies.
"Well, sweetie, you're really not supposed to be back here, but I guess that-Wait, aren't you a little young for a baby?" Asked Yuka.
"I am. But it just sort of...happened. I know it'll be a lot of work, but I think it'll be worth the trouble." Sun-Hee said. "I know I sound careless, but it would just be too strange to go about my life as if I hadn't gotten my own child killed."
"Oh. I understand your train of thought. Since I'm on duty, I have to go, so good luck and congratulations! You're a brave little girl, you know that?" Yuka giggled before running off.
Just then, Chika walked up behind her. "I dozed off for a second, and you completely disappeared! Don't scare me like that again, 'kay?" Yasuchika sighed, poking her forehead loudly. "A spot just opened, so the wait has been reduced. We can go now."
"Well, I guess we'll be going now." Sun-Hee said quietly. She took one last look at the holding room for babies before taking Yasuchika's hand and walking to the main office. Yasuchika smiled at her actions. Why talk to babies, he had thought, when they couldn't hear you? They went across the hallway to the Obstetrics and Gynecology and sat. Just as they had situated themselves, a familiar voice was heard.
"Choi, Sun-Hee? Doctor Ootori will be seeing you." The nurse said. It turned out to be the nurse from a few minutes before, Yuka. The brunette nodded before sauntering to the examination room. She felt the glares of the older females and saw the spouses of the women slowly shaking their heads as she walked by. The harsh whispers about how she was a teenaged whore and most likely a problem child. It made Sun-Hee want to cry, and she did just that when she arrived to the room with the labeled 'Ootori Akito.'
Yasuchika looked nervously at her. She was sitting in one of the three chairs in the examination room, her elbows on her knees and her face buried into her hands. Yasuchika looked at her once more before enveloping her into a hug. He patted her back as he whispered soothing words into her ear. Soon after, the doctor Ootori Akito came in.
"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something? I could leave if you'd like me to." He nervously said. He was a traditional looking Japanese doctor; short dark brown hair, deep brown eyes, and a white lab coat. She could barely guess he was in his early or mid-twenties, because he had a certain air of maturity about him. She believed it was Kyouya's older brother, who was working alongside the eldest, Yuuichi(*2).
"No, no! That's not necessary." Sun-Hee suddenly blurted out. She sniffled before continuing. "I...just want to get out of here. I can't stand having people stare at me like that." She hiccupped.
"Then, let us start. First, I'll need a urine sample, so if you would please label a cup in the bathroom and leave it there once you're done." Sun-Hee complied. Soon after he checked her blood pressure and other necessities. Sooner or later, it was the moment she had been waiting for. She sat on the chair that was slightly raised with anticipation.
"Now, we'll do an ultrasound. The gel is a bit cold at first." Akito said, applying the gel and spreading it slightly on her stomach with the device. She slightly flinched at the coldness. The room was silent, and they were waiting for the sudden sound of a heartbeat. A loud, quick thumping was heard.
"That's the baby's heartbeat." The doctor explained with a small smile on his face. Sun-Hee thought nothing of it, seeing as how he was an Ootori. He then pointed to the screen. "And that's the baby. You'll be able to tell the sex at the 18th to 26th week. So that would be two visits after this one." He explained. He turned to the picture of the baby before pointing. "This is the head. This is the foot...and this is the baby's hand. And-Ah, how silly of me to not ask. I suspect that you've been taking your prenatal vitamins, yes?" Sun-Hee nodded, somewhat nervously. She and Chika were staring at the small being in awe.
"I didn't...start too late, did I?" The doctor shook his head, and smiled ever-so-slightly.
"Of course not. Would you like a picture of the sonogram, Choi-san?" Sun-Hee nodded. She got the picture on a small polaroid and headed to the car.
"You know, for a teenaged pregnant couple, I feel like we're not feeling enough consequences." Yasuchika said on the ride home. Kibum kept quiet. He was in the car for about an hour, so he was tired. The last thing he wanted was a fight.
"Trust me, it'll only get harder from here." Kibum stated. The rest of the ride was in dead silence.