Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Gene's new adventure ❯ Comforting each other. ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: This is my first attempt at an Outlaw Star fic. But I only own 1 character. I do not own Gene, Jim of any of the Outlaw Star cast. Now, read and enjoy.

Outlaw Star
Gene’s new adventure.

Chapter 8-Comforting each other.
They had been back in space for about 5 hours now. Gene was resting in his room, while Jim explained what Gilliam had found on the ship. “While we were trapped, Gene ordered Gilliam to run a diagnostics check and tell Jim of anything that was strange. But I never expected this.” Said Teresa.

“Neither did I. It must’ve been built into the XGP during the planning stages and actual building of the ship.” Said Jim.

“That shyster, Gwen Con must’ve done it. So he would always know where the ship was.” Said Suzuka.

“But we already knew that. Gwen Con told us he’d built the tracking node into the ship.” Said Aisha.

“With all that’s gone on, I’m not surprised you guys forgot. So, what can we do to get rid of it?” Asked Teresa.

“First, I’ll need to isolate where it is. Then when we get to the next spaceport, I’ll have to dismantle that part and remove it manually. It’s the only way I can see getting rid of it.” Said Jim.

“Teresa, why don’t you go check on Gene. We can handle things here for a while.” Said Suzuka.

“Alright. I’ll go find something to try and replenish his strength. That caster shell really did a number on him.” Said Teresa, walking off the bridge.

Aisha jumped into her console. “Those 2 defiantly have some chemistry going there.” Said Aisha.

“Yes, but I believe that they’re both trying to fight it. Teresa is frightened of what might happen and Gene doesn’t want to betray Melfina. This may not end well.” Said Suzuka.

“Let’s just concentrate on finding that tracking device before MacDougall finds us. If Ron MacDougall was working with Gwen Con a couple of years ago, he might be able to track us.” Said Jim.

Aisha and Suzuka nodded and began helping Jim find the tracking device.

~~~Gene’s room.~~~

Teresa walked into the dark room and over to Gene, switching on the lamp on the way. Gene stirred a little but did not wake up. Teresa put the tray on the bedside table and sat down beside him. The tray had a bowl of soup and a bowl of cool water on it. She dipped a rag into the water and rang it out. “You’re a complete mystery Gene Starwind. First you’re a dangerous drunk, then you’re Mr. Nice Guy, then you’re a daredevil hero. I don’t know what to make of you.” She whispered.

“I could say the same thing about you.” Said a weak voice.

“Welcome back to the land of the living Gene.”

“Nice to be back. It was really the smell of that soup that did it.”

“I thought it might.”

Teresa helped him sit up and placed the tray in his lap. She took the bowl off the tray and set it beside him. “How are you feeling Gene?” She asked.

“I’ve been better. What happened after I was hit with the caster?” Asked Gene.

“I dragged you out towards the ship but Aisha came to get you. You may not look it Gene Starwind, but you’re heavy.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment. Where are we heading for now?”

“The nearest space station. Gilliam found something in the ship. A tracking node.”

“What?! That means MacDougall could be tracking us!”

“That’s why we’re heading for the nearest space station. Jim and the others are working on isolating the source and then he’ll remove it when we dock.”

“Good, the last thing we need right now is MacDougall following us.”

Gene gulped down the rest of the soup and put the tray on the floor. Teresa stood up to leave, but Gene grabbed her hand. “Gene, what’s…Ah.”

Gene pulled her on to the bed with him. “Nothing’s wrong before you ask. But lately, I’ve felt comfort whenever you’re around. I don’t want to let that feeling go just yet.” He said, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

Teresa rested her head on his shoulder and rested her hand on his hip. Gene took hold of it. He began to gently rub her shoulder as he felt her drifting off. Tonight, they needed no words. Ron MacDougall had messed with both their lives, and 2 of his victims were turning to each other to ease the pain. And as Teresa drifted off to sleep, Gene’s mind became troubled. “How could something so wrong feel so right? Am I betraying Melfina by feeling the things I feel for Teresa? Is it too soon for me to be with another woman? What am I gonna do?” He thought.

But Gene was too worn out to worry about this now. He just let himself relax and fall asleep.