Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Trapped ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I do not own OS or any of the carecters features except for Cale.

Chapter 2
Gene was walking with Melfina and Aisha, whom they had picked up on their way to the store. When they had come to Sentinal, They had offered to bring Suzuka with them but she didn't want to come.
Suddanly they heard a voice say, "Hey! Let me go!" Gene and Aisha went to the alley to see what was going on, when they reached the entrance to it, they could see the kid that Fred was looking for, and some guy.
"Hey let the kid go!" Gene said.
The man grinned and said, "Planning on taking my bounty? I don't think so."
Both Gene and Aisha readied themselfs for a fight. Gene wanted to know why Fred was after a kid, and Aisha just wanted to collect the reward money.
Gene and the man drew their guns, but while they were preoccupied with each other, Jim reached out and kicked the guy. The guy yelled and Gene pointed his gun at him. "Let the kid go."
The man glared at him, and left the alley.
Then they shifted their gazes to JIm. Jim looked about ready to run, but what Gene said stopped him. He said, "Why is Fred after you anyway? You're just a kid."
Jim replied by saying, "You *don't* want the bounty on me?"
"Well, the money would be nice but I'm more curious to the fact that Fred is after you," he replied.
Jim decided to trust Gene, (Even though Aisha was fuming at the chance of losing more money) and they went to wher Melfina was waiting. When they got back to where the were stayin, Gene and Jim started to talk.
"So, exactly why is Fred after you?" Gene said, "Wait I should introduce myself. I'm Gene Starwind. This is Aisha, and this is Melfina."
Jim replied by saying, "My name is Jim Hawking, the reason that Lowe guy put a bounty on me is because-" He never got a chance to finish because the next thing they knew, something had blasted through the door. I guess you could say a someone by the name of Ron Macdougal, searching for revenge.
******
I was about to say why Lowe put a bounty on me when the door exploded, at first I thought it was the bounty hunter, than when they guy yelled, "Die Gene Starwind!" I could tell the guy wasn't after me.
Gene grabbed me, and everyone left after Gene fired his caster.(he wasn't gonna be coming back to that apartment for a while)
We reached a dock, and everyone got onto the ship.
I heard the ship say, "Gene, that boy isn't a crew member."
Gene replied, "Well Gillium, for right now he is, hey Jim, get over there to watch for enemys."
I went over to the screen, and asked Gene, "Why'd you help me anyway? You already said you didn't want the bounty."
"Well, mainly I was just curious about why Fred would put a bounty on a kid. So why don't you tell us what you did?" He replied.
"I didn't really do anything besides be in the wrong place at the wrong time. You see that Lowe guy gets his money by stealing it, I came across that, and he decided put a get me, so I couldn't tell anyone." I said.
"Wow, who woulda thought Fred stole his money. Geez, I won't be borrowing money from him anymore.
Hey Jim, why didn'y you go to your parents or family about this?" gene asked.
I replyed, "Well, I don't really have a family. I live on the streets mainly."
Gene looked startled and asked, "What about your friends?"
"I don't really have any," I replyed uncomfterbly.
"well, that settles it. You're staying with us." Gene said.