Peach Girl Fan Fiction ❯ A Name Without a Name ❯ Tears of a Forgotten Dream ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue:

Do you believe in destiny?

A teenage girl sits happily along the white sanded beach; her paint brush is like music as the paint hits softly on the papers surface. Her dark purple hair ripples behind her and some slowly goes gently around her face as the wind blows like a faint release of air.

"Destiny, or fate - the idea that someone, something, is in control of your life, your moves, your thoughts..."

She turns and smiles at the handsome young man behind her. A warm, affectionate smile lights up his face, and he rests his hands gently around his friend's small waist. He sits in silence as he watches his best friend draw the landscape of the ocean. "Tonight, we have to stay and watch the stars," he whispers softly into her ear, light brown hair mixing with purple as he presses his cheek against hers. "Like you told me when you look at them it's like the whole world is yours for the taking." he tells her. The girl throws her head back and laughs joyfully, an angel with the world at her feet.

Spitting, a man with dark brown hair watches the girl and her friend. "Sicken behavior," he sniffs, tilting his nose in the air. Behind him a young blonde with frizzy hair, jumps over a tan wall beside the other man.

"You still wanna do this?" The blonde asked looking at the two friends sitting near the oceans water.

"Yeah!" He grumbles under his breath, glancing away. The blonde hands him a 38 mm and the guy aims it at the couple.

"Do you believe there is a reason for everything that happens?"

"Hey!" A girl with short light purple hair smiles at the two friends as they sit together on the beach.

"When are you two gonna go out? You can't play this, 'just friends' forever." She joked as she turns to see the horizon. The couple begins to laugh, but soon stop when a loud shot is fired into the air. The light purple haired girl, still turned, hears someone cry out in pain and fall to the ground.

Whipping her head around to locate the source of the noises, the smile on her face fades, changing to an expression of horror. A piercing scream slices through the air, as the girl falls down to her two friend's bodies. People in a near by store look over to the beach and some began to come to the two bodies lying motionless on the sand. Silence began to come in - horrified, unbelieving silence - as silent as death. One of the bodies stirs, moving painfully, trying to stand or at least untangle them. One body lies unmoving. Head against the sand, blood mingling light hair, the boy was still. Blood poured heavily from what looked liked his chest, staining the once white sand into a dark red. There was another loud shot, passing through all the people, but hitting the young girl in the back. She falls slowly to the ground, landing on her best friend's chest.

The angel had fallen.

"Destiny - the hardest thing in life to avoid. The one thing you have absolutely no control over, no say in."

Light Brown eyes blink rapidly, adjusting to the bright lights overhead. Slowly, the girl tries to sit, biting back a cry of pain when she tries to move her body. Glancing sideways, a midnight blue haired head comes into view, long shinny hair escaping the tie to fall over his face. One arm curled around his head, a boy sleeps in a chair beside the hospital bed.

A door creaks, waking him, as a doctor enters the room. Moving hair color of deep space out of her eyes, the girl looks confused at the doctor, and asks a question. In her mind there is confusing and loneliness.

The doctor's sad eyes reveal the heartbreaking truth. He shakes his head sadly, glancing at the floor as he speaks the words that shatter her life, her dreams. As he leaves the room tears begin to overflow in the girl's brown eyes, streaming down her face as she shakes her head in denial. Crying as though her heart has been ripped from her body, she curls up, head against her knees, great sobs wracking her body. Still, she has know idea why, but just seems like she should. The young man next to her pulls her into his arms, trying to reassure her while tears roll down his own face. But she pushes him away, not knowing who he is. The boy looks at her with sorrow in his eyes as he whispers something so low it was almost impossible to be heard, "Amnesia."

How can an angel fly without wings?