Pet Shop Of Horrors Fan Fiction ❯ Dealing With A Daughter ❯ I don't need a babysitter! Right? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
 
Dealing With A Daughter
 
Chapter 3: I Don't Need A Babysitter! (Right?)
 
~Katarra's Dream~
 
“Katty! Come here sweetie!” An averagely tall woman with long black, and wavy hair and cat appendages in very happy spirits called to a younger Katarra. Katarra was wearing rather large for her oriental clothing. She'd just put on her fathers robes and was running around in them happily as a 5 year old might do.
 
“Mommy!” She cried happily and tripped over the long hem of the emerald clothing. She was quickly caught by a young man who shared her long, straight black hair and dual colored eyes. “Daddy!” The young girl squealed contentedly as she was picked up.
 
The woman's name was Niako. She was a cat goddess of sorts. And of course the young man was everyone's favorite Kami, D.
 
“Now what are you doing in one of my robes silly. This will fit you much better!” D held out a smaller version of his emerald cheongsam for the little girl to see.
 
“Yay!” Katarra grabbed it and hugged it. “Thank you daddy!” She hugged him around the legs.”
 
“Your welcome Kat-chan.” D smiled and held the hand of his first ever love lovingly.
 
~Then the dream ended as Katarra rolled over and onto a very sore, very mangled wing and shot up with a yelp-
 
“OW!” Tears formed at the amount of pain that shot through her wing, spine and shoulder. The offending wing got a glare from its owner and the yelp woke D with a start.
 
“Katty, are you alright??” He asked genuinely concerned as she looked up at his standing position from his bed. She wiped a few tears away.
 
“I'm fine dad. I just rolled over on the wrong side.” She replied, cautiously touching her shoulder and wincing. It was bruised and cut and black, blue and purple. Even the light as air fabric made her wince when it touched her skin. D looked at her sympathetically and then clapped his hands together delightfully.
 
“ I'd almost forgotten!” D ran from the room before Katarra could even say one word and returned quickly with a tray of tea supplies.
 
“Uh Daddy?” She looked at him oddly, “ What's the tea for? It's 5 in the morning…” She yawned as if on cue.
 
D smiled. “Ah…but this is a special tea. It will help to relieve the pain my darling daughter.” He replied, handing her a steaming cup, which she sniffed cautiously. Finding the soothing smell of Cinnamon, she shrugged and took a sip. It was good.
 
It was damn good!
 
“Whoa…good stuff.” She commented, soon draining the cup and handing it back to her father. He took it with that ever-knowing smile as the pain relieving properties took effect almost immediately. Kat blinked a bit before lying back down on her side, facing her father, who gently pulled the warm yet light sheets up to her chin, very careful about the wings. “G'night daddy.” She muttered sleepily and was out like a light in seconds.
 
To say this was a strange night is putting it mildly. D had not seen his daughter or the one woman he loved in years. Sure, he'd sent gifts, received letters, etc etc but actually SEEN either one of them, well that was another matter entirely. Of course, the knowledge that Niako had been killed by none other than that over-zealous, arrogant, pompous, pig-headed, dim-witted, jerk of an oaf Akono, who then had the audacity to go after the naïve barely 13 year old child came as quite the shocker indeed. Especially when he'd seen the damage that the bastard had inflicted upon his daughter. Cuts, bruises, mangled appendages, it was a wonder her tail wasn't broken! Although it was sprained mildly.
 
She mewled cutely in her sleep as she reached out for anything to cling to, anything. Something her great grandfather quickly satiated as he, in the form of Q-Chan quickly zoomed to play the part of teddy bear for the girl. D smiled and laid back down on the futon set up on the floor, that tea's effects would last quite a while and hopefully he'd have time to explain many a thing to Detective Orcot when he finally got his butt there in a few hours.
 
((((((((((((((((((((((((((A few hours later!))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
Detective Leon Orcot grumbled as he made his way to that damned pet shop and it's mysterious owner. He was still getting over the fact that D had a kid. `A kid! D! Who'd of thought!?' he thought to himself as he walked down the steps, a half burned cigarette still in his mouth. And go figure, he's the one assigned to the case at the pet shop. Of course!
 
He knocked once before entering and walked straight back to that parlor of D's where D sat waiting for him with Tea and some freshly laid out breakfast items. Belgian Waffles, loads of fresh fruit sprinkled with powdered sugar and rather large and extravagant looking cinnamon buns along with the usual tea. Leon raised an eyebrow, no matter how many times he'd seen it, that array of sweets was still an eye opener to him.
 
“Geeze D, trying to turn Diabetic or what?” He commented gruffly, taking a seat and stamping out the cigarette in a pretty little ashtray on a side table.
 
“I just love sweets Detective.” D replied with that knowing smirk. He sipped a cup of tea daintily and waited for the detective to speak, as it was obvious he wanted to and badly.
 
“ D…SINCE WHEN DO YOU HAVE A KID?? “ The detective screeched at him. Pretty sure that in the story of his daughter, the story of the psychopath apparently after her would come up, hopefully.
 
“Well Detective, if you'll keep your voice down then I'll tell you. It all started years ago when I first met her mother, Niako…”
 
 
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
 
Muahahahahaha! Cliffy! -looks it over again- well…kinda? Ah hell, whatever. I'm sorry I took so long you guys but I'm trying and things jut aren't going so good for my family right now. Hells, I should be sleeping right now, gods know I've pretty much been up 24 hours…ah well, I'm off to bed now. Enjoy, Review, etc. -yawns- G'night!