Pet Shop Of Horrors Fan Fiction ❯ Denial ❯ Denial Pt 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Pet Shop of Horrors and I make no money from this or any fanfic I write
Pairing: Leon + D
Category: General/Romance
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: Shonen Ai, Language
Title: Denial
Author: yellowhorde
Status: In Progress
 
 
DENIAL
Part Seven
 
 
Slowly Leon sank down amongst the cushions of the couch as all the strength drained out of his legs. He draped his arms across his knees and bowed his head, his forehead coming to rest on his chest. His heart beat sluggishly in his chest and a fine mist of perspiration beaded his forehead despite the chill of his body.
 
"The hypothermia..." Leon mumbled, shaking his head as if to clear it, "that's what's wrong with me. I'm so freaking cold I can't think straight... That's it. No other reason... My mind's just playing some weird tricks on me."
 
He pushing a trembling hand through his hair and inhaled slowly, his breath shuddering as a particularly strong shiver took hold of him. It didn't help calm his thoughts so he tried again. Still no effect and the shivers were growing more violent by the minute.
 
"So much for those lousy relaxation techniques Jill keeps forcing down my throat," He growled. "I should've known that mystic hocus-pocus crap wouldn't work anyway. Give me a good beer any day of the week. That would set things to right in no time."
 
Unfortunately, he had no alcohol on hand and D kept the keys to his liquor cabinet hidden ever since the night he had crashed at the pet shop after getting shit-faced at a rather rambunctious engagement party for one of his high school buddies. He didn't remember much about that night except for bits and pieces. There had been so many beautiful women at the pet shop that night. So many drop dead gorgeous creatures...
 
Leon frowned as he tried to focus his memories of that night. He clearly recalled seeing that world famous ballerina, Jeanne La Croix. Aparantly she had been at the shop to see D's collection of rare birds. The very same dancer mysteriously disappeared the very next night during the production of Swan Lake in which she danced the part of the evil Odile. D had dragged him to the preformance and even though he had been with the Count through the entire show, he couldn't help but feel that the mysterious Chinese man had something to do with her disappearance. Not that he had anything in the way of proof...
 
"Pity she disappeared like that. She was a fine looking woman."
 
Leon grinned suddenly, a great wave of relief surging through him. "There is no way in Hell I'm in love with a guy!" He crowed triumphantly, "Otherwise why would I be attracted to all those foxy ladies that keep hanging around D?"
 
Chuckling, Leon brought himself back to his current predicament. To wear a dress or to not wear a dress, yes, ladies and gentlemen, that was the question. With great reluctance he held up the outfit D had given him, keeping it at arms length. He examined it critically, his eyes narrowed to slits. There was no denying the fact that it was an excellent quality garment by all accounts. It was quite lovely, actually. A shame it looked like a dress...
 
Another violent shiver tore through Leon's body hard enough to make his entire body spasm.
 
"Damn it!" Leon exclaimed through chattering teeth, "Beggars's can't be choosers and I'd rather be warm and in a dress than sit here freezing my ass off in my underwear.
 
Sighing in resignation, he reached for the frog closures that supposedly kept the garment together. He tugged uselessly at them but his hands were practically numb with cold and shaking so badly that he only managed to fumble around like a complete idiot. Gnashing his teeth in frustration, he shifted the garment around, searching for an easier way to get it on, only to find that there wasn't any other way. Well, no, that wasn't entirely true. There was one other way he could get this dress on.
 
"Why can't D spend money on clothes with zippers?" Leon groused as he slid first one arm into a sleeve than the other before pulling it over his head. "I mean, come on, man, let's get with the twentieth century already." Snorting in disgust he tugged his head through the neck hole and the cloth flowed into place.
 
"Hey, this isn't half bad," Leon muttered, liking the way the silk caressed his skin. "It's nice and roomy in the shoulders but not too loose in the chest."
 
Slowly he stood, tracing his hands down the shimmering material as he turned this way and that, admiring the outfit fit him despite his earlier protests.
 
"It's so smooth," he marveled, "And here I thought all of those little stitches would be itchy but they don't bother me at all."
 
"I'm so glad you like it, Detective." D's soft voice came from directly behind him and startled, Leon whirled around and almost lost his footing as his bare feet slipped on the wooden floor. He collapsed against the couch cushions, one hand clutching his chest.
 
"Jesus Christ, D! Don't go sneaking up on me!" Leon cried, "You'll give me a freaking heart attack."
 
D's ever present smile widened. "I am sorry, Detective." he murmured, "It was not my intentions to frighten you."
 
"Who said anything about being scared?" Leon snapped indignantly. "I'm not scared. You just startled me there."
 
"And again I apologize." D held out a small white box with a red cross on the side. "Now, why don't we attend to that cut of yours before it gets infected?"
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED...
 
I just want to thank everyone who took time out of their busy lives to read and/or review my humble story. I hope you are enjoying the story half as much as I am. I find that I really enjoy this series and hopefully there will be many more fics in the future!