Pet Shop Of Horrors Fan Fiction ❯ Nursemaid ❯ Nursemaid ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Y' know, this is priceless.” Leon grinned broadly, barely resisting the urge to break out into raucous snickering. “You've always been a real bastard. Now look at you. You're pathetic! This is f$cking hilarious. God, where the hell's my camera?”
 
T-chan sniffed miserably and, with great effort, manage to drag himself to the other side of the couch. Leon laughed. “To think the mighty Goat-bastard got taken down by a little cold... Damn, you're just too much. I'm gonna treasure this moment forever.” The totetsu snarled, but it was swallowed up by a body-shaking sneeze. 'Just wait, Blondie. Once I get a hold of -achoo!'
 
It was only Leon's quick reflexes that kept the goat-like creature from crashing to the floor. “Jeez, you're completely helpless ain't ya?”
 
'Go 'way.' T-chan growled, attempting to bite the man's hand. Another bout of sneezing stopped him.
 
“Yeah, yeah, I get it.”
 
'Get back here cow-achoo-ward! I'm not done wi-achoo-achoo-achoo-ahCHOO!' When T-chan opened his eyes he found himself wrapped in a blanket while a pissed-off detective wiped goat-snot off his face.
 
“Idiot. I thought animals were supposed to have that damn instinct stuff. DAMN! Quit struggling already! I'm tryin' to be nice here!”
 
Alright, so the blanket felt good, T-chan admitted as he released his bite on the man's forearm and extracted his back hooves from where they dug into his upper thigh. It felt very good. The cool cloth on his forehead felt good too. Even the soft rumble of the detective's voice felt good... despite the fact the man had long since ran out of dirty names to call him and had resorted to making up new ones. Drowsily, T-chan rolled his head to look up at the American. 'I won't eat you today.'
 
“Thanks,” Leon muttered, somehow knowing the goat had called a truce.
 
That was how D found them an hour later: Leon sprawled gracelessly across the couch, T-chan smothered in a blanket and curled on his chest.
 
“This is unusual,” the Chinese commented, seeing the totetsu lazily open one eye. “Nice to see you getting along.”
 
'Che. Don't get your hopes up. I'm keeping him as an after-nap snack.'
 
“Oi, you're back,” Leon mumbled, rubbing sleep from his eyes. “Your goat's sick.”
 
“He's a Totetsu. Thank you for looking after him. However... aren't you still working?”
 
“Don't worry about it. I'm on lunch break until Oh SH!T!!” The grandfather clock smugly displayed 2:15 pm. “Ah f$ck Jill's gonna have my ass!” Leon did an amusing one legged try-to-put-on-shoes-and-run-at-the-same-time dance, all the while repeating his refrain of “F$ck, f$ck, f$ck, f$ck.” He darted up the stairs leaving a bemused D with “Bebacklaterbye!” He hadn't vanished from sight for a full second before a deafening sneeze echoed outside the pet-shop.
 
“F$CKER! YOU GAVE ME YOUR F$CKING COLD! When I get off work you're DEAD!”
 
As the angry voice faded away, T-chan crossed his paws, satisfied. 'Sweet karma.'
 
D sighed, and prepared to play host to a miserable and sick detective.