Pet Shop Of Horrors Fan Fiction ❯ What kind of dreams? ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

What kind of dream?

By mimma

He couldn't get those words out of his head.

Damn idiot that he was, he'd let him self fall asleep at his desk today. Lucky the rookie had found him. Anyone else would have gone straight to the chief. He'd explained his sudden tiredness, of course, but it was a damned lame excuse.

"I didn't get much sleep last… had a dream, then…"

Amazingly, that was the truth. Then the silly bastard instead of accepting that answer and moving on, like a normal person would have, had probed further. He'd asked another question, and what a question it was.

"What kind of dream?"

What kind of dream indeed.

He'd had an epiphany when that statement hit home.

Because well, lots of people talked about dreams, but how often did they stop to think about what kind of dream? But nobody thinks to ask that 'cause you can't get dreams. Can't get different types of dream, can't get different genres of dreams.

Then.

Now, there was someone who claimed to sell dreams.

Count D.

That 'motto' of his, 'I sell only love and dreams in my petshop'.

What kind of dreams?

Good dreams?

Bad dreams?

Funny dreams?

Horror dreams?

Love dreams?

What kind of dreams?

He'd see a TV program on dreams once. Dreams, in fact all emotions stem from the subconscious. Emotions we don't even know exist are in our subconscious. Like how he blamed Chris just the littlest bit for their mom's death. So the dream he had had was just the way he had come to terms with it.

Maybe that was what that guy… Ethan had done. He felt so guilty for making Evangeline commit suicide that he wanted her to forgive him. He wanted it so much that when he got the chance he jumped at it. Only… maybe he was confusing his dreams… he thought his second chance dream was one of the goals he would set… not the dreams from his subconscious… And the dreams from your subconscious go wrong. He'd never thought that there might be another ending to the dream. That it would turn bad.

Maybe D just didn't--- No. No. No.

Jesus, when could he actually think without that stupid guy entering his thoughts?! And after that dream last night…

**********************************************************************

"yes sir. Back to work sir."

Wouldn't he ever stop dreaming?

______________________________________________________________________

well? This just popped into my mind during history today. My take on the Leon/D front is that they're under some serious denial.