Pirates Of The Caribbean Fan Fiction ❯ Beautiful Betrayal ❯ Beautiful Betrayal ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters from "Pirates" nor the lyrics to this song.
This was written as a challenge on my "Pirates" yahoo group. Will's thoughts after seeing Elizabeth kiss Jack at the end of "Dead Man's Chest" I don't actually know the song but it was the one given to us so this is what I came up with.

Enjoy the Silence by: Depeche Mode




Words like violence
Break the silence
Come crashing in
Into my little world
Painful to me
Pierce right through me
Cant you understand
Oh my little girl

"Get into the long boat!" Will's instinct to survive kicked in and, while he heard voices and people shouting orders, his only conscious thoughts were of safety. They had to get off of the ship before the kraken attacked again. He busied himself working along side Mr. Gibbs and a few other remaining crewmen, doing their best to get the boat ready. He had lost sight of Elizabeth in the confusion and his heart nearly stopped in his chest. Where was she? He turned back towards the deck of the ship and froze, his body acknowledging what he was witnessing before his mind would accept it. There was Elizabeth, his only love, kissing Jack Sparrow.

All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm


Elizabeth rushed to the boat and informed them that Jack had chosen to stay behind. The look of heartbreak on her face nearly shredded his own heart. Had his absence, his attempt to protect and save her life, left such a void that she would turn to another man? She offered no explanations or apologies, so he didn't ask for them.


Vows are spoken
To be broken
Feelings are intense
Words are trivial
Pleasures remain
So does the pain
Words are meaningless
And forgettable


"I love you, Will." The soft sound of Elizabeth's voice played in his mind as he sat silently on the boat. Had the words ever held any truth or had she merely been captivated with the thought of him as a pirate rather than the honest man that he was? If she could look a man in the eye on the day they were to be married and say she loved him and then turn to another man out of desire so soon after, was she really any better than the whores that occupied Tortuga? The thought left him in deep despair, for to him, Elizabeth had always been perfect.


All I ever wanted
All I ever needed
Is here in my arms
Words are very unnecessary
They can only do harm


A veil of sadness was looming over Tia Dalma's small shack. Everyone was lost in their own thoughts and memories, wondering what the world would be like without Captain Jack Sparrow in it.

Will sat quietly, contemplating what his life would become. When Will was young, he had lost his mother and had never known his father. All of the trust that had remained inside of him, had been placed in the heart of the young girl that had been there the day he had been rescued. He had protected her, risked his life for her and loved her. But had he truly loved her for who she was or because he was drowning in a sea of loneliness and she was the only thing for him to hold onto? The question left him searching his own soul for answers that weren't nearly as clear as they had been on their wedding day.

Enjoy the silence


Finally, he looked to Elizabeth. Her eyes were bloodshot, the pain and anguish she felt was quite apparent. As much as he wanted to spend his life with her, he couldn't, if he believed it would make her unhappy. If her fate truly rested with another man, then he wouldn't interfere. He still loved her far too much.


"If there were a way to get Jack back...?" Before Elizabeth could give him an answer, Tia Dalma quickly took over the conversation. At one time, he might have found her words completely ridiculous. However, the idea that Jack could be brought back wasn't as far fetched as it might have seemed just a year earlier. Everyone answered, of course they wanted Jack back, and would go to the world's end to find him. The look of near desperation, laced with guilt, on Elizabeth's face was the only answer Will needed. He had foolishly believed her to be perfect, flawless...what an angel would be if one walked the Earth.


The others continued to listen to the woman talk of the World's end, where they would find Jack Sparrow. Will, however, fell into silent acceptance of what had been and what would be. A life without Elizabeth.