Pita Ten Fan Fiction ❯ Azure Sky ❯ Sapphire rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sapphire rain

 

~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

The rain lapped against him, above and all around him. He struggled against the wind, as it howled and pushed him almost blowing him over with its fury. He cursed inwardly.

`Stupid rain'

The rain howled its fury. Louder and louder boomed the thunder! It shook the ground and made him tremble himself.

`Why oh why did I choose today to stay for review? Why didn't I watch the stinking weather channel this morning??' He cursed again, and then allowed himself to smile through the pouring rain. He knew why. He always had known. It was the same every morning. Every morning was the same routine.

He would wake, and take a few moments to think about things. His thoughts….they were always the same.

`Misha..'

He still didn't know his feelings for her. She was crazy...no doubt about that. But he was puzzled with her. She tried her best, and was always honest. She had wings…but were they real??? Misha had always seemed so…friendly. Not warm like Shia, but there was something about her that drawed you toward her. She never made him feel alone. But he still could not deny the fact that sometimes Misha went overboard.

He hurried through the rain; his boots splashing threw the puddles. He stopped, and stared at his reflection in a clear puddle.

He saw the raven hair and boyish features of a sixth grader. Yet inside, he knew he wasn't. He was different. Always was, always would be.

That's another thing he liked about Misha...Shia to. They liked him for who he was. Even if he was more grown up inside.

Huge drops of rain fell into the puddle, rippling it and blurring his image. It reminded him again that he had to get home.

He ran once again, gripping his books tightly. Up ahead he could see his apartment building, and he inwardly thanked the gods.

He finally managed to reach his door, and fumbled with the keys. Finally, he managed to open the door and he exploded into the house, which surprisingly was…. warm?

"KOTAROU-KUN!!! KOTAROU-KUN!!!! WHOHOO YOUR HOME!!!!!! SU!"

" Yes Misha I am. Now please stop all that yelling!'

Misha was wearing her favorite bunny pajamas, he noted. She seemed extremely hyper…as usual.

"Misha-chan how long have you been here?"

"Lemme see.."

Misha scratched her head, and then bonked it as she remembered.

"Me been here long long time waiting for Kotarou-kun. Su! Me came here to keep house warm for Kotarou-kun when he came."

His eyes widened then softened at her honesty.

"Well then thank you Misha-chan. Thank you."

She gave him a big grin.

" Now me SOOO happy! Su! Me glad I could help Kotarou-kun!"

He smiled a little at that answer. Misha always wanted his happiness. It made him happy, yet angry with her for always wanting others happiness. He glanced out the window, which was open. He sighed.

"Misha what have I told you about using your wings? Do you want people to know about them?"

He still could not quite believe it. Couldn't believe that Misha could fly. He couldn't believe that she was a possible angel. He wouldn't believe that.

Misha simply smiled.

" Me's an angel! Su! Tee hee he!"

He sighed. That was a typical Misha answer.

He continued to stare out the window. The rain made a lulling sound, and now that he was inside it seemed almost gentle. He watched as the rain beat down on a single flower outside. The flower stood tall, taking the rain's punishment.

"KOTAROU-KUN!! KOTAROU-KUN!! ARE YOU IN THERE?"

Misha tapped his head. He swatted her hand away.

"Misha stop that."

She pouted, and looked out the window to.

The rain continued to beat the flower. It was a rose, a beautiful rose.

"Shia-chan left today. Suuuu."

"Oh? And where did she go?"

"Me don't know. Su. She just said she would be gone for awhile."

He felt it again. The deep yet soft burning, a burning inside. What was this feeling?

Shia...she reminded him so much of his mother. Her kindness, her food…everything about her. Yet his like for her…didn't seem right somehow. Maybe it wasn't meant to be. His thinking was always this way. Always came to this conclusion.

What was he supposed to believe? Who was he destined to be with?

Misha quietly watched Kotarou. She could tell he was thinking about something sad from the look on his face. Maybe she could help solve that!!!

Misha suddenly stood up and jumped through the open window and into the pouring rain. Kotarou instantly jolted from his position.

"Misha-chan!!! Are you crazy?? Get back in here before you get sick!!"

"TEE HEE HE!! IT'S FUN OUT HERE!! SU!! COME PLAY WITH ME KOTAROU-KUN!!"

Misha danced and twirled amid the wet grass, laughing her heart out. He couldn't help but watch her playful antics, before going after her. As soon as he was outside, he could feel the rain's fury on him once again.

" Misha! Go back in please!!" He took a leap and tried to catch her. Misha merely dodged and giggled at him. The rain was beating down on him, as if trying to smother him.

"Catch me Kotarou-Kun!!!"

"Misha!!!"

He ran after her once again. She was running through the yard, graceful and free. Suddenly she stopped and he crashed into her back. He clutched his face in pain. That was definitely going to be a lump tomorrow.

" Misha now that you have come to your senses will you please go in now?"

Misha's answer was to sink to her knees in the wet grass. She cupped something in between her palms. He looked over her shoulder to see. It was a flower, which also seemed to have taken the rain's punishment. Unlike the rose, this flower wasn't strong enough to take the rain. It's spine had been broken in many places, and it's leaves were dried and falling each second. The flower's petals were a soft pink color. The petals had not been ruined by the rain, drops were frozen on them shining and sparkling like stars.

He quietly sat down beside her, and drew his knees up to his chin. He stole a look at Misha. She looked quiet and somber as she stared at the flower. He wanted to say something, yet didn't know what. There was hardly a time when Misha was quiet or thoughtful. He decided to ask her what troubled her.

"Misha what is wrong? You can tell me….if you want to."

Misha turned to look at him.

" It's just that…me don't want the pretty flower to die. Suuu." He plucked some petals from her hand and blew them into the rain, where they danced on the wind.

She understood. She looked toward the sky and the rain ran down her cheeks like sapphire tears.