Pita Ten Fan Fiction ❯ How to is the Way to Go ❯ How to Deal With New Competition ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

How to is the Way to Go by AB-Angel

 

Disclaimer: Oh well, I know there's no escaping the fact that Pita-Ten doesn't belong to me. Oh boo hoo!

 

Spoilers: Well, not really. If there are then please forgive me.

 

Author's Note: First Pita-Ten fic. This would've been my favorite manga if DN Angel never came along, but it did so it's my second favorite manga. I want to watch the anime! I love Pita-Ten, I wouldn't consider it Shoujo or Shounen really. It's more for both audiences. It's funny, sweet, good-looking girls, one being naked at one point, you know. The whole guy and girl thing. So here it is!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

 

AB-Angel: I never thought I'd find myself around the Pita-Ten cast, plus my own original characters as always. Come on! Introduce yourself to Kotarou and friends.

 

Tetsuya: Hi, I'm Tetsuya Arakawa. I'm an elementary school student.

 

Everyone else: HI TETSUYA!

 

AB-Angel: This isn't one of those rehab programs.

 

Everyone puts their hands behind their head. Everyone: Sorry!

 

Tetsuya laughs a little. Tetsuya: I'm eleven years old and I like karaoke and drawing. Um, what else? I also like hanging with friends, that's good too.

 

Takashi: Don't worry then. You're with friends. Welcome to the group!

 

AB-Angel: What did I say?!

 

Takashi: Just joking man!

 

AB-Angel: Anyways! Now that you've met Tetsuya Arakawa, we can begin with the fic!

 

Chapter 1- How to Deal With New Competition

 

A new day can always bring surprises, but this particular day will indeed bring great surprise to Takashi Ayanokoji, Kotarou Higuchi, Koboshi Uematsu, and Hiroshi Miterai at school.

 

"So, you think once again Takashi has stolen the first spot from Dai-chan?" Koboshi asks the group.

 

"Well, it has been happening quite too many times. I think we know who." Takashi reminds them as he receives the sheet with the top 100 students. As he opens it up to see again, shock strikes him. "WHAT??? I'm not first!"

 

The other three immediately gather around him to see who's first. "What? Ten-chan's not first! Then who is?" Koboshi wonders.

 

"It's probably me! I finally did it!" Hiroshi gloats.

 

"Dream on." Takashi tells him then looks at the sheet. "Hmm, who is this? Tetsuya Arakawa?" Suddenly, a red haired boy talking to some other students turns around to them.

 

"Yes? You called." Koboshi then becomes mesmerized at his face.

 

"(Woah! He's dreamy, almost as dreamy as Kotarou.)" She compares the violet haired boy to the crimson haired boy.

 

"You said my name. What is it?" the boy with hair about the same length as Kotarou asks.

 

"Oh, we were just surprised that's all. It's weird because I've been rank one the entire time." Takashi points out.

 

"Well, you can't always be at the top." The indigo eyed boy comments.

 

"Yeah, I guess." Takashi agrees.

 

Suddenly, Hiroshi dashes up to Tetsuya and loudly asks, "You've got to tell me your secret! How did you top Ten-chan?!"

 

"Woah! Wait a minute!" He takes out his cell phone and puts it to his ear. "I put it on vibrate." He tells them, making them be silent. "Yeah, uh huh. Sure, yeah. Bye bye!" He puts his cell phone away. "You," He says to Hiroshi, "that was the cool police. They said they were coming to arrest you for not being cool. Meaning, you're a loser." Tetsuya makes fun of him.

 

"What?! How dare you?!" Hiroshi yells out.

 

Takashi then silently says to the others, "I like this kid. He's funny."

 

"Don't be so harsh on Miterai. He tries really hard." Koboshi kind of defends him.

 

"Miterai? That's your name?" Tetsuya asks him.

 

"Yeah. I'm from the great Miterai family!" Hiroshi says with great pride.

 

"Whatever, John." Tetsuya calls him.

 

"John?" The other three says in confusion.

 

"Oh, I've lived in America for a few years and there, some people refer to the toilet as the John." Tetsuya explains.

 

"Really? Here we just call him Poops." Takashi points out.

 

"Oh. Then his name can be John Poops." They all laugh.

 

"You're funny man! You should hang with us. We could use a guy like you." Takashi tells him.

 

"Sure. Always nice to meet people. So who are you guys?" He asks the group. He then looks at Hiroshi. "Introductions aren't necessary for you Johnny Poops." He comments.

 

This makes Hiroshi even angrier at their insolence. "That's it! I'm out of here!" He grabs his bag and leaves.

 

"That was unexpected." Kotarou says. "Oh, yeah. I'm Kotarou Higuchi. Please to meet you."

 

"I'm Koboshi Uematsu."

 

"And I'm Takashi Ayanokoji, former rank one of the class."

 

"It's cool meeting you all." He tells them. During the school day, Tetsuya hangs with the other three and gets to know them better. School ends and Kotarou and Koboshi have to leave the other two since they have cram school.

 

Tetsuya meets up with Takashi at the train station and they begin conversing. "You don't go to cram school Tetsuya?" Takashi asks.

 

"Nope, and I'm guessing you don't either." He responds.

 

Takashi then puts his hands behind his head. "I guess that'd be weird to the rest of the class. The top two students don't even go to cram school." Takashi confirms.

 

"I don't think it's all that weird." Tetsuya comments.

 

"Why do you say that?" Takashi asks, a little confused.

 

"Well, I believe it's because we don't go to cram school that we're doing better, you get what I'm saying?" Takashi nods sideways. "Well, what I'm saying is that without cram school, we have more time to ourselves. More freedom. I'm not saying cram school is bad, but I think it's not good for kids our age to be taking it. Look at you and me, we're like the two most cheerful kids in our class and we're the only two who don't go to cram school. My parents told me that if you try and stuff too many things into a kid's mind before they even get a chance to be a kid, they're going to be miserable for the rest of their lives." Tetsuya explains.

 

"I've never thought about that way. I'm guessing it's also like a brain overload with all that studying." Takashi adds.

 

"That could be it too." Tetsuya then sits back. "I remember my parents also saying that cram school used to be only for high school students. I wonder why they lowered it to elementary school?" He asks Takashi, not really expecting an answer.

 

"Maybe they think it'd be better for the kids." Takashi guesses.

 

"Hm, maybe." Tetsuya agrees somewhat.

 

"But there's something I don't get. How come just suddenly you beat me? I don't even remember seeing your name in the top." Takashi asks him.

 

"You've never seen my name at third or fourth place?' Tetsuya asks him.

 

"Oh, I guess not." Takashi replies.

 

"Well, if you must know, it's my parents. They want me to at least place highest in the class, like my older brother always did, once before I get out of elementary school. So I studied and reviewed and tested myself. It wasn't easy, but I think I could be there for a little bit." Tetsuya explains to him.

 

"Looks like Poops has more competition. Poor little guy. He can't even get over the fact that I keep on constantly topping him. Now you're even pushing him further down." Takashi tells him.

 

"Hmph. His fault. It's not our fault that we're naturally smart and work hard to do good." Tetsuya comments.

 

[AN: I need to follow Tetsuya's example.]

 

"I guess. Maybe if he focused more on doing good for himself, instead of topping me, he might be able to do better." Takashi explains.

 

"Well, enough about him. What are you planning to do today?" Tetsuya asks his new friend.

 

"I'm going to go see Shia, she's a friend of ours that works at a cafe my uncle runs. I'm going to tell her the news of what happened today. She's going to be surprised when she finds out I've been beaten by someone else." Takashi answers.

 

"I really have nothing to do today. Can I tag along? I'd like to meet her. (Something about that name sounds very familiar.)" Tetsuya asks.

 

"Sure! I think Shia would like to meet the boy who topped me." He gets up and motions Tetsuya to stand up. "Come on! Let's go see her now. I'll show you the way." They start running over to see Shia.

 

Not long after, they reach the place. "Hello welcome to..."

 

"Hi Shia! It's me, Takashi!" He calls out to her.

 

"Oh, hi Ten-chan. How are you doing today?" Shia nicely asks.

 

"I'm fine. You'll never believe what happened!" Takashi tells her.

 

"Really? Does it have something to do with your new friend?" She asks looking at Tetsuya.

 

"(I've seen her face before! But where?) Oh, I'm Tetsuya Arakawa. Nice to meet you." He introduces himself.

 

"Very nice to meet you. I'm sure we could be friends." Shia smiles warmly at him.

 

"(Wow, she's pretty.)" Tetsuya thinks to himself.

 

"Anyways!" Takashi interrupts, "What I wanted to tell you is that I'm no longer rank one in my class. I was beaten by Tetsuya." Takashi tells Shia.

 

"Really? That's surprising. You must work very hard like Ten-chan." Shia comments.

 

"Well, I try." Tetsuya responds.

 

"That's good. I'm glad that both of you are friends now. Just like Dai-chan and Ten-chan." Shia adds.

 

"Who ever said we were friends?" Takashi jokes.

 

"You're not? But he's always with you guys." Shia realizes.

 

"I'm just kidding. Me and ol' Poops are buddies, but Tet-kun here is much funnier and we have more in common." Takashi points out.

 

"I'm happy." She smiles warmly at both of them.

 

"(She's so perfect.)" Takashi proclaims.

 

"(She's so kind and loving. I wonder if her and Takashi have a thing going.)" Tetsuya tells himself.

 

"So what are you two going to do today?" Shia asks the two boys.

 

"Well, we're going to get to know each other a little better then maybe go home afterwards. I don't think that Tetsuya's parents know that he's here." Takashi answers.

 

"It doesn't matter. I don't have any parents. They both died. I live with my aunt and cousins." Tetsuya informs them.

 

"Oh, that sucks. What happened?" Takashi asks.

 

"My father, Yoshihiro was his name, died of a heart attack, and my mom, Hideki, died of heartbreak not so long after. I used to have an older brother, Masanori, who was only fourteen when he was killed in a shooting. She couldn't take anymore of the sadness and soon died a month after my father." Tetsuya explains to them.

 

"That's terrible. It must've been so hard for you. Losing three loved ones in such a short time." Shia sympathizes for him.

 

"I know, but I tried to not let it affect my life so much, because I have a little brother, his name is Jin and he's only six years old. He doesn't know about his older brother because he was only three when he died. But when my parents passed away, he wouldn't stop crying. I told myself that I must remain strong for him." He continues explaining.

 

Tears start forming in Shia's eyes and widened eyes for Takashi. "If I ever knew someone who had to go through that I'd be there with them the entire way, helping them through it." Takashi tries to make him feel better.

 

"But what about your aunt? Why wouldn't it matter that you came back right away?" Shia then asks, wiping away her tears.

 

"My cousins worrying, but they know that I try to avoid coming home because my aunt hates me. She was forced to take me in. My cousins were all for the idea, but my aunt doesn't even treat me like family. She takes care of my little brother but doesn't even care about me. That's why I stay away from home as long as I can." Tetsuya explains to them, trying to show no signs of being sad.

 

"This is a lot to have to put up with. If I ever had to go through that I wouldn't know what to do." Takashi tells him.

 

"But, it's okay." He then smiles at them. "I'm over it and I have to live with it so it's okay, really." He assures them.

 

"Sheesh, and I thought I had it bad." Takashi compares.

 

"What do you mean? What's it like with you?" Tetsuya asks.

 

"My father's sick, so my parents aren't able to pay for me taking entrance exams to the same middle school Kotarou and the others are going to." Takashi tells him.

 

"That still sucks, but yeah. I guess we both have very good reasons for trying to be in the top." Tetsuya jokes. He then gets up. "I'd better get going. My cousins are probably getting really worried about me." He nearly lies. Shia then notices a tear going down his face as he turns away to leave.

 

"Ten-chan, go comfort him. He's crying." Shia advises him.

 

"What? Really? I didn't notice. How come he's crying. He said he's okay with it." Takashi reminds her.

 

"That's what he said, but I think inside he's still hurting a lot." Shia informs him.

 

"I have to help him. We just met but I can't let him run off like that. It's not right." Takashi gets up and runs after Tetsuya. He sees Tetsuya running, covering his face to hide his crying. Takashi runs faster to catch up with him.

 

Suddenly, one of the signs off a store, that's run down, breaks off and is about to crush Tetsuya. Takashi runs as fast as he can and pulls Tetsuya back right before it could hit him. "You...you saved me." The startled Tetsuya realizes.

 

"What are friends for?" Takashi tells him, while regaining his breath.

 

His eyes fill with more tears, "I'm sorry this happened, but I was miserable with my life I just wanted everything to end! I didn't want to include anyone in my life! Cause if anything would have happen to me, they'd end up being hurt! Just like I've been for the past three years!" Tetsuya cries as he leans on Takashi.

 

"It's okay man. Nothing bad is going to happen to you. I promise." Takashi comforts him.

 

Tetsuya then tries his best to stop crying and gets up to face Takashi. "Sniff, I'm sorry. It's just, telling that story for the first time had such a great affect on me. No matter how much I try to hide it, it's always there haunting me." Tetsuya explains.

 

"(This is just like Kotarou and his mom.)" Takashi remembers.

 

"Please forget this all happened. Everyone who knows me will be shocked to find out if any of this happened." Tetsuya requests.

 

"I can't, but I promise I won't tell anyone. Come on, Shia's really worried about you. She was the one who told me to go after you and help you out." Takashi informs him.

 

"Really? Shia, (how did she know?)" Tetsuya wonders. Takashi helps him up.

 

AN: Sorry for the dumb form of an accident. I wanted to use a car almost running him over but that was already used in the original so I just thought of something more unexpected.

 

"So this is the first time you've ever told anyone how you've been living?" Takashi asks him.

 

"Yes, like I said, I never tried to get close to anyone, but I guess you kind of messed that up. But it's okay, I'm happy that we're friends." Tetsuya smiles again, wiping away the rest of his tears.

 

"Yeah, me too. Come on, Shia's probably worrying her head off." They run back to the cafe.

 

----------Meanwhile, Kotarou was just on his way to see Takashi and Shia since they were able to get out of cram school early today and just witnessed everything that happened.

 

"(What was that all about? Did Takashi just save Tetsuya's life? What was happening in there?)" Kotarou then starts running to catch up to the other two.

 

-----------Back to Takashi and Tetsuya

 

They reenter the cafe. "Are you okay Tetsuya? I sent Takashi after you cause I sensed that you were still troubled." Shia tells the red head boy.

 

"It's all good. I feel better now." Tetsuya responds and proves it to them with a bright smile.

 

"I'm glad it turned out good." Shia smiles back, then Takashi joins in. Then, the door swings open.

 

"I SAW EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED!!" Kotarou yells out. The other three immediately turn to him.

 

"(What? He saw everything! Where was he?)" Tetsuya wonders.

 

"What do you mean?" Shia asks.

 

"Takashi just saves Tetsuya's life. They didn't tell you." Kotarou informs her.

 

She suddenly covers her mouth. "What happened?" She says with great concern.

 

Kotarou becomes the one to tell her, only because Takashi and Tetsuya wants to know how he knew. "I was on my way here to see you guys because cram school let out early today for some reason, when I saw Ten-chan pulling away Tet-kun from a falling sign. (Since when do signs fall?)" Kotarou explains to her.

 

"Are you two okay? Are you hurt?" She runs over and starts looking at their arms to check for anything.

 

"We're both fine. Ten-chan pulled me away before any damage was done." Tetsuya assures her.

 

"Okay, if you say so." She stops examining them.

 

"But really, what was happening here that caused all this?" Kotarou asks the group.

 

Takashi looks at Tetsuya and sees that he doesn't want to tell anyone anytime soon. "Sorry Kotarou, but Tetsuya doesn't want to repeat what he told me and Shia." Takashi tells him.

 

"Okay, I understand, if you don't to tell then I'll just let it be." Kotarou takes the answer and responds positively. "So what are you guys up to anyway?" Kotarou then asks.

 

"Oh, we're just talking, getting to know each other better." Takashi answers, Tetsuya nodding along in agreement.

 

"That's cool. Well, I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I'd better be going. Misha's probably lonely without me around to bug. See you guys later. Bye Shia! See you back at the house." Kotarou runs off and goes home.

 

"At home?" Tetsuya asks, confused.

 

"Misha is Kotarou's neighbor who not so long ago let Shia live with her." Takashi briefly explains.

 

"Oh, I get it. Must be nice living with someone you know well." Tetsuya comments.

 

"Yeah, it'd be awesome if Koboshi, Kotarou, and I were all living near each other. Then we'd always be able to hang out no matter what." Takashi tells him.

 

"I wish I could always be around people who care about me." Tetsuya wishes.

 

"Well, you still have your cousins right? You said that they about you." Takashi remembers and reminds him.

 

"I know, but all of them combined can't really make up for their mom's hate for me. I can't stand living with a relative that hates me. It would almost hurt me everytime I see them." Tetsuya explains to him.

 

"No wonder. Uh, this conversation's getting depressing again. Can we change the subject?" Takashi asks while putting his hand behind his head.

 

"Oh, sure. I was wondering why we were going back to that. So how about school? I see that I'm some kind of new competition for you." Tetsuya changes the subject.

 

"All I can say is what will it be? Rivals or partners helping each other doing our best?" Takashi then asks him.

 

"Hmm, the sound of rivals sounds interesting but I think I've already created one. That poops kid, let's just stick together. It should be more fun that way, and we get to hang out more." Tetsuya answers.

 

"Comrades it is." They give each other a friendly punch in the hand. "(All this in one day. I wonder what it'll be like for Kotarou and the others when they finally get to know Tetsuya. What will tomorrow bring with him? This has been one heck of a day, but I'm happy that it happened.)" Takashi tells himself.

 

"(This is great! So long I've been distancing myself from other, but finally, I've made a friend who truly understands my situation and can relate. If Ten-chan's this great a person, I wonder what the others are like?)" Tetsuya wonders. "(Oh well, I guess that time will tell.)" He tells himself.

 

"So I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow. It's getting late." Takashi informs him.

 

"Oh, sure. See ya tomorrow." He waves bye and takes off. Once Tetsuya's out of sight. "Hmph, I guess that's the most unique way to deal with new competition." Takashi jokes to himself. "See ya Shia!" Takashi tells her.

 

"Bye Ten-chan! Happy meeting your new friend!" She waves bye to him as he takes off after Tetsuya.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------

 

AB-Angel: I can't believe I already finished the first chapter! This is different. I wasn't expecting to put a depressing background that's worse than Kotarou's and Takashi's. I wanted Tetsuya to become best friends with Kotarou first but I guess the time seemed better with Takashi. I know this fic is on mm.org but ff.net doesn't have Pita-Ten so I have to resort to this. Please read and review! The second chapter will come out a lot faster if you do! Time to ask the characters to see what they thought. So Takashi, what do you think of Tetsuya?

 

Takashi: Funny and very kind. I really wasn't expecting something so deep coming from him. He seems like too much of a happy person to be sad.

 

AB-Angel: Well, maybe because many people who act too happy and cheerful tend to be trying to hide a sad or shocking secret.

 

Takashi: I guess.

 

AB-Angel: How about you Kotarou?

 

Kotarou: Well, I really haven't gotten to know him, but I would say he's pretty cool.

 

AB-Angel: That's good to see one of my creations are making you guys happy. Let's see what Koboshi thinks.

 

Koboshi: He's dreamy, but Kotarou's still my number one!

 

AB-Angel: Okay. How about Shia?

 

Shia: He's sweet, but needs to be more open and accepting of his past to be able to move on with his life better.

 

AB-Angel: You hear that Tetsuya?

 

Tetsuya: Yes, I know.

 

AB-Angel: Well, that's all the characters that really met Tetsuya. Soon it'll be the rest. And remember, reviewing will result in very much faster updating. See ya in my other fanfics and next chapter!