Please Teacher! Fan Fiction ❯ It's Been Two Years ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Far from Earth, a pirate ship made its way through deep space. During their voyage they had acquired many possessions, among them being one Mizuho Kazami. Or Mizuho Kusanagi, depending on what paperwork one looked up. She had been aboard their ship for two years now; they'd taken her just minutes after her and Kei's wedding. She was still wearing her wedding dress, since her captors were too lazy to give her a change of clothes. Technically, the dress wasn't hers, but at the moment she was in no mood to care about technicalities.

She looked at her ring, which Kei had given to her just before their never-to-be kiss. She often found herself wondering how he was coping with all this back on Earth. She would never forgive herself if she found out that losing her had sent him into another standstill. They'd just met, though, and she wasn't sure he cared for her enough to be so affected. They only got married, in fact, to get themselves out of a situation brought on by her own carelessness.

In fact, Mizuho couldn't assume he would even remember her. Often, when an observer went missing, everyone who'd come into contact with this person would be made to forget. She couldn't help being saddened by the idea of no one on Earth realizing she'd ever been there. She chose to believe they'd been allowed to keep their memories of her.

Of course, none of this prevented galactic authorities from searching for her. Her mother Hatsuho and her sister Maho were no doubt conducting a search of their own. If and when those two caught up to her, she wondered, would anyone be around to save the pirates from Maho's wrath? She found this thought somewhat amusing.

For the time being, all Mizuho could do was try to endure her captivity.