Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Pokémon Fashion Flash ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 19: Pokémon Fashion Flash

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine makes a stop over at Scissor Street just downtown of Hop Hop Hop Town.

"Why did we stop by here?" Sora asked.

"Well I had interest in this place for quite some time," Illima admitted. "This place is famous for bringing out the latest fashion trends just for Pokémon."

"But that dosen't answer the question on why we're here," Sora pointed out.

"No," Illima admitted. "But you'll have to wait and see for yourselves."

They walked by a poster which has a golden yellow fox Pokémon with nine tails with an orange tip at the end of each tail and a purple moth Pokémon with black eyes, along with two white fangs protruding from its mouthpart. Venomoth has a head, thorax, and abdomen. And wings that's larger than its body.

They walk by a beauty shop with a very long line as the Pokémon are anxiously waiting to go inside.

"This place must very popular if it's got this much business," Sophocles said.

"Are you kidding?" One of the waiting customers asked. "This is called 'Salon de Poké.' The hottest fashion salon in Scissor Street! This place opened up just two months ago! And business has been booming!"

"And the guys who run it are miracle workers!" another customer said. "These two are called the Fasion Kings of Scissor Street!"

Inside the Salode Poké, the place is ran by two homosexual men. One is wearing what appears to be a biker's outfit and the other is wearing a purple and white sleeveless shirt with a french beret with crimson sweat pants. Currently, they are tending to a Raichu and a Dodrio.

"Marvelous! Marvelous!" the biker said tending to Raichu. "When I'm done with you; you'll be the envy of every of mouse Pokémon in the city!"

"Oui mon ami," the second man said in a French accent. He was making Dodrio look like an 1980's rock star with "But wait til you see ze work I did for le Dodrio."

Once the stylists were finished, they presented Raichu and Dodrio to the costumer waiting reading a magazine while waiting for her Pokémon. She wore a blue dress and glasses.

"Madame," the biker called out. "Your Raichu and Dodrio are fini!"

The woman looked at her two Pokémon awestrucked.

"Oh my goodness!" the woman exclaimed. "They both look fabulous! You two outdo yourselves every time!"

"We aim to please madame," the French stylist said.

Raichu and Dodrio looked at the mirror across from them and had a dreaded look on their faces. They obviously don't like what they saw. The woman left with her two Pokémon after paying for their of services.

Once she was out of sight, the two men gave off a frown.

"I don't know how much longer I have to speak in that French Accent," the second "stylist" said getting out of the accent.

"Don't worry, Frank," the first stylist said. "Our hard work will pay off soon. All these idiots care about is making their Pokémon stand out; and all we care about is getting rich off of it!"

"I hope that it was worth it, Carl," Frank said. "I just hope my voice doesn't break from this phony accent."

It turns out that the place was being run by a couple of con artists. Con artists pretending to be openly gay men when they're actually brothers. The two con artists talked among themselves for a bit.

Outside, the group saw the latsest customer leave the place.

"I can see why it's so popular," Lillie said.

"But I don't think that the Pokémon like it," Kairi said.

"Why not?" Mallow asked wanting to know what she meant.

"Just look at those two," Kairi said. "They seem to treat their Pokémon like they're fashion accessories."

Eight of the Alolan nine all nodded while Illima was looking around the place. Sora looked at him like something was wrong.

"Illima?" Sora looked at his friend.

"It's gotta be around here somewhere," Illima said. He looked and looked until he found what he was looking for. It looked like a Pokémon massage parlor. They go inside and they stop a young woman with aquamarine hair and violet eyes giving a Chansey a very good massage. "This is the place I was looking for." They all looked at Chansey's skin as it glowed a bright shine.

"There," the woman said. "Now you'll have more energy!"

"Chansey! Chansey!" Chansey said striking a pose in front of the mirror. The customer inside , a flamboyant man who happens to be Chansey's trainer.

"So where's my precious Chansey?" he got his answer when they walked up to her customer. "Ooh! You look absolutely gorgeous! Suzie! I am so glad I came in here, because you are a wonderful worker!"

"Thank you very much," Suzie said. "Your praise makes it all worth it."

"We'll see you soon, Suzie," the customer said as he left with Chansey. Suzie looks over to the group and she recognizes one of them.

"Illima?" Suzie blurted out. "Is that really you?"

"Hello Suzie," Illima said. "I can see that you're doing well for yourself."

"You too," Suzie said. "But who're your friends?"

"Allow me to introduce them to you," Illima started. "Meet Sora, Kairi, Kiawe, Lana, Sophocles, Mallow, Lillie, Acerola, Mina, and Hapu. Everyone allow me introduce you to Suzie; an old friend of mine from my childhood."

"Nice to meet you," Lillie greeted.

"It's very nice to meet you too," Suzie said. "Illima told me about you from his letters."

"He writes to you about us?" Kiawe raised a brow.

"Well he did from when he was attending the Pokémon School in Alola," Suzie admitted. "But Sora and Kairi are new to me."

"Did he even tell you about a trainer named Riku?" Lana asked.

"Of course," Suzie nodded. "Him and his Eevee."

"Is that so?" Sora said as he looked around the room. He stopped looking when something caught his eye. It was a Litten taking a nap a red chair. "Is that a Litten over there?"

"A Litten?" Kiawe asked looking at what Sora was looking at. "I'll be damed! It is!"

Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at the sleeping cat Pokémon.

Litten, the Fire Cat Pokémon

Type: Fire

It spends even the smallest amount of downtime grooming its fur with its tongue. Loose fur gathers in its stomach and serves as fuel for fiery moves. Trying to pet Litten before it trusts you will result in a nasty scratch from its sharp claws. Be careful.

Litten stirs awake and saw the newcomers looking at it.

"Your Litten is such a little cutie," Kairi gushed.

"Litten isn't mine actually," Suzie corrected her. "I just left a bowl of milk for it just two nights ago, but it hasn't left since."

"Well I guess he won't mind if I pet him for a bit," Kairi was about to do so when Litten hissed at her and swiped a claw at her. "Or maybe he does mind." Kairi pulled her hand back not wanting to get scratched.

"Litten doesn't like anyone trying to get close to it," Suzie said. "Litten only opens up to me."

"You don't think it's only beacuse Suzie's been nice to Litten is the reason for that?" Sora asked.

"It seems likely," Kairi said. She looks at Litten still glaring at her.

Illima looked at Suzy remembering the times they had as kids. They would play all sorts of games and splash each other with the sea water. Illima was ashamed to admit it, but he had the biggest crush on her. So he decided to tell her how felt, but he waited too long to do it. Illima was shocked to hear that she was moving to Kanto. They swore that they would write each other very often. Illima decided to tell Suzie his feelings the next time he saw her. It wouldn't be the same to do it on paper.

Illima's face had a tint of pink on his face.

"Illima? Illima! Illima!" Sophocles snapped him out of it. "What's the matter with you?"

"Nothing!" Illima lied. Illima remembered of how much magazines he saw her in as a Pokémon Breeder. And how she won three years of the World's Pokémon Breeders Consecutive Contest. And he's never been so prouder of her.

Suzie invited everyone to join her for lunch.

Sora and Kairi explained on how they first first met each other when Sora saved her life from Pokémon hunters and how they've been traveling ever since. And how they ran into Illima and the others on their way to Celadon City.

"That's quite a story," Suzie said. She glances over to Pikachu, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, and Rowlet eating the Pokémon food Kairi had made for them. "And I have to say that you've raised your Pokémon very well. They all look iincredibly healthy. What kind of diet are you getting them on?"

"That would be Kairi's handy work here," Sora said.

"I got the recipe from Brock back in Pewter City," Kairi said. "The Pokémon just absolutely love it."

"You two have done an excellent job," Suzie beamed. She smiled at the two of them. It's like that they're taking of Sora's Pokémon together, which is technically accurate. "Before I became a breeder, I started out as a Pokémon nutritionist." Litten saw the other Pokémon eating the food in the bowl. Litten walks up to them. Pikachu gestures the fire cat Pokémon to help himself. Litten took a bite and liked it instantly.

"Looks like that Litten likes Kairi's cooking too," Acerola said.

"Almost as much as Sora does," Mallow said.

Sora blushed at that as it was very true. Kairi blushed just as much as Sora did. Everyone but Illima laughed.

"On our way over here," Sora said changing the subject. "We passed by this tacky looking place just outside from you."

Suzie sighed as she knew what he meant.

"You mean 'Salon de Poké?" Suzie asked. Sora nodded confirming it. "Well ever since that place opened up two months ago, trainers from all over started to go there. The same-sex coupe running it just care about making Pokémon stand out. But there's something about those two that I just don't like."

"What do you mean?" Mallow asked.

"Well I don't know all the details," Suzie said. "But there's something that's just plain fishy and I can't quite put my finger on it."

Everyone looked amongst themselves as they were wondering if they were just over charging their customers. Just then they hear a ringing from inside. Everyone looked at the door and Suzie looked at what looks like a young man with short blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Zane!" Suzie gasped. Illima's heart felt like it was about to shatter when she obviously knows him.

"Hey Suzie," Zane greeted. "I was in the neighborhood and I'd check in on you."

"That's very considerate of you," Suzie said.

Zane took notice of everyone sitting around.

"I didn't think that you had company here," Zane said.

"Actually Zane, there's someone I want to introduce you to," Suzie gestures to Illima who happens to hide his broken hearted expression and walked over to them. "This is Illima. He's an old childhood friend from Alola. Illima, this is Zane; a friend I made when I first came here."

"It's good to meet you," Illima said holding out his hand.

"You too," Zane said shaking Illima's hand.

"And these are his friends," Suzie said. "Sora and Kairi are from right here in Kanto, but the rest are from Alola."

"It's very good to meet all of you," Zane said as he smiled. His smiled faded to concern. "I came here to tell you to keep an eye out for any suspicious looking people."

"Suspicious looking people?" Suzie asked.

"Yeah," Zane nodded. "I just got word that there are two guys calling themselves 'the Poké Bandits' are somewhere in the area. They broke out of prison several months ago for using their Pokémon for theft and fraud."

"Man, apart from Mad Ivan, Team Rocket and Pokémon hunters, there are guys just as bad," Sora said.

"I just heard about it from the news," Zane said. "And so I thought that I warn Suzie of what's going on."

"You're always looking for me," Suzie said. Illima wondered if Zane is her significant other. But if he is, then Illima would have to be support of their relationship. "But I'm more concerned about how my methods will be all for nothing if the stylists at Salon de Poké only care about making Pokémon look good on the inside or the outside."

"You shouldn't say that!" Illima spoke up. Everyone looked at him and saw how determined he was to help Suzie out. "We'll all do our part to help you out!"

"Illima's right!" Sora said. "We have to show those guys what's on the inside, not the outside."

Kairi nodded as she agreed.

"Yeah let's do it," Kairi said.

"I'm game if you are," Sophocles said.

Soon,the rest of the Alolan nine started to voice their own opinions on the matter. Suzie and Zane were moved by this sudden burst of enthusiasm.

"That's really kind of you," Suzie said.

"But how?" Zane asked.

"If they want to put style over substance, we'll give substance with style!" Illima said.

Meanwhile outside, a girl with long coke bottle glasses walks down the street with her own Psyduck being light blue with a whitish cyan bill.

"Come along Psyduck," the girl said. "We're almost there."

With that done, Sora and his friends went around the area handing out fliers on giving properbcare to Pokémon. Suzie was demonstrating by giving a message on Pikachu.

"Each Pokémon requires special care and attention," Suzie lectured. "Whenever a Pokémon has been injured in a battle, you should apply a therapeutic massage."

"Pika," Pikachu beamed finding the massage to his liking.

"This volunteer and his Pikachu will no demonstrate on what we've learned in today's lecture," Suzie said.

"Pika," Pikachu said.

"As you all know, Pikachu's electric sacs are located in its cheeks," Suzie said. "And they become very tense after a difficult battle."

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

"Sora will you massage Pikachu's cheeks just like I showed you?" Suzie gestures Sora.

"Sure," Sora said as he started to massage Pikachu. Sora tickled Pikachu by mistake at first but he quickly got the hang of it. "Does that feel great, Pikachu?"

"Pika," Pikachu said.

The people inside started muttering seeing how a natural he is. Litten looks over to Sora and Pikachu seeing how close those two are. Litten felt envious of that. Litten wished he had a trainer who would care about him as Sora did Pikachu.

"Good communication is essential to both Pokémon and trainer," Suzie said. "These techniques builds trust and bring out a Pokémon's personality."

"I think Suzie will agree that these techniques are as good as the trainer or breeder who uses it," Illima said.

Some of the trainers looked at their Pokémon starting to have second thoughts of their decisions on the matter.

Within hours, Salon de Poké was starting to have fewer and fewer customers.

"What's going on out here?" Carl asked. "Frank! What's up?"

"You're not going to believe this," Frank said. "But that massage parlor just down from us is getting a business increase!"

"What?!" Carl exclaimed. He looked and saw what his brother meant. "Oh no! That breeder bitch is stealing away our money!"

"We'll go bankrupt in a matter of days if this keeps up!" Frank said.

"You're right, Frank!" Carl said. "And we're going to fix their wagon!"

"Yeah!" Frank said as he took out his Pokéball. "Venomoth! Go!" He throws it letting Venomoth out.

"Venomoth!"

"Fly over to that massage parlor and cause trouble!" Frank instructed. "Make them want to come over here!"

"Venomoth!" Venomoth nodded as it flew at the back so that it could not be seen.

Venomoth flew in through the door making sure that nobody saw it. The venous moth Pokémon flew up in an attempt to cause a problem. But without warning, Mimikyu pops out of Acerola's Pokéball and sensed Venomoth in the area. Mimikyu snuck around and climbed up to the ceiling not wanting Venomoth to see. Mimikyu carefully goes up behind Venomoth. Mimikyu took out its shadowy claw amd swiped at Venomoth. Everyone was caught off guard by this as both Venomoth and Mimikyu fell to the ground.

"Mimikyu!" Acerola gasped. "What you doing out?"

"And where did that Venomoth come from?!" Kiawe asked.

Venomoth tried to wriggle out of Mimikyu's hold. But the disguise Pokémon wasn't gonna budge. Venomoth eventually broke out of its grip and flew back out with everyone following it to the door. They all saw Venomoth fly back to the Salon de Poké.

"It came from there?!" Sora exclaimed.

"I knew there was something I didn't like about them!" Suzie said.

"What's their beef with you?" Kiawe asked.

"I don't know," Illima said. "But we're going to find out. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine, Suzie, and Zane all rush out. Litten blindly followed them there not thinking about what he's doing.

Venomoth flew inside with Carl and Frank anxiously waiting for Venomoth's return. The group stood outside and listened to the conversation.

"Venomoth! What happened?!" Frank asked. "I thought I told you to make trouble!"

Sora and Illima didn't like how that sounded.

"Forget it Frank!" Carl said. "We've got to work hard if we're going to make our scam work! And drive that little bitch out in the street."

Everyone suddenly bursts in catching the con artists in the act.

"That's all we needed to know!" Sora said.

"Your scheme ends here!" Kiawe said.

"And how dare you try to sabotage Suzie's business like this!" Illima said in an angry tone.

"We've been found out!" Frank said.

"Not yet we haven't!" Carl said. "We'll deal with them just so as they don't get the cops! Carl took out his Pokéball and threw it. "Ninetales! Let's get going!" The Pokéball lets out a Ninetales ready for a battle. Sora took out his Pokédex and pointed at Ninetales.

Ninetales, the Fox Pokémon

The evolved form of Vulpix

Type: Fire

Legend has it that Ninetales came into being when nine wizards possessing sacred powers merged into one. This Pokémon is highly intelligent—it can understand human speech.

"Pikachu! You ready?" Sora asked his partner.

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu said.

"I'll help too," Illima said throwing a Pokéball. "Bewear! Go!" The Pokéball lets out a black and pink bear-like Pokémon with its legs and the front of its body are black, while its head, back, and tail are pink. Across the top of its head is a white band with two tufts of fur on each end. This white marking give it the appearance of wearing a headband with decorative bear ears. It has a short, white muzzle with a triangular black nose. There are pink paw pads on its front paw, and white digital pads on its hind. It has a short tail with dark pink rings. Sora pointed his Pokédex at this new Pokémon.

Bewear, the Strong Arm Pokémon

The evolved form of Stufful

Type: Normal/Fighting

The moves it uses to take down its prey would make a martial artist jealous. It tucks subdued prey under its arms to carry them to its nest. Once it accepts you as a friend, it tries to show its affection with a hug. Letting it do that is dangerous—it could easily shatter your bones.

Sora cringed at the thought of being crushed by this big Pokémon. But he had to focus on the battle at hand.

"Pikachu! Start up with Quick Attack!" Sora ordered.

"Pika!" Pikachu charged.

"Ninetales! You use quick attack too!"

"Ninetales!" Ninetales charged at Pikachu with such strength. "Tail Slap!" Ninetales smack Pikachu twice in a row.

"Bewear! Use Hammer Arm!" Illima called. Bewear swung its arms right at Venomoth; the bug Pokémon dodges the attack before it could hit.

"Venomoth, you use Sludge Bomb!" Frank ordered as Venomoth lets out a huge ball of purple sludge and hurls it at Bewear. Bewear gets hit by the move covered with the substance. "Now use Bug Bite!" Venomoth goes on the bear Pokémon biting it.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fires Thunderbolt right Ninetales hitting it right on target.

"Fire Blast!" Carl ordered as Ninetales fires a blast of a fire attack forming a kanji shape. The attack hits both Pikachu and Bewear knocking them out.

"Pikachu!" Sora exclaimed.

"Bewear! No!" Illima also exclaimed.

Before, Kiawe, Lana or anyone else could do a thing, Litten jumps in and joins the battle.

"Litten?" Sora was shocked to see Litten just jump in.

Before Sora could ask why Littlen was here, Litten charged at Ninetales using Fire Fang on the fox Pokémon. Venomoth tried to help out, but Litten fired his Flamethrower attack hitting Venomoth on target. Litten swiped at Ninetales with Shadow Claw. Sora and the others were impressed by Litten's burst of power. Even Suzie was surprised by this.

"I had no idea Litten was so tough," Suzie said surprisingly.

"Neither did I," Mina said.

"But Litten is showing them whose boss!" Lana said.

Litten let out one powerful Flamethrower sending it to Ninetales, Venomoth and their trainers. They all fell to the ground totally beaten.

After a few short minutes, the police arrived and arrested the con artists.

"So it was the Poké Bandits running the show of this place," Officer Jenny said. "You two have been on my radar for a very long time."

"Everything was going smoothly until you all came along!" Carl sneered as he's been forced in the police van. The van drives off taking the Poké Bandits off to jail.

"I can't believe that they conned me!" One trainer exclaimed.

"Me neither!" Another trainer groaned.

"I hope that they get what's coming to them in prison!" another trainer said.

"What you all saw was inner strength," Sora called out to the trainers. "Litten just shown us his inner strength and true personality. You don't need some fancy costume or makeup to standout! Pokémon are not fashion accessories and shouldn't be treated as such."

They all realized how right he was as they took off the flashy getup and decided to express themselves with their inner strength and outer beauty.

Back at the massage parlor, Litten rubs against Sora's leg as he's starting to open up to him. Kairi smiled at the sight. Sora was worried about being swiped by Litten's claw like he tried with Kairi, but Litten looks at him letting him know that it's okay. Sora picks Litten up and pets him.

"You're such a good kitty," Sora said stroking his fur. "Not like a certain cat that causes trouble from time to time."

Kairi walks up to Sora and pets Litten on the head.

"I think Litten wants you to be his trainer now, Sora," Kairi said.

"Is that right?" Sora asked as Litten meows as he nodded. Sora places Litten down and grabs a Pokéball in front of Litten. "It's good to have you!" Litten presses the button on the Pokéball as he flows inside. Stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. "Got me a Litten." Sora smiled as the Pokéball teleports to Professor Oak's lab.

Over to Illima and Suzie the two of them were alone.

"What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" Suzie asked.

"Well there's a reason I wanted to speak to you alone," Illima admitted. "For one thing..." he paused as he sighed. It was now or never. He had to let his childhood crush know at once. "The thing is, I had a crush on you when we were younger." Suzie was surprised by this confession. Even though that it took him years to admit it, but felt sudden.

"Illima," Suzie said. "I..."

"Are you and Zane together?" Illima asked catching Suzie off guard. "You can tell me of you want. Just as you know that I will support whatever decision you make."

"Thank you Illima," Suzie said. "The thing is, Zane and I started dating for a whole year." Suzie said. "I just didn't know how to tell you."

"I understand," Illima said. "The only thing that I want for you is to be happy. I wanted to tell you how you felt; I'm just very sorry it took forever to do it."

Suzie kissed Illima on the cheek.

"Thank you for telling me, anyway," Suzie said.

With that over and done with, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine continued on with woth their journey and for Sora's fifth Gym battle. And now that Sora has caught all three starter Pokémon once again, his team had just gotten a tad stronger.

And that's the end of the Alolan starter arc. Now we shall close off once more. What other surprises is waiting for our friends. Just read and follow the fic to find out.