Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ The Battling Eevee Brothers ( Chapter 43 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 43: The Battling Eevee Brothers

A few days had passed since the group made a successful delivery despite an interruption from a bike gang and Team Rocket. Sora's Krabby was still down about losing his very first battle, Sora decided to do something about it. She had challenged Lana into a battle. Lana had her Shellder out while Sora was sticking with his Krabby. Kairi sat and watched her boyfriend battle with Pikachu on her lap.

"Okay, Krabby. I know you'll do fine for me. Are you ready?" Sora asked. Krabby responded making his sounds and clamping his pincers.

"Remember, Sora! I won't go easy on you because we're friends, okay?" Lana reasoned.

"I don't want you to. Okay Krabby! Vice Grip!" Sora called out as Krabby reached for Shellder.

"Shellder! Protect!" Lana called out as Shellder formed a protective shield. "Now strike with Razor Shell!" Shellder obeyed by swiping at Krabby with the blade emitting from the shell.

"Block with Vice Grip!" Sora ordered as Krabby grabbed the blade with his pincers. Shellder struggled to bring Razor Shell down. Krabby pushed Shellder back.

Shellder regained its balance filled with luster.

"Okay, Shellder! Ice Beam!" Lana shouted as Shellder fired Ice Beam at the crab Pokémon.

"Dodge it!" Sora called out as Krabby moved to the side. "Strike Shellder with Crabhammer!" Krabby swung at Shellder with the full force of his pincher.

"Protect!" Lana shouted out as Shellder used Protect to block the attack.

"Crabhammer again!" Sora called out as Krabby swung at Shellder again. Each time Krabby was landing a hit, the attack was getting strong enough to crack Shellder's shell. "Enough Crabhammer and use Vice Grip!" Krabby stopped using Crabhammer and grabbed Shellder and slammed the shellfish Pokémon into the ground. "Way to go, Krabby!"

"You did great, Krabby!" Lana complemented. Shellder smiled as it agreed. Then suddenly without warning, Krabby started to evolve. Sora, Kairi, and Lana were caught off guard with Krabby's evolution.

"Krabby..." Sora said in a low voice.

"...is evolving!" Kairi finished.

"Pika..." Pikachu was just as surprised. Krabby grew into a larger crab. He still had his old appearance, except for the crest on top of his head and one pincer was now larger than the other.

"Look at that! Krabby evolevolved into a Kingler!" Lana said with excitement.

"Kingler, huh?" Sora said taking out his Pokédex and scanned his newly evolved Pokémon.

Kingler, the Pincer Pokémon

The evolved form of Krabby

Type: Water

Kingler has an enormous, oversized claw. It waves this huge claw in the air to communicate with others. However, because the claw is so heavy, the Pokémon quickly tires.

Sora went up to Kingler and hugged him.

"Congratulations, Kingler! That battle must have given you an extra boost!" Sora said smiling. Kingler also smiled along with Sora.

"You should be proud, Sora," Kairi said walking up to her boyfriend smiling. She joined in on the hug. "Kingler is now even stronger thanks to you."

"It's really thanks to Lana," Sora corrected her. "I owe this to her. And I think Kingler does, too!" Kingler nodded in agreement.

"I really didn't do anything special," Lana said. "I was just happy to help out." Lana looked at her Shellder and she saw it really sad. "Shellder, what's wrong?" Shellder looks away saddened. "Don't shut me out. Just tell me." Shellder looked at Lana and then directly over to Kingler. Lana took a look at Kingler as well.

Sora and Kairi weren't sure what was going on as well.

"What's wrong with Shellder? She was doing fine until after the battle," Kairi pointed out.

"Yeah. You shouldn't feel bummed about losing, Shellder," Sora said. "We can't everything."

"Shellder," Shellder said shaking her head.

"I think Shellder is saying it isn't that," Lana said. "It something else. Just tell me what is it." Shellder looked at Lana again and started to raise her body up. Sora, Kairi, and Lana weren't sure what Shellder was going on about, but she put two and two together. "Are you saying you want to evolve?" Shellder nodded.

"That makes sense," Sora said stroking his chin. "I have been wondering about it for a while now."

"What?" Lana asked.

"What is it you've been wondering about, Sora?" Kairi asked.

"Well my trail of thought goes back to the Sapphire Steelix when Mateo let out his Cloyster. I mean sure it got beaten, but then again, I think about Tyra's Cloyster and think directly to you." Kairi and Lana looked at Sora blankly. Sora rubbed the back of his head. "Okay, I'll get to the point. Don't you have a Water Stone to evolve your Shellder into a Cloyster? If you don't, how come you haven't evolved her?"

Lana frowned as she looked directly at Shellder and saw her Pokémon giving her a sad look.

"Well, I haven't really considered it. The truth is, I never evolved Shellder because I didn't think she would want to. But I should have known that it wasn't a really true," Lana explained. "And to answer your first question; I don't have a Water Stone."

Pikachu looked at the bivalve Pokémon feeling sad for his friend. The same can be said about Kingler.

Sora grabbed Lana by the shoulder.

"Don't sweat it, Lana. I'm sure we can get a Water Stone at some point of our journey. And you can evolve Shellder then," Sora said assuredly.

"You know he's right, Lana," Kairi said. "He's always willing to help out his friends. That's why I love him so much." Sora took Kairi iin his arm and kissed her cheek.

"Yeah. You're right, Sora," Lana smiled feeling better. "You are so lucky to have a boyfriend like him, Kairi."

"Just don't get any ideas about stealing him away," Kairi joked making Sora and Lana laugh.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all had some sandwiches for lunch and continued on as soon as they were done eating. As they were walking through the woods, Pikachu's ears perked up.

"Pika?" Pikachu asked.

"What's the matter, Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"Pika, Pi!" Pikachu led the group.

"Hey! Wait up!" Sora called out as he, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all followed the yellow mouse Pokémon. Pikachu came to a stop and pointed at something. Everyone caught up and spotted an Eevee in a hollw tree tied by leash with two sets of dishes at the side. One for food, and one for water.

"Eev, Eev," the Eevee said.

"Isn't that an Eevee?" Kiawe asked.

"It is," Mallow said.

"What is it doing here tied up like that?" Sophocles asked.

"Someone must have abandoned it here," Sora said.

"How awful," Kairi said picking the Eevee in her arm. "Who would do such a cruel thing to this little cutie?"

Illima looked at the Eevee in Kairi's arms and noticed a tag on a collar around its neck.

Illima bent down and read what was being said.

"Hmmm, Stone Town. 3-14," Illima read.

"That's great for a first clue! But where's Stone Town located?" Sophocles asked.

"I'll answer that in a moment," Illima said taking out the map. "Here we are currently." Illima pointed to one spot on the map. "Ah! Stone Town isn't too far from us. It's just at the foot of Mt. Evolution. In that direction!" Illima said ponting downwards.

"Then let's take this little guy back home first," Sora said.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine all headed to Stone Town as Kairi carried Eevee in her arms. As they spoke about Eevee's evoultions...

"We know Eevee evolves into Jolteon with a Thunder Stone, Flareon with a Fire Stone, Vaporeon with a Water Stone," Sora pointed out. "Then again there's Espoen and Umbreon, and those are the ones I've seen and battled."

"Exatcly. Eevee has other evolved forms. There's Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon," Illima said. "Eevee can evolve into a Leafeon with a Leaf Stone and Eevee can evolve into a Glaceon with the use of an Ice Stone. Unlike Jolteon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Leafeon and Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, and Sylveon aren't from special stones."

"I would love to have a Vaporeon," Lana beamed. "They're very majestic."

"I would like to have myself a Flareon," Kiawe said. "Their fur is hot and passionate just like the flames they let out!"

"Yeah, those are great! But the one I want is a Jolteon! Their fur is so cool and pointy!" Sophocles said being unable to contain his excitement.

"The one I would want is Sylveon since it's a Fairy Type," Mina said smiling.

"I'm not really surprised, Mina," Mallow teased. "I would love a Leafeon!"

"So far, those eight forms are what is currently known," Illima said. "It could be possible that Eevee could have other forms we don't know about."

"He's right. Eevee is a really peculiar Pokémon. Only time will tell when we get to see other possible evolutions in some course of our lives," Lillie said.

Sora thought for a moment. He wondered if there could be other Eeveelutions. Sora took out his Pokédex and looked up Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon at the moment. The image on Sora's Pokédex had shown a tan-colored quadruped mammalian Pokémon with leafy ears and a tail.

Leafeon, the Verdant Pokémon

An evolved form of Eevee

Type: Grass

When you see Leafeon asleep in a patch of sunshine, you'll know it is using photosynthesis to produce clean air. Although it doesn't like disputes, it will sharpen the leaf on its tail into a blade and fight if it has to protect its friends.

The image of his Pokédex switches to a quadruped mammalian Pokémon that bears a resemblance to an arctic fox. Its fur is a light-blue color, with diamond-shaped patterns on its back, tail, and ears in a darker shade of blue. The Pokémon has a cerulean blue cap-like feature on its forehead with two long blue strips dangling from either side. It has a short feline muzzle with a small triangular nose along with long pointed tail is long with a pointed dark blue diamond-shaped tip. It has small dainty paws and feet that are dark blue in color.

Glaceon, the Fresh Snow Pokémon

An evolved form of Eevee

Type: Ice

By controlling its body heat, it can freeze the atmosphere around it to make a diamond-dust flurry. When it does lower its body heat to freeze its fur, the hairs then become like needles it can fire.

The image on the Pokédex switches to quadruped mammalian Pokémon with white-cream colored fur covering most of its slender body. The top of its head is a vibrant shade of pink, and it has long pink rabbit-like ears with dark blue insides. It has a short, blunt cat-like muzzle and a small black nose. The Pokémon has two pink and white bow-shaped features - one on its right ear, and one around its and neck. Attached to the bow-like features are scarf-like appendages with pink and blue tips that curl around its body. It has four slender vulpine-like legs and small dainty pink-tipped paws and feet with three visible toes on Pokémon has two large blue eyes with white pupils. It has a fluffy pink tail that curves inward slightly to form a crescent shape, similar to a dog's tail.

Sylveon, the Intertwining Pokémon

An evolved form of Eevee

Type: Fairy

It wraps its ribbonlike feelers around the arm of its beloved Trainer and walks with him or her. It sends a soothing aura from its feelers to calm fights.

"Eevee is really something," Sora said. "But makes me wonder why Riku didn't make his Eevee evolve."

"Actually, he thought about that before," Mallow said.

"Really?" Sora asked. "What made him change his mind?"

"Riku's Eevee simply stated that he didn't want to evolve," Lillie said.

"Didn't want to evolve?" Kairi asked.

"It was against Gladion's Umbreon actually," Lillie explained. "When he first battled Gladion, he lost. Riku tried to get his Eevee to evolve, but his Eevee refused."

Sora understood what they meant as he remembered how he almost got Pikachu to evolve, but refused.

"I guess I understand that. I asked Pikachu if he wanted to evolved, but he just smacked the Thunder Stone from my hand and said he'll battle Lt. Surge's Raichu as is," Sora explained.

"I had been wondering why you didn't make Pikachu evolve," Sophocles said. "That's one more way you and Riku are alike."

"Yeah, I guess," Sora said.

"We're almost there," Illima said leading the group. "And here it is. Third Block, Building 14."

The group came across a garden party. They all looked around and saw different Pokémon with trainers attending. One Pokémon happens to be a Pokémon that greatly resembles Poliwag, but bigger and without the tail. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Poliwhirl, the Tadpole Pokémon

The evolved form of Poliwag

Type: Water

The surface of Poliwhirl's body is always wet and slick with a slimy fluid. Because of this slippery covering, it can easily slip and slide out of the clutches of any enemy in battle.

There was a young man with yellow hair wearing a white shirt and yellow pants and he held the Water Stone against Poliwhirl and began to evolve into a Poliwrath. Sora pointed his Pokédex at the newly evolved Pokémon.

Poliwrath, the Tadpole Pokémon

An evolved form of Poliwhirl

Type: Water/Fighting

Poliwrath's highly developed, brawny muscles never grow fatigued, however much it exercises. It is so tirelessly strong, this Pokémon can swim back and forth across the ocean without effort.

"Congragulations! Your Poliwhirl has evolved into a Poliwrath!" The young man in yellow said.

"Thank you so very much!" Poliwrath's trainer said smiling. She smiled so happily.

Sora looked around and saw other Pokémon that seems to have evolved with the use of certain stones. He took a moment and scanned the Pokémon all around. He spotted a Pokémon that happens to have huge flower petals at the head.

Vileplume, the Flower Pokémon

An evolved form of Gloom

Type: Grass/Poison

Vileplume's toxic pollen triggers atrocious allergy attacks. That's why it is advisable never to approach any attractive flowers in a jungle, however pretty they may be.

"Whoa," Sora said as he glanced over to a Victreebel next to a Starmie.

Victreebel, the Flycatcher Pokémon

The evolved form of Weepinbell

Type: Grass/Poison

Victreebel has a long vine that extends from its head. This vine is waved and flicked about as if it were an animal to attract prey. When an unsuspecting prey draws near, this Pokémon swallows it whole.

Sora looked around some more and saw a Raichu, a Ninetales, and a Pokémon that looks like a palm tree with feet. The faces on this Pokémon seemed different from one another and he scanned this new Pokémon.

Exeggutor, the Coconut Pokémon

The evolved form of Exeggcute

Type: Grass/Psychic

Exeggutor originally came from the tropics. Its heads steadily grow larger from exposure to strong sunlight. It is said that when the heads fall off, they group together to form Exeggcute.

"Look at this place," Sora said putting his Pokédex away.

"Look at the food," Sophocles drooled.

"And look at the Pokémon," Mallow said.

"You're right, Mallow," Illima said.

"They've been evolved by using those special stones," Acerola said.

"Amazing," Kairi said.

"We should find out who this Eevee belongs to," Hapu said.

"Right. Let's ask around starting with those three," Sora said pointing to the young man in the yellow petting his Jolteon. With him are two other young men. One was weating the same white shirt, but his hair and pants was fiery red; he had a Flareon. And another young man with the same white shirt, but his hair and pants are ocean blue, and he had a Vaporeon.

Outside the garden party, Team Rocket is spying on the Pokémon and their trainers.

"Look at all those Pokémon!" James said.

"They're sitting there right for the taking," Jessie said.

"According to this book, Stone Town is famous for a wide-spread of evolutionary stones to make certain Pokémon evolve," Meowth said.

"Baloney! That's why we came to Mt. Evolution; to find those stones and I couldn't find a single stone, anywhere!" James exclaimed.

"Because you were digging in the wrong place, genius!" Meowth yelled.

Jessie and James felt embarrassed and stupid for digging in random places and went back to spying.

"We can worry about those stones later," Jessie said. "I would love to help myself to some of that food!"

"Stones can wait! Let's grab somebof that grub, shall we?" James asked.

Meowth slashes across Jessie and James's faces.

"Quit thinking with your stomachs and think with your brains!" Meowth exclaimed.

Back to the garden party.

"Good work, everyone," the young man with the Jolteon said. "Now we have seen around an evolution, how about we compare attacks. Huh?" The young man in yellow saw the group with Eevee and went up to them. "Eevee?"

"Eevee!" The other two said at once joining him.

"Where were you, Eevee? We were worried about you," the young man in yellow said.

"Thank you so much for finding Eevee for us," the young man in blue said taking Eevee from Kairi's hands.

"Now that we have our star, we can go on with the show!" the young man in red said.

"The star of what, exactly?" Sora asked.

"Pika?" Pikachu also asked.

"And why was it left in the woods like that?" Lillie asked.

"Mikey! Hey Mikey! Eevee came back!" the young man in yellow called. Among the crowd was a small boy with hair as brown as Eevee's fur as he looked down on the ground. Eevee ran back to the boy and jumped right in his arms.

"How could you lose him, like that?" The young man in red asked.

"You need to be more careful!" The young man in blue added.

"You'll lose your trainer's qualification that way," the young man in yellow said.

"Eevee was tied to a tree when we found him. How did he get there?" Sora asked.

"Why did you bring him back?" Mikey asked.

Before anyone could answer his older brothers spoke up.

"Listen Mikey! One day, you'll be a Pokémon trainer, just like us!" the young man in yellow stated.

"Do you think you can win your very first battle with an unevolved Eevee?" The young man in blue asked.

"We won our very first battle because we evolved our Eevee!" The young man in red said. "There's no other way to win! The key to a first victory is evolution!"

"But Sparky, Pyro, and Rainer, I don't care about care about battling!" Mikey stated.

"DON'T CARE ABOUT BATTLING?!" All three exclaimed.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine just looked at the three brothers.

"What's their deal?" Sophocles asked.

"I am not sure," Illima answered.

"They seem scary," Lana said.

"Yeah," Mina agreed.

"Everyone is waiting to see to which will you make Eevee evolve into," Rainer said.

"And you have three choices here," Sparky said. "Which of these three Pokémon are the strongest?"

"Which one do you think is the best?" Pyro asked.

"You can either yourself a Jolteon! Use a Thunder Stone and its fur will turn into needles to fire at its enemies!" Sparky said.

"Or you can have a Vaporeon by using a Water Stone! Vaporeon can jump into the water and blend in," Rainer said.

"Or do you wanna use a Fire Stone to evolve your Eevee into a Flareon! Flareon's fiery fur is as hot as the flames it lets out! Flareon is the strongest choice of all!" Pyro said.

"What?! Now way! Jolteon is the strongest one of all!" Sparky argued.

"You're the only one who thinks so!" Pyro said.

"Guys! Stop arguing! Let's let Mikey make his Eevee into a Vaporeon!" Rainer said breaking them up. Sora had heard enough.

"Hey! Cut him a break! He's just a little kid! I mean, come on! Isn't he just a little too young for Pokémon training?" Sora questioned.

"We're throwing this party just for him," Sparky said.

"You should know you have to start early if you want to become a master," Rainer said.

"And one of these days, you'll have your Pikachu evolve into a Raichu, right?" Pyro asked.

Sora didn't answer and looked at Pikachu.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

"You need a stone?" Sparky asked.

The three brothers led the group to a table filled with various evolution stones. Water Stones, Leaf Stones, Moon Stones, and Thunder Stones.

There is an elliptical-shaped stone that is yellow in appearance, with a fire insignia inside of it (Fire Stone). One a stone that is shaped like the sun (Sun Stone). A round stone, sky blue in appearance, and actually looks similar to an sunburst-cut opal (Dawn Stone). A purplish-black, irregularly-shaped stone with a dark center (Dusk Stone). An Elliptical-shaped stone that is transparent in appearance, with a ball of light inside of it (Shiny Stone). A snowy-blue stone that shines with white light and has a snowflake pattern inside (Ice Stone).

"So many choices here," Kiawe said.

"That's all of them," Lillie said.

"It's quite a collection of evolution stones, isn't it?" Sparky asked.

"It's just this just the first time we have ever seen so many in on place all at once," Lillie said.

"Stone Town is famous for its evolution stones," Pyro said.

"And we have every single one of them," Rainer added. Sora wondered about Lillie's Vulpix and stroke his chin.

"Hey Lillie," Sora said. The blonde turned to him.

"Hm?" Lillie asked.

"You have an Alolan Vulpix right? Does that mean Snowy will evolve into an Alolan Ninetales when you use an Ice Stone on her?" Sora asked.

"That's right, but Snowy stated she didn't wanna evolve, and I couldn't anyway because she's much cuter the way she is," Lillie stated. Sora took out his Pokédex and he looked up Ninetales in it. The image of the Alolan Ninetales popped up. This Ninetales shared the Alolan Vulpix's traits On top of its head is a large tuft of hair, similar to its pre-evolved form. This tuft does not curl backwards and instead shrinks backwards into two snow white "ribbons" of hair. It possesses two tufts on both sides of its ears. Its nine tails are ice blue and also shrink into one snow white ribbon each. It has majestic blue eyes.

Ninetales Alolan Form, the Fox Pokémon

The evolved form of Vulpix Alolan Form

Type: Ice/Fairy

The Alolan Ninetales is considered to be a diety in the snowy mountains of the Alola region. In ancient times, it was worshipped as that deity's incarnation. It is said that it will guide travelers who are lost on the snowy mountain down to the mountain's base. However, it will never forgive anyone who shall harm nature.

"So that's it," Sora stated putting his Pokédex away. Sora looked at the table filled with evolution stones.

"Why don't you join our club, Sora?" Sparky asked. "Just make your Pikachu evolve!"

"I can't force Pikachu to evolve if he doesn't want to," Sora said.

"He dosen't want to evolve?!" The three brothers yelled.

"Don't yell at me!" Sora snapped at them. "But I would like to help myself to some of the others."

"So what other Pokémon you got that evolve with evolution stones?" Pyro asked.

"Well, I have two Nidoran; boy and girl. A Vulpix, a Growlithe, and a Poliwag," Sora answered.

"Well, you are welcome to help yourself to the stones we have," Rainer said. Sora thought for a moment and decided to go with two Fire Stones, two Moon Stones, and a Water Stone. He wasn't sure if Vulpix and Growlithe wanted to evolve and he wasn't certain about his Nidoran after the evolve into a Nidorino and Nidorina. But Sora did beam at the thought of having a Poliwrath after Poliwag evolved into a Poliwrath.

"Here you go, Lana," Rainer said handing her a Water Stone. "Now you can evolve your Shellder into a Cloyster."

"Thanks. You ready, Shellder?" Lana asked as Shellder nodded. Lana held the stone in front of Shellder. She reaches her tongue to touch the stone and started to evolve. Once the process was completed, Cloyster was overwhelmed with joy.

"Congratulations, Lana! Your Shellder is now a Cloyster," Rainer said.

"You finally got what you wanted, Cloyster! You evolved!" Lana said feeling proud. Lana's newly evolved Cloyster joins with some of the others as Sora calls out Kingler and Wartortle to the party.

"Enjoy, you guys," Sora said to them. Sora joins up with Kairi who looks over to Mikey who is just sitting on a bench holding his Eevee. The couple decided to do what they could to cheer him up. Sora grabs a plate of sandwiches and handed it to Kairi. They walked up to the boy and held the plate to him.

"You must be hungry," Kairi said kindly. "You want some?" Mikey blushed and smiled.

"Um, yeah," Mikey said. Mikey and Eevee started to eat the food generously offered to them.

"You seen like that you don't want Eevee to evolve, do you?" Kairi asked.

"My brothers only care about battling Pokémon," Mikey said.

"Eevee looked lonely out there," Sora said.

"Chu," Pikachu said.

"I was only trying to hide Eevee from them; just for the day, so no one could force Eevee to evolve," Mikey said. "And then go back for him later. I don't care if Eevee evolves or not. I just want him to be my best friend forever!"

"Well, that's great, Mikey. But there was only one thing wrong with that," Sora said.

"What's that?" Mikey asked.

"What he's saying is you shouldn't have hidden Eevee from them," Kairi said. "That's just running away from your problems."

"Running away?" Mikey asked.

"She's right. No good came from that," Sora agreed with his girlfriend. "You should just tell your brothers how you feel about it. That is the responsibility of a Pokémon trainer. I'll tell you about a trainer Kairi and I met; and he has an Eevee too. A trainer named Riku."

"He has an Eevee?" Mikey asked.

"Yeah. His Eevee battled my Pikachu and I lost," Sora told him. "And I can tell you, that Eevee was no pushover, just like his trainer. Remember, buddy?"

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

"I wondered why Riku never made his Eevee evolve, but I heard it was his Eevee's choice. Like I said, Riku's Eevee was no pushover," Sora explained.

"I'm not a Pokémon trainer myself. But Eevee is your Pokémon. If you want to keep Eevee an Eevee forever, then that's your choice," Kairi said. "Sora thought of evolving Pikachu once, but Pikachu was against it."

"Why's that?" Mikey asked.

"It was after I lost to the Gym Leader in Vermilion City," Sora started. "Pikachu lost to his Raichu. Then she noticed how slow Raichu was after evolving. The problem was he evolved his Pikachu way too fast."

"Did you win the second time?" Mikey asked curiously. Sora pulled put his badge case and shown him the six badges he won.

"The Thunder Badge speaks for itself," Sora said closing his badge case and putting it away. "But since then, Pikachu decided to battle any kind of Pokémon as is. And I respected that decision." Sora scratched Pikachu behind the ears.

"Mikey!" Sparky called out to him. "Have you made your choice?" Mikey looked down at his feet.

"Just tell them, Mikey. Don't make them force you into something you don't want," Kairi said.

Mikey did take what Sora and Kairi said to heart, but he worried about how they would react to his choice. Mikey looked at his Eevee, and remembered the story of Riku and his Eevee never evolving. So he made his decision.

"Guys, I..." Mikey was about to announce when firecrackers were going off.

"What now?!" Kiawe exclaimed.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Mallow also exclaimed.

"It's showtime, everybody!" Jessie called out to the crowd.

"Team Rocket again," Sora deadpanned. "They're just like a boomerang. They just keep coming back."

"Who invited you?!" Spraky called out.

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double!"

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth! That's right!"

Team Rocket greedily helps themselves to the buffet.

"Be careful!" Acerola called out. "They'll steal your Pokémon if you're not careful!"

"Weezing! Run a Smokescreen!" James ordered with his mouthful.

Everyone covered their mouths trying not breath in the offending smoke. Acerola took out Mimikyu's Pokéball and let it out.

"Mimikyu! Go!" Acerola called out. Mimikyu came out of the Pokéball and inhaled the deadly smoke. "Thanks, Mimikyu." Mimikyu saluted to Acerola just as everyone notices all the other Pokémon were gone.

"My Jolteon!" Sparky exclaimed.

"My Vaporeon!" Rainer also exclaimed.

"Where's Flareon?!" Pyro questioned.

Sora looked around and sees Pikachu gone.

"Ah! Pikachu!" Sora looked over to the fountain and sees Kingler and Wartortle gone too. "And Wartortle and Kingler!"

"Cloyster's gone too!" Lana exclaimed.

"Where's Eevee?" Mikey asked.

"They took everything!" Mallow exclaimed.

"Those bastards!" Kiawe exclaimed.

"Their balloon! It's getting away!" Kairi called out.

"Marowak! Bring down that balloon!" Kiawe shouted throwing his Pokéball. Marowak threw his bone at the balloon bringing it down. They all looked inside and saw it was empty.

"They're not here!" Sophocles exclaimed.

"Isn't there a line they won't cross?" Sora asked.

"That'll be a dumb question to ask," Hapu stated.

"They won't get away with this!" Sora said taking out a Pokéball. "Lycanroc! Go!" Sora threw his Pokéball. Lycanroc is let out and awaits instructions. "Go on ahead and sniff around for Pikachu and the other Pokémon! Howl if you find anything!" Lycanroc nodded and started to sniff around. Lycanroc went off ahead into the town and sniffed around.

Takato, Henry, Rika, and Guil were making their way into the forest when Guil started to sniff the air.

"Char?" Guil asked.

Takato, Henry, and Rika stopped and looked at Guil looking around.

"What is it, boy?" Takato asked.

"Charmeleon!" Guil said leading the trio through the shrubs. "Char-Char!" Guil pointed to the Lycanroc sniffing around.

"Is that a Lycanroc?" Rika asked.

"It looks like one," Takato said.

"But it isn't the Midday Form or Midnight Form," Henry stated. "It must be a new form."

"A form that is about to be mine," Rika said taking out her Pokéball to battle the Lycanroc.

"Wait!" Henry spoke up stopping her. "It looks like it's looking for something."

"Maybe a trainer to train it," Rika stated.

"No, he's right," Takato said. "That Lycanroc is sniffing around for something else."

Lycacanroc sniffed until the scent of Pikachu and the other Pokémon hit his nostrils. Lycanroc let out a loud howl as Sora, Kairi, the Alolan nine, Mikey, and his brothers weren't far behind. The three kids and Charmeleon saw the group run up to Lycanroc.

"Good boy," Sora said patting the wolf Pokémon on the head. "Now show us the way!" Lycanroc nodded. And lead the group to Team Rocket's path.

"We should follow them," Takato said.

"You're kidding, right?" Rika asked.

"He's right. I got some questions to ask the one with the spiky hair," Henry said.

"Fine," Rika deadpanned.

Takato, Henry, Rika, and Guil went to to the group and called out to them.

"Excuse us!" Takato called out to the group. They saw the three kids and Charmeleon run up to them. "Is there something going on?"

"Some bad guys just stole all the Pokémon from our garden party," Sparky explained.

"And we're following where they went," Hapu said.

"Pokémon thieves?" Henry asked angered.

"Yeah. We'll explain on the way," Sora said. "Lycanroc, if you would." Lycanroc barked and lead the group. They managed to catch up to Team Rocket when they had just finished eating the food the stole and arguing over which stone to evolve Eevee into.

"They're fighting among themselves," Mina whispered.

"This makes it a perfect way to sneak up behind them," Sora said as everyone nodded in agreement.

"How are we gonna break them out?" Mikey asked.

"Leave that to me," Takato said turning to Guil. "Okay, Guil. Do your thing."

"Charmeleon," Guil nodded. Guil quietly went up to the caged Pokémon and shushed them, not to make a noise. The Charmeleon undid the locks and let all the Pokémon out, except for Eevee as they went over to evolve Eevee.

"Okay, Wartortle! Water Gun!" Sora called out as he and the others got out.

"Huh?!" Team Rocket gets hit by the water at once.

"This cannot be!" Jessie exclaimed.

"How did you find us all the way out here?" James asked.

"It's the first time we didn't mess up!" Meowth added.

"Maybe. But you left a trail that my Lycanroc can pick up," Sora explained. "So you can say that the nose knows." Lycanroc barks at Team Rocket.

"Aah! I thought for sure it was a perfect plan this time!" James exclaimed.

"Then we will have to settle with little Eevee then," Jessie said taking Eevee in his cage.

"Forget you, old hag! You're not settling with anything!" Rika taunted pissing Jessie off.

"W-w-w-what did you just call me?!" Jessie snarled. James and Meowth were definitely scared now.

"Jessie is really mad now," Meowth said shaking.

"Uh-huh," James agreed shaking.

"Are you ready for battle?" Jessie asked.

"O-okay," James and Meowth said.

"Arbok! Lickitung! Go!" Jessie said calling out her two Pokémon.

"Weezing! Victreebel! You join in too!" James said calling out his two Pokémon. James's Victreebel went to James and grabbed him by the head. "I love you too, but now is not the time for a love bite!" Jessie and Meowth looked at those two confused.

Sora and his friends were just as confused.

"So James made his Weepinbell evolve," Sora pointed out. "But it doesn't matter!" Sora looked over to Pikachu and Lycanroc. "Pikachu! Lycanroc! You guys ready to rumble?"

"Pika!" Pikachu stated as Lycanroc barked.

"Wait!" Sparky called out. "That is our brother's Eevee! It's our job to save him! Rainer! Pyro! Let's go!"

"Yeah!" Rainer and Pyro both said at once.

"Jolteon! Move on in!" Sparky ordered.

"Vaporeon! Join the battle!" Rainer called out.

"Flareon! Attack!" Pyro ordered.

"Arbok! Poison Sting! Lickitung! Lick!" Jessie ordered as Arbok fired Poison Sting at Jolteon and Lickitung tried to lick Jolteon. Both had missed their mark.

"Jolteon! Fire your Pin Missle!" Sparky ordered as Jolteon fires Pin Missle at both Arbok and Lickitung.

"Weezing! Sludge attack! Victreebel! You use Razor Leaf!" James ordered as both Pokémon fired their attacks.

"Vaporeon! Blend in the water with Acid Armor!" Rainer ordered. Vaporeon jumps into the water and belnds perfectly with the water. Weezing and Victreebel were looking for their opponent using Sludge and Razor Leaf to find Vaporeon only to receive a surprise. "Fire Aurora Beam!" Vaporeon fires a multicolored beam at Weezing and Victreebel.

"Impressive!" Henry exclaimed.

"They're doing a number on them," Takato said.

"Charmeleon!" Guil nodded.

"Retreat!" Jessie called out carrying Eevee's cage. The rest runs with her.

"Don't let them get away! Trap them with Fire Spin!" Pyro ordered as Flareon fired Fore Spin trapping them.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, the Alolan nine, Mikey, Takato, Henry, Rika, and Guil all watched as Team Rocket now had nowhere to go.

"We've beaten you! Now return our brother's Eevee at once!" Sparky demanded. Jessie just smirked.

"We're not done, yet!" Jessie said. "Arbok! Headbutt!" Jessie ordered as Arbok rams into Jolteon.

"No! Jolteon!" Sparky gasped.

"Weezing! Fire Sludge Wave, now!" James ordered as Weezing fires Sludge Wave to bit both Vaporeon and Flareon.

"Vaporeon!" Rainer gasped.

"Flareon!" Pyro gasped.

Jessie laughed as she had triumphed.

"So you thought you had us beat?" Meowth taunted.

"We're the champions, Team Rocket!" James called out.

"Champions, my foot!" Sora taunted. "Lycanroc!" Sora called put sending Lycanroc towards Jessie pushing her back, making her toss Eevee. "Great! Pikachu! Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at Team Rocket. Team Rocket and their Pokémon were shocked and refused to back away.

"We can't lose this battle to them!" Jessie said.

"This is our first day as champions!" James added.

"Let's get them!" Meowth said.

"They still wanna go at it?" Lillie asked.

"They really are gluttons for punishment," Sophocles stated.

Eevee was licking Mikey's face affectionately when he saw his brothers with their Pokémon. He decided to do something about it. He remembered hearing about Riku's Eevee and decided to battle as an Eevee.

"All right, Eevee! This will be our first real battle!" Mikey said.

"Eevee!" Eevee said.

"Go!" Mikey ordered sending Eevee out to battle.

"That little guy is braver than he believed," Sora said.

"Especially after the pep talk we gave him," Kairi said.

"What is that little runt doing?" Jessie taunted.

"Move in with Tackle!" Mikey ordered as Eevee started to run fiercely and faster making Team Rocket intimidated. Eevee hits them with a strong Tackle and sends all of Team Rocket and their Pokémon flying.

"We were so close to victory!" James said flying in the air.

"TEAM ROCKET IS BLASTING OFF AGAIN!"

"And good riddance," Sora said.

"Eev," Eevee said.

"Way to go, Eevee! You did awesomely!" Mikey shouted as Eevee ran up to Mikey and licked his face affectionately.

"Good show!" Illima said.

"How was that for your first battle?" Acerola asked.

"You did great!" Sora complimented.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu added.

"Mikey!" Sparky called out. "You won your very first battle by yourself!"

"And you did it without making Eevee evolve! I guess we were all wrong," Rainer said.

"You said you didn't care about battling, but you did great!" Pyro added.

"I just wanted to help everyone out," Mikey said. Mikey looked over to Kairi as she nodded, he nodded back. "I decided to become a trainer, but leaving him as an Eevee."

His brothers looked among each other.

"Are you sure, Mikey?" Pyro asked.

"Yeah. To be honest, I didn't want Eevee to evolve at all. And I was afraid of how you would react. So I hid Eevee from you, so you wouldn't evolve Eevee," Mikey explained.

His brothers took a moment to let what he just said to them sink in and understood what he meant.

"We had no idea that's how you felt," Sparky said.

"You could have said something about it sooner," Pyro said.

"And we're sorry that we tried to force you into what you didn't want to do," Rainer added.

"But whatever you decide is okay with us. And we promise that we will never push Eevee's evolution on you again," Sparky said.

"That's great guys," Mikey beamed. Illima walked up to Mikey and handed a Mikey a plain colored stone.

"You will be needing this Everstone," Illima said. "It'll prevent your Eevee to ever evolving as long as he holds it."

"Thank you, Illima", Mikey said.

Everyone went back to the garden party to celebrate Eevee's first victory. Takato, Henry, Rika, and Guil were invited to join the party as well. Guil was scarfing down the food freshly made and Takato walked up to Sora.

"I don't think we introduced ourselves earlier. My name's Takato," he introduced himself.

"Mine's Sora," he also introduced shaking Takato's hand.

"Good to meet you, Sora," Takato said.

"So what brought you and your friends here?" Sora asked.

"We were just passing by when we saw your Lycanroc. We were surprised to see one like that," Takato said.

"That surprised me as well," Sora said.

"It was a sight to beheld," Henry said walking up to them. "Anyway, my name is Henry."

"Sora," Sora simply said shaking his hand. "And what about that girl with you two?"

"You must mean Rika. She's not the friendliest girl you'll meet," Takato said.

"I guess not," Sora said chuckling. The three boys rejoined Kairi, Mikey and the Alolan nine with the celebration. "Congrats again with your first win."

"Thanks, Sora," Mikey said. "Oh, and Kairi."

"Yeah?" Kairi asked looking at him. "I just wanted to thank you for helping me put, so I picked this for you." Mikey handed her a blue flower.

"It's beautiful," Kairi said accepting the flower. "You're so sweet. I know you'll become a great Eevee trainer."

"You really think so?" Mikey asked.

"I know so," Sora said smiling. "Just keep working hard and you'll do great."

"Thanks, Sora," Mikey said. "When I do train hard, my Eevee will be as strong as Riku's Eevee, I know it."

Takato and Henry were surprised to hear about Riku and his Eevee. They wondered if they knew him.

Everyone got together for the group photo. Once the party had concluded, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine continued on to get to Cinnabar Island for Sora's next Gym battle with Takato, Henry, and Rika joining them for a while. Over to Team Rocket, they sulked from their latest humiliation eating canned seafood. But we can leave them to sulk just for now.