Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Holy Matrimony! ( Chapter 53 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 53: Holy Matrimony!

Several days went by since Ivysaur and Salandit had evolved. Sora and his friends made a small stop in a forest and that gave Sora a chance to exchange Salazzle, Brionne, and Jangmo-o for Charizard, Venonat, and Pidgeotto. Once that was accomplished, Sora was challenged into a battle by a young in a cap and glasses.

"Go for it, Sora!" Kairi cheered for her boyfriend.

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu added

"Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

"You feeling confident?" Sora asked his opponent.

"I was gonna ask you the same question," the girl asked taking out a Pokéball and then threw it. "Jynx! Go!" The Pokéball opens as it lets out a Jynx.

"Okay, Charizard! Let's go!" Sora called out throwing his Pokéball. Upon entry, Charizard lets out Flamethrower to the sky.

"Jynx! Start things up with Shadow Ball!" The girl ordered as Jynx fired a ball of shadow right at Charizard.

"Dodge it!" Sora ordered as Charizard moved out of the way. "Fire Fang!" Charizard charges right at Jynx with his jaws emitting flames.

"Jynx! Dodge and use Body Slam!" The girl ordered as Jynx jumps and slams her body into Charizard. "Now use Blizzard!" Jynx fired a blizzard from her mouth.

"Charizard! Dodge it, quick!" Sora called out as Charizard got up and flew out of the way, but only got hit by the tip of the wing. Charizard was flying a bit sluggish due to the tip of his wing being frozen. Sora said in his thoughts, "Dammit! Charizard is flying so slow. Gotta keep my cool; no pun intended."

"Okay, Jynx! Hyper Beam!" The girl ordered as Jynx fired a powerful beam right at Charizard. Charizard tried to dodge the attack, but it was no use; the attack gave a pretty good hit.

"Charizard!" Sora called out. Charizard started to give off a red aura from his body. Sora and his friends knew it was Charizard's ability, Blaze. "Great! Flamethrower!" Charizard fired a super-powered Flamethrower right at Jynx. The humanoid Pokémon just fell to her side knocked out from the attack. "Way to go, Charizard!" Sora beamed at the victory when Charizard turned and used Flamethrower right on Sora again and then laughed. "Now that just burns me up," Sora said as he puffed some smoke.

The girl calls her Jynx back inside and pulls out another Pokéball.

"Okay then Wigglytuff! Go!" The girl said throwing her Pokéball letting out a light pink, oval shaped Pokémon with a piece of fluff on its forehead along with blue colored eyes and long rabbit-like ears. The ears contain large black openings and a piece of white on top. It also appears to lack arms and legs and has stubby and small hands and feet. It has a round white belly. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Wigglytuff, the Balloon Pokémon

The evolved form of Jigglypuff

Type: Normal/Fairy

Wigglytuff's body is very flexible. By inhaling deeply, this Pokémon can inflate itself seemingly without end. Once inflated, Wigglytuff bounces along lightly like a balloon.

"Okay, Charizard! Come on back," Sora said calling Charizard back and pulling out another Pokéball. "Wartortle! Let's go!" Sora threw the Pokéball letting out his Wartortle.

"Wartortle!" Wartortle said.

"Wartortle! Water Gun!" Sora ordered as Wartortle fired Water Gun right at the balloon Pokémon.

"Wigglytuff, dodge it!" The girl ordered as Wigglytuff inflated itself and floated in the air. "Body Slam!" Wigglytuff dove towards Wartortle.

"Aqua Tail!" Sora ordered as Wartortle swung at Wigglytuff with his tail emitting water. Wigglytuff was sent flying in the air before it caught its composure. "Now use Aqua Jet!" Wartortle's body became surrounded by water and charged right at Wigglytuff.

"Wigglytuff! Thunderbolt!" The girl ordered as Wigglytuff fired Thunderbolt right Wartortle. The shock hits the turtle Pokémon doing serious damage.

"Water Gun!" Sora ordered. Wartortle fired Water Gun right at Wigglytuff, hitting the balloon Pokémon. "Aqua Tail!" Wartortle swung at Wigglytuff knocking it out.

"Wigglytuff, return!" She said calling Wigglytuff back. She pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Scizor! Go!" The Pokéball lets out a red mantis-like Pokémon with crab-like claws and has three black stripes on its abdomen. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon. The image on the Pokédex shows

Scizor, the Pincer Pokémon

The evolved form of Scyther

Type: Bug/Steel

Scizor has a body with the hardness of steel. It is not easily fazed by ordinary sorts of attacks. This Pokémon flaps its wings to regulate its body temperature.

"The evolved form of Scyther, huh?" Sora said in his thoughts. "Scizor is probably just a tad stronger than Scyther." Sora calls Wartortle back inside his Pokéball and looks at Pikachu.

"You ready to go, Pikachu?" Sora asked his partner.

"Pika!" Pikachu nodded in acknowledgment.

"Go for it!" Sora said as Pikachu went in to battle. "Start up with Quick Attack!" Pikachu ran using his speed attack.

"You use Quick Attack too!" The girl ordered as Scizor used a speed attack. Both speed attacks collided as Pikachu and Scizor rammed into each other. "Now use Metal Claw!" Scizor swung its claws right at Pikachu.

"Block it with Iron Tail!" Sora called out as Pikachu blocked with his tail. They both held on, neither one moving an inch. Both are taken back. "Electro Ball!" Pikachu emitted a ball of electricity and hurls it at Scizor.

"Flash Cannon!" The girl ordered. Scizor fired two beams of energy from its claws. The attack cuts through Electro Ball and comes towards Pikachu.

"Dodge it!" Sora called out. Pikachu jumped put of the way before the attack could hit. "Thunderbolt!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fires Thunderbolt right at Scizor. The red Pokémon became paralyzed by the attack.

"Scizor! Quick Attack!" The girl ordered as Scizor tried to move, but is too paralyzed.

"Use Electro Ball again!" Sora called out as Pikachu threw the ball of electricity right at Scizor. The girl was flabbergasted to the fact her Scizor has lost to a Pikachu. She called her Scizor back and threw another Pokéball.

"Blissey! Go!" The girl said throwing her Pokéball letting out a Pokémon similar to Chansey, but it has curly hair on both sides of her head. Their arms are pink with white wings at the end. She has a patch for her egg, like all of the members of her family. Her lower torso is also white with four flaps of fur, giving her an appearance of wearing a dress. Sora took out his Pokédex.

Blissey, the Happiness Pokémon

The evolved form of Chansey

Type: Normal

Blissey senses sadness with its fluffy coat of fur. If it does so, this Pokémon will rush over to a sad person, no matter how far away, to share a Lucky Egg that brings a smile to any face.

"Okay, Pikachu! Come on back!" Sora said as Pikachu ran back to his side. He took out a Safari Ball and threw it. "Venonat! Go!" The Safari Ball lets out his Venonat as stars swirls around upon entry.

"So you've got yourself a shiny Venonat. My Blissey will give your Venonat such a pinch," the girl said grinning. "Blissey! Egg Bomb!" Blissey throws its egg right at Venonat as it is glowing.

"Venonat! Block it with Psybeam!" Sora ordered as Venonat fired Psybeam right at the egg making it explode on contact. "Now use Signal Beam!" Venonat fires a beam of yellow, pink, and white right at Blissey. "Tackle!" Venonat charges right the egg-shaped Pokémon.

"Blissey! Double Slap!" The girl ordered as Blissey smacked Venonat pretty hard. "Now use Rock Slide!" Blissey formed rocks and hurled them right at Venonat. The rocks make their way to the shiny Pokémon. Venonat tried to dodge, but the rocks were coming too fast. Venonat then jumped as he began evolving. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine were shocked to witness Venonat evolving.

"Venonat!" Sora gasped.

"Pika!" Pikachu also gasped.

Venonat evolved into a blue Venomoth with a light grey abdomen. Sora's newly evolved Venomoth was slightly bigger than Koga's Venomoth.

"No way!" The girl exclaimed.

"Oh yeah! Venomoth! Use Gust!" Sora called out as Venomoth flapped his wings rapidly and blew Blissey off its feet. "Now fire a full-powered Signal Beam!" Venomoth fired a more powerful Signal Beam. The attack knocks Blissey out as she calls her Blissey back.

"That wasn't half bad," the girl said shaking Sora's hand.

"You too," Sora said.

She took her leave as the group continued to make their way to Cinnabar Island. Just as they walked down the road, they noticed a missing poster with a very familiar face.

"Hey, look at that. One of those missing-persons posters," Kiawe pointed out.

"Doesn't that boy on the poster look familiar to anyone?" Mallow asked.

Everyone took a good look at the poster and got all wide-eyed at what they saw.

"Isn't that...?" Sora questioned.

"It couldn't be him," Lana said.

"But it is," Acerola said.

"JAMES?!" Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all exclaimed.

"Pika?" Pikachu questioned.

"Togepi," Togepi chirped.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine were all shocked at the image of the poster. Could the boy on the poster be actually James or is it just someone who looks like him.

The group were letting it sink in when a long limo came to a stop. In the back a large man who happens to appear to be a butler comes out of the back with a megaphone.

"Have you seen that boy in that photo?" The man asked speaking into the megaphone.

"If you're referring to James from Team Rocket, then yeah we have," Sora answered.

"Joy! Eureka! Quick to the estate! All of you!" The butler shouted dragging the eleven kids in the limo.

A few seconds later, Team Rocket manages to catch up with them and then lose them. Jessie and Meowth heads over to the poster while James just slowly walks behind them.

"Hmmm, this kid looks a lot like you, James," Jessie pointed out.

"You think so? He looks pathetic," James said pretending not to notice.

"That is what she means, James!" Meowth laughs.

"Right! This is too good to pass up! What do you say we investigate?" Jessie asked.

"Yeah!" Meowth agreed.

Jessie and Meowth runs up ahead while James stayed behind.

"I can't believe that I'm back here again," James said in this thoughts. "I had hoped that I would never see this place again. The horrible memories of this place. Especially her."

James just stood there while Jessie and Meowth came back to him.

"James!" Jessie shouted.

"Whatcha waiting for?" Meowth asked.

"I think I'll stay here," James said looking for an excuse.

"NO YOU WON'T!" Jessie and Meowth yelled as they lifted James off his face and dashed off in the direction of the limousine. Unknown to anyone, Jigglypuff manages to finally catch up.

On the back of the limo while Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all looked at the butler with sour looks on their faces.

"I do apologize for dragging all of you in like this. I haven't even introduced myself yet. My name is Hopkins and I serve as butler of the estate of Master James," Hopkins said.

"So it is James," Sora confirmed.

"Can you tell me about him, young man?! Can you even give me even the smallest detail?!" Hopkins exclaimed.

"Just a rotten no-good crook who's hanging out with a criminal organization that steals Pokémon from other people," Hapu said.

"Just like his Pikachu," Kiawe added.

"I think I've seen his face on a wanted poster before," Kairi remembered.

"It would seem you all know him quite well," Hopkins said.

"Well it wasn't a pleasant thing to remember," Illima admitted.

The limo stops in front of the gates as they open. The limo enters the grounds.

"So, Hopkins, is it? How much further is this place?" Sora asked.

"We're almost at the end of the driveway," Hopkins said.

"Are really that close? It feels like we've passed by the main gate half-an-hour ago," Sophocles said.

"Um, guys. Look," Acerola pointed outside.

Once the limo makes a complete stop, they all step out and gazes upon the mansion in front of them.

"This place is huge," Mallow said in amazement.

"It sure is. I've seen shopping malls smaller than this place," Sophocles said.

"James actually lived here," Sora said dumbfounded.

"Pikachu," Pikachu also said dumbfounded.

"That is something I would find hard to believe," Lana said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"I don't think that's the mansion," Lillie said looking in a different direction. Everyone all turned to look at her to see what she means but they got all wide-eyed at the sight of the bigger place in front of them.

"That is correct, young lady," Hopkins said stepping out of the limo. "This little doghouse is for Master James's faithful Growlithe, Growlie."

"Growlie?" Kairi questioned.

"Indeed. Growlie is the favorite Pokémon of Master James," Hopkins said. "Follow me, please."

Hopkins gestures the group to come inside. They obliged the butler heading inside the place. Team Rocket comes out of the shrubs looking around.

"Oh wow!" Jessie said in amazement.

"I'll say," Meowth added.

"We're in a life of luxury," Jessie beamed.

"We've hit the jackpot!" Jessie and Meowth sang as James was still depressed.

The group stepped inside and saw two coffins laying in a bed of white roses. Above them is a potrait of young James holding a small Growlithe. James's father has dark gray hair and green eyes. He wore a dark green overcoat with a red vest above a white shirt with a violet tie and is wearing cyan pants and black shoes. His mother has purple hair and brown hair, wearing a red dress along with red high heel shoe. His father is leaning on a cane while his mother is holding a parasol.

"Was there a funeral here?" Kairi asked sadly.

"My master and mistress had only one child. And that was a boy named James. His parents sadly passed away this morning and the estate is now his," Hopkins said.

"Wha?" Sora and his friends all titled their heads.

"Pika?" Pikachu questioned.

"Toge?" Togepi also questioned.

"You mean this place is going to belong to James?!" Sora exclaimed.

Team Rocket made it out of sight of the roof and they overheard what the butler was talking about.

"Wha?!" Jessie and Meowth both explained.

"You mean to tell me that this whole estate is going to beling to you?!" Jessie exclaimed.

"Way to keep us in the dark, Jimmy-boy!" Meowth added.

James didn't say anything. He wasn't a bit convinced that his parents were dead. He had a really bad feeling about the whole thing.

"Master James ran away from home at a young age," Hopkins explained. "This left his parents utterly heartbroken and they've spent all this time searching for him, but they had no such luck. Not only his poor parents, but his fiancee as well."

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine still couldn't believe James was an heir to a mass fortune. Sora couldn't help but wonder why James would just run away. And James was also engaged to someone.

"That sounds too bad," Sora said sympathetically and skeptical.

"Just hope we could find him real soon to tell him the sad news," Lillie said.

"REAL SOON WON'T DO!" Hopkins spoke over the megaphone . "THEIR WILL STATES THAT IT'S APPARENT THAT MASTER JAMES GETS MARRIED WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR HOURS AFTER PASSING AWAY! IF NOT, THEN THE ESTATE WILL NO LONGER BELONG TO HIM AND IT WILL GO TO CHARITY! I MUST FIND HIM AT ONCE!"

"Well, good luck with that," Sora said rubbing his ears. "Come on guys, we should get going. We've already taken enough of their precious time."

Kairi and the Alolan nine all left the mansion and sat on the steps talking.

"Hard to believe, right?" Sophocles asked.

"For the fact James is rich and he's getting married to someone," Lana pointed out.

"Do you think we should look for James?" Mallow asked.

Everyone all looked at her like she was crazy.

"You're kidding right?" Sora asked. "You mean we should help him out after all the crap he gave us in the past? We should just forget about him and this whole thing and move on."

"Sora is right," Hapu agreed. "I wouldn't help him out for anything!"

"I don't blame you not trusting him, Sora. But it might be the last chance for him to say goodbye to his parents," Illima said.

"I know. But I have a feeling there's more to it than what that butler is telling us," Sora said.

"You don't think he's telling the truth?" Illima asked.

"No I don't," Sora simply said. "And even if he was, we couldn't find him in just one day."

"He might just show uo unexpectedly at some point," Kairi reminded her boyfriend.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

"NO! I WON'T DO IT! I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO DO IT!" James called out making the group look around.

"James, be careful!" Jessie exclaimed.

Team Rocket falls out of their hiding place and land on the ground. And that's when Sora knew Kairi was right. Jessie and Meowth argued with James about going through with it. It was obvious that they wouldn't stop if Sora said anything or not. Sora looks over to Pikachu.

"Pikachu? If you would?" Sora gestures to Pikachu.

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded and launced Thunderbolt right at Team Rocket shocking all three of them.

"Have we calmed down now?" Sora asked.

"You could at least come to your parent's funeral just to say goodbye," Kairi said.

"NEVER!" James stated.

Team Rocket manged to recover fast despite being shocked by Pikachu. Jessie and Meowth just looks at Meowth crossing their arms.

"James, we're becoming really annoyed with you," Jessie said.

"Don't cha wanna be the filthy stinking rich?" Meowth asked.

"I don't know," James lied. He had to come up with an excuse fast; and he found one. "AAH! I FEEL LIKE MY HEAD IS SPLITTING! I CAN'T REMEMBER ANYTHING THAT'S HAPPENED!"

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all looked at James caught off by James's sudden outburst.

"What's the matter with him now?" Lillie asked.

"It's possible James has amnesia," Illima pointed out.

"Or he's faking it," Sora said in a whisper.

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded in agreement.

"I remember flunking out of a prep school and then joining a bicycle gang, then joining Team Rocket afterwards; but everything before is a total blur to me!" James said.

"You sure you don't remember anything before that?" Kiawe asked crossing his arms.

"Try to remember as best as you can. The tiniest part of your memory may help a it," Kairi suggested.

"I'll try," James said trying to search for an excuse. "Oh! I remember something! It was a cold winter's night many years ago..."

(Flashback, Years ago)

The scene opens with the city snowing outside and with young James and his Growlithe walking down the street freezing.

"There was a boy and his faithful Growlithe, Growlie. The boy and his Growlithe hadn't eaten anything for days," James narrated.

Young James fell on the ground and Growlie licks his side to get him up.

"Brr. Growlie, I'm not going to make it. Leave me alone and save yourself," Young James said as he looked towards the local church and sees the angels on the stained glass windows. "The angels have come for me. Farewell... I leave this cruel world for a better place. Remember me, Grow..." Young James passes on as Growlie's eyes fills with tears and howls mourning for his deceased friend.

(Present Day)

"The boy had passed away from this world. Little Growlie howled all night grieving for the boy until he was found frozen solid," James concluded his tale.

Jessie and Meowth were crying their eyes out.

"Oh, that is so very sad!" Jessie cried.

"That poor kid!" Meowth also cried.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine just looked at James as they knew that James had made that up. Sora just facepalmed as he just heard the most ridiculous made-up story he had ever heard.

"I'm sure that's sad and everything. But there is one thing wrong with that story," Sora said.

"Yes? What is it?" Jessie asked still crying.

"Yes, yes. What is wrong with the story?" Meowth also asked. Sora grinned for a moment before he took a deep breath.

"HOW CAN JAMES BE DEAD IF HE'S STANDING RIGHT FREAKING HERE?!" Sora yelled making Jessie and Meowth realize they walked into a made-uo sop story.

"The twerp is right," Jessie said crossing her arms again.

"Can't believe we walked into that one," Meowth said feeling silly.

James looked around to Jessie and Meowth. He knew no amount of excuse would do anything to get out of what they had in mind. Except for...

"I'm mixed up!" James lied.

"Who cares what you remember? Just take the cash!" Jessie said.

"James can't have the inheritance unless he gets married within a day," Sophocles said.

"We'll fake the wedding and take the money," Jessie said.

"That's ridiculous!" James stated.

"Ridiculous? Ha! This whole estate will be yours," Jessie said.

"Yeah!" Meowth cheered.

"I won't do it!" James yelled as he ran knocking Meowth down.

"He's weakening," Jessie said.

"He'll see things our way," Meowth added.

Jessie and Meowth throws a couple of lassos right at James tying him up like a Christmas present. James tried to break free, but he couldn't because he wasted some energy fighting back before.

"It's not going to end well," Hapu said.

"He should be free to decide if he wants to get married or not," Kairi said.

"I agree. But I'm afraid our words cannot misplace their greed," Illima said.

"And even if he does get married; he could have his estate repossessed," Acerola chuckled.

A few minutes later, Jessie and Meowth dressed James in a suit and his mouth gagged while they wore black invisibility cloaks.

"This is great!" Meowth said.

"These costumes are perfect, if I do say so myself!" Jessie said as she controlled James's hand knocking on the door.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all watched as they couldn't pass up the chance to watch them make fools out of themselves. Sora knew they didn't even need each other to do that.

"Yes? Coming!" Hopkins said from behind the door. He answered the door. "May I help you, sir?"

"It's me, James and I have come back," Jessie said using James's voice.

"Welcome home, sir!" Hopkins said speaking through the megaphone. Sora and his friends didn't believe that he actually bought it. "Your parents will be most pleased to see that you have returned! Please come in!"

"Thank you," Jessie said in James's voice as Meowth controlled his legs to walk. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were all confused to hear the butler say that his parents will be pleased to see him back.

"Didn't they die just this morning?" Acerola pointed out.

"That's what the butler said," Lillie said.

"Maybe we should look into this more," Kiawe said.

"Good idea. I just have to see this for myself," Sora said as he and his friends followed them inside watching them right at the door.

"Masters. Evertything is all set! Your son James had come home just as you wished," Hopkins said proudly.

"Oh, mummy and daddy! I'm back home at last to get my money!" Jessie said still using James's voice and quickly realized what she said. "I mean to get my honey. Yes that's what I meant to say." Jessie chuckled.

"Nice recovery," Meowth whispered.

"I'm going to get married, just as it says in your will. And I want cash and not a check," Jessie said in James's voice. Sora facepalmed at the sight.

"What's that?" Hopkins raised a brow.

"Oh, I was only joking of course. Ha-ha," Jessie said disguising her voice. "Oh mom and dad. I wish I could have come back a lot sooner."

Suddenly chuckling can heard from the coffins. Team Rocket, Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine were wide-eyed by the sounds.

"Hey, who's that?" Meowth asked feeling scared.

James's parents jumped right out of the coffins feeling confident that their trap worked.

"Prepare for trouble!" James's father said in James's British accent.

"Yes, dear! And make it double!" James's mother rhymed in a southern accent.

"T-they're..." Jessie started.

"GHOSTS!" Meowth finished.

"I knew it!" Sora spoke lowering his voice not drawing their attention. "They were faking it."

"You mean they're not ghosts? Too bad," Acerola groaned.

"Oh James dear! We're so happy you've come back home!" James's mother said.

"And you're wearing a suit," James's father added.

"They're buried alive!" Jessie said.

"Or they're the most liveliest ghosts I have ever seen," Meowth said. James took off the gag.

"They're not dead, you furry imbecile! It was a trap to get me back here! That was why I was trying to stay away from here! It's just like them to pull a stunt like this!" James exclaimed. That made Jessie and Meowth suspicious.

"Does that mean..." Meowth started.

"...you don't have amnesia?" Jessie finished.

James realized what he just told them so he pretended to have amnesia some more.

"Where am I?! Who am I?!" James fibbed.

"Why you're James and you're about to get married," James's father said.

"Hopkins, prepare the preparations," James's mother ordered.

"Yes madam," Hopkins said carrying Team Rocket in his arms. The butler runs up stairs.

"I've got to escape!" James whispered.

"No you're not! You're tying the knot!" Jessie said.

"Jessie means you're tying the noose," Meowth joked. James's parents runs up the stairs as well.

Once they were out of sight, the group definitely knew what was up.

"You were right, Sora. They were faking their deaths just to get James into a marriage," Kiawe said.

"And I can bet a million bucks that they can see right through their scheme," Hapu said.

The group followed them up to the room where they went in and watched them.

"I'm proud of you. You must have realized you must uphold the family tradition," James's father said.

"As our son and heir, you have certain obligations. The most important one is to marry and continue the family line," James's mother added.

"Right," Jessie said disguising her voice.

"DO I HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO BE MANIPULATED?!" James exclaimed.

"We do not know what you are talking about," James's father claimed.

"We only want what's best for us, I mean for you," James's mother said.

"A man without a wife is like a bumblebee without a nose. You'll never sniff fhe daffodils of life," James's father said.

"You'll learn to be a real gentleman once you marry the girl we have chosen for you," James's mother said. "And here she is!" Hopkins turns the chair James is sitting in making him face a young woman holding a hand fan to cover her face. She wore a dark pink, long gown with white long sleeves and a purple collar and a matching dark pink high heels. "As James's wife, it's your duty to change James into a worthless do-nothing into a respectful gentleman. My dear Jessiebelle."

"As you wish, mother," Jessiebelle said in a voice quite similar to Jessie's, but in a southern accent.

"Am I hearing things or does it sound like there's another Jessie in there?" Sora asked feeling scared. Kairi and the Alolan nine all nodded as they were also feeling scared.

"Meowth! Her voice is catnip to my ears! That's what I call a real lady, not a mean tough girl like Jessie," Meowth said pissing Jessie off. She conks Meowth on the head.

"I'll show you mean and nasty!" Jessie said in a whisper.

"My name is Jessiebelle. And my only wish is to your devoted wife and loving companion," she said lowering her fan. Sora's fears were confirmed when she revealed her face. Her face is exactly like Jessie's, but has a different hairstyle; her hair is tyed in styles of ringlets on each side. And her earrings have three blue pearls each together. "And also, to educate you into the duties of a gentleman of properly."

"She looks like Jessie!" Meowth exclaimed.

"I think we've seen enough," Sora said in a whisper.

"Pikachu," Pikachu agreed.

Everyone had seen enough and rushed out the door without making a sound like in a cartoon and not leaving any evidence of their presence.

Once outside, they waited to see how things would turn out. They didn't wait long until Hopkins threw Jessie and Meowth out on the porch.

"How'd it go?" Sora asked.

"They saw right through us," Meowth said. "Just when we thought they were leading us into their vault that Jessie look-alike sicced her Vileplume at us with its Stun Spore!"

Jessie conks Meowth on the head again at that.

"I told you that she doesn't look anything like me!" Jessie hissed.

"Oh come on! She does look like you! How can you not see it?!" Meowth argued.

"But that doesn't matter because if he marries her, then James gets the inheritance," Jessie moaned.

"If he survives being married to her," Meowth deadpanned.

Everyone turned when they heard a ramming sound coming from inside the doghouse. It sounded like something was trying to break out. Pikachu turns to Sora.

"Pika, Pi! Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Pikachu!" Pikachu said.

"What are you trying to tell me, Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"Pikachu is saying we should let whatever is ramming the door out of the doghouse," Meowth translated.

"Good idea," Sora said taking out a Pokéball. "And I know how to do it." Sora threw the Pokéball. "Venusaur! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out Venusaur.

"Venusaur!" Venusaur said.

"Venusaur! Pull that door open with Vine Whip!" Sora ordered.

"Saur!" Venusaur obeyed as reached one vine on the door and pulled the door open as a Growlithe runs into the mansion.

"Great job, Venusaur! Return," Sora said calling Venusaur back inside. "We did our part for James at this point. Even he dosen't deserve this." Kairi and the Alolan nine took their leave of the estate not wanting to interfere any longer. "Well it looks like we're doing some blasting off of our own!"

"Pikachu," Pikachu agreed.

"Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

Down in the dungeon, Jessiebelle whom is now wearing a dark red, formal short jacket with a white, long-sleeve button shirt with an orange tie, white pants and a matching dark red, thigh-high boots.

"James it's time for the wedding," Jessiebelle said.

"GROWLIE!" James called out. Growlie jumps in front of James protecting him. "Growlie! You've come to save me!"

"Oh no! Now who let you in here?! Vileplume! Use Stun Spore on this horrible thing!" Jessiebelle said.

"Vileplume!" Vileplume fired Stun Spore right at Growlie, but just before he picked James up on his back and ran out.

"Where are you going! Don't leave!" Jessiebelle called out. Jessiebelle changed out of her outfit and into her usual gown watching James and Growlie run into the doghouse with Jessie and Meowth.

"That was so close," James sighed. "Thank you very much, Growlie." Growlie licks James on the face affectionately. "Stop it, Growlie! That tickles!"

"Well James, that fiancee of your is truly despicable," Jessie said.

"Just like Jessie," Meowth said making Jessie beat Meowth good.

"She's the reason I ran away from this place," James said grabbing their attention. "It's a day I just want to forget."

(Flashback, James's childhood)

"Once my engagement to Jessiebelle was announced, she began following me around trying to change me! Nothing I did was refined for her! She even tried to get me to get rid of Growlie for a Skitty!" James narrated.

"Please leave me alone! I can't stand it! Growlie" Young James called making Growlie run out of his doghouse.

Young James was being chased by young Jessiebelle holding an Oddish in her arms.

"Where are you going, James? I haven't finished showing you the correct way of eating spaghetti yet!" Young Jessiebelle said chasing him.

"I want to do things my way, Jessiebelle!" Young James called out.

"You're not running properly! I'll show you the correct way of running! Let me show you the right way." Young Jessiebelle said.

(Back to the present)

"I have always hated how the upper crust society had rules for absolutely everything ever since I was a kid. Jessiebelle is so rich, marrying her will only bring me nothing but misery for the rest of my life!" James said remembering his past. "But Growlie was my only friend. I wouldn't trade him for anything. Not even for a Skitty."

"I have always wondered what it would like to be rich," Jessie said.

"Who would have thought being rich could be such a bummer?" Meowth asked as the wall behind them was destroyed sending them off through the roof. Unknown to Team Rocket, a hooded figure appeared and he had a Pikachu at his side. He wore a full-length black coat with a hood and a waist-high slit going up the back. It has a large silver zipper that fastens at the top and zips down to seal the coat. It has silver drawstrings for the hood decorated with a large silver bead hanging from the end and a silver chain ornament adorned with four large cylindrical silver beads that fastens to a loop on either side of the collarbone region. Judging by the size and appearance of the hooded figure, it would happen to be a boy. He looked at his Pikachu.

"You ready, Pikachu?" The hooded boy asked.

"Pikachu!" His Pikachu said.

"Now what?!" James exclaimed.

"James, my sweet! You can't escape me!" Jessiebelle proclaimed.

"Leave me alone, Jessiebelle!" James said. "I don't want to marry you!" Growlie growls.

"Vileplume! Stun Spore just like before!" Jessiebelle ordered as Vileplume used Stun Spore.

"Okay, Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" The hooded boy ordered.

"Pikachu!" The hooded boy's Pikachu fired Thunderbolt right at the flower Pokémon. James knew it had to come from a Pikachu. Growlie fired Flamethrower right at Vileplume making the both of them run. James saw the Pikachu and ran outside.

"Hey! Wait Pikachu!" James looked outside and saw the Pikachu run back to the boy in the black hood. The hooded figure looked at James.

"Let's try not to make this a regular thing, James," the hooded boy said when he took his leave.

"Wait a minute! Who are you? And how do you know my name?!" James asked. He looked right at Growlie and smiled. "I'm sorry, but I can't stay. But I will ask if you would take good care of my parents for me." Growlie barks promising him. "Goodbye old friend. And keep howling for the both of us." James took his leave as Growlie howls.

Meanwhile, not too far from the estate, Jessie and Meowth are walking down the road.

"It looks like James has chosen to live the highlife and hang up his Team Rocket uniform," Jessie said.

"I guess all that money is way too tempting for James to give up," Meowth said.

"Perhaps you're right," Jessie said.

"Prepare for trouble!" James called out from the hot air balloon catching their attention.

"Hey! It's James!" Meowth said smiling.

"James? Make it double!" Jessie called back as she runs and James pulls her up. "I guess we're not going to get rich this time either."

"Nope. They wouldn't have given me the money anyway. But at least we have our freedom," James said.

"Of course! We'll just go back to making double-trouble, James," Jessie said taking James's hand. Meowth was still on the ground chasing after them.

"What the hell is the matter with you?! Don't leave me behind! Wait for me! Hey! Get the hell back here!" Meowth called from below.

Elsewhere, the hooded boy from before along with his Pikachu are wondering the forest and he met up with two other figures wearing similar black cloaks. One figure is a girl and she has a Togepi of her own and the other is a boy slightly taller than the first boy.

"Where have you been?" The hood girl asked in a familiar voice.

"Just went looking around," the younger hooded boy said taking off his hood. His face revealed. He has black hair done in a cowlick with brown eyes. He also has two lighting bolts-like markings underneath each eye.

The other boy and girl removed their hoods revealing to be Misty and Brock.

"Remember Ash, just because we're in an alternate dimension doesn't mean how have to go around drawing attention," Misty said.

"Misty is right, Ash," Brock said. "Just be careful not to draw attention to yourself."

"I've been careful so far," Ash said. "But where are the other three?"

"They said they had to check something out," Misty answered.

"And we should probably wait for them to come back," Brock said.

"Pika!" Ash's Pikachu said grabbing the trio's attention.

"What's up, Pikachu?" Ash asked.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu pointed as saw Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all walking through the woods. They looked at the group and they were awestruck by the sight. Pikachu was on Sora's shoulder and Kairi was carrying Togepi in her arms.

"Who are they?" Ash asked.

"I don't know," Brock said. "But they have a Pikachu and Togepi of their own."

"But what about the others with those two?" Misty asked.

"I don't know. We should follow them for now," Ash said putting his hood back on.

"Ash! Wait!" Misty and Brock called out. They put their hoods back on and went after them as well.

Over to Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine, they all took a break from their journey.

"Just glad that's over," Sora said.

"Sure is. I can't help but feel that Jessiebelle would just follow us around at some point," Mallow said.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"Well, at least we're far away from her," Kiawe said.

After a short while, Kairi and Mallow got dinner ready. Kairi had Pokémon food ready for everyone and they ate unaware they're bring watched. After a couple of hours, Sora and Kairi looked up in the night sky.

"Sora. What's on your mind?" Kairi asked her boyfriend.

"Well, just thinking. About what it'll be like to be forced into something you don't want to do," Sora said.

"You mean back at the estate?" Kairi asked making Sora nod in confirmation. Kairi grabbed Sora from behind and kissed him on the cheek. "I had often wondered about that too."

"But who needs all that money when all you need is good friends, good Pokémon, and a good girlfriend. A girlfriend just like you." That made Kairi smile as she kissed Sora right on the lips.

"Always so upbeat. Always so positive. That's why I love you so much, Sora," Kairi said.

"And I love you too, Kairi," Sora said giving Kairi another kiss on the lips. Ash, Misty, and Brock were watching them with their hoods still on.

"That is so sweet!" Misty gushed at the sight.

"Those two were made for each other," Brock agreed.

"Made for what exactly?" Ash asked confused.

"Maybe you'll understand when you are a little old enough," Misty joked. "Let's go before they see us."

"Pikachu," Ash's Pikachu agreed as they left.

Bet you didn't see that coming! Ash making an appearance in this fic! But along with Misty and Brock! But Ash isn't the only one! Red, Blue, and Green will make an appearance as well. But wait until then. That'll be all for now.