Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Pokémon Paparazzi! ( Chapter 54 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 54: Pokémon Paparazzi!

A few days went by since the run-in with James's family and his crazy fiancee, but things went pretty much went back to the way it was before then. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all continued to make their way to Cinnabar Island for his next Gym battle.

Along the way, Sora is challenged into a battle by a girl in pigtails and she has a Persian ready for battle.

"So a Persian is it?" Sora said taking out a Pokéball and threw it. "Pidgeotto! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out his Pidgeotto. "Pidgeotto! Use Wing Attack!" Pidgeotto obeyed Sora flying straight to the cat Pokémon.

"Persian dodge it!" The girl ordered. Persian moved out of the way before the attack could hit. "Now use Fury Swipes!" Persian obeyed by swiping its claws right at Pidgeotto.

"Pidgeotto! Blow it away with Gust!" Sora ordered as Pidgeotto flapped his wings creating a strong tornado. "Now use Aerial Ace!" Pidgeotto used his speed attack to land a good powerful hit. Persian was down for the count.

"Persian, return," the girl calls Persian back into its Pokéball. She pulls out another Pokéball. "Clefable! Go!" The Pokéball lets out a Clefable.

"You still good for a go, Pidgeotto?" Sora asked. Pidgeotto nods. "Okay, Pidgeotto! Go in for Steel Attack!" Pidgeotto dives in towards Clefable with Steel Wing knowing Clefable's weakness.

"Protect!" The girl ordered as Clefable formed a protective shield around itself and the attack bounced back. "Now use Ice Beam!" Clefable fires Ice Beam right at the bird Pokémon.

"Dodge it with Aerial Ace!" Sora called out as Pidgeotto used his speed attack on Clefable. The attack does land, but she had an ace up her sleeve.

"Thunder Punch!" The girl called out as Clefable threw a lightning punch right at Pidgeotto. Pidgeotto got hit bad and became paralyzed from the attack.

"Return, Pidgeotto!" Sora said calling Pidgeotto back. He took out and threw his Safari Ball. "Venomoth! Go!" The Safari Ball opens and stars swirls around Venomoth upon entry. "Use Venoshock!" Venomoth fired Venoshock right at the fairy Pokémon.

"Protect!" The girl ordered as Clefable activated Protect before it could hit. "Now use Ice Beam!" Clefable fired Ice Beam right at the poison moth Pokémon.

"Dodge and use Psybeam!" Sora called as Venomoth fired Psybeam right into Clefable's face. The attack left the opposing Pokémon dizzy.

"Clefable! Shake it off and use Thunder Punch!" The girl called out as Clefable ended up hurting itself in its fatigue.

"That's great, Venomoth! Full-powered Psybeam attack!" Sora ordered as Venomoth fired a full-power beam knocking the Clefable out. Sora praised his Venomoth. "Way to go, Venomoth! You really came through for me!" Venomoth smiled.

"I almost had you," the girl said walking up to Sora. "You're a tough trainer."

"Thanks. You too," Sora said shaking her hand.

The girl took her leave and the same for Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine unaware they were being tailed. A mysterious figure holds up a camera taking snapshots of Pikachu.

The group made a stop next to a river for some lunch. Kairi started feeding Togepi some riceballs.

"Okay, Togepi. Open wide," Kairi said smiling.

"Pi!" Togepi said eating the tiny piece Kairi was offering him. Togepi liked anything Kairi gave him.

"Be sure you chew every bite," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge!"

Kairi giggled as she continued to feed Togepi some more.

As the group ate their lunch, the mysterious figure followed them right toawrds their spot, hiding in the grass.

"Okay, I have the Pikachu right in my sights. Now don't move," the mysterious figured whispered.

As everyone ate, Sophocles noticed a flash inbthe grass. He saw what was pointing at them. He began to have fears that a sniper may have targeted them out of random.

"Everybody down!" Sophocles panicked as he knocked everyone down on the ground. He even knocked over the rice in the river.

"Hey! What are you do-AAH!" Sora yelped.

Everyone started yelling what he was doing as Sophocles ducked shaking in fear waiting for the blow to come. Togepi started crying.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here, I'm here," Kairi said trying to calm Togepi down. "It's okay, it's okay."

"What is the matter with you, Sophocles? It's bad enough you had to knock our lunch in the river, but you had to drag all of us down with it!" Sora admonished Sophocles.

"And making Togepi cry," Kairi added.

"Yeah, what gives?" Kiawe questioned.

"I just thought I saw a sniper," Sophocles said.

"Where?" Sora asked.

"There!" Sophocles said pointing at where he saw the flash.

"There's nobody there," Sora said.

"Because he's hiding in there!" Sophocles said taking out his Pokéball. "And I'll prove it! Togedemaru! Go!" He throws his Pokéball and lets out Togedemaru. "Discharge at one o'clock!" Togedemaru fires Discharge right at the figure, shocking him good. It turns out to be a boy with brown curly hair wearing a red and purple striped shirt, blue shorts, black fingerless gloves and brown shoes. The boy screams as he drops his camera. Sophocles realized his mistake and calls Togedemaru back.

"What'd you do that for?" The boy asked after being shocked.

"Is everything okay?" Kairi asked.

The boy checked his camera making sure it was damaged by Togedemaru's attack.

"It's working just fine, thanks," the boy answered.

"Not the camera; you!" Kairi corrected him.

"But this camera is my life!" The boy said holding his camera.

"Well, you should get yourself a new life!" Sophocles hissed at him. "Why were you spying on us?"

"I wasn't SPYING on you. My name is Todd Snap; and I love to take pictures! And you didn't have to sic your Togedemaru on me and flip out like that!" Todd said.

"I had every right to flip out because I thought your stupid camera was a gun!" Sophocles snapped at him.

"Technically, he is right," Illima said.

"People can have misunderstandings about certain situations," Mallow added.

"You can get yourself arrested for that you know," Lana also added.

"Look, I'm sorry for scaring all of you like that. But I was trying take a picture of that Pikachu," Todd said.

"Wait a minute. You mean this whole misunderstanding was caused just because you were going to snap a picture of my Pikachu?" Sora asked raising a brow. "You couldn't ask us for persmission first?"

"Asking for permission defeats the purpose because I didn't want it to know I was there," Todd reasoned. "I never liked them to looked posed. For you see..." Todd paused before he took his pose. "I am the number one Pokémon Photo Master!"

"Pokémon Photo Master?" Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all questioned all at once.

"That's right!" Todd said.

"Well, my name is Sora. Sora Ketchum. And this is my girlfriend Kairi," Sora said. "The rest are Lillie, Illima, Kiawe, Mallow, Lana, Sophocles, Acerola, Mina, and Hapu."

"Hello," Kairi said.

Todd led the group to his house offering them some tea.

"You may not know my name, but I'm sure you heard of the photographer who has taken the only known photo of the prehistoric Pokémon Aerodactyl," Todd said proudly as he saw his guests confused. "You mean you never heard of me?"

Sora, "No."

Kairi, "No."

Lillie, "No."

Illima, "No."

Kiawe, "No."

Mallow, "No."

Lana, "No."

Sophocles, "No."

Acerola, "No."

Mina, "No."

Hapu, "No."

Todd did an anime-style fall on the fall being not able to believe what he just heard.

"You mean you never really heard of me?!" Todd exclaimed.

"Maybe because we've been on the road so news like that don't reach us," Hapu said as Mina nodded in agreement.

"You said you have a photo of an Aerodactyl?" Illima asked with curiosity.

"That's right. I'll show you!" Todd ruses over and grabs a magazine and opens it up to show them. "And here it is! Exhibit A!" The photo shows an Aerodactyl flying in the air, but with something in its claws.

"Oh, wow! You really are famous!" Lana said surprised.

"She's right. He's his name and picture," Acerola said.

"Wait a minute. Dosen't this scene look familiar to anyone?" Kiawe asked. Everyone was curious about what he mean. Everyone, especially Sora knew that scene pretty well.

"That's the same Aerodactyl we saw!" Hapu remembered.

"And it's also the same Aerodactyl that I caught!" Sora also remembered.

"Wait a minute! You caught this Aerodactyl?" Todd asked.

"Yeah, I did! I know because that's me it's carrying! Right there!" Sora said pointing to what it's carrying.

Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all remembered about Sora's experience with prehistoric Pokémon and how his Charmeleon evolved and battled Aerodactyl before he captured it. Todd was pretty skeptical about this claim so he zoomed in on the photo and he sees Sora being carried confirming the claim.

"Wow! That puny thing really is you!" Todd said looking at the image.

"Oh, gee. Thanks," Sora said sarcastically.

"I find it ironic how two people can brought together just because of a single photograph. It's pretty funny when you think about it! I didn't even noticed it was even you! Nobody knows who you are and I take it and I get world famous!" Todd said.

"Oh, I'm rolling with laughter," Sora said with even more sarcasm. "Why don't we all just have a laugh about it and we can all have some tea while we're floating on the ceiling?"

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. How about I make it up to you with some pancakes? Won't that make it better?" Todd asked.

"I guess," Sora said. "What's the catch?"

"No catch. I could just take a few pictures while your Pikachu eats the pancakes," Todd said.

"Aha! I knew it! There is a catch!" Sophocles said. "Trying to bribe us just to take a few photos! And don't worry, I'll be sure to capture your best side!"

"Please consider my offer. Just pretend that I'm not even here," Todd said.

"We should take him on his offer, Sora. It was just a misunderstanding," Kairi said.

"Togepi."

"Yeah," Mina said.

Sora looked over to Sophocles whom was still steamed about scaring them; but Todd never intended to do so, but he did offer to make up to them with a pancake lunch.

"Oh, okay. I guess we should take you up for that. And we didn't get to eat much," Sora said. "And besides, if you wanna make it up to us, I can't say no to that."

"Great!" Todd beamed. After several minutes, he came put of his kitchen with enough pancakes for everyone. Everyone started to chow down on the pancakes Todd had made for everyone.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said as he grabbed a knife and fork and started to chow down. As Pikachu kept eating, Todd got his camera ready to snap a picture of Pikachu eating the pancakes, he looks at the photographer feeling nervous. "Keep eating. Just pretend that I'm not even here."

"PIKACHU!" Pikachu shocks Todd as soon as he got the shot.

"Telling Pikachu to pretend that you're not here wouldn't do it," Sora said. "So you can show us some other pictures you took as soon as we're done eating?"

"Sure thing," Todd obliges his guests. As soon as they're done eating, they have a look in the room to see photos of Pokémon naturally in the wild.

"Quite an impressive gallery," Illima said.

"It's amazing," Mallow said.

"It sure is," Lillie added.

"You must done a lot of traveling during your career," Kiawe said.

"This is what I wanted to show the world," Todd said. "Pokémon in their natural environment. Happy and naturally."

"But why my Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"We have some Pokémon with us, so why not take some pictures of them?" Lillie asked.

"That's great and all, but I only need pictures of Pikachu," Todd reasoned. "But just you wait, Pikachu! I'll capture a picture of you yet!"

"Pika," Pikachu said feeling nervous.

Shortly after their lunch, the group took their leave and continued on to Cinnabar Island. Todd is still following them like a shadow holding his camera.

"Gotta admit that was good. But didn't he seemed rather obsessed with taking a picture of Pikachu?" Sora asked.

"He did. But it looked like he had a reason to do that," Kairi said.

"Yeah. But at least the pancakes were good," Mallow said.

"They're not pancakes from Alola, but you gotta admit, they were pretty good," Sophocles said.

Todd held his camera remembering his promise he made.

(Flashback, not too long ago)

It takes place in a nursing home with an elderly couple with a Meowth.

"Please, we need your help," the old woman said.

"Help us, please," the old man said.

"Of course. How can I help you two?" Todd asked.

"There's a Pikachu we desire so eagerly," the old woman said taking out some photos. "Here it is." She shown the young photographer some photos of Sora's Pikachu.

"These photos rot," Todd said. "These were taken by a complete amateur."

"Please. Grant this old lady one last wish before I pass away," the old woman said pleaded as her husband and Meowth cried.

"This Pikachu is very important to her," the old man said.

"They must have had a Pikachu just like this one. I'll get a very good picture of Pikachu even if it kills me," Todd said in his thoughts.

"I'll take the job," Todd said.

"You will?!" The old woman asked.

"Sure. You can count on me!" Todd nodded.

"Oh, thank you so very much! We would appreciate that you don't tell anyone who has hired you for the job," the old man said.

"Don't worry. Your identity is as good as safe. I would never reveal the identities of my clients," Todd said.

(Back to the present)

"I have to keep my promise. I have to make her dream come true," Todd said in his thoughts.

Meanwhile, at the same nursing home, it was revealed to be Team Rocket had hired Todd for the job.

"So Meowth. Where did you find this kid? Can he catch Pikachu like you said he would?" Jessie asked.

"That's according to Pokémon Times. It says he's the best at catching Pokémon," Meowth said.

"Well, he did show us his gallery of the Pokémon he had caught," James said.

"He said something about taking a shot with Pikachu or something like that," Meowth said.

"Who cares? As long as he captures Pikachu, we can take all the credit when we present it to the boss!" Jessie stated.

"And we finally get that big promotion we rightfully deserve!" James added.

Team Rocket snickers among themselves unaware that a hooded boy wearing the same black cloak as Ash, Misty, and Brock listening to their plan.

"The Team Rocket in my world would be embarrassed if they had members like them," the hooded boy said. "Might as well throw a monkey wrench in their operation."

Team Rocket dashed off to get to where Sora and his friends are, only for the hooded boy to follow.

Back with Sora and his friends, they made a stop at a small lake for Sora and Pikachu to splash some water on their faces. Todd pops out to snap a picture only for Pikachu dodge the snapshot.

"You'll have to be quicker than a whip to get Pikachu!" Sora said grinning. Todd tried again by hanging upside down only for Sora to do a flex muscle pose getting in the way. "Cheese," Sora said in a Schwarzenegger voice.

"I'll get that picture even if it kills me!" Todd hissed in frustration.

Back to Team Rocket, they had done digging a hole to trap Sora and his friends. They get out of the hole and cover it up with sticks, leaves, and dirt. As soon as they saw Todd coming, they quickly turned on their disguises.

"Sorry. I haven't taken that Pikachu for you, yet," Todd said.

"I'm sure you'll get it eventually," Jessie said.

Just when James was about to tell him about the hole trap, she covered his mouth and dragged him away. He looks down and felt the dirt of the trap.

"Soft dirt. It'll make it easier to capture Pikachu," Todd said. He set his camera up to set to take the picture. He waited patiently for the group to show up with Pikachu soon enough. The hooded boy waited for them as well. He spotted Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine approaching. He pulls out a Pokéball and threw it letting out a Raichu.

"I have a job for you, Raichu. You up for it?" The hooded boy asked.

"Rai!" Raichu answered.

"Great! Here's what I want you to do!" The hooded boy said smiling under the hood. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine were walking down the road when Raichu ran across from them.

"Raichu?" Raichu pretending to be confused.

"Hey! A Raichu!" Sora pointed out.

"What could it be doing here?" Kiawe asked.

"It might be a wild one," Lillie guessed.

"Well if it is, then I want it!" Sophocles said taking out his Pokéball. He threw it. "Magnemite! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out Magnemite.

"Raichu!" Raichu said running off.

"Hey! Come back here!" Sophocles shouted.

"Sophocles!" Sora called out chasing after him.

Kairi, Pikachu and the rest of the Alolan nine all followed their friend not wanting anything to happen.

The hooded boy chuckled, "Great distraction, Raichu. Now it's time for my next part of my plan."

Todd was flabbergasted by the sight.

"That wasn't supposed to happen," Todd said. "Plan or no plan; I'm going to catch that Pikachu on film yet!" Todd ran after them. Team Rocket came out of their hiding spot confused by what he said.

"Did I just hear what I thought I heard?" Jessie asked.

"I think he said he was going to capture Pikachu on film," James said.

"Meowth?" Jessie and James looked at the cat Pokémon being peeved.

"I-It is according to Pokémon Times magazine that he does catch Pokémon," Meowth said looking at the magazine page with his article; he froze at what he saw. "On film. Oops. My mistake. I just thought he literally catches Pokémon." Meowth chuckles nervously as Jessie and James growls in annoyance.

"YOU IDIOT! HOW THE HELL COULD YOU MAKE SUCH A STUPID MISTAKE LIKE THAT?!" Jessie and James both exclaimed.

"Who cares? Let's just go after them!" Jessie said.

"Right!" James said. "If you want the job done right, do it yourself!"

Team Rocket were about to go after them when the hooded boy stood in the way. James gasped as he recognized the black cloak.

"Going somewhere?" The hooded boy asked.

"What is this?" Meowth asked.

"Just some brat going around dressed like it's Halloween? That is the tackiest costume I have ever seen!" Jessie scoffed.

"You looked in the mirror lately?" The hooded boy taunted taking out a Pokéball. "Charizard! Go!" He threw his Pokéball and it lets out his Charizard.

"So it's a battle you want? It's a battle you're going to have!" Jessie said taking her own Pokéball and throwing it in the air. "Arbok! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out her Arbok. "James, it's your turn!" Jessie turns to James as he stares at the hooded boy pointing at him. "James! Move it or lose it!"

"Oh, right!" James said taking out one of his Pokéballs and threw it. "Weezing! I choose you!" The Pokéball lets out his Weezing. "Weezing! Sludge!" Weezing fires Sludge right at Charizard.

"Arbok! Use Poison Sting!" Jessie ordered as Arbok fires Poison Sting right at Charizard.

"Charizard! Dodge it!" The hooded boy ordered as Charizard flew in the air."Mega Punch on Arbok!" Charizard obeys landing a powerful punch on the cobra Pokémon. "Now use Mega Kick on Weezing!" Charizard lands a very strong kick onto Weezing. "Now use Fire Blast!" The hooded boy's Charizard fired Fire Blast right at Team Rocket's Pokémon sending them back. An explosion occurs as they go flying in the air.

"Beaten by some twerp in a hood!" Jessie groaned.

"This really never happened in the anime!" Meowth stated breaking the fourth wall.

"IT LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" Team Rocket shouted as they go flying in the sky and a star twinkles in the distance.

"Those three are exactly what Ash said they were," the hooded boy said. "Now better find Raichu." He took off running in the woods.

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine were continuing to pursue the hooded boy's Raichu. The mouse Pokémon jumped in the tall grass. The group looked around for it.

"Where did that Raichu go? Here Raichu, Raichu, Raichu," Sophocles called out. "Come to Sophocles."

"I don't think it'll show up if you call for it," Hapu deadpanned.

"She's right. That Raichu is long gone," Kairi said.

"But where did it come from?" Lana asked.

"No idea. But it was some coincidence," Acerola said.

"Totally," Mina said.

Todd manages to catch up and take the photos of Pikachu.

"Yes! I've got it! I got a good shot!" Todd cheered grabbing everyone's attention. "Just a few more." Todd did take the right amount of Pikachu. "And that is that!"

"So you think," a voice called out from behind. Todd turned to see the hooded boy standing there. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all saw him as well.

"Hey! Who are you?" Sora called out to him.

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu got ready for a battle.

"Calm down, buddy. I'm on your side. The photographer was hired by a couple members of Team Rocket disguised as an elderly couple," the hooded boy revealed. Everyone was shocked by what they heard; Todd especially.

"Members of Team Rocket?!" Todd exclaimed.

"Why would they hire a photographer?" Illima asked confused.

"I thought they just wanted Pikachu himself," Lillie pointed out.

"They did. They just thought he was going to literally capture Pikachu for them," the hooded boy said. "But they won't causing trouble for you guys for a while."

"You didn't answer my question! I asked who are you!" Sora called out to him.

"That is not important. The less you know, the better," the hooded boy said. His Raichu comes out of hiding and he calls it back in its Pokéball leaving everyone confused. He takes his leave. Todd was shocked to hear that he was a tool that was thought to steal someone's Pokémon and misunderstood what his clients meant. He turned to Sora with regret in his eyes.

"Sora. I am so very sorry. I swear I didn't know that they were crooks in disguise I..." Todd said before Sora cut him off.

"Don't worry about it. It wasn't your fault," Sora said kindly. "You couldn't have known you were a tool. You can take as many pictures of Pikachu as much as you want. Right Pikachu?"

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded.

A little while later, Todd decided to take one last picture.

"I don't normally do humans, but in your case, I'll make an exception," Todd said setting his camera to snap. He goes to take his spot in the photo only to trip into Sora. The photo snaps with the group laughing. They said their goodbyes to the young photographer as he heads in his own way.

Meanwhile, the hooded boy meets up with Ash, Misty, and Brock with their hoods down. He removed his hood to reveal his face. He had pale brown hair and gray eyes.

"Hey Red," Ash greeted.

"Glad to see you back," Brock said.

"Did you find him yet?" Misty asked.

"No," Red answered shaking his head. "But I managed to foil an attempted Pokémon theft."

"Let me guess. Jessie, James, and Meowth of Team Rocket," Ash sighed. "It's not really surprising when you think about it."

"Pikachu," Ash's Pikachu agreed.

"What's to be expected in the multiverse?" Brock questioned. "There's always a constant."

"That's right. Again, I'm sorry I had to pull you out of your world to help us out," Red apologized.

"Don't worry about it," Misty said. "By now we're used to weird stuff happening to us."

"Togepi!"

"Misty's right. We only came along with you and the others because we want to save our home," Brock said.

"And he has to be somewhere around this world. You did tell us he's not from this world; or any of ours," Ash said.

"That's right. But as you said, it's not over until itit's over," Red said. "We should get back to searching."

Ash, Misty, and Brock all nodded as they put their hoods back on and set off to continue their search.

Who is it that Red, Ash, Misty, and Brock are talking about? Could it be someone so sinister it could make Team Rocket seem nice? Just wait and see until next time.