Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Lea and Isa ( Chapter 55 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 55: Lea and Isa

Okay, at some point originally, I was going to have Lea appear and decided not to let that happen; and I also stated that no other Kingdom Hearts characters would make an appearance in this fic, but Lea and Isa will be an exception. Also, Hayner, Pence, and Olette will have an appearance later; and those appearances will be surprising for you. And I'm not telling you what that is! Well, anyway, here it is! Enjoy!

A couple of days went by. Ash has took off his black cloak and reveal to wear white and blue short-sleeved jacket with gold trim, white collar and sleeves, a dark teal T-shirt, blue jeans with light blue cuffs, black and white sneakers with red dots, green fingerless gloves with light green borders and a red and white cap with a green stylized "L".

"It's good to wear regular clothes for a living. Right Pikachu?" Ash asked his partner.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu nodded.

"No matter what dimension we're in, there has to be pretty good trainers around here! Let's get some training done!" Ash said with enthusiasm.

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu said.

Just as Ash set off to look for a trainer to battle, a small wind blew just strong enough to blow his cap off his head.

"Hey! My hat!" Ash called out. The cap lands in front of two teenage boys, one with red fire spiky hair and blue-green eyes. He wore a sleeveless orange jacket with a white, sleeveless shirt underneath, and tan, baggy pants with red and white sneakers and black socks. The pockets of his jacket are a much darker shade of orange than the rest of it. He also wears a yellow and brown keffiyeh around his neck.

The other teenage boy has short sky blue hair and green eyes. He wore short-sleeved, navy blue jacket with a light blue stripe going along his shoulders to the ends of his sleeves. The jacket's collar is rather high and sky blue in coloration, as are the ends of the sleeves and the bottom hem of the jacket. There is a yellow crescent moon symbol prominently displayed on the left breast of the jacket. He also wore shoes with what appears to be a grayish trim on the bottom.

The red-haired boy picked up the cap and turned to Ash.

"Hey! This yours?" He asked him.

"Yeah! Thanks a lot," Ash said taking back his cap.

"Lea! We don't have time for this!" The blue-haired boy called out to his friend.

"Lighten up, Isa! It'll only take a second," Lea said before taking a look at Ash. "Never seen you before. The name's Lea! Got it memorized? L-E-A. What's your name?"

"It's Ash!" Ash chuckled shaking Lea's hand. "And this my best friend Pikachu!"

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said.

"Your best friend is a Pokémon? That's cute! I bet you're pretty good in a Pokémon battle," Lea said.

"You mean it?!" Ash beamed. "I'm always ready for a battle!"

"I like your attitude! You're in rush to lose?" Lea taunted taking out a Pokéball.

"You're the one whose going to lose!" Ash accepted Lea's challenge.

"That's the spirit! Hope you're ready!" Lea said. "Okay, Growlithe! Go for it!" Lea threw his Pokéball letting out a Growlithe.

"Okay, Pikachu! I choose you!" Ash said.

"Pika!" Pikachu said.

"You can make the first move, Ashy-boy," Lea said.

"Thanks! Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Ash ordered.

"Pikachu!" Ash's Pikachu fired Thunderbolt straight at Lea's Growlithe.

"Growlithe! Dodge and use Flame Charge!" Growlithe. Lea ordered as Growlithe engulfed itself in flames charging towards the otherworldly Pikachu.

"Pikachu, dodge with Agility!" Ash ordered as his Pikachu ran out of the way before it could hit.

"Growlithe! Bite!" Lea ordered. Growlithe jumped towards Pikachu to land a bite.

"Pikachu! Use Quick Attack!" Ash ordered as his Pikachu hit Lea's Growlithe.

Isa watched the battle closely with interest. For some reason he can't explain, he sees something in Ash; but he didn't know what it was.

"Fire Fang!" Lea called out as Growlithe jumped towards Pikachu with its mouth engulfed with flames.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt now!" Ash called out.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu fired Thunderbolt again and it was a perfect hit. Growlithe landed on the ground beaten.

"Growlithe!" Lea called out running to its side. "You okay?" Growlithe barks nodding. "You gave it your all; don't sweat it." He calls Growlithe back. "You're better than I thought, Ash. You win."

"And I thought you would say something about calling it a draw. And knowing you from where I stood, the only thing you would draw would be a big L on your forehead for 'Loser'... 'Lame'... 'Laughable'... something like that," Isa said.

"Wha-? Isn't this the part where ya cheer me up or something?" Lea asked. "Say something like 'You're just having a bad day' or 'That's what you get for pulling your punches!' Some friend you are!"

"Oh, so you mean I supposed to lie," Isa joked.

"You see what I have to put up? Sure hope you don't have friends like him," Lea said.

All three boys and Pikachu all laughed.

"Lea. We have to go," Isa said.

"Kay!" Lea said.

"You're just taking off?" Ash asked.

"Pika?" Pikachu also asked.

"I'll see ya when I see ya. We're friends now," Lea said making Ash smile. "Get it memorized."

"You've got it, Lea," Ash said still smiling.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said.

Lea joins up with Isa as he sighs while shaking his head.

"What is it with you and picking up stray puppies?" Isa asked his friend.

"I want everybody I meet to remember me! Inside people's memories, I can live forever!" Lea said.

"I know I won't forget you. Believe me, I try all the time," Isa said.

"See, I'm immortal!" Lea said.

"You're obnoxious!" Isa laughed. "Come on, let's go."

Ash smiles as he watched the two older boys leave. He knew he was getting fond of them; especially Lea. A few minutes later, Ash puts his black cloak back on and continues his search.

Elsewhere, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine continued on to Cinnabar Island for Sora's seventh Gym battle. But the thought of the hooded boy still lingered in their minds. They wondered who he was and why he helped them like that. And why would he send out his Raichu to distract them?

The group decided not to dwell on it too much. They made a small stop to pick some berries.

"Any of these any good?" Sora asked his girlfriend holding some in his hands.

"They look fresh enough," Kairi confirmed. Sora hands the berries to her.

After some berry picking, Sora accessed his Pokédex and exchanged Venomoth for Lycanroc. Sora took Venusaur, Charizard, Wartortle, Pidgeotto, and Lycanroc so as Sora can polish his Pokéballs.

Just when Sora was done polishing his Pokéballs, a tall man approached Sora and challenged Sora to a battle.

"Wanna battle with me? Just don't cry to mommy when you lose," the man said.

"You're the one who is gonna cry!" Sora said taking out a Pokéball.

"Bring it!" He took a Great Ball out and threw it. "Passimian! Go!" The Great Ball lets out a black and white lemur-like Pokémon with a helmut resembling half a coconut shell. It has green leaves on its body and holding a large berry resembling a coconut. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Passimian, the Teamwork Pokémon

Type: Fighting

They form groups of roughly 20 individuals. Their mutual bond is remarkable—they will never let down a comrade. They battle with hard berries for weapons. Their techniques are passed from the boss to the group, generation upon generation.

"That's real teamwork," Sora commented. He took out a Pokéball and threw it. "Pidgeotto! Let's go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out Pidgeotto. "Wing Attack!" Pidgeotto dove down to hit Passimian.

"Passimian! Acrobatics!" The large man ordered as Passimian holds its berry over its head and goes flying in a blue aura right at Pidgeotto dealing heavy damage. "Now use Rock Tomb!" Passimian slammed into the ground as pillars of rocks pops out of the ground, hitting Pidgeotto hard.

"Pidgeotto! Use Aerial Ace!" Sora called out as Pidgeotto used his speed attack to dive a direct hit on Passimian.

"Rock Tomb again!" The large man called out. Passimian used Rock Tomb as rock pillars pop out.

"Aerial Ace combined with Steel Wing!" Sora ordered as Pidgeotto used used both attack to break through the rocks. Sora's opponent was caught by surprise by this combo attack. Kairi and the Alolan nine were all surprised as well.

Pidgeotto landed a good direct hit on the lemur Pokémon knocking it out.

"That's the way!" Sora cheered.

"Pika, Pikachu!" Pikachu also cheered.

The large man calls Passimian back to its Great Ball. He pulled out a regular Pokéball. "Okay, Hitmontop! Go!" The Pokéball lets out a Hitmontop and spins upon entry. Hitmontop lands on its feet as Sora pulled out his Pokédex once again.

Hitmontop, the Hanstand Pokémon

An evolved form of Tyrogue

Type: Fighting

Hitmontop spins on its head at high speed, all the while delivering kicks. This technique is a remarkable mix of both offense and defense at the same time. The Pokémon travels faster spinning than it does walking.

"And Hitmontop makes three on the Tyrogue line," Sora said putting his Pokédex away. "Okay, Pidgeotto. Come on back." Sora calls Pidgeotto back inside and pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Charizard! Go!" The Pokéball opens as Charizard lets out a loud roar.

"So it's a Charizard against my Hitmontop, huh? Okay Hitmontop! Rolling Kick!" The large man oredered as Hitmontop kicks Charizard's sides with its legs."Great! Now use Triple Kick!" Hitmontop delivers three sets of kicks to Charizard.

"Use Dragon Claw!" Sora ordered as Charizard swipes at Hitmontop with his claws. "Now use Flamethrower!" Charizard fires Flamethrower right at the opposing Pokémon.

"Shake it off and move in with Rapid Spin!" The large man called out as Hitmontop spins towards the flame Pokémon with incredible speed.

"Dodge it!" Sora called as Charizard flew in the air before Hitmontop could land a hit. "Use Fire Fang!" Charizard charged in with his jaws emitting fire and landed a bite on Hitmontop. "Wing it with Wing Attack!" Charizard hits the handstand Pokémon with his wings. Hitmontop was down for the count now.

"Hitmontop, return!" The large man said calling Hitmontop back inside. He pulls out another Pokéball and threw it. "Okay Poliwrath! Go!" The Pokéball opens and lets out a Poliwrath.

"Come on back, Charizard," Sora said calling Charizard back. He pulls out a Pokéball and threw it "Move on in, Wartortle!" The Pokéballs opens and lets out Wartortle.

"Wartortle!" Wartortle said.

"Okay, Wartortle! Start up with Aqua Tail!" Sora ordered as he swung his water-covered tail right at Poliwrath.

"Poliwrath! Block it with Water Pulse!" The large man ordered as Poliwrath forms a ball of water. The two attacks collides sending both back. "Now use Circle Throw!" Poliwrath grabs Wartortle and spins in a circle and gave Wartortle a pretty good throw.

"Aqua Jet!" Sora called out as Wartortle flew in a jet of water and headed towards Poliwrath. Poliwrath couldn't avoid the attack on time as the attack landed.

"Poliwrath! Body Slam now!" The large man ordered as Poliwrath attempted to land a body slam on the turtle Pokémon.

"Dodge and use Aqua Tail!" Sora called out as Wartortle swung at Poliwrath with a strong water attack. Poliwrath was sent flying right to its trainer.

"Mommy, can I have some milk and cookies before naptime?" The large man said in a daze.

With the battle over, the two trainers shook hands and they set off on their journey. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine stopped by a nearby town at the local Pokémon Center to have their Pokémon checked in. Nurse Joy came out with Togepi in her arms.

"Your Togepi is just as healthy as ever. You did a great job taking care of it," Nurse Joy said in a smile.

"Thanks Nurse Joy," she said taking Togepi back in her arms. Nurse Joy bowed her head and took her leave to attend to some other patients. "You're such a brave little guy, Togepi." Kairi raised the baby Pokémon in the air.

"Toge, Toge, Togepi!" Togepi laughed being held in the air.

Elsewhere, not too far in the same city, Lea and Isa get thrown out of the local casino by a security guard for being underaged.

"Get out and stay out! I'm calling the cops if I see you little sneaks in here again!" The security guard yelled.

"We wouldn't come back here on a dare," Isa called out.

"Yeah! This place sucks anyway!" Lea said taking his leave with his friend.

A little later, the group let their Pokémon out to do some stretching while Togepi was playing with Pikachu.

"Don't let Togepi wonder too far, Pikachu," Sora said.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu said giving a salute.

Pikachu went off to play with Togepi. Snowy, Togedemaru, Bellsprout, Mimikyu, and Clefairy joined in on the fun. The fun went on until Marowak and Mudsdale started having a small fight.

Pikachu went over to break up the fight. Togepi spotted a small ball roll by and Togepi went to chase after it. Snowy, Togedemaru, Bellsprout, Mimikyu, and Clefairy didn't notice even notice Togepi leaving their side. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine all heard the commotion going on and rushed to the scene.

"Hey, Marowak! Cut that out!" Kiawe called out rurunning to Marowak.

"You too, Mudsdale!" Hapu added going to her Mudsdale.

Marowak threw his bone at the horse Pokémon and rushed to trample on the bonekeeper Pokémon.

"No! Don't!" Hapu pleaded.

"PIKACHU!" Pikachu shocked everyone all except for Mudsdale and the other Pokémon because of her immunity to electricity and they were at a safer distance. Pikachu stopped with the shocks.

Not too far off Togepi catches up with the ball and grabs it.

"Toge, Toge, Togepi!" Togepi chirped. Lea and Isa come walking by when they spotted the baby Pokémon in front of them. Togepi looked to the new people in front of him. "Toge?"

"Hello. What do we have here?" Lea said bending down on his knees. "Where did you come from?"

"This is interesting. A Togepi," Isa pointed out.

"A what?" Lea questioned turning to his friend.

"As in the Spike Ball Pokémon. I've seen it in a book back at school. Did you even read it or did you sleep in class?" Isa joked.

"I read it," Lea stated.

"Oh really. Was that through your eyelids?" Isa joked making Lea wince. "Can you tell me what Type it is?"

"Um..." Lea froze as he knew he was in a spot.

"You don't know, do you? Okay Lea. It's a Fairy Type Pokémon. And it stores happiness in its shell," Isa explained.

"Who cares what it does, because I want one!" Lea said. "And I want this one!"

"You just happen to see one and decided to make that Togepi yours? Not a good idea, Lea. It might belong to someone," Isa pointed out.

"How do you know that?" Lea asked smugly.

"I can tell just by looking at it. We should look for its trainer," Isa said.

"I guess," Lea said grudgingly picking Togepi up. "Let's go find whoever looking for you."

"Toge, Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

Lea and Isa set off to look for Togepi's trainer. Togepi would normally cry out when held by strangers, but he felt safe with Lea for some reason.

Back to the group, everyone was pretty dazed from Pikachu's shock.

"Seriously, Pikachu. You need to stop with the shocks without a warning," Sora said sitting up with his hair done in an afro.

"Pikachu," Pikachu sheepishly said.

Sora ran his hands through his hair putting it back to its proper spikes.

"There. That's better," Sora said with satisfaction.

"At least the fight stopped before it got worse," Sophocles said.

"Sure did. What happened anyway?" Kiawe asked.

"Maro..." Marowak said sitting up.

Kairi sat up feeling a little dazed. She took a look at the other Pokémon and she noticed there was one missing. She quickly regained her composure when she looked around frantically.

"Wait a minute! Togepi! Where's Togepi?!" Kairi exclaimed looking for him. Sora and the Alolan nine all looked their Pokémon as well. Pikachu looked back to the other Pokémon and realized what he did.

"Uh-oh." - Pikachu subtitle.

"He was just here a while ago," Sora said before he took a glance at Pikachu trying to sneak away. "Pikachu," Sora said in a stern tone making Pikachu freeze in place. Pikachu slowly turns and saw Sora glaring at him. "I gave you one simple job and you took your eyes off of Togepi! How could you be so irresponsible?"

"Pika, Pikachu," Pikachu pleaded shaking and bowing. Sora sighed as he took a deep breath.

"But we can discuss this after we find Togepi," Sora said making Pikachu temporarily relieved.

"We can cover more ground if we split up," Lana said.

"Good idea. Let's get to it," Sora said before he and his friends set off to search for Togepi. Kairi went with Sora, Pikachu, Mallow, and Lana; but she got really worried since Togepi is just a baby.

"Oh, where could Togepi be? What if he got lost or hurt? He must be alone and scared and is probably crying out for me. I can't stand the thought of something terrible happening to my little Togepi!" Kairi said when she started to cry. Sora placed his arm around his girlfriend hoping to calm her down.

"Hey, hey, hey. Take it easy, Kairi," Sora said trying to calm her down. Kairi broke out of Sora's hold.

"Don't you dare tell me to take it easy! Togepi is somewhere out there! A thief probably took Togepi and ran off somewhere! I need to find him before anything happens!" Kairi exclaimed shaking Sora hard. He looked over to Mallow and Lana for assistance.

"Mallow, Lana! Little help please!" Sora called out being shaken.

"Sorry Sora. You're on your own in this one," Lana said not wanting to endure her wrath.

"Ditto," Mallow said nervously.

"Pikachu," Pikachu contributed.

"Some help you are!" Sora exclaimed being shaken. "And who asked for your opinion, Pikachu?!"

Pikachu hung his head knowing Sora was right about that. He felt like it was his fault this happened.

Over to Lea and Isa, they looked all over to see who Togepi belongs to. It turns out they didn't have any luck.

"Let's take a break," Lea said. "I don't think I can go on."

"We can take a five minute break," Isa said before both teens found a bench to rest their feet.

"Man, I could use something cool right about now," Lea said.

"Me too. Let's see if I can find some drinks or something," Isa looked around trying to find a vending machine, but instead found an ice cream vendor. "Or some ice cream."

"That's great! Our usual?" Lea questioned.

"You know it," Isa said before taking off. Lea took another look at Togepi who seems to be smiling at the redhead.

"Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

Lea managed to keep Togepi out of trouble long enough for Isa to come back with two cyan-colored ice cream bars.

"Here it is. Sea-salt ice cream," Isa said handing Lea one. Just as Lea was about to take a bite. Togepi looked up to him. He knew Togepi could want some.

"Here. Have a bite," Lea said holding it in front of Togepi. Togepi took a bite of the ice cream bar and liked it instantly. "You like it, huh?" Togepi greedily ate the sea-salt ice cream clean.

"And that's you in a nutshell when it comes to sea-salt ice cream," Isa said jokingly.

"Very funny," Lea said with a little sarcasm. He saw Togepi's face a mess and took out a handkerchief to clean the baby Pokémon off. "Let's get you cleaned up." Lea wiped off the ice cream. "There. Nice and clean."

"Pi! Toge, Toge!" Togepi chirped.

"Now that's taken care of, let's get back to searching," Isa said.

"Okay," Lea kinda sulked since he didn't get a taste of the sea-salt ice cream, but he had to bare it since the little Pokémon was pretty hungry.

The two teens continued to look around, and not too far, Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine had regrouped.

"Any luck?" Lillie asked.

"No luck," Kiawe said.

"What about the rest of you?" Sophocles asked.

"Not even close," Sora said feeling dizzy from Kairi shaking him like a mad woman.

"Really?" Acerola asked.

Over to Lea and Isa, they were unaware that Team Rocket were spying on them.

"Lookie there. It's the little Pokémon that the twerpette had in her arms," Jessie said.

"Let's capture it and present it to the boss," James said.

"The boss will be tickled with joy at such a rare Pokémon such as this," Jessie said.

"We'll get a bonus that's even bigger and fatter than a Snorlax!" Meowth said.

"Yay! Bonus! Bonus! Bonus!" Team Rocket cheered on.

Elsewhere, two hooded figures meet in the forest. One is a boy and the other is a girl. They remove their hoods. He bared a resemblance to Gary, but his hair was orange-red, and the girl has long straight mahogany hair and blue eyes.

"Any luck, Blue?" The girl asked.

"I take it that you didn't find him either, Green," Blue sneered.

"Don't act so smug! Don't you remember what happened when you took him on?" Green asked.

"Don't talk to me like I'm a little kid!" Blue chided at her.

"Then stop acting like a little kid!" Green countered Blue. "Red recruited our help because he knew he couldn't take the entire Shadow Empire by himself!"

"Yeah. Us and those other three chumps from that one world he visited way back," Blue remembered. "I seriously don't know what Red sees in that kid with the Pikachu. But coming to this world has been a thrill for me! You'll never guess who I spotted in my search!"

"Who?" Green asked with curiosity.

"There's this kid who looks a lot like me! He has some big idea that he's going to be the world's greatest Pokémon Master," Blue laughed as he scoffed. "And he even has cheerleaders chanting for him! I didn't know if I should laugh or just feel sorry for him! It's just plain embarrassing!" Blue laughed some more.

"But did you find any signs of Salnius?" Green asked.

"No. But if he and the Shadow King are as big as Red says he is; then we could be in a whole heap of trouble," Blue said.

"I'll have to agree with you, Blue. But with Ash, Misty, and Brock with us; we're going to need all the help we could get. And if we don't stop Salnius before he sets his plan into effect, no world in existence will be safe against the oppressive might of the Shadow King," Green said.

Blue hated to admit it, but he knew she was right. Normally, he would have gone after Salnius after suffering a defeat by his hands, but he had to cooperate with Red and Green.

Back to Lea and Isa, just when they continued with their search, they felt firecrackers beneath their feet.

"What is going on?!" Lea exclaimed.

"You're asking me?!" Isa also exclaimed.

They both heard laughter from up above when they saw a Meowth hot air balloon in the air. Team Rocket jumps out of their balloon doing their pose with James holding a rose.

"Prepare for trouble!"

"And make it double!"

"To protect the world from devastation!"

"To unite all peoples within our nation!"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"

"To extend our reach to the stars above!"

"Jessie!"

"James!"

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!"

"Surrender now, or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth! That's right!

Lea and Isa just looked at them like they were crazy.

"Any idea what they're talking about?" Lea asked.

"Just some lamers, if you ask me," Isa said making Team Rocket doing an anime-style fall.

Then they stood up peeved.

"Lamers?!" James hissed.

"How dare you!" Jessie also hissed.

"Where do you get off at blowing off Team Rocket, like that? We're the biggest band of bad guys in Kanto!" Meowth called out.

"You ever heard of Team Rocket, Isa?" Lea asked.

"No," Isa shook his head.

They did another anime-style fall only to get even more agitated.

"You mean to tell us that you have never heard of Team Rocket?!" Jessie exclaimed.

"Should we have? Is that a nerdy sci-fi club or something?" Isa asked making Team Rocket do a very dramatic gasp.

"How is possible that they could have never heard of Team Rocket before? Are we so unreputable? Could our track record for villainy have taken a fall through the cracks of no recognition?" Jessie questioned feeling herself about to faint. James caught her before she could hit the ground.

"Jessie! Jessie! Speak to us!" James said lightly tapping her cheek.

"Say something, Jess," Meowth begged.

"Look, it's real sad and all, but we should get a move on, so don't quit your day job; whatever that is," Lea said as he and Isa were about to take their leave. Team Rocket dashed right in front of them.

"Don't just pity us and brush us off!" James said.

"What will it take for you guys to buzz off like a Beedrill?" Lea asked feeling irritated.

"You can make us go away by handing over that Togepi," Jessie stated.

"Along with what other Pokémon you have," James added.

"So just make it easy for us and hand 'em over!" Meowth said.

Lea didn't like what they had just heard. He was determined to protect Togepi from the people who would try to steal him away.

"No way! You want Togepi and our Pokémon; you'll have to take them by force," Lea said taking out a Pokéball.

"I agree," Isa said also taking out a Pokéball.

"That was what we had in mind, anyway," Jessie said taking out her two Pokéballs. "Arbok! Lickitung! Go!" The Pokéballs opens letting out her Arbok and Lickitung.

"Weezing! Victreebel! Go!" James shouted as Weezing and Victreebel are let out; but Victreebel clamps onto Meowth this time.

"Hey, you big stupid weed! You're supposed to swallow them up! Not me!" Meowth shouted.

Meowth flails around with his head in the fly catcher Pokémon's mouth. Lea and Isa just looked at James's Victreebel slightly confused.

"Is your Victreebel always like that?" Isa asked.

"Only after it evolved from a Weepinbell I caught," James deadpanned. "And it's usually my head it gets in its mouth."

"James! Why are you cohorting with the enemy?!" Jessie reminded him.

"Oh right!" James remembered.

"Okay, Magmar! Go!" Lea shouted after he threw his Pokéball opens as it lets out a Pokémon similar to Magby, but slightly larger and more fiery. It has a flame pattern on its torso, and a fire on its tail. It has a large beak that can spit out fire.

"Join on in, Persian!" Isa called out as he threw his Pokéball letting out his Persian.

"Arbok! Use Wrap on that Persian! And Lickitung! You use Lick on that Magmar!" Jessie ordered as both Pokémon obeyed their trainer by charging towards their opponents.

"Weezing, Victreebel! You use Sludge and Razor Leaf!" James ordered as the two Pokémon obeyed James.

"Magmar! Fire Blast!" Lea ordered.

"Persian! Power Gem!" Isa also ordered. Magmar shot out Fire Blast and Persian fired a light-blue beam from the jewel on its forehead.

The two attacks collides into Team Rocket's Pokémon casuing a big explosion. That grabbed the attention of Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine.

"What the heck is that?" Sophocles asked.

"We should check it out," Sora said.

Everyone nodded in agreement and went to see what the ruckus was about. They rushed over to see Team Rocket battling two teens they never seen before.

"Look who it is!" Hapu exclaimed.

"I knew it! Team Rocket!" Sora exclaimed getting their attention.

"It's the twerp posse!" James exclaimed.

"Probably here to get Togepi back," Jessie sneered.

Kairi looked towards Togepi being held in the redhead's arms and she was relieved to see her Pokémon safe and sound.

"Togepi!" Kairi called out making Lea turn to her. Togepi was reaching out for her. "Hold on, baby! I'm coming!" Kairi called out running towards Lea.

"Oh, no you don't! Arbok! Stop that twerpy girl!" Jessie ordered as Arbok charged right at Kairi.

"Pikachu! Iron Tail!" Sora ordered as Pikachu swung right at Arbok. The cobra Pokémon hit the ground pretty hard. "Don't you dare mess with my girlfriend, you old witch!"

"W-w-what did you just call me?!" Jessie exclaimed getting very angry at what he called her.

"Togepi!" Kairi ran up to Lea with Togepi reaching for her.

"So this little guy is yours?" Lea asked.

"He sure is," Kairi answered taking Togepi back in her arms. "I'm just glad you're not hurt," Kairi cooed. "Thank you for taking care of Togepi for me!"

"It's really no problem. Just glad to help out," Lea said smiling.

"Lea! We have a battle to finish!" Isa reminded his friend.

"Right you are, Isa!" Lea said. "Magmar! Fire Punch on Lickitung!" Magmar landed a fiery punch on the pink Pokémon. Lana decided to join in.

"Cloyster! Go!" Lana threw her Pokéball letting out her Cloyster. "Use Spike Cannon!" Cloyster fired a barrage of spikes right at Weezing and Victreebel.

Isa's Persian looked right at Meowth and smirked. Persian meowed something to its pre-evolved form.

"Hey! What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Meowth asked irate.

"What did that Persian just say to you?" James asked.

"The Persian just said that I'm a very bad joke to Meowth everywhere," Meowth translated. Persian meowed to Meowth again. "No, I don't eat my own hairballs!"

"Persian, Power Gem!" Isa ordered.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora ordered.

"Magmar, Fire Blast!" Lea ordered.

"Cloyster! Ice Beam!" Lana ordered.

The four Pokémon fired their attacks right at Team Rocket causing another explosion. They go flying in the air.

"IT LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" Team Rocket shouted as they fly into the distance making a star twinkle.

"Okay, now that Togepi is safe and sound and Team Rocket has been dealt with, you know what's coming, right?" Sora stated as he looks right at Pikachu.

"Pikachu," Pikachu sadly acknowledged awaiting whatever Sora had in mind. He was expecting Sora to scold him for losing Togepi like that; but instead he just rubbed on the back of Pikachu's head.

"I know you were only trying to break Marowak and Mudsdale up from fighting like that. But you should have just stayed close to Togepi like we told you. I'm sorry for snapping at you like that earlier. You gotta know Togepi is only a baby and he needs to be watched or something like what Team Rocket tried to do would happen. I'll forgive you being distracted and losing Togepi, if you forgive me for overreacting, deal?" Sora offered.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu nodded.

"Great!" Sora said patting Pikachu on the head. Pikachu was relieved to hear Sora being so forgiving as ever.

"Again, thank you for looking after my Togepi for me," Kairi thanked the teen.

"Again, it was no problem," Lea said.

"I hope Togepi wasn't too much trouble," Kairi said.

"No trouble at all," Isa said. "I was kinda surprised to see how Togepi was able to warm up to Lea like that. It took his Magmar a while to do that."

"Thanks for the kind sentiment," Lea said in sarcasm. Magmar started to laugh making Lea turn to his Pokémon. "Who's side on you on?"

"A Magmar, huh?" Sora questioned as he took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon.

Magmar, the Spitfire Pokémon

The evolved form of Magby

Type: Fire

In battle, Magmar blows out intensely hot flames from all over its body to intimidate its opponent. This Pokémon's fiery bursts create heat waves that ignite grass and trees in its surroundings. It also makes its home in active volcanoes.

"For a Fire Type, Magmar is a cool Pokémon," Sora complimented.

"Thanks. Your Pikachu isn't bad either. By the way, the name's Lea. Got it memorized?" Lea introduced himself.

"Um, Yeah?" Sora responded.

"I'm Isa. And you are?" He asked.

"I'm Sora," Sora introduced.

"I'm Kairi. I'm his girlfriend," Kairi openly admitted.

"My name's Lillie."

"I am Illima."

"Mallow."

"Lana."

"Kiawe."

"Sophocles."

"Acerola."

"Mina."

"Hapu."

"So what happened that made our meeting possible?" Lea asked.

"Well, it's like this," Sora said as he explained to the teens about a fight between Kiawe's Marowak and Hapu's Mudsdale about to be broken out and none of them knows how it started, but it ended with Pikachu shocking everyone. "And that's about it."

"Well, that's quite a shock," Lea joked. He looked over to Sora's Pikachu as he rubbed the back of his head like Sora does. Lea stroked his chin as he remembered Ash's Pikachu. "How long did you have that Pikachu?"

"For several months now. Pikachu was my first Pokémon," Sora answered. "Why?"

"Just curious," Lea said.

A little while later, everyone heads back to the Pokémon Center to relax for the night before continuing to Cinnabar Island. After they had some dinner Sora, Kairi, and Pikachu gave Togepi a small bath as Togepi splashed water on Sora and Kairi.

"You can be such so naughty sometimes," Kairi giggled.

"Pi, Toge, Toge," Togepi chirped.

After Togepi's bathtime, Lea approaches the couple smiling.

"Hey, you two lovebirds," Lea greeted.

"Hi Lea," Sora greeted. "What's up?"

"Just came to check on Togepi," Lea admitted. He looks over to Togepi and tickles him on the eggshell. "Seems to be doing okay."

"Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

"And it's thanks to you and Isa," Sora pointed out.

"If you hadn't found him, who knows what would have happened?" Kairi wondered.

"So, is Togepi the only Pokémon you've got?" Lea asked.

"Yes," Kairi admitted. "I raised it from an egg Sora and I found."

"How did you find it?" Lea asked.

"Well actually, Pikachu and some of my other Pokémon found it, actually. I was doing some training with them when they accidentally found it," Sora said. "But accident or not. We decided to let Kairi have the egg."

"Pikachu," Pikachu nodded. Lea started to stare right at Pikachu for a reason. "Pika? Pikachu?" Pikachu was feeling nervous.

"Why does this Pikachu seems so familiar?" Lea wondered in his thoughts.

"Okay, why are you looking at my Pikachu like he's from another planet or something?" Sora asked feeling weirded out.

"Uh, nothing," Lea lied. Togepi looks up to Lea smiling and Lea smiled back. Kairi held her Pokémon right to him.

"Do you wanna hold Togepi, Lea? I take it he likes you," Kairi said.

"Really?" Lea asked as Kairi nodded. Lea took Togepi in his hands holding him gently. "Hey, I like you too."

"Pi! Toge, Togepi!" Togepi chirped.

Sora and Kairi smiled at the sight.

"Once again, thanks again for looking after Togepi," Kairi said. "You protected Togepi from Team Rocket and I should be grateful for that."

"Well, you're welcome, Kairi. Just glad to get to know the little guy," Lea said. "Even if it was only for a short time." That made Kairi smile.

"It's good to see Togepi open up with others from time to time. He didn't exactly open up with anyone but Kairi when he first hatched," Sora said.

"But he got used to you within a few days. But you rushed right in to teach Togepi some other attacks," Kairi pointed out making Sora rub his head remembering the bash on his head, feeling stupid about teaching Togepi to use an attack.

"Get out! You mean he seriously did that?" Lea asked trying not to laugh.

"Don't you laugh, pyro! I don't think it's funny," Sora said still rubbing his head.

"Pikachu," Pikachu said also trying not to laugh.

Sora gave Pikachu a sour look as he just turned away still trying to laugh. Isa and the Alolan nine rejoined their friends with some sea-salt ice cream. Sora, Kairi, and Lea took one for themselves and they all took a bite of the tasty treat.

"Wow," Lillie said in amazement. "This is really good."

"Absolutely. A fine dessert," Illima said.

"It's like I took a bite out of a piece of the ocean," Lana beamed.

"I just can't believe that I never had anything like this before," Sophocles said.

"Same here," Kiawe said.

"Glad you guys like it," Isa said taking a bite of hus ice cream. Pikachu even took a bar of the ice cream.

"Pikachu?" Pikachu took a bite and his tastebuds went swimming. "Cha!" Kairi even shared hers with Togepi.

"Just can't believe I missed out on seeing Togepi eating ice cream for the first time. I would have taken a picture," Kairi pouted.

Everyone just laughed as they ate their sea-salt ice cream. Just they finished eating their dessert Lea and Isa decided to take their leave.

"We should get going. It was nice meeting all of you," Isa said.

"You too, Isa," Sora said shaking his hand.

"I'll you when I see you," Lea said to Togepi. "Just be good until then, okay?"

"Toge, Toge!" Togepi chirped.

"And you take good care of him," Lea said to Kairi. "Got it memorized?"

"Sure do," Kairi giggled.

"Lea, let's go," Isa said.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Lea said catching up with his friend. The two teens took one last look at the group.

"Why do I have a feeling we're going to meet them again?" Isa asked theatrically.

"I dunno. Maybe it was fate!" Lea answered.

"Fate? More likely you're looking for an excuse to make yourself even more immortal living in their memories. Just like that one kid we bumped into," Isa said.

"Yeah about that. Didn't that kid's Pikachu remind you of Ash's Pikachu, by any chance?" Lea asked.

"Not really. It didn't look any different from any Pikachu I have ever seen," Isa stated. "Why?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to hear your opinion on the subject," Lea said. Isa went with that.

There! Lea and Isa made an appearance after all! Also, the villain now has a name! Who is this Salnius and what plans does he and this Shadow Empire have for the three worlds? Just keep reading and find out.