Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Good Quil Hunting ( Chapter 93 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 93: Good Quil Hunting

A few hours came and went since adding Chikorita to the team, and since then, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all continued on with their journey towards Violet City for Sora's first Johto Gym battle. But they are unaware of Gliscor and the Gligar pack following the group.

Pikachu's ears perk up when he heard the sound rustling in the woods.

"Pika?" Pikachu turned around and saw nothing.

"What's wrong, Pikachu?" Sora asked his partner.

"Pikachu."

Sora turned his head and he saw nothing there.

"There's nothing and nobody there, Pikachu," Sora said. "You were probably just hearing things."

Pikachu wasn't the least bit sure about that. He was certain there was something following them; and it sure wasn't Team Rocket.

Just a little while later, the group was encountered by a boy in a bandana. He approached Sora for a challenge.

"Hello there! I'm looking for some tough Pokémon trainers to battle! You pretty tough?" The boy challenged.

"Care to find out?" Sora asked taking out a Pokéball.

"Gladly!" He said also taking out a Pokéball. "Mareep! Go!" He threw the Pokéball letting out a sheep-like Pokémon. Its head and feet are blue and the wool is cream-colored. It also possesses black and yellow stripes on its tail and its ears. The Pokémon also possesses an orange orb at the end of its tail. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the new Pokémon.

Mareep, the Wool Pokémon

Type: Electric

Mareep's fluffy coat of wool rubs together and builds a static charge. The more static electricity is charged, the more brightly the lightbulb at the tip of its tail glows.

"So it's an Electric Type," Sora said taking out a Pokéball. "This one will do. Let's go, Chikorita!" Sora threw it letting out his new Chikorita.

"Chiko!" Chikorita said twirling her leaf.

"So it's a Grass Type against my Mareep huh? Types alone don't win Pokémon battles!" The boy said.

"Let me see what your Mareep can do! Chikorita! Tackle!" Sora ordered as Chikorita charges towards the sheep Pokémon.

"Mareep! Use Cotton Spore!" The boy ordered. Mareep lets out multiple, fluffy cottonballs from its wool. The cottonballs quickly surrounds Chikorita. That did slow the leaf Pokémon down a bit, but that wasn't enough to stop her.

"Cut on through with Razor Leaf!" Sora called out. Chikorita fires Razor Leaf cutting through the cottonballs. "Now smack it with Vine Whip!" Chikorita gives Mareep a few hits. "Now use Sweet Scent!" Chikorita sends out a sweet smelling scent towards Mareep. The sheep Pokémon became intoxicated with the aroma.

"Mareep! Fight back! Thunder Wave!" The boy ordered. Mareep couldn't do a thing due to the Sweet Scent affecting it greatly.

"Now finish up with your Tackle!" Sora called out. Chikorita charged towards Mareep and lands a critical hit. Mareep was knocked out. "Way to go, Chikorita! Not bad for your first battle, right?" Chikorita rushes over to Sora and nuzzles his leg.

"Your Chikorita is pretty cool!" He said calling back his Mareep. He took out another Pokéball. "Let's see how you do well against this one! Geodude! Go!" He threw the Pokéball and it lets out an Alolan Geodude.

"An Alolan Geodude?" Sora questioned. He looked to Chikorita. "You still up for another rumble, Chikorita?"

"Chiko!" Chikorita nodded.

"Great! Vine Whip!" Sora ordered. Chikorita sends out Vine Whip to strike the Alolan Geodude.

"Geodude! Dodge it!" The boy ordered. Geodude avoids the attack. "Move in with Fire Punch!" Geodude strikes Chikorita hard with a fiery punch. "Now use Explosion!" The Alolan Geodude lets out an explosion. Chikorita didn't have enough time to dodge it and got hit bad. Both Pokémon were down and out.

"Hey Chikorita!" Sora ran up to his fallen Pokémon picking her up. "You okay?"

"Chiko," Chikorita nodded sadly.

"You did a great job, Chikorita," Sora said kindly. He pulls out her Pokéball. "You should rest up for a while." Sora calls back Chikorita to her Pokéball. "Hey, not bad. Anymore surprises?" His opponent smirked.

"Do you have to ask?" He pulled out a Pokéball with yellow lightning bolt on the top and yellow half-circles on the side; this one is a Fast Ball. "Aipom! Go!" The Fast Ball lets out a purple Pokémon that resembles a squirrel monkey. It appears to have a cowlick on the top of its head and a three-fingered hand on the tail. The face, underbelly, and hand-like appendage are cream-colored. It appears to have a grin forever frozen on its face. Sora took out his Pokédex and scanned the Pokémon in front of him.

Aipom, the Long Tail Pokémon

Type: Normal

Aipom's tail ends in a hand-like appendage that can be cleverly manipulated. However, because the Pokémon uses its tail so much, its real hands have become rather clumsy.

"Sounds to be very handy to me," Sora jokingly said putting his Pokédex away. He took out a Pokéball and threw it. Hoothoot! Go!" Sora threw his Pokéball and it lets out his Hoothoot. Stars swirls around Hoothoot upon entry.

"Hoothoot!"

"Okay Hoothoot! Wing it with Tackle now!" Sora called out. Hoothoot charges at Aipom with a full force of his body.

"Dodge it, Aipom!" The boy ordered. Aipom jumps out of the way before Hoothoot could land a hit. "Now use Ice Punch!" Aipom's appendage clutched into a fist and it emitted ice. Aipom moves it to hoped it lands a cold hit.

"Hoothoot! Dodge it!" Sora called out. Hoothoot manages to avoid the hit. "Now use Wing Attack!" Hoothoot strikes Aipom hard with Wing Attack. Aipom tried to strike hard at the owl Pokémon, but he was just too fast. "Now use Peck!" Hoothoot pecks at Aipom knocking it out.

"No way! I just lost!" The boy said in disbelief calling Aipom back. "Just who is this guy?!" Sora went up to the boy and held out his hand.

"That was a great battle. You raised your Pokémon right," Sora complemented.

"Thanks a lot," the boy said. "You're a pretty awesome trainer."

With that done, the boy took his leave as did the group. Gliscor and the Gligar pack watched the battle closely. Gliscor was mighty impressed.

"That one human is better than I remember." - Gliscor subtitle.

"So let's rush em!" - Gligar 1 subtitle.

"No! Not yet! we'll wait for them to let their guard down and then we'll strike!" - Gliscor subtitle.

"Good idea, boss!" - Gligar 1 subtitle.

"You have all the best ideas!" - Gligar 2 subtitle.

"Of course I do! That's why I'm the boss!" - Gliscor subtitle.

The pack continues to follow them further down, not making a sound. That one particular Gligar snoozes again and then quickly wakes up and rushes to catch up with them.

A short time later, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all stopped to take a small break.

"So, how much further is Violet City, Illima?" Sora asked.

"Apparently, we're not too far," Illima said looking over the map. "To get to Violet City, we will have to make a stop in Cherrygrove City. And after that, we could make it there in less than two days."

"That's good to know," Sora said. "So where are we now?" Illima puts the map away and pulls out the guidebook to check their current position.

"According to the information in the guide book, this part of the forest is said to be home for wild Cyndaquil," Illima sad.

"Wild Cyndaquil?! Then I want one!" Kiawe said ecstatic!

"You sure that there are any Cyndaquil here?" Sora asked.

"That's what the guidebook says," Illima said. Kiawe then starts looking around for some Cyndaquil.

"Kiawe come on. I know you love Fire Type Pokémon, but control yourself," Sora said.

"I can't help it. Fire Type Pokémon really speak to me!" Kiawe said. "The flames that bursts from their backs burns ever so passionately."

"Okay, pyro. I have a fun idea for you. How about the two of us go looking for a Cyndaquil for ourselves," Sora suggested. "And who shall catch a Cyndaquil first has the right to keep it. Deal?" Sora held out his hand.

"Deal," Kiawe said accepting the terms. The two trainers shook hands. "May the best man wins."

"Right back at ya," Sora said. "The Pokémon I'm choosing is going to be Pikachu."

"Then the Pokémon I choose is going to be Marowak," Kiawe said taking out Marowak's Pokéball and threw it to let Marowak out. "You ready for a friendly competition, Marowak?"

"Maro," Marowak nodded.

The two Pokémon trainers took off looking for a Cyndaquil.

"I wonder how this will go," Sophocles said.

"I have a feeling this will go either way," Lana said.

"Should we go with them?" Lillie asked.

"I think we should," Kairi said. "I mean, you'd never know if they would run into trouble." The Alolan nine all agreed. Lillie, Sophocles, Lana, and Acerola went with Kairi to follow Sora and Pikachu while Illima, Mallow, Hapu, and Mina went to follow Kiawe and Marowak. Gliscor and the Gligar pack split up to follow the group. Gliscor followed Kairi and the others that went with her. The same for that one Gligar, who for some reason seems connected to Sora in some way.

Sora and Pikachu searched the forest for any signs of a Cyndaquil; any burn marks, or a nest, or anything for that matter. Kairi, Lillie, Sophocles, Lana, and Acerola eventually found Sora and Pikachu who is currently searching the shrubs.

"Any luck, Pikachu?" Sora asked his partner.

"Pika," Pikachu said shaking his head.

"Better keep looking," Sora said.

"Sora," Kairi called out to her boyfriend. Sora turned to see Kairi, Lillie, Sophocles, Lana, and Acerola standing behind him.

"What are you doing here?" Sora asked.

"Just making sure you stay out of trouble," Kairi simply said.

"And to make sure trouble dosen't come to you since knowing Team Rocket," Acerola said.

Sora looked at his friends and gave off a sigh.

"Technically, you guys are right," Sora said. "We can look out for each other if we're together. But, where are Mallow, Illima, Mina, and Hapu?"

"They probably have already caught up with Kiawe by now," Lana said.

Elsewhere, some of the Gligar were following Illima, Mallow, Mina, and Hapu when they spotted a arrogant looking boy and his Sandslash. They decided to have a little fun with this.

"There has to be a Cyndaquil around here somewhere. And anyone who gets in my way is in big trouble," the boy said. Without warning, the Gligar swoops down and attacks him and his Sandslash. "Hey! Get away from me! Get out of my way!" The Gligar just kept coming. Sandslash tries to swipe them with its claws, but they were just too fast. "I said get out of my way!" He tries to swat them away. One of the Gligar clings to his face. "Get off my face you little bastard! I said get off!" A couple of the Gligar bites him on the leg. "OW!" He yelps. The Gligar gets off his face. The boy growls as he is now pissed off. "I'll teach you to bite me! Sandslash! Slash attack now!" Sandslash tried to fight back, but they were too fast. One of the Gligar dove in with Steel Wing and struck Sandslash hard. The spiny mouse Pokémon fell to the ground exhausted. "Get up Sandslash!" Sandslash struggles to get up, but the Gligar gave him a push. He calls back his Sandslash and starts running. "Screw this! I'm getting out of here!" The Gligar then started laughing and taunting their victim. One of them blew a raspberry at him as he ran just like a scared dog with its tail between its legs.

Not too far, Kiawe and Marowak kept looking for some Cyndaquil and at some point, Illima, Mallow, Mina, and Hapu had caught up.

"What are you guys doing here?" Kiawe asked.

"We thought we get to you before something happens," Mallow answered.

"And Team Rocket are just plain relentless with their attempts," Hapu said.

"And I'm going to guess Kairi and the others are with Sora, right?" Kiawe asked.

"Uh-huh," Mina said.

"It dosen't surprise me," Kiawe said. "That girl sticks to him more than gum."

"It was Kairi's idea to accompany you two since we don't want anything to happen to you," Illima said.

Just when the group were about to continue their pursuit of a wild Cyndaquil, Marowak turns and sees a boy who appears to be a total mess. He spots the five kids and runs up to them.

"You didn't see any Gligar around here, did you?" The boy asked.

"No. Why?" Kiawe asked.

"My Sandslash and I were just attacked by some Gligar just a little while ago," the boy explained. "I was looking for some Cyndaquil to catch and then out of nowhere, they just attack me!" Illima, Mallow, Kiawe, Mina, and Hapu all had a bad feeling about they were just told. They had a recent encounter with a pack of Gligar not too long ago. They had to make sure.

"Was there by any chance a Gliscor with them?" Illima asked.

"A Gliscor? No! It was just some Gligar," he told them.

The dread didn't leave them because they weren't sure if it was the same pack or a different one completely.

"Are you sure?" Hapu asked.

"Very sure!" The boy said to them. "And those Gligar are crazy! So if I were you I'd get out of here while you still can! And that's what I'm going to do!" With that said he ran off as fast as he can run.

"This can't be good," Kiawe said.

"If it's the same pack, then Sora and the others might be in trouble," Mallow said.

"Yeah," Mina agreed.

"We better find them, just in case it is those Gligar and that Gliscor," Hapu suggested.

"Yes. That is what we must do! And hurry!" Illima said as the fivesome took off to look for their friends. As much as Kiawe wanted to keep looking for Cyndaquil, he knew his friends came first. Marowak wanted to pay Gliscor back for swatting him.

Meanwhile, over to Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, Lillie, Sophocles, Lana, and Acerola they made it to a series a rock wall dotted with many small caves.

"What could this be?" Acerola asked.

"I have no idea," Sora said.

"But it does look roomy for wild Pokémon though," Sophocles said. Pikachu's ears perk up.

"Pika!" Pikachu said pointing at something.

"What's up, Pikachu?" Sora asked. He looks at what Pikachu was pointing at. It turns out to be a wild Cyndaquil. "Guys look up there!" Sophocles and the girls look up and they see the Cyndaquil.

"Illima was right! That is a Cyndaquil!" Sophocles said.

"Oh, look at how cute he is!" Kairi cooed at the sight. Sora took out his Pokédex to see what information it has about Johto's Fire Starter Pokémon.

Cyndaquil, the Fire Mouse Pokémon

Type: Fire

Cyndaquil are normally timid and they curl up into a ball. Cyndaquil protects itself by flaring up the flames on its back. The flames are vigorous if the Pokémon is angry. However, if it is tired, the flames splutter fitfully with incomplete combustion.

"Looks like I just found me a Cyndaquil!" Sora said. "And it's as good as mine." He turns to his partner. "Ready Pikachu?"

"Pikachu!"

Sora climbs up with Pikachu on his back. He manages to reach the fire mouse Pokémon.

"Now I have you right where I want you," Sora said. He looked over to Pikachu as he jumps off his shoulder. "Okay Pikachu. Let's go!"

"Pika!" Pikachu takes his position to battle. "Start up with Quick Attack!" Pikachu charges at Cyndaquil with his speed attack. It hits Cyndaquil on the mark.

"Quil! Cynda, Cynda, Cyndaquil, QUIL!" Cyndaquil's back starts flaring up in flames. Cyndaquil charges towards Pikachu with a Tackle.

"Dodge and use Electro Ball!" Sora ordered. Pikachu forms a ball of electricity and sends it to Cyndaquil. The attack hits Cyndaquil hard as the flames go out. Cyndaquil's back flares up again and fired Flamethrower right at Pikachu. Sora ducks out of the way before he could get cinged.

Kairi, Togepi, Lillie, Sophocles, Lana, and Acerola watched the battle go on.

"That looked like Flamethrower!" Acerola said.

"That has to be a pretty tough Cyndaquil," Sophocles said.

"Pikachu! Thunderbolt!" Sora called out. Pikachu sends out Thunderbolt at it hits Cyndaquil hard. "Great! Finish up with Quick Attack!" Pikachu charged at Cyndaquil once again and hits him on the mark. Once Cyndaquil is worn out, Sora takes out a Pokéball and threw it at the exhausted Cyndaquil. The Fire Type Pokémon flows inside the Pokéball and starts to wobble around and around. Stars swirls around the Pokéball confirming the catch. Sora's Pokédex starts buzzing asking him if he wants to keep Cyndaquil with him or send him to Professor Oak's lab. Sora chose to keep Cyndaquil in exchange for Phanpy. "Gotcha! I got myself a Cyndaquil!"

"Pi, Pikachu!" Pikachu also cheered. Sora picked up the Pokéball and climbed down along with Pikachu.

"Okay, Cyndaquil! Come on out!" Sora said as he threw his Pokéball letting out his newest Pokémon.

"Quil!" Cyndaquil yawned. He looked at the other new people around him.

"These are your new friends, Cyndaquil," Sora said. "Say hello."

"Cyndaquil!"

Kairi places Togepi down just so she could pick up Sora's new Cyndaquil.

"It's very nice to meet you, Cyndaquil," Kairi said. "You are so very cute! Cootchie, cootchie, cootchie coo!" Kairi started to tickle Cyndaquil's tummy. Cyndaquil squirms a bit liking the tickles.

"Here she goes again," Sophocles said.

"But I have to agree with Kairi. Cyndaquil is pretty cute," Lillie said.

"I wonder how Kiawe is doing out there," Lana said.

"I just hope he's found what's he's looking for," Acerola said.

"Me too," Sora said. "But we should go find him to congratulate him if he caught one." Just when they were about to take off, Gliscor and the Gligar made their move. "Aw, man! Not them again!"

"What are they even doing here?" Lana asked.

"They must have followed us here," Sora guessed.

"We better fight them back," Acerola said taking out a Pokéball.

"Good idea," Sora said taking out Silvally's Premier Ball. "Okay Silvally! Go!" Sora let out Silvally for battle. Sora took out the Ice Memory and gave it to the chimeric Pokémon making it an Ice Type Pokémon. "Silvally! Multi-Attack!" Silvally obeyed and attacked the Gligar. Kairi places Togepi inside her backpack.

"You'll be safer in here, Togepi," Kairi said before she took out Jigglypuff's Pokéball. "Jigglypuff! Go!"

"I'm in too!" Lana said taking out her Dive Ball. "Gyarados! Go!" The Dive Ball opens and lets out her Gyarados.

"You go in too, Vikavolt!" Sophocles said throwing his Pokéball. It opens letting out Vikavolt.

"Magearna! Go!" Lillie threw her Ultra Ball letting out Magearna.

"Mimikyu! Go!" Acerola said letting her Mimikyu out to battle. "Shadow Claw!" Mimikyu uses the attack to strike at the Gligar.

"Jigglypuff! Double Slap!" Kairi ordered. Jigglypuff smacked some the Gligar hard on their faces. "Now use Pound!" Jigglypuff smacks into the Gligar sending some of them into the others.

"Gyarados! Use Dragon Pulse!" Lana ordered. Gyarados sends out his Dragon Type attack and it sends some of the Gligar back.

"Magearna! Use Fleur Cannon!" Lillie ordered. Magearna opens its hand and fires a bright pink beam from it at the Gligar.

"Vikavolt! Use Bug Buzz!" Sophocles ordered. Vikavolt flaps his wings creating a strong soundwave sending the Gligar flying. One of the Gligar made his way over to Sora, but Pikachu smacks the Gligar with Iron Tail before he got close. It was the same lay back Gligar, he just retreated into the shrubs. Gliscor just shook his head. Gliscor flew down towards the group. Cyndaquil's back flare up and he fires Flamethrower right at the large Pokémon. Gliscor uses his wings to block the attack.

"Cyndaquil?" Sora questioned. "You wanna battle?"

"Cynda," Cyndaquil nodded.

"Then go for it!" Sora said. "Tackle!" Cyndaquil charges right towards Gliscor. The fang scorpion Pokémon slams his tail to the ground. Cyndaquil gets caught in the debris and is sent flying. "Flamethrower!" Cyndaquil fires Flamethrower right on the large Pokémon right on the face. Gliscor moves towards the fire mouse Pokémon to strike. "Use Smokescreen!" Cyndaquil fires smoke from his mouth. The smoke concealed Cyndaquil as he moved through the smoky veil. Gliscor used his claw to blow away, but he sees Cyndaquil is gone. The Gligar warns their leader of where the Cyndaquil is. Sora had to act fast. "Cyndaquil! Flamethrower! Let's go!" Cyndaquil fires Flamethrower right at Gliscor. Having enough, he and his pack retreats for now.

"That's showing them, Cyndaquil!" Lana said.

"Pika, Pika!" Pikachu cheered as Silvally let out a roar in agreement. Sora smiled as he walked up to Cyndaquil with his back still blazing.

"You did a great job, Cyndaquil! You were pretty-" Sora's sentence was cut off when he burns himself. "HOT-HOT-HOT-HOT!" Sora swung his hands around. Cyndaquil ceases the flames. "Good job. And welcome to the team."

"Cyndaquil!" The fire mouse Pokémon beamed and he climbed into his new trainer's arms. Sora started to hug the latest addition to the team.

"Sora!" Kiawe called out as he, his Marowak, Illima, Mallow, Hapu, and Mina came to the scene.

"Are you all okay?" Hapu asked.

"We are! And you guys just missed the party," Sora said.

"What happened?" Illima asked.

Sora, Kairi, Lillie, Sophocles, Lana, and Acerola, explained to Illima, Mallow, Kiawe, Mina, and Hapu of what just happened. Sora started up with when he had caught Cyndaquil right to when Gliscor and the rest of the pack attacked.

"So it was the same ones from before," Hapu said.

"And I thought Team Rocket were determined," Mallow said.

"Yeah, but it was Cyndaquil that sent Gliscor packing!" Sora said holding his newest Pokémon in arms.

"Cyndaquil."

"But what about you, Kiawe?" Sora asked. "Didn't you catch a Cyndaquil of your own?"

"No," Kiawe answered. "I was too concerned about you to keep looking. So I threw the contest. But since you caught one, then it's yours to keep."

"You sure, Kiawe?" Sora asked.

"I'm sure. And besides, a deal's a deal, right?" Kiawe asked.

"Right," Sora said remembering the terms. "Now that has been settled, we should keep going to Violet City."

"Right." Kairi and the Alolan nine all agreed. They took off through the forest to head back to the road. Sora was pretty pleased with himself since he now has a new Cyndaquil on the team. The Gligar that made an attempt on Sora was still close by so he began to follow them. He knew he couldn't return with the pack since he didn't want Gliscor to chew him out for his failure. But, why is this Gligar so interested in Sora that much? Well, that is something only Gligar knows for certain.