Pokemon Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Pokémon: Sora's Journey ❯ Grin to Win! ( Chapter 100 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Episode 100: Grin To Win!

A whole day has passed since Chikorita had been cured of her envy and the Ultra Beast threat neutralized for the moment. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all continue on towards Azalea Town to deliver the GS Ball to Kurt and for his second Johto Gym battle.

The group took a small break and Kairi gives Sunkern a little watering.

"Does that feel good, Sunkern? Do you like your water?" Kairi asked.

"Sunkern! Sunkern!"

"I'm glad!" Kairi said. Togepi had been a big help with giving Sunkern some water since caring for Grass Type Pokémon. "I want all my Pokémon to be very happy and healthy." She sets her sights on Togepi. "The same for you, Jigglypuff, and Ledyba."

"Toge, Toge!" Togepi chirped.

"So glad you agree, Togepi," Kairi giggled. Once Sunkern was watered enough, she calls the seed Pokémon back inside just so she could rest.

A few dayss later, the group were walking down on the road under the scorching sun. Sora wipes the sweat off his head.

"I'm dying of thirst here," Sora said. Lana holds up an empty canteen.

"And all of our canteens are dry as a bone," Lana said.

"Not even enough for Togepi," Kairi said.

"Toge, Toge." Togepi said under the sun.

"Illima, how far is the nearest town?" Sora asked. Illima pulls out the map.

"According to the map, we should be approaching a town called Bloomingvale," Illima said.

"I hope it isn't too far," Sophocles said sweating.

"Me too. This is too much heat even for me to handle," Kiawe said wiping away some sweat. Hapu was about to retort when she spotted a pipe with a leak.

"Guys! Look! Water!" Hapu shouted getting everyone's attention.

"Hapu is right! That is water!" Lillie said.

"Could that be real?" Mallow asked.

"Or could it be a mirage?" Acerola said.

"Who cares because I'm thirsty!" Kiawe said.

"Me too!" Lana, Mina, Mallow, and Sophocles said.

Just before any of them could have a drink, a young woman holding a giant wrench came and started to fix the leak.

"Excuse us, miss," Sora said grabbing her attention. "You don't mind if we could fill our canteens with some of that water, do you? Because we're thirsty and everything." She smiles at the group.

"Not at all. You're more than welcome to help yourselves if you like," the young woman said.

"Thanks. We appreciate it very much," Sora said taking out his canteen filling it up. Kairi and the Alolan nine all did the same thing satisfied to have some water. The young woman fixed the leak in the pipe. "Again, thanks for letting us fill up our canteens."

"You're welcome. Just where are you heading?" The young woman asked.

"We're passing through Bloomingvale it's on the way to Azalea Town. Do you know where that is?" Sora asked.

"I actually come from there. My name is Sonrisa," she introduced herself.

"My name is Sora and this is my girlfriend Kairi," Sora introduced.

"Hello," Kairi greeted.

"Pikachu."

"Toge, Togepi."

"My name is Lillie."

"I am Illima."

"I'm Mallow."

"My name's Kiawe."

"I'm Lana."

"I'm Sophocles."

"My name is Acerola."

"Mina."

"And I'm Hapu."

"Very nice to meet you," Sorina said. "Why don't you come with me just so as you can rest your feet?"

"You sure?" Sophocles asked.

"How very nice of you," Lillie said.

Sonrisa led through the town as the group all look around.

"Such a nice town to live" Mallow said.

"I could see why it's called Bloomingvale," Hapu said.

"I love it here. The sun shines here almost every single day," Sonrisa said. "The weather is perfect for raising my favorite Pokémon." They reached her house with a greenhouse on the side. "Well, here we are."

"Look at that," Lana said.

"That looks like a nice house you have," Illima said.

"There's even a greenhouse on the side," Kairi said.

She turns a reb nob and turns on the sprinklers.

"Is that from your own water supply?" Kiawe asked.

"Uh-huh. I built my own system of pipes to bring pure water down from the mountains," Sonrisa said. "Okay, it's time for your daily sprinkle!" Coming out the greenhouse were Pokémon that looked like sunflowers. They all had leaves for arms. One of them was gloomy. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine were all amazed by the sight.

"Look at that!" Mallow beamed at the sight.

"Those are Sunflora!" Lillie pointed out.

"That's right. Bloomingvale is famous for Sunflora," Sonrisa said.

"Sunflora, huh?" Sora asked taking out his Pokédex.

Sunflora, the Sun Pokémon

The evolved form of Sunkern

Type: Grass

Sunflora converts solar energy into nutrition. It moves around actively in the daytime when it is warm. It stops moving as soon as the sun goes down for the night.

"Sunkern's evolved form," Sora smiled looking at Kairi. She took out a Pokéball and threw it.

"Sunkern! Come on out!" Kairi said calling her Sunkern out.

"Sunkern!"

Sunkern looked at the Sunflora dancing in the water sprinkling. Sunkern smiled as she joined them. Sunkern danced alomg with the Sunflora. That made Kairi giggle watching her Pokémon dance with her evolved form.

"Sunkern is really having fun with those Sunflora," Kairi said smiling. "That is so cute!" Sora snapped a picture with his Pokédex. He figured he'd have it printed out later when Kairi sends a letter to her grandma.

"Wow Kairi. Your Sunkern is really having fun out there," Sonrisa said.

"You're right. I'm going to guess that maybe it's the first time Sunkern ever saw some Sunflora in her life," Kairi said.

"I would say you did a great job raising your Sunkern," Sonrisa kindly said.

"Thanks," Kairi said.

"Sunflora needs to have clean water to keep them happy," Lillie said.

"Pure water makes the Sunflora happy and they have to be happy or they wouldn't stand a chance at the Sunflora Festival," Sonrisa said.

"What's the Sunflora Festival?" Hapu asked.

"It's a big celebration they have here every year. And every year they have the best Sunflora," Sonrisa explained.

"So cool," Sophocles said.

"Sunflora trainers like me train here all year long to have a chance at the first place trophy," Sonrisa said.

"Have you ever come in first?" Mallow asked.

"No. But I think I have a chance this year," Sonrisa said. Just then, one of the locals along with a Sunflora of his own walks by with a smile on his face.

"How are you doing, Sonrisa? How come you're not training your Sunflora?" The man asked.

"We did some training earlier and now I'm just watering them," Sonrisa said.

"Well, I hope they look happy becasue I just turned Lester's Sunflora's smiles even happier," the man said. "He just hired a comedian." He and his Sunflora laughed as they walked away.

"A comedian? I wonder who did he hire, Fozzie Bear?" Sora asked as he imagined a man hurling a pie in Sora's face making Sunflora laugh. "Is that guy a friend of yours, Sonrisa?"

"Cyrus is a Sunflora trainer who lives down the street. He won the Sunflora of the year award three times," Sonrisa answered.

"Sounds like they're all desperate to desperate to win," Kiawe said.

"People try everything to give their Sunflora an advantage," Sonrisa said. She looked around to the neighboring people with their Sunflora with one woman wearing a lavender dress and a Sunflora with a white face. "That trainer there makes her Sunflora wear mud pack over night to prevent wrinkles." Sora just laughed. She gestured to another woman with tanned skin and her Sunflora's face is tanned the same way as its trainer. "That girl over there takes her Sunflora to a tanning salon." They look over to a young man holding a stop watch as his Sunflora has a tire tied to its waist. That Sunflora ran across the side dragging the tire while running. "And that guy over there thinks daily workouts would work."

"I think I'm getting tired just by watching that," Sophocles said.

"Yeah me too," Sora said.

"What methods have you been using?" Kairi asked.

"I just gave my Sunflora some fresh air, clean water and try to keep them happy," Sonrisa said. "But the only one who isn't happy is Sunny." Sora walked over to the saddened Sunflora. "Sunny is the one I'm going to enter in the competition, but lately he's been very unhappy and I don't know why."

"How long has Sunny been like this?" Sora asked.

"For a few days now," Sonrisa answered. "He used to be so happy and cheerful all the time and then suddenly something changed." Sora had an idea of how to make Sunflora smile. Sora, Kairi, and the Alolan nine were all grateful to Sonrisa to let them have some water when they needed it so they wanted to return the favor.

"Hey there, Sunny. Why so gloomy? You should try smiling," Sora said.

"Flora, Sunflora," Sunny sadly said. Sora tried to make Sunny smile by making some silly faces to make the Sunflora laugh, but so far he had no such luck. Pikachu even tried to make Sunny laugh only to have the same results. Both the Pokémon and the trainer hung their heads in defeat.

"So much for the goofy faces," Sora groaned.

"Pika," Pikachu sadly agreed.

The three Sunflora yawned and returned to the greenhouse to sleep as soon as the sun was setting. Sunkern returned to Kairi's side.

"Did you have fun with those Sunflora?" Kairi asked.

"Kern!" Sunkern chirped.

"I'm so glad. You should rest up for a while," Kairi said calling her Sunkern back inside her Pokéball. The group made their way to the local Pokémon Center and stayed there for the night. After they had their dinner in the messhall they all drifted off to sleep.

Over to a greenhouse just down the street from Sonrisa's house, Team Rocket sneaks around up to no good as usual. They look around to make sure nobody was around. They go to the greenhouse as James picked the lock.

"Beautiful!" Meowth cheered.

"You are awfully good with locks!" Jessie complemented.

"I always knew how to pick 'em," James said.

They all entered the greenhouse and they all saw the Sunflora with the flower petals on their faces closed.

"Look at this! There has to be a zillion Sunflora in here!" Meowth said.

"Let's grab as many of them as we get our hands on," James said.

"And then we'll sell them and a fortune," Jessie said.

"We could do that, but I have a much better idea," Meowth said.

"What are you planning, Meowth?" Jessie asked.

"Instead of stealing a bunch of Sunflora, we just swipe just one and use that one to enter that Sunflora contest," Meowth suggested.

"Why in the world would we do that?" Jessie asked.

"No reason, except the grand prize is a year supply of instant noodles," Meowth reasoned.

"A whole year supply of instant noodles?!" Jessie and James beamed at the thought.

"Shh! Don't wake up them Sunflora," Meowth said to them.

"What would it be like to win those delicious and nutritious instant noodles, Jessie?" James asked with joy.

"It'll feel like winning the instant flowering with only one noodle! We've got to find a Sunflora that can win that contest," Jessie said.

"And I have just the thing to help us look," Meowth said as he pulled out what looks like an ordinary flashlight. "I give you the sunlight simulator!" Meowth turns it on and the whole room lights up like it was the real sun's light waking up every Sunflora in the greenhouse.

"Sunflora!"

"Sunflora!"

"Sunflora!"

All of the Sunflora starts dancing around thinking it was actually morning. Jessie was skeptical about which one to nab.

"Is it me or do all these sappy Sunflora look just the same?" Jessie asked.

"Jessie, each of these Sunflora is different and their unique characteristics are obvious to a trained observer like me," James said.

"Just how do you know so much about Sunflora, Jimmy-boy?" Meowth asked.

"I leaned about them from the gardener from my grandmama's estate when I was a tot," James answered.

"So what are you waiting for? Get out a stick and pick put our little meal ticket," Meowth said.

"Right," James said as he started looking for the suitable Sunflora to take. James observed each one carefully. "Hm. The leaves on this one is out of proportioned with its petals. This one has a nice smile, but it's shapley to be disired. This one is physically nice, but it lacks personality. This one has an insincere smile while this one just dosen't want to win badly enough; I could tell just by the look in its eyes."

Jessie looked around at the Sunflora inside as they all danced around still feeling skeptical.

"To be honest, all these Sunflora all look alike to me," Jessie said.

"They all have that same dopey grin," Meowth said as he took a step and tripped over a garden hose accidentally pushing a small button activating the alarm. "Crap! That button just ran into my paw!" A net falls right on the cat Pokémon trapping him.

"Now what are we supposed to do?!" Jessie exclaimed.

"Run for it!" James stated as he and Jessie ran fast leaving Meowth behind.

"Hey guys! Where ya going?" Meowth asked.

Jessie and James ran fast leaving behind a dust cloud. Cryrus had stepped out of his house and called out after them, "COME BACK HERE! COME BACK HERE YOU THIEVES!"

That woke up Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, and the Alolan nine while Togepi was still sleeping.

"You guys hear something?" Sora asked.

"There must have been a burglary and not too far," Lillie said.

"You don't think it might be Team Rocket again do you?" Acerola asked.

"It might be. There's only one way to find out," Sora said. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine went to the source of the sound and saw Cyrus holding a flashlight and a watering pail. "Cyrus! What's going on?"

"I heard a bell go off in my greenhouse and when I came to check it out, I caught this little cat burglar," Cyrus said pointing his flashlight at Meowth.

"Is that supposed to be funny? Cuz I ain't laughing," Meowth said.

"Meowth!" Kairi and the Alolan nine all said at once.

"I knew it!" Sora exclaimed. "It was them!"

"I can't believe Jessie and James just left me there, like I was yesterday's kitty litter," Meowth said sadly. Kairi remembered Meowth can translate what other Pokémon can say so she had an idea.

"Sora. I have an idea," Kairi said.

"What kind of idea?" Sora asked. Kairi whispered something into her boyfriend's ear. "Are you nuts?"

"We need to find out why Sunny is down lately. And not one of us can speak Pokémon like Meowth can," Kairi said. Sora groaned. He knew Kairi had a point.

"Okay, I guess," Sora said grudgingly. "Just don't expect me to like it." She handed Togepi to Sora.

"Say Cyrus. Why don't you let this Pokémon be in our custody since he's an innocent victim of circumstance," Kairi said.

"I am?" Meowth asked.

"We'll do our best to keep Meowth put of trouble," Kairi said.

"Well, this Meowth didn't actually steal anything, but I guess it's okay," Cyrus said.

"Thank you for understanding," Kairi said. She grabs the rope. "Say thank you to the nice man, Meowth."

"Thank you, nice man," Meowth said as he and the group took their leave for the Pokémon Center.

"Come along," Kairi said.

Sora had untied Meowth as soon as they returned to the room they were staying at.

"Whew! Wait till Jessie and James hear about how you helped me out," Meowth said. "You losers ain't so bad after all."

"Too bad I don't feel the same way," Sora said to the cat Pokémon.

"Sora! Heel!" Kairi told her boyfriend. She sets her attention to Meowth. "We had to rescue you for a good reason."

"She's right," Lana said.

"We helped you, so now you have to help us out," Sora said.

"Help you out? And why should I?" Meowth asked.

"There's a Sunflora that's down in the dumps and his trainer doesn't know why. So you can translate why is that," Kairi said.

"Well, that's pretty sad and everything, but what's in it for me?" Meowth asked.

"We'll let you go," Sora said. Meowth looked at Sora like he was joking.

"Are you pulling my tail?" Meowth asked.

"Nope. You help us out just this once and then we let you go; no strings attached," Sora said.

"And if I said no?" Meowth asked.

"We let that Sunflora trainer deal with you," Sora said.

"Okay, okay! I'll do it," Meowth said. "But, I don't have to like it."

"There's a surprise. Meowth is going to put that big mouth of his to good use," Kiawe said.

Back outside of Cyrus's greenhouse, Madame Muchmoney's Snubbull sniffs around for Meowth. She knew Meowth had been there because of the cat Pokémon's smell.

The very next morning, Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all bring Meowth over to Sonrisa's house to speak with Sunny.

"Hey, Sonrisa," Sora greeted.

"Hello everyone. It is good to see you again," Sonrisa greeted back. She spotted Meowth with them. "Who does this Meowth belong to?"

"None of us actually," Sora admitted.

"You may find this hard to believe, but this Meowth can talk," Illima said.

"It's true. I can," Meowth said.

"I heard from Cyrus he caught a talking Meowth in his greenhouse. I guess this is the one," Sonrisa said.

"Well, he agreed to help us out by finding out why Sunny is sad," Mallow said.

"And I did tell youse not to expect me to like it," Meowth said.

"You wanna earn your freedom? Then do it!" Sora said.

"Pika!" Pikachu agreed.

"Okay, okay, okay! I'm on it, I'm on it!" Meowth said in a huff. "Lookie here, smiley. Why so glum?"

"Flora, Flora, Flora. Sunflora, Flora, Sunflora, Sunflora, Sun," Sunny said sadly.

"Is that it? Well, that is pretty sad and I do feel for ya," Meowth said.

"What did he say?" Kairi asked.

"This Sunflora just said that the reason for the long face is because another Sunflora he used to play with ain't around no more," Meowth translated.

"Which Sunflora are you talking about, Sunny?" Sonrisa asked.

"Flora, Sunflora, Flora," Sunny said.

"One of the Sunflora from the guy who lives just down the street," Meowth translated.

"That must be one of Cyrus's little Sunflora," Sonrisa guessed.

"That explains why Sunny isn't in such a sunny mood," Lana said.

Then a lasso goes around Meowth and he's pulled over the hedge. Meowth yelps upon being pulled over. It was revealed to be Jessie and James that pulled him over.

"Meowth that hurts," Meowth said in pain.

"Oh, you're going to be just fine," Jessie said.

"Now we have a plan to win those instant noodles!" James said.

"Now let's make our getaway!" Jessie and James said as they dragged Meowth behind them.

"Thanks for the help, Meowth!" Kairi waved to them.

"Togepi!"

The group went over to Cyrus's house and they ask about the Sunflora who Sunny used to play with a lot and that struck a cord with him.

"Oh, I know which one you're talking about," Cyrus said. "I traded that Sunflora a few days ago for one of Joy's Pokémon."

"Joy?" Lana asked.

"Do you mean Nurse Joy?" Kiawe asked.

"Sure do," Cyrus said.

"Well, thanks for the info, Cyrus. You've been more helpful than you think," Lillie said.

The group made it back to the Pokémon Center to speak with Nurse Joy.

"Say, Nurse Joy," Sora said. "We were just told just recently you made a trade with a Sunflora for one of your other Pokémon."

"Oh, I know who you're talking about. You mean my new Pokémon Gwendela," Nurse Joy said letting that Sunflora out.

"Sunny, is this your little friend?" Sonrisa asked.

"Sunflora, Flora!" Sunny beamed.

"Flora, Sunflora!" Gwendela also beamed.

The two Sunflora did a little dance before they hugged each other happy to see each other again.

"Those two are really happy to see each other again," Mallow said.

"Good for them," Sophocles said almost in tears.

"Yeah," Mina said.

"I kinda wish I knew what they were saying," Sora said.

"I think it'll sound like," Kairi spoke with Meowth's voice making her face cat-like, "'I was so sad when I didn't see you back in the playground and I thought I never see you again.' Something like that," Kairi stated dropping the cat face. That made Sora chuckle.

"You sound more like Meowth than Meowth," Sora chuckled. Kairi laughed along her boyfriend.

"Well, I'm just happy to see my little Sunny happy again," Sonrisa said. It felt like it was forever since she saw Sunny this happy. To her, it felt like years. Nurse Joy had arranged for the two Sunflora to hang out again after being apart for a short time; but it felt like forever.

Once the Sunflora Festival started, Sora and Kairi took it as opportunity to use it as a date. Sora and Kairi made a stop at a game stand and threw a baseball at some tin bottles knocking them off. Sora won a plush Sunflora for her as a prize and she loved it instantly. Over to the Sunflora contest, Team Rocket were displeased with Meowth about failing to nab a real Sunflora, so they had to settle with Meowth. And, that disguise was just plain ridiculous. His face was taped just so he couldn't give himself away.

"How come I have to wear this stupid Sunflora getup?" Meowth asked.

"Because you ruined our plan to steal a real Sunflora," Jessie hissed at Meowth.

"You wanna win all those noodles do you?" James asked the disguised Pokémon.

"My face is all stretched out, my tail is squished in and my paws are all messed up! Those judges ain't gonna buy a Meowth posing as a posse!" Meowth said.

"Stop your complaining!" Jessie told Meowth.

"If you won't do it for us, then do it for all those noodles!" James added.

Meowth sighed, "Okay I'll try."

They rejoined their friends just in time for the contest as Sonrisa, Cyrus, and Team Rocket were the remaining finalists. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine knew it was Meowth since they how poor that disguise was, but they decided to let the judges figure that one out and have them thrown out. Sora and the others were amazed by a Sunflora tall enough to be in the NBA. The judges made their opinions known about the Sunflora, but they were suspicious about Meowth in disguise, but Snubbull made her way on stage. Meowth recognized that particular Snubbull.

"Crap! It's that Snubbull from that rich lady's house!" Meowth said in his thoughts. Snubbull runs on stage and tears off Meowth's disguise and bit his tail. "OW!" Meowth ran around on stage. Sora decided that they saw enough and Pikachu launch Thunderbolt on Jessie and James as Meowth had shaken Snubbull off. The pink bulldog-like Pokémon goes flying.

"Didn't that Snubbull look familiar to anyone?" Kiawe asked.

"Who cares? We have to stop them!" Hapu said.

"Right!" Lana and Mallow said.

"No you guys!" Kairi said.

"Kairi and I will stop them," Sora said. The Alolan nine nodded as they backed away.

"You are not going to stop us!" Jessie scowled taking out a Pokéball. "Arbok! Go!" Jessie threw the Pokéball letting out Arbok.

"Go Weezing!" James said throwing his Pokéball letting out his Weezing. Kairi handed Togepi to Lillie and took out a two of her Pokéballs to join in on the battle.

"Jigglypuff! Sunkern! Go!" Kairi threw her Pokéballs letting out both Jigglypuff and Sunkern. Sora took out a Pokéball to assist his girlfriend.

"Okay Pikachu, go in!" Sora said as Pikachu went on stage and threw his Pokéball. "Go for it Chikorita!" The Pokéball opens and Chikorita twirls her leaf upon entry. "Chikorita, you use Tackle and Pikachu use Iron Tail on Arbok!" Pikachu and Chikorita worked together to strike at Arbok.

"Jigglypuff! Double Slap! Sunkern! Razor Leaf on Weezing!" Kairi ordered. Sunkern pelted Weezing with Razor Leaf while Jigglypuff slapped Weezing four times on the face.

"Arbok! Wrap on Chikorita and Jigglypuff!" Jessie ordered.

"Weezing! Use Double Hit on Pikachu and Sunkern!" James ordered.

Arbok wrapped his body around Jigglypuff and Chikorita and Weezing landed Double Hit on both Pikachu and Sunken.

"Chikorita! Vine Whip!" Sora called out. Chikorita smacked Arbok with Vine Whip letting go of Jigglypuff and Chikorita. "Your turn, Kairi."

"Thanks Sora. Jigglypuff! Use Sing!" Kairi ordered. Jigglypuff sang her song with multicolored music notes from her mouth hitting Arbok making fall asleep.

"Chikorita! Tackle!" Sora ordered. Chikorita rammed into the sleeping cobra Pokémon sending him towards Weezing. "Pikachu! Iron Tail!" Pikachu smacked Weezing with his metallic glowing tail. Jigglypuff hops over to Arbok and takes out her microphone marker and doodles on Arbok's face.

"Sunkern! Use Mega Drain!" Kairi ordered. Sunkern spins the little leaves on her head as a green beam shoots from the leaves and hits Weezing. The attacks drains Weezing's energy and the poison gas Pokémon falls to the ground from exhaustion Jigglypuff doodles all over of Weezing's faces. Jessie let out a frustrated grow and pulled out another Pokéball.

"Wobbufett! Get in there!" Jessie called out letting out Wobbufett. James took out another Pokéball as well.

"You join in too, Victreebel!" James said throwing his Pokéball letting out Victreebel. But as usual Victreebel chomps on James's head. "How many times do we have to go through this?"

"Chikorita! Razor Leaf!" Sora called out.

"Sunkern! You use Razor Leaf too!" Kairi ordered.

Both Chikorita and Sunkern fired Razor Leaf right at their opponents.

"Wobbufett! Use Counter!" Jessie ordered.

"Wobbufett!" Wobbufett lifts his black tail as his body glowed orange; Wobbufett reflects the two Razor Leaves right back to their owners.

"Sunny! Use your Razor Leaf to block those attacks!" Sonrisa called out as Sunny used her own Razor Leaf to cancel out the Razor Leaf backfire.

"Thanks Sonrisa!" Kairi said.

"No problem," Sonrisa said smiling.

"Sunflora, Flora, Flora," Sunny chirped.

"Pikachu! Quick Attack on Victreebel!" Sora ordered.

"Jigglypuff! You use Sing on Wobbufett!" Kairi ordered.

Pikachu ran across the stage and landed a direct hit on Victreebel. Jigglypuff sang her song as multicolored music notes headed towards Wobbufett.

"Like that is going to work! Wobbufett! Counter now!" Jessie ordered.

"Wobbufett!" Wobbufett did use counter again, but it back fired as the music notes quickly surrounded the blue Pokémon and then went into dreamland. Jigglypuff doodles on Wobbufett's face like she did with Arbok and Weezing.

"Wobbufett! Arbok! Both of you wake up now!" Jessie scowled, but both of her Pokémon just slept hardily.

"Okay Pikachu! Thunderbolt on Arbok and Wobbufett!" Sora ordered.

"Jigglypuff! Rollout on Victreebel!" Kairi ordered. Pikachu sent out Thunderbolt and shocks the sleeping Pokémon waking them up and Jigglypuff rolls right towards Victreebel.

"Victreebel! Stop that powder puff with Leaf Blade!" James ordered. Victreebel tried to land a slash on the balloon Pokémon, but she was just too fast and rolled right into the fly catcher Pokémon.

"Sunkern! Use Seed Bomb!" Kairi ordered. Sunkern shot out a big seed right at Team Rocket and explodes upon contact. "Very good, Sunkern!"

"We'll take it from here," Sonrisa said. Sora and Kairi nodded and let her and Cyrus wrap it up. "Sunny! Use Solar Beam!"

"Dorabelle! You use Solar Beam too!" Cyrus ordered.

"Sunflora," Dorabelle said.

Everyone knew how bright the sun was shining and both Sunflora fired their Solor Beam attack sending Team Rocket and their Pokémon in the air once again.

"No year supply of noodles for us," James sobbed.

"It would have gone down smoother if that stupid Snubbull didn't get in the way and ruin everything!" Jessie scowled.

"I told you too that Sunflora getup wouldn't work!" Meowth said.

"TEAM ROCKETS BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" Team Rocket shouted out as they went flying.

"WOBBU!" Wobbufett also said as a star twinkles in the background.

The crowd cheered as the battle had concluded. Many of them had applauded to the couple as they had thwarted four evolved Pokémon while one of them is a Sunkern. The judges has done a final evaluation on the remaining two Sunflora and had selected Sunny as the winner of the contest. Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all applauded along with the crowd. Later, the group were taking their leave.

"Thank you so very much. If it weren't for all of you, we wouldn't have won the Sunflora Festival," Sonrisa said.

"You don't have to thank us," Sora said. "I never thought I would say it, but it's Meowth deserves part of the credit. He did interpret Sunny's problem."

"I never thought you'd say it either," Hapu said.

"None of us did to tell the truth," Illima said.

"But more importantly, it was your hard work that really won it," Kairi said.

"Toge, Togepi."

Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine all set off towards Azalea Town waving goodbye to Sonrisa and Sunny. As they continued on with their journey, Sora places his arm around Kairi.

"Gotta hand it to you, Kairi. You're getting better each time you battle," Sora said with a compliment.

"Thank you, Sora," Kairi said blushing a little. "I only wanted to back you up. You okay with it?"

"Why wouldn't I be okay with it?" Sora answered his girlfriend's question with a question. Kairi giggled.

"You're right. And I would feel the same way," Kairi said. The Alolan nine smiled warmly at the couple. All of the girls were so moved by the love in the atmosphere.

Not far behind, Snubbull sniffs around for Meowth and she continues to follow the cat Pokémon's trail. Also, Gligar had been searching for Sora and the rest of the group for days since the Beedrill chase.

Gligar glides down to the dancing Sunflora. The sunflower Pokémon all looked at the newcomer waving happily.

"Have you seen a human boy with spikey-hair along with some other humans and a Pikachu too?" - Gligar subtitle.

"Uh-huh. He and his friends left not too long ago." - Sunny subtitle.

"Which way did they go?" - Gligar subtitle.

"They went that way. Just out of town." - Sunny subtitle. Sunny points to down to where Sora and his friends had left.

"Thanks a lot, buddy! Thanks a lot!" - Gligar subtitle. Gligar shook Sunny's leaves and took off. Sunny smiled as he danced with Sonrisa's other Sunflora in the sprinkling.

"What a nice Pokémon." - Sunny subtitle.

Gligar continues to follow the trail for Sora, Kairi, Pikachu, Togepi, and the Alolan nine and hoped to catch up with them eventually.